Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

01 Sentra GXE broken oil dip stick.

brahda808brahda808 Member Posts: 25
edited July 2014 in Nissan
I got a problem folks. My oil dip stick broke off at the handle and slid down the tube attached to the block. I can't even see it from the top of the tube. It broke off the handle right behind the rubber O ring. So there is part of the yellow plastic still attached to the top of the metal dip stick. Any suggestions on how to get it out? Some told me if I put compressed air into a vacuum hose it would "shoot out" the dip stick? Is that true? Which hose?

Comments

• Options
    spm1spm1 Member Posts: 3
    I just had the same thing happen on my 2001 Sentra GXE. Yours is not red is it? After pulling all of my hair out, I took my shop vac and put the end of the hose (1-1/4") in the oil fill hole (make sure hose is clean). Put the other end in the output end of the shop vac and the blower pushed the old dipstick out. Hope this works for you. I just bought mine last weekend. 47,000 miles and real clean. $6,000. New dipstick- $11.69. Also, I changed my oil afterwards in case of dirt from the shop-vac.
This discussion has been closed.