Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Crosstour

Comments

• wemburkewemburke Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2010
    My concern is not so much the need to install new pads - that is relatively easy and cheap. I am wondering if the brakes are too small for the weight, would this lead to: a) reduced stopping ability/performance; b) too much heat causing premature rotor warping - meaning re-surfacing or replacement (something that is not so inexpensive).
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Since this is the first year for the crosstour the brakes may or may not be matched properly. You are usually better off waiting until the second or third year to let the bugs be worked out. Having said that unless you plan on towing a trailer, I wouldn't let that issue from preventing me from buying. A lot depends on your load and how you drive.
  • berniemavisberniemavis Member Posts: 9
    I too thought it was time to look at a Subaru however after close inspection including user forums, I went to my Honda dealer, ordered a Crosstour and even had change left over!

Bernie
  • schocktopschocktop Member Posts: 2
    The Subaru lease is not good as the Crosstour. Honda has much more confidence in the resale value.

I tested the 10' Subie Outback, a loaded Venza, and the AWD Crosstour w/Nav. The Crosstour is miles ahead of the others in terms of style, comfort, and quality.
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    I would agree. I drove the Outback and while it was a nice car, quality was not as good as a Crosstour. Monthly lease payment on the EXL 4WD was over $100 less than the Outback LTD (4 cyl) and the Outback had $1500 out of pocket at lease inception while the Crosstour was a sign & drive (no trade either).
  • alorstaralorstar Member Posts: 4
    I also drove all 3, Subie, Venza, Crosstour. I believe you drove a 4-cyl Outback. That being the case, of course you would like the Crosstour better. You need to try the 6 cyl Outback. It's like night and day. You might change your mind. Also, the nav in the Outback actually works, and works great. On the other hand, the nav in the Crosstour is a dud that can't understand voice commands (yes, different persons tried), and the click-and-press manual commands are frustrating and not as user friendly as the Outback's nav. If Honda makes some refinements to the Crosstour, I'll take another look. Venza w/o 4wd is squirrely when accelerating after a turn, so its off my list because I don't need a 4wd and not willing to loose gas mileage to get it.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Albert72, did you post the details of your lease? Sounds like you did it the right way with sign and drive.
  • nickdetomasonickdetomaso Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car_Man,

Please provide March's residual and money factory for a 36 month lease of 2010 Crossover EX-L, based the following criteria:

1.) 12K/yr with Nav
    2.) 12K/yr without Nav
    3.) 15K/yr with Nav
    4.) 15K/yr without Nav

Thanks in advance!
  • krissbellkrissbell Member Posts: 1
    The Buying Experience-Prices Paid in Chicago NW suburbs...

We recently bought a albaster silver metallic 2010 Crosstour 4WD EX-L with NAVI. Since I have benefited from this forum, I wanted to share our experience as well. We got a decent deal from Brilliance Honda in Crystal lake, IL(another NW Chicago suburb) for around 32250 before TTL and dealer protection package(which is not worth 399 they charged). The clincher was the 1.9% APR for 60 months.The guys(esp. Sales guy-Chris Payton) were great and everything was negotiated via emails. No pains there. We also traded in '01 Grandam GT for around 3K. Honda is apparently running a dealer incentive for Crosstour..But where we got hit were the ext. warranty($1400)+ whole bunch of protection packages except alien protection & UFO abductions. We wanted complete piece of mind for 7 years at least and since it was a good deal to begin with, we decided to tack on the extras....

The BackGround- Why? Why? Why?

We loved the car at the Chicago auto show and shape(yes! we are weird) in our opinion was unique and gave it an unique flair not seen on other cars except the Porsche Panamera....Also, CT reminded my wife her parent's AMC Eagle growing up..

Ownership Experience for past 3 days

We have already put in 400 miles in the past 2 years of ownership and we LOVE the car..The most smoothest, least noisest Honda I have ever been in.. My other car is 2007Honda Civic Si Sedan...So I do care for dynamics and CT doesn't disappoint....The kickdown from auto transmission is very quick and you are NEVER shortchanged...And I am impressed, coming from a Si... Ride is great compromise.. Wont win slalom races with Si, but holds in own.. handles much better than SUVs....It behaves like a car and has most of the utility one needs. We transported whole bunch of plants from my aunt's place...And space is more than adequate for me and my wife and out future 2 kids...The best part is the ECO mode. This is awesome. On a car with 10 miles, we averaged around 25 mpg on the highway. And its very non-intrusive... I think Honda is very conservative with these numbers...Also the navigation is quite user-friendly, voice friendly...The rear view camera is great...

