Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2005 Sienna NAV system

pcs2009pcs2009 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Toyota
Hi - My NAV system software is out of date and I need to update. From reading on this forum it seems like to update the software would be over $200 if I get from Toyota Dealer...

I would appreciate your thoughts on any alternatives. I would even buy a Garmin NAV system and mount on my dash if it were as good as the 2005 system and updates were cheaper.

Pete
South Carolina

Comments

• wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    A current Garmin will prove to be head and shoulders above your '05 system, most likely even better than a captive nav system fresh off the 2010 "line".
  • pcs2009pcs2009 Member Posts: 2
    What Garmin model would you recommend?
    The Nuvi 265WT looks great and seems to be one of the most popular models.

Thanks for the reply,
    Pete
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I have a 260w and I'm happy with it. I own 3 Garmins currently and it's the best of the 3. Costco has it for $149? I forget exactly. So cheap!

The 265wt adds FM traffic and Bluetooth to what mine has. I think it was $199 or so.

The best I've seen, though, is the 1490T model, which has the 5" screen. Buy a vent mount and that'll be as big as stock, since it'll be closer to your fingers/eyes. It's new so it's near $500 but an excellent unit.
This discussion has been closed.