Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 and Earlier GMC Terrain Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi psywzrd. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GMC Acadia SLT-2 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.3% and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • psywzrdpsywzrd Member Posts: 35
    Car_man:

Can you please post the April lease rates (MF and residual) for an SLT-2 on both a 36-month lease and a 39-month lease (both at 12,000 miles per year)?
    I'd be happy to psywzrd. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.15% and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.15% and 47%, respectively.

When negotiating our deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • atc8524atc8524 Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man

I'm interested in leasing a SLT-2 window sticker of 32,795. I have a trade in that I'm "upside down" on by 4,000-5,000 depending on what they will give me. Anyway I wanted to keep my payment down to mid 400's with 1,000-1,500 down. Do you think that is even possible?? Or I am just wasting my time? I know they want to give me the least amount possible from my car and this add a wrench into my ability to negotiate on the terrain. Thanks for your help!!

ATC8524
    Hi atc8524. I have a feeling that your target payment is a target payment is a little optimistic. At dealer invoice minus incentives, you're looking at a payment of around $430 without any negative equity. Adding $5,000 in negative equity to that would increase the monthly payment by $150 per month. And we haven't added sales tax yet.

Car_man
    Host
  • jaffmanjaffman Member Posts: 51
    wondering what kind of lease deals anyone is getting out there, especially in/near ny, for slt-2 2011, 36month lease or so, ?

is it realistic to try to negotiate an slt-2 2011 10kmiles/yr 36month, zero down, all costs into monthly payments for less than 500/month?

thank you for any help.
  • jerzeyjerzey Member Posts: 2
    What sort of payment can I expect for a 36 month lease with 12k miles a year? What is the current money factor and residual GMC is offering on the terrain?
  • driversedgedriversedge Member Posts: 36
    Car_man, could you kindly provide the residual and money factor for the Terrain on a 36/15k? Are there any current incentives for September? All the best to you!
    Hi jerzey. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 GMC Terrain SLE1 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.15% and 53%, respectively.

As you can see, Ally publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

General Motors is not providing lease support on the 2011 version of this truck any longer.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks driversedge. Please see my previous post for an idea of what this truck's current lease program is like.

I don't believe that General Motors is currently providing any cash incentives on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • STOECKSTOECK Member Posts: 3
    Car-Man,

Can you please tell me the lease rate and residual on a SLT-1 for a 36 month and 39 month lease?

Thanks!
  • artsy0524artsy0524 Member Posts: 3
    $1000.00 GM rebate available for those of us who currently lease a NON-GM vehicle in household! Proof of existing lease is required. whooohoooo! -
    Hey STOECK. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Terrain SLT-1 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.1% and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 2.1% and 46%.

General Motors is currently providing a $475 cash incentive plus the waiver of the first month's payment on 36- to 39-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • jbrown22jbrown22 Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to lease or buy a 2012 Terrain and need to keep my payment under or around $500/month. I am more specifically interested in the AWD SLT-1 or SLT-2. I prefer to put nothing down or $500 at most. I've been looking at the 39 month leases with the low mileage option. I have never leased or bought a new car and I'm afraid that I'm so clueless that I'm going to be duped. Am I realistic to think I can do either for under $500?
    Hi jbrown22. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

I would be happy to give you an idea of how much the exact truck that you are interested in will cost to lease, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and dealer invoice price.

Car_man
    Host
  • e2p219e2p219 Member Posts: 1
    Anybody have the latest residual value and money factor for a 2012 SLE-2? This would be in Ohio if it makes a difference. Also is there still any sort of deal for households that hold a lease for a non GM car?

Thanks.
    Yes, e2p219, General Motors is currently providing a special $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2012 GMC Terrain to consumers who are currently leasing a non-GM product.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Terrain SLE2 AWD with 15,000 mile per year are 1.08% and 49%, respectively.

As you can see, Ally publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. you can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

In addition to the competitive lease incentive, GM is providing a $1,300 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • sparty616sparty616 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Could you post the latest lease rate and residual for a 2012 Terrain SLE-2 FWD, 39 Month Lease, 15K miles per year?

Also, could you post any current incentives that you see are available? I thought I saw that there was a $2,000 incentive from manufacturer to customer if they had a competitor lease. Is this true? Also, do you know any others?

Appreciate your help.
    I'd be happy to help you out sparty616. Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 GMC Terrain SLE2 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.2% and 45%, respectively.

I believe that GM is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck to consumers who are currently leasing a competitive vehicle. In addition to that incentive, General Motors is currently providing a $2,200 cash incentive on 39-month leases of non-V6 versions of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • billygrace1billygrace1 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

What would be a good lease price on a 2012 GMC terrain fwd non 4 cyl with an msrp of about $28,464? I'm thinking 39 month 15k miles.I would pay $500 for a down payment. Thanks for your help.

-Billy
    Hi Billy. This truck's lease payment will depend upon what sort of discount you are able to negotiate on it. For now I will assume that you are being given a $750 dealer discount on top of the $2,625 cash incentive that GM is providing on non-4-cylinder Terrains leased through Ally for 39 months.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 GMC Terrain V6 FWD that has an MSRP of $28,464 and a selling price of 25,089 through Ally right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $338.

Car_man
    Host
  • the412the412 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2012
    Hi, can you please give me the money factor and residual on a 4 cylinder, AWD SLE-2. 39 months, 12,000 miles? Thanks!
    Hi the412. Through today, July 2nd, Ally's base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 GMC Terrain SLE2 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 49%, respectively.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,125 cash incentive on 39-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • skornskorn Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2012
    Hi, can you please give me the money factor and residual on a 2013 Terrain 4 cylinder, AWD SLT-1. 36 months, 12,000 miles? Thanks!
    Here you go skorn.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GMC Terrain AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 60%.

