Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Honda CR-V News from Dealer

cama1cama1 Member Posts: 12
edited August 2014 in Honda
This is what a dealer emailed me re the 2010's:

Still no brochures yet on the '10 CRV. However, I did find out some information on the equipment that will be available. Along with an addition of horsepower (now 180), it will have 1mpg increase for both the city and highway, and the redesigned fascia. The following will be additional equipment options:
LX model will be outfitted to have everything it needs to add the rear cargo cover
EX model will have lit vanity mirrors, compass, and 10 spoke wheels
EXL model will be adding the USB audio interface
EXL models with navigation will have the bluetooth capability.

Comments

• sr146260211sr146260211 Member Posts: 55
    Lots more information and pictures here...

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=852344

">link title
  • tkay2tkay2 Member Posts: 51
    Wondering if the new model has addressed the differential problem, plus was anything done with the road noise? Otherwise they can keep em!
  • motoguy128motoguy128 Member Posts: 146
    Honda, as well as most owners don't consider either to be a problem. The marketing materials say that efforts were made ot make it quieter.

I think both wind and road noise are more noticeable because the engine is quieter and better isolated than in other vehicles. I was towing a trialer at freeway speeds and I coudl hardley tell that the engine was in 4th gear at 3000RPM instead of 5th at 2200RPM. When it went to 3rd gear on hills, it was noticeable, but not overly intrusive. Given, it's not as quiet as our Nissan Altima, but that's a more expensive chassis and platform. The CR-V is still based on the Civic chassis.

I'm not aware of a specific differential problem. The design does require regular maintenance with many doing service before the recommended intervals.

On note on differential noise. I did notice some noise form the rear while making a sharp right turn with the angles of the pavement causing the inside wheels to lose traction. The next day I turned off VSA and the noice wasn't present.

I wonder if some of the "moaning" that people think is comming form their differntial is actually the stability control being too sensitive at low speeds and activating/pulsing the brakes on the rear wheels.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Wondering if the new model has addressed the differential problem, plus was anything done with the road noise? Otherwise they can keep em!

What is the differential problem?

If you are implying that changing fluid on a regular basis is a problem, then you should be complaining about every automtotive manufaturer requiring regular oil and filter changes as well.

Because we all know that you have designed a car that does not need oil, filter, or any other lfuid change, but the big comspiracy is what is preventing you from going public with it. :P
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "What is the differential problem?

If you are implying that changing fluid on a regular basis is a problem, then you should be complaining about every automtotive manufaturer requiring regular oil and filter changes as well. "

My 2003 EX had to have the rear fluid changed at 15K or it started making noises back there. The manual said 30K intervals. I don't mind following the manual, but the manual should be accurate.

From what I can tell, people are still having issues with the rear differential requiring more frequent fluid changes than the "maintenance minder" indicates.
    My 2003 EX had to have the rear fluid changed at 15K or it started making noises back there. The manual said 30K intervals. I don't mind following the manual, but the manual should be accurate.

From what I can tell, people are still having issues with the rear differential requiring more frequent fluid changes than the "maintenance minder" indicates.

I believe the manual recomennded 60K or 90K differential fluid intervals. Hence, any required fluid change before then should have been covered by Honda. It was in many cases.

I believe the maintenance minder recommends changing the differential fluid around 15-20K, depending on the driving conditions.
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "I believe the manual recomennded 60K or 90K differential fluid intervals. Hence, any required fluid change before then should have been covered by Honda. It was in many cases.

I believe the maintenance minder recommends changing the differential fluid around 15-20K, depending on the driving conditions. "

I didn't pursue the issue with the dealer. I knew that the AWD incurred higher costs, and simply considered it a part of the ownership. I was aware of the longer interval, but my choice was to simply cover the cost.

I think that Honda goofed up in specifying the longer intervals in the Gen 2 CR-V. The differential simply needs more fluid changes. I'm glad to hear that the Gen 3 has a more realistic interval.
  • daryll44daryll44 Member Posts: 307
    I traded my 2007 CR-V EX-L today for the same 2010 model. One BIG difference is the power seat with power lumbar adjustment. Driving this car versus the old one is like night and day. Amazing how much improved the seating feels. For what it's worth, I got a fabulous deal. I can't believe how well Hondas hold their value versus other cars. I had no intention of trading but really they made me an offer I could not refuse.
  • cslasorcslasor Member Posts: 15
    Does anybody know if the 2010 CR-V will have the Homelink system on any of the models? It was standard on my 2000 Accord EX-L and I'm surprised it's not on the CR-V yet.
    It's not on my new EX-L without NAV. Perhaps it's part of the NAV but otherwise I don't think it's on any other CR-V
    Does anybody know if the 2010 CR-V will have the Homelink system on any of the models? It was standard on my 2000 Accord EX-L and I'm surprised it's not on the CR-V yet.

