Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Fiat 500

hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
edited May 2014 in FIAT
The announcements that Sergio Marchionne and his executive team made on November 5th suggest that Fiat will introduce its 500 model in the U.S. market in the latter part of 2010, as a 2011 model. It will not be rebadged as a Chrysler, as was previously speculated. However, it will be be sold in Chrysler showrooms, by specially trained sales people, perhaps in a similar manner as Toyota sells the Scion brand.

The Fiat 500 will be a MINI fighter, but it will probably be priced lower than the MINI. I imagine that Fiat's ambitions go well beyond winning over MINI buyers, to expanding the market for this niche of car in the U.S. The 500 will also compete with the Scion iQ, Chevy Spark, Smart Car, and others.

Much has been written in the press about the 500. For example, there will be a performance oriented Abarth version, to battle the MINI Cooper S, and versions for those looking for high fuel economy. Based on the limited information you now have, and assuming you'd even consider a car this small, would you consider buying a Fiat 500? What if one engine option were a diesel version? Which car appeals to you more, the 500 or the MINI?

Comments

• nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    but the Abarth model also interests me. Kinda opposite ends of the spectrum. Looks like I need two! :-)

Elsewhere folks are saying they expect this model to have a Chrysler badge, so the word hasn't gotten out that it will be a Fiat in the States. I'm glad it won't be a Chrysler.

As for the competition, the new Fiesta will be pretty small and should have a sport trim too, so there is additional competition you didn't mention. And what about the oft-promised arrival of the VW Polo?

It's hard to choose between the Mini and the 500. As much as I love the look of the 500, the Mini is even better-looking IMO.

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

• hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    I think the Fiesta and the Polo are one class larger than the 500. Their back seats are more useable.
  • nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    Yes, but I think most Americans tend to lump everything subcompact and smaller into one big group when they think of them. The Smart car is said to be in a class of one, for instance, but it really competes with other "premium" small cars like the Mini.

The 500, given its shape, may find its strongest competition in the VW Beetle, although that model hasn't been selling well lately.

The problem is "Fix It Again Tony" has such a memorable ring to it, people may stay away from the 500 because of fears of unreliability, unfair given that the rep of unreliable was earned by Fiats from 30 years ago.

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

Yeah, I agree with all the points you made.

I was trying to think of the Ford model that is the most direct competitor to the Fiat 500, when earlier today I read that Ford has decided not to sell the Ka and the Ranger in the U.S. Ding, ding, that's it, the Ka. In fact, the 500 and the Ka share the same platform, but they look very different.

Actually, the 500 may compete with the Beetle, but it won't be the current generation Beetle. I read that the next generation Beetle will be downsized, and possibly be offered with a 2 and/ or 3 cylinder engine, in addition to a 4. I don't recall where I read that. Therefore, I have no idea of how reliable the source was, but I read about the down-sizing in more than one place.

I think the Fiat 500 is offered in a 2 cylinder version in some markets.
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    The Fiat 500 will more likely compete with the BMW Mini. The plant that builds the Mini in the U.K. is running at full production which suggests that there is a potential market available for an upscale subcompact. I think in the U.S.-Canadian market Fiat/Chrysler wants to move upscale anyway. Outside of the U.S.-Canadian market I can see this car being sold much further downscale. Since the car is going to be built in Mexico, this car will likely be sold in both North and South America.
    Fiat will introduce a new 2 cylinder "MultiAir" engine for its smallest cars that'll produce up to 120 hp. It'll be displayed at the Geneva Auto Show. I wonder whether a version of this new engine will be available for the 500 model that's coming here.
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    edited April 2011
    "The all-new 2012 Fiat 500 ushers in the return of the Fiat brand to North America." Edmunds says it promises character and personalization in a decent price category, but offers this caveat: "Italian cars are not known for their reliability, and neither are Chryslers."

