Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 KIA Rondo information

conwelpicconwelpic Member Posts: 600
edited August 2014 in Kia
MSRP on the Canadian 2010 Rondo's

LX - 5-seater $19,995 ($1000 extra with a/c)

EX - 5-seater $22,595
EX - 7-seater $23,545

EX-V6 - 5-seater $23,595
EX-V6 - 7-seater $24,545

EX Premium - $24,795

EX-V6 Luxury - 7 seater $26,795
EX-V6 Luxury 7-seater w/navi $27,795

Delivery and destination $1650

other than the base model it looks like a $200 increase over the 2009 models

Comments

• gened1gened1 Member Posts: 256
    I have been looking for information on the 2010 Rondo. There seems to be more variations in Canada than in the US. I would like to know what the changes are for the US model and are there any websites with this information?
    If someone buys a used Kia does the original warranty follow the car? In other words, is the 5 year bumper to bumper and the 10 yr powertrain warranty still in effect for the second purchaser?
  • conwelpicconwelpic Member Posts: 600
    it is in Canada but we only get a 5 yr /100,000 km on the powertrain.
    I had the chance to finally see a 2010 Rondo EX-V6 on my dealer the other day (there first and only one) when I took my Rondo in for the 48,000 km service.

The only changes that I could see over the '09 model was the ECO-minder indicator in the middle of the tach and different styled alloy wheels.

(I'd post pictures if this forum was more user friendly)
    just found 2010 info on a media release for the US

http://www.kiamedia.com/secure/rondo2010_100109.html

some highlights:
    Rondo also now features the addition of standard side-view mirrors with integrated turn signals and a standard EcoMinder indicator,
    No prices indicated.
  • ofionnachtaofionnachta Member Posts: 36
    I just read that Kia will be "replacing" Rondos with Sorentos (because they are making them in the States), starting in 2011.

I don't see that big ugly nosed thing being a replacement for a Rondo! And it is more than a thousand lb heavier. Of course it will cost more.

I wonder if they will still be making Rondos for the Korean/European markets, just sticking us Americans with the big junk once more?
    where did you read this? Can't see this, if anything it would be the new 2011 Sportage that could replace it, but find this hard to believe too.
    The '09 Sorento is $10,000 more in Canada than a Rondo, so how can it compete in that price range. The new 2011 Sorento is well below 300 lbs over the Rondo with similar storage capacity.

own - '08 Rondo, from Ontario, Canada
    From Greg, posting on kia-world.net forum: "RE: 2010 Rondo information

I kinda said that in the post before yours. the five seater option is no more, and rear back up camera is included in the premium package. There will be no 2011 Rondo, it is being replaced by the 2011 Sorento."

I don't know whether they are going to stop making them for Korea and Europe---my guess is they want to support the Sorentos being made in GA so are removing the potential competition from within their own line. Pity.

Edmunds' page for 2011 Sorento says the MSRP will start for Base model at abt 20k (US), not far from Rondos.
    yes I read that comment (and you can see I replied to it on that forum too), but its only hear-say as yet I haven't seen any official confirmation and KIA has produced another 4000 Carens/Rondo's for export in November.
    However, I have not seen any spy shots of any potential Rondo overhaul, like at the moment they have the 2011 Sportage under wraps for testing, but then again there is nothing on the Rio which is another one to go for major overhaul. Only time will tell.
    I also saw a press release saying Kia was in talks to produce Carens in China starting in 2010, for the Chinese market. They already have a deal with this company to make a couple of other models there.

So it does not seem they are discontinuing the model per se. Just not going to make it available in the States ater 2010. I don't know about Canada.

It's just the old runaround---make the big uglies for the US, send the trim people/cargo carriers to Europe & Asia.
    It's just the old runaround---make the big uglies for the US, send the trim people/cargo carriers to Europe & Asia.

I agree with you, you get about two dozen choices of vehicles similar to the Rondo in Europe. Makes you wonder who makes these decisions. Problem is all the manufacturers do it!

There is no Carens/Rondo being built at the Chinese plants as of November.
    If Auto manufacturers would produce 6 or 7 seat vehicles similar in size to the Rondo or Mazda 5 or maybe the upcoming Ford small 7 seater (can't think of the name it has overseas) with adequate engines( 3 liter or so) power seats Maybe an AWD option and other upscale amenities They would be selling like hotcakes. It just amazes me when companies still pump out the high performance high horsepower overweight venicles (vehicles that many times can only seat 4) and think they will sell in numbers that will keep them financially solvent in this time of rising gas prices and bad economy. I am anxious to see what the Chevy Orlando turns out to be. Talked to several Chevy salespersons and they say "what is the Orlando"???
    from what I've read the Orlando will only be available in Canada and not in the US.

Rondo in Canada had its best month sales in July since last September.
  • 93949394 Member Posts: 74
    >Rondo in Canada had its best month sales in July since last September.

no wonder i'm seeing a lot more Rondo's on the streets lately.
    i noticed more new Hyundai/Kia models are mated with the new 6 speed transmission, my cousin's brand new Santa Fe (3.5 V6) has the same city fuel economy as my 2.4L Rondo, thanks to the 6 speed transmission.

if Rondo gets this 6 speed transmission in 2011, it will have better FE than any other car in the same class.

2016 eSoul - All Electric - Zero Emission
  • fksfks Member Posts: 3
    Is there a 2010 Kia Rondo in for the U.S.A. market? or not?
    If so, where can I find some pricing information?
    the 2011 Rondo still has the same transmission as the 2010 model. 4 spd auto for the 2.4L and 5 spd auto for the 2.7L V6.
    (U.S.A. Market) Is there a 2010 Kia Rondo in for the U.S.A. market? or not?
    If so, where can I find some pricing information?
    from what I've read there was very few 2010 models in the US, probably some 2009 models left. You would have to contact Kia US to see if they can check the inventories of their dealers for available stock, or you could email all dealers within range of your location for availability.
    You will get substantial discount on the unit which you can check out at http://www.kia.com/#/rondo/offers/
    Is there invoice pricing information on Edmunds.com or other sites for the USA 2010 Kia Rondo?
    http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2009-kia-rondo.htm

the 2010 model maybe $200- $300 more, but if you are after a 2010, see if you can find it first. You can do your research on the web to locate this info too.
This discussion has been closed.