On Gen 2 and Gen 2.5 simple map lights (with sunglass holder) transplant from Acura TL or Honda Oddyssey ($40 on ebay) resulted with fully functional Home link with 3 buttons and matching OEM colors.

Not sure what Gen 3 map lights look like, but chances are that the RDX maplight will have Home link and will fit.
    Thanks for the info - that might come in handy. I stopped by the Honda dealer on the way home and test-drove a 2010 EX-L AWD. It still feels underpowered to me (DH has a 2002 CR-V), but then I'm used to my V6 Accord. They still had a lot of '09s on the lot, though, and seemed real eager to make a deal on one. I know Honda has a $1750 rebate on the '09s and that just might be enough to tempt me into buying one. I still have to test drive the Venza, though. That's the only other vehicle that's still on my "shortlist".
  • newcivicexmnnewcivicexmn Member Posts: 4
    $1750 rebate on 2009 CRV's??? I haven't heard about this yet... Could you tell me where you got this information? I do not see on it on Honda's website. According to Honda website, the only special on CRV's is a lease special.

Thanks!
  • lzclzc Member Posts: 483
    I'd be interested in hearing whether you think the 2010 model is any quieter than the 2007 version. While I doubt I'd trade my '07 model to gain a power seat, yep, I bet it does add to your comfort.

Congrats on the new CR-V.
    Perhaps a little quieter. But the seat difference is amazing.
    My mistake - the $1750 rebate was on the '09 Altimas, not the CR-Vs. Sorry for the misinformation - I've been looking at too many cars for too long and got my details mixed up. The '09 CR-Vs are still a good deal, though. If we didn't already have 2 of them in our family I'd get one in a heartbeat. :)
  • tkay2tkay2 Member Posts: 51
    What kind of trade did you get for the 07 and what did you pay for the 2010..Thinking of doing the same
  • larrdanlarrdan Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know how to remove the left and right rear seat Head restraints?...The center one has the push button...The other two do not? The owners manual does not address it....I bought front and rear seat covers and the head restraints have to be removed to install them...Sounds like a dumb question, but I have not been able to fiqure it out...
    Does anyone know how to remove the left and right rear seat Head restraints?...The center one has the push button...The other two do not? The owners manual does not address it....I bought front and rear seat covers and the head restraints have to be removed to install them...Sounds like a dumb question, but I have not been able to fiqure it out...

I think the bigger question is whether the seat covers are side air bag friendly. If the seat covers are not desined to accomodate the exploding side airbags, which are mounted on the side of the seatback, then you are just asking for trouble, big trouble!!!

I don't have the 2010 OWNER's MANUAL, but, I highly doubt that it does not say how to remove the headrests. How else are you going to line up the seats for the bed feature?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    It's on page 102 of the downloadable manual. (How To Find Your Car Owner's Manual Online)

See more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com

Note that the pic just shows the center rear seat but the text there hints that they all come out this way.
  • acehbeeacehbee Member Posts: 1
    The outside rear seat head restraints are not easily removable. 2010 Honda CR-V outside rear seat head restraints, you can tilt it forward, but to remove it, you have to use two flat head screwdriver, but even then it is not an easy task at all. I ended by bringing it to the dealer and the service guy ended up broken the tab to pull the head rest off. I need the head restraint removed to put the child car seat properly, since it wasn't leaning flat against the back of the seat. They put it under warranty and will fix the head rest tab once they got the part.

My suggestion if you have just got 2010 Honda CRV, it should still be under warranty, simply bring it to the dealer and have them removed it. Show them how bad the design is. Even the service guy at my Honda dealer think it is crazy and have totally hard time to remove the head rest and ended up breaking the tab.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Well, that's a bit of a pain. The rear seat headrests on my wagon pop out and there's even a spot in the fender wells to store them in. Helps a bit with the visibility since I rarely have passengers.

Thanks for the update - it's always better to let the dealer break something on their own nickle. :shades:
  • yanyyany Member Posts: 1
    acehbee, I found your post through google search because I face the exact same problem!! The only difference is my CRV is 2011 model. Apparently Honda didn't realize how stupid this design is and didn't change it at all. My child car seat can't lean flat to the back seat because the head restraint is in the way. My dealer told me it is as designed and they could only help me to remove the center head restraint, which I can do it myself anyway. Guess I should push dealer more into getting them remove it for me. thanks for your post, glad I found someone with a common problem
  • sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    just bot a certified 2007 with nav for 19700 with low 19k miles on it-- on a 200 trip on the highway i noticed the seat being an issue as well. no lumber-- no power.. thinking about bringing a pillow on the next long trip... do like the mpg and trunk space. I dont think the extra 12 hp will do much, nicer rims on the 2010 but i think this rig needs another 50 easy on inclines.
This discussion has been closed.