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    I thought my wife would be interested in a Fiat 500. She saw the tv commercial the other day and wanted to know if she would have to go to clown college before being allowed to drive one..............
  • perry99perry99 Member Posts: 43
    I test drove a Fiat 500 Lounge a few days ago and these are my thoughts/comments:

* It's just as cute in person as it is in photos [for those of you turned off by "cute" how about "unique looking"?]
    * Fit and finish looked really good, except that on one of the model cars in the showroom, the front right seat wouldn't go back.
    * I'm 5'10" and with the sunroof I had only about an inch or two headroom. The seat has an up/down adjustment, though, that I neglected to try out.
    * Back seat is best for children, but would be okay for 1 adult if they sat sideways. The dealer rep was squeezed in the back with the passenger seat moved forward (which, by the way, still had enough leg room for the front seat passenger)
    * Controls are all clear and in easy to reach.
    * Front viability is excellent, except that the A pillars (the front end corners) are rather thick and block some of your view when turning. Rear viability was okay.
    * Seating is rather high for a small car so that helps with the viability.
    * Feels very stable and handles very well, not at all how you'd expect for a car this size and price point. Drove on straight roads as well as long, curvy ones and the car felt solid and composed throughout.
    * Power was adequate. On flat roads and small hills acceleration was decent, but couldn't really call it sporty. I drove an automatic. Probably would feel more peppy with a standard transmission.
  • trentntrentn Member Posts: 2
    The Fiat and mini have some close similarities however, the Mini may have more pick up and horsepower as well as a wider stance, the Fiat 500 has more storage/cargo space and is rated higher on safety as well as on gas milage. It also is cheaper than the Mini and provides a quiet ride that is also fun to drive just about anywhere. If I had to choose it would definitely be the Fiat because of the overall ratings and set up of the cars themselves as well as the cost and technology it has over it's competitiors. Standard with options such as bluetooth, mp3/USB inputs, ESC, 5 cupholders, bose sound system and reactive head restraints and 7 airbags it is unsurpassed by any of its competition. most of these options are available in other models and brands but cost more to get.
  • websmackwebsmack Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2012
    Hello, I've had my 500 for about three weeks now. I've had a chance to use Ecodrive, the software that compiles and analyzes data from my driving. Categories are: Acceleration, Deceleration, Gear Shift, Speed. And it takes about one full week of driving then makes recommendations on how to get better performance in those four categories.

Having driven manual transmissions, including 18-wheelers, I enjoy seeing the ratings Ecodrive provides. I'm doing well in all but one category, Acceleration, and wanted to share what I found about that.

I consistently do poorly in this category and set about finding what the cause might be. Thru test drives that I consider to have driven 'perfectly' as I can in an area with no hills or embankments I still have an abyssmal one-star rating. That means I output more CO2 than a small country, lol. Whatever.

I came across one tiny document that was stuck to the window of my new FIAT (yes all caps because there is no 'Mr. Fiat', FIAT is an acyronym) which shows a CO2 rating of two-stars, from the federal government. That explains a lot. It tells me, no matter how I drive that my FIAT is not capable of better than two-stars.

So fellow Cinquecento (that's Italian for "500") owners two-stars means our lovable little car is not 'green'. No matter, my 500 is sweet, cute, cuddly..... and gets 39.8 mpg on I95 and 36.9 during my urban commute.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to talk with new owners of micro or subcompact cars (i.e. Chevy Spark, Scion iQ, Honda Fit, Mazda 2, Fiat 500, etc.) to learn how the experience has changed how they think about what they need in a car, and how they use their cars. If you fit this description, please respond to pr@edmunds.com with your preferred contact information by Friday, October 19, 2012.
  • johnconanjohnconan Member Posts: 1
    If you are planning on buying a Fiat for travelling across North America economically you had better think again!
    There are very few places you can take it to if anything needs to be repaired. I purchased mine in Burlington ,Ontario ( southern Ontario) and was told my wife and I could travel across the continent, but; when it needed to be repaired I was not able to get anyone that could fix it because I was not able to bring it into Johnston motors in Burlington. So if you do buy one of these cars ,do not go far from home with it!!!
    If you would like more info on the Fiat 500 you may contact me at "LikeASeagull@hotmail.com" and I will call you and tell you all about my experience with more indepth information.
    John Paul C. Jackson
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    What??