The CONS

-Lack of power-adjustable steering. It has memory settings for seats and mirrors but not for steering. That is a total bummer...Honda went cheap there..And also the lack of internal rear-view mirror needs to be adjusted as well... No power settings for that...

- My wife misses the panoramic sunroof her mom's SRX has.. But with Honda, sunroofs are like a source of rattles and I am glad, it is not bigger than the current size...

- EX-L without NAVI and reversing is a PAIN. It should come with rear parking sensors..at the very least.. And the BIG SCREEN for EX-L without NAVI is stupid...If my dealer had given us parking sensors,we would have got the one without NAVI. With the parking sensors installed, the difference between NAVI and non-NAVI is only 1400. I think the reverse camera and NAVI is well worth the 1400.

- No automatic wipers...Well I am being a snob here...

ADVICE TO POTENTIAL BUYERS

- Drive Crosstour even if you plan to buy an Accord Sedan.. Once you get over the looks, its a great car and difference after the dealer payoffs and Honda promotions.. is GREAT...!

- Even though MSRP is HIGH for a HOnda, I think at the current prices, it is a STEAL...! BUY ONE BEFORE IT BECOMES POPULAR...

- Also, I called Geico to add my car.. And the Customer rep at geico was mentioning it was her 20th Honda Crosstour she was adding in the past 2 days. Geico had to put in a req to IT department to add the Crosstour to the list of Hondas. ..

- 5 stars out of 5.
  • blue_boyblue_boy Member Posts: 52
    I can speak to my 2003 Pilot bought new. It has 88,808 miles on it (last night) and the original brakes are on it. No noise or squealing either. Hope this information helps.

ps I don't abuse brakes.
  • believebelieve Member Posts: 74
    I don't want to start anything here, but this guy is full of crap. IF he has any kahoonas, post your vin # !
    I can't stand these trolls!
  • berniemavisberniemavis Member Posts: 9
    I have tested two CT's with Nav. One unit had parking guide lines and distance markers the one I tested today just had the image...no maskers. What gives? :confuse:
  • ewysockiewysocki Member Posts: 14
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the bra cover for the front of the Crosstour. I read the installation instructions and it indicates that the bra needs to be removed if it gets wet. I will cause discoloration of the paint otherwise. Any help would be appreciated. I just ordered it and I am considering cancelling the order for the bra.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Personally, I'd pass on the bra.

Instead look at getting the clear stone protection made by 3M.
  • piper1233piper1233 Member Posts: 2
    The line Feature can be turned off or on at will
  • piper1233piper1233 Member Posts: 2
    I bought My Crosstour with the nav for the camera because of the rear visibility. after driving it several days I'm very happy that I got the nav, but not because of any visibility problems. There is absolutely no visibility problem, you can see as well out of the crosstours rear window as any other vehicle.
  • alan338alan338 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you for your posting #225, piper1233, expressing your view on the visibility issue of Crosstour. This was my big concern when I visited my local Honda dealership to look at the car. With all the rear headrests up the view thru the rear windshield is blocked as much as 50% in my estimate. The salesman immediately lowered the rear middle headrest and the view improved somewhat. I was so unhappy with the visibility thru the rear windshield that I declined a test drive.

What you posted here just gave me new hope. I probably will go there again later this week or next week to have a test drive. However, another issue comes up. The financing incentive expires tomorrow 5/3/10 and I don't think I would be ready to buy this car tomorrow. :cry:
    Hi Piper1233 we purchased a CrossTour 3 weeks ago. I too had reservations regartding the view out of the back of the vehicle.Turns out because it is just my wife and myself that we just drop the back seat down and the view improves. Granted it could be better however this seems to work for us. Of course if you are more than two, that indeed is not an option. Hope you are able to purchase one, it is truyly a luxury car...............
  • alan338alan338 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you, ewysocki, for your valuable information on the visibility issue. I use my car by myself majority of the time and so lowering the back seat should not be a big problem. When I test drive the car I certainly will do the comparison: with back seat up vs with back seat down. At the very least the rear middle headrest would be lowered all the time because hardly there is a 5th passenger in my car.