General Motors is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • nysmilez1nysmilez1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello :) I am looking for the mf and residual for GMC Terrain 4cyl AWD SLE2 36 month 12000 miles with moonroof and heated cloth seats. Are there any deals or incentives? Thank you:)
  • nlh2osnlh2os Member Posts: 3
    Is the $750 incentive mentioned in post #76 still offered? If so, will it work for a 39 month lease? How about on a FWD Denali? Are there any more incentives expected? Anyone have a crystal ball? :-) Thanks!
    Greetings nysmilez1. Ally's November base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GMC Terrain AWD SLE2 with 12,000 miles per year are 2.14% and 60%.

As far as cash incentives go, GM is currently providing $1,000 on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nlh2os. There's a $1,000 cash incentive on 39-month leases of the '13 Terrain through Ally.

My crystal ball is in the shop ;), but if I had to make an educated guess I'd say that the Terrain's incentives will remain basically the same through the end of the year. General Motors' current programs are scheduled to continue through January 2nd. Of course, the possibility always exists that they would make an unscheduled revision.

Car_man
    Host
  • stevep5stevep5 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

I'm interested in leasing a 2013 GMC Terrain AWD SLE-2.
    Do you know the January money factor and residuals for a 24 & 36 month lease.
    Any difference for 10,000 or 12,000 miles?

Also, is GM or Ally offering any cash incentives at this time?

Thanks.
  • augusto2012augusto2012 Member Posts: 1
    Hi car_man,
    I would also like to know the GMC Terrain January residual and money factors for 24 and 36 months, 12,000 miles.
    And, are there any additional Ally/GM incentives?
    Thank You.
    Augusto
  • beancounternybeancounterny Member Posts: 22
    Hi car_man, thinking of potentially a terrain Denali, can you tell me the January money factor and residuals for 24 and 36 months, 12k miles on the 2013 terrain Denali? Thanks for your help!
  • 83scram83scram Member Posts: 2
    Last week saw the offer of 2995 down for 199 month. This weekend I saw 2595 down for 199 a month. Why the difference? I guess I am going to hit the dealership up for the difference tomorrow. Also why/how does Ally add 2500 to the residual to buy at lease end? I asked if that was negotiable and the finance manager said no. Is there any worth to purchasing the Ally Smart Leae Protection Plan for 600.

Thanks
    Here you go stevep5. Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 GMC Terrain AWD SLE-2 with 12,000 miles per year are 3.84% and 71%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 2.14% and 60%.

GM is providing a $1,100 cash incentive on 24- and $1,650 on 36-month leases of this truck through Ally.

This truck's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Augusto. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey beancounterny. The lease program for the Denali trim level is exactly the same as the program info that I posted above.

Car_man
    Host
  • stevep5stevep5 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you Car_man. I also have a $2,000 GM card bonus reward, so I should be able to get a very good deal on a lease.
  • fatofato Member Posts: 3
    It's GMC's smallest vehicle, and it effectively replaced the old Envoy SUV. With the Terrain, GMC has taken on some of the best-selling compact and mid-size crossovers, seeking customers that want a fuel-efficient alternative to traditional truck-like SUVs.
  • rcf2129fanrcf2129fan Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

Considering 36 months 12k per year lease on SLT1 w/ V6, sunroof, 18 inch wheels & power liftgate MSRP 33,700 dealer quote price of 31,705 $500 down with $379 per month

How does this sound?
  • 83scram83scram Member Posts: 2
    Fyi....We leased the 13 terrain for 233 a month about 3weeks ago and just got called back to the dealership because Ally dropped the 2500.00 residual fee. That was nice.
  • mbmanhmbmanh Member Posts: 1
    Car Man, do you know the February rates and residual for 10K miles on the 39 month lease they are now advertising. Also, based on what I am reading, should I be asking if there is a difference in the Ally lease vs. US Bank? Dealer is quoting US Bank now. Thanks.
    You're very welcome stevep5.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rcf2129fan. After figuring in the $1,650 cash incentive that is currently available on 36-month leases of this truck, you are being given a $1,830 dealer discount. That probably puts you at right around dealer invoice, which is a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mbmanh. Ally's February base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 GMC Terrain with 10,000 miles per year are 2.14% and 59%.

The lease rate for a deal through US Bank would be slightly lower at 2.04%.

There is a $1,650 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • egret33egret33 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man, Can you please post May residual, rate, acquisition fee and lease incentives for '13 Denali FWD V6? 12k miles and 36mos..also 10k miles. Getting variations in quotes in TX. thanks!
    Absolutely egret33. Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GMC Terrain Denali FWD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.14% and 60%.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

General Motors is currently providing a $1,650 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this truck. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • mratymraty Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man,
    Can you please post the June numbers for a 2013 Terrain Denali FWD V6? Looking at 36months x 12k miles.
    Certainly mraty. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GMC Terrain Denali FWD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.14% and 60%.

General Motors is currently providing a $1,650 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this truck. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • azaniolazaniol Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man

Looking to lease SLT 1 for 39 months at 12k miles/yr. With 2000 down, they are saying my payments will be $250/month (taxes included). How does this deal sound?
  • mrmark77mrmark77 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

Do you have the JULY Lease Rates for 2013 Terrain Denali AWD? If so, are they different for an SLT2? Lastly, I need 15,000 miles a year, what will that do?

Thanks car_man!
This discussion has been closed.