Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2000 Honda Odyssey Won't Start after Short Trip

bcaruthersbcaruthers Member Posts: 1
Has anyone had trouble with a 2000 Honda Odyssey intermittently not starting after a short trip of 2 or 3 miles and the engine being off for 2 to 5 minutes? The car can be jump started but the dealer can find no problems with battery or alternator. The car has over 100,000 miles and this problem has just started.

Comments

• sengssengs Member Posts: 1
    I also have very similar problem. My car also ran over 1,17,500 miles. Dealer says no problem. I do not know what to do?? I do not want to take a chance in this heavy Winter. please advise.

Thanks
    Sengs
  • dbedsondbedson Member Posts: 1
    Just had same problem yesterday and check engine light came on after my wife got it started with a struggle in a local shopping mall. Drove home, had to go out again and it would not start. Checked it out about 3 hours later and started like a champ. Check engine light is still on. 223000 miles. Will let you know if I find when I have the check engine light scanned.
  • rodman6rodman6 Member Posts: 1
    I too have had issues as of late with our 2000 Honda Odyessey. When we stop for gas, the vehicle won't restart unles we "patiently" wait 10+ minutes. Honda dealer says nothing is wrong, as they can't find any issues. Can anyone aid me?

Thanks
  • pickens77pickens77 Member Posts: 1
    My 2000 Honda Odyssey with 100,000 miles has also had this problem. I noticed that when I twisted the key too quickly the car goes dead for a short period of time. Then, after I open and close the door a few times, it comes back. I need to reset the radio and clock. I'm guessing that if I turn the ignition key slowly, this problem may not occur.