I live in central NJ and don't mind travelling up to 100 miles for this car if the price is attractive. Can you please share your purchase experience with us so that we can benefit from it? Where did you buy the Crosstour, what options were on the car and what was the out the door price you paid? Thankssssssssssss a lot.
  • c650c650 Member Posts: 8
    Have any of you tried to set up your Crosstour for light towing? I'd like to have the ability to tow a utility trailer, which would weigh about 1,400lbs loaded. Strongly considering a Crosstour, this is my main concern.
  • c650c650 Member Posts: 8
    Any scoop on when Honda will release data on the 2011 Crosstour? There are currently no real incentives on the 2010. wondering if it would be more wise to wait for a 2011.
    We purchased our CT about 4 weeks ago. My wife who normally does not enjoy the car shopping experience fell in love with the car when she drove it. Much to my surprise. Normally she is the stone faced person during the negotiations however she was very excited about this vehicle. Needless to say we now have it. It is very comfortable to drive. It is more on the luxury side than to sporty side. That is fine with me as we normally drive it for long hauls. The interior is very upscale and there is ample leg room in the rear seating area. The view out of the back is not the best but it is workable. So far so good..................
  • miked22miked22 Member Posts: 20
    Braless is the way to go
  • danpf1danpf1 Member Posts: 89
    Is this SUV towable four wheels down, like the CR-V?

Dan
    The four wheel drive only kicks in when needed. Under normal operating conditions it is front wheel drive. That is how I understand it works. I am sure the a dealer could give you more information. Still loving it...................
    Sorry I misunderstood your message, DUH! I do not know how towable it would be. Something I did not consider since we do not have a motor home...................
    My 1998 CR-V is a great toad, but was hoping Honda would come out with a CR-V V-6 are the diesel engine like in Europe. The C/T is a little pricey ($5,000 more) but would be willing to give it a try if it is towable four wheels down.

Dan
  • roho1roho1 Member Posts: 318
    toad? four wheels down? OK, what are we talking about here?
    Toad refers to a vehicle that can be towed with all wheels down on the ground behind another vehicle without any modification to it's drive train, other than a tow bar. Eliminates the need for a tow trailer. I contacted a dealer about the issue, but haven't received a reply to my inquiry. Think I will give another dealer a call, it's a shame that a lot of dealer know very little about their products they sale.

Dan
    Thanks for the clarification. I've towed a lot of boats and trailers but never toad a vehicle, The crosstour seems like a large car to be toading.
  • jian6368jian6368 Member Posts: 1
    I've seen this mentioned on other boards, and will post here to make sure the message gets out. My wife was stopped at a traffic light. The light turned, and upon acceleration the sunroof shatterred to pieces. Glass shards were all over the interior of the vehicle. She described not just a gentle crack and shatter, but a full blown explosion of glass.
  • nmctownernmctowner Member Posts: 9
    We have had our EX-L 4WD for over 9 months. No problems. Last tank was 23+ mpg mostly around town. We just got rear bumper guard through dealer. Looks great.
    We have had our CrossTour EX-L AWD for about 4 months and are very pleased with the way it handles and rides. Very quiet and smooth. Sorry I did not get the nav with backup camera however.................
    Can you describe the bumper guard? I saw a photo of one and couldn't make out exactly what it is. It looked like a flap you folded over the bumper from inside? I'm just used to a strip of rubber on the top of the bumper.
  • nmctownernmctowner Member Posts: 9
    It is a brushed chrome guard in three pieces - two small ones at the sides and a long one across the middle. it was ordered through the dealer and installed in about 1/2 hour. looks good and should protect the top of the bumper. we had a rubberized one on the old Murano. This one looks more like it was designed for the purpose rather than just added on. Ours was added as a part of the purchase deal at no cost (finally) but i think it would be less tham $200 if you paid for it.
  • heilingheiling Member Posts: 2
    I just got my Honda Crosstour back in January and love it. We are located in AZ and I just had my sunroof KABOOM! on me the other day. My current situation is the dealership is telling me it's not going to be covered, however, I am working my way through the ranks. Forunately for me I did not have glass all over the place. I thought quickly and just closed the cover so nothing fell into the interior. I am hoping to have this resolved soon. I hate to say it, but I am glad I am not the only one so I have another instance to show them. They want me to turn this into my insurance. My insurance wants me to pay my collision deductible...Yes, collision, even though I did not collide with anything. Uggh!
    Hi I too live in Arizona, Tucson to be exact. Sunroof is still intact, made it through the whole HOT summer. What conditions were present when this incident occurred? Bought our CT back in JUNE of this year
  • heilingheiling Member Posts: 2
    Sunny day this past Tuesday....driving home after work on the interstate. No flying objects, no high speeds yet, but yet the dealership is saying they won't cover. Next step is to contact American Honda and hopefully resolve. There is no signs that would indicate that there was anything that hit the sunroof. Unhappy that the dealership won't help me out even based on the recent findings of the original poster.
  • pcguyspcguys Member Posts: 24
    There's no way I'm spending $50/month more to lease a crosstour with navi & reverse camera, just to get the camera.

For $500 dealer add-on, you can get the beep-beep-beep reversing sonar thing.

QUESTION: How well does that work?

I live in the city.

Is it good for parallel parking, or just children running behind the vehicle?

Specifically, does the audible beeps help you distinguish if you are 1 foot away from the car behind, or 6 inches, or 3 inches?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • keyboard21088keyboard21088 Member Posts: 20
    Does the Crosstour come with a Cargo net (standard)?

Just got one and it does not. I just looked online and it says it is $80 and has to be installed? Why? Is that true?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Might be a cost cutting move... plus a chance to make a little more from you on purchase and installation. The cargo cover on my 2007 Versa was not included with my 2010, but I COULD purchase it as an accessory if I wanted,
    I had a cargo net in my Murano. Never really used it............more of a pain just to get it properly secured over items.
    ;) I'm with you on that one. The cargo cover for my 2007 has been in a closet for about a year now
  • shenk88shenk88 Member Posts: 1
    I'm glad you got your resolution from your Honda dealer. I'm hoping for some better news from my dealer tomorrow. Almost the exact same thing happened to my wife today. The sunroof exploded and I do mean exploded, not imploded. Upon further inspection, you can tell that the glass is deflected upwards. The shade was open but there's minimal glass in the cabin considering the amount of glass that must have come out. It must have exploded out of the car. I took the car immediately to Goodson Honda West in Houston and my quote was $1100 to make the repair. They took a quick glance and dismissed the problem for flying debris. Yeah, sure. The trajectory of the projectile has to be so precise at 70mph to hit a sunroof and even so, the speed would reduce the direct impact to a point that it would not have caused this much damage. ">
    At 70mph the pressure on the outside of the sunroof is going to be less than the pressure on the inside (faster moving air means lower pressure, thank you Mr Bernoulli) so it's not surprising that everything went out and up. And the amount of damage once the sunroof is broken isn't surprising either given the speed. What caused it is open to question for sure, but some kind of projectile impact IS the most likely cause
  • hoosiergrandadhoosiergrandad Member Posts: 96
    Have one @ 4500 mi ,no problems. From what I gather, I can expect brake "judder" at or before 20K. Anybody had to address this? It seems to me that changing to something other than OEM parts might be advisable if and when trouble develops. My last 2 Hondas developed the problem at about 30K. Is there a "magic bullet"(like a different set of pads,maybe) that would help ?
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    I know this is an odd question regarding this vehicle, but has anyone tried going off-pavement. I use this term since no way shape or form can this thing go true Off-Road. I have taken my wifes Crosstour on a few of the mountain trail roads and non-maintenence roads around here and its done okay. I was going to try and push it a little farther into some of the stuff I do with "The Beast" (my '06 Pilot EX-OR), but not liking the visibility.

Odie
    I don't know if this has happened to anyone else's Crosstour yet. My wife's car while in having a tire fixed (due to a roofing nail) was found to have the paint on both sides chipping. It is right where the rear taillights come to the forward facing point (like it pointing towards the front of the car). The honda body shop is going to take the car for an entire week (plus give a loaner) and completely repaint the rear of the vehicle. They said its the 3rd one they have had like this in the last few months and they think it might be a design flaw making the lights rub against the metal. I will take a picture and post it on my vehicle page on Facebook, then put a link here so you too can make sure it doesn't happen to yours. I'm very happy Honda is stepping up so quickly on this issue too.

Odie
    edited April 2012
    Looks like Honda just got an illigitimate child... Check out the picture. That my friends is blatant badge engineering.

Odie