I think the dealer was blowing smoke up your [non-permissible content removed]. You can take it to any Fiat dealer in North America. Heck, even a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/SRT/RAM dealer could probably work on it.

I'd like to know more here on the forum. Doing it via e-mail doesn't do any good.

Or you're trolling for e-mail addresses to spam.
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    johnconan, that sounds strange -- can you post the whole story? You'll get a lot more feedback by posting the details here instead of taking it to email (by the way, not a good idea to post your contact info in a public forum).

ClaireS, Host
    Automotive News & Views | Coupes & Convertibles

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

edited October 2012
    johnconnan, repairs on a brand new car? Your comment is vague, please provide details. Thanks.
    2012 is their first year model and the 2013's are out too.

I'd really like to start a tradition, have a rally to share our spirit for the Cinquecento.

If you're interested please post a message. There is a fiat forum too, will try to post information there as it comes available.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter would like to speak to a new Fiat 500 owner. If you have purchased a Fiat 500 in the last 6 months and would like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, Feb 8, 2013 at noon PT/3 p.m. ET.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• bwaabwaa Member Posts: 13
    I've seen them on the road, and they look about the same size. Are they?
  • kreuzerkreuzer Member Posts: 131
    I was wanting feedback for anyone who owns the 500 to see how you feel about carrying passengers in the back. What do you think about the safety that your car gives you and your passengers? I really like them, but just not sure about their size and safety, especially for the backseat passengers. Would like to hear from anyone who owns these cars.
    Thanks.
    Only small children can fit in the back and pets. Adults can not sit back there, not even small adults. And if you do have children or pets they will tear up the interior of this car because it's cheaply made, scratches so easily that you have to be careful with umbrella's and key marks and shoe scuffs. It's 100% cheap plastic that's cute and stylish but not durable. I've owned mine since Sept 2012 and I have to work very hard to keep it looking good, inside and out, that's just one person - I can't imagine trying to keep it new looking with passengers, human or otherwise. And if you put enough weight in it that will challenge the underpowered 101 hp engine even more.
    edited May 2013
    There are lots of differences good and bad, check out the comparison at Car & Driver http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2012-fiat-500-sport-vs-2011-mini-cooper-- comparison-test I didn't even have to test drive the Mini Cooper because I fell in love with the FIAT 500 Sport the second I got in the driver seat. The honeymoon is over and I can see the faults of my FIAT, still I love love love it.
    Thanks websmack for your reply.
  • andyinatlandyinatl Member Posts: 2
    I have had my 2012 Fiat 500 Pop since May of 2012. I have 11 year old and 6 year old and when the road trip comes up, they both want to ride in 500 rather than my wife's Volvo wagon. So far i've taken my family of 4 in the Fiat 500 on road trips from Atlanta to Myrtle Beach (6 hour drive) and Jupiter, FL (9 hour drive). Both times after we got to the destination, all of us were no more tired than after riding in Volvo wagon; the seats in Fiat 500 are super comfortable. Yes Volvo has more space inside, and is more comfortable due to having smoother ride, but Fiat is plenty comfortable. And it gets easy 39-40mpg going 75 mph. Not ONCE have my kids complained from back seat about lack of space, and looking over there, i could see plenty of legroom left for them.

As disclosure, i'm 6 feet, 185 pounds, my wife is 5'5" 135 pounds, and 2 kids average for their age.

Powerwise, the engine is not very powerful, but if you get manual transmission, it's really not too bad. It's 0-60 acceleration (whaterver that proves) is better than Toyota Prius, yet you don't hear many people complaining that Prius can't get out of its own way.
    Thanks for your opinion andyinatl, appreciate your feedback!
  • ks55ks55 Member Posts: 8
    The problem is "Fix It Again Tony" has such a memorable ring to it, people may stay away from the 500 because of fears of unreliability, unfair given that the rep of unreliable was earned by Fiats from 30 years ago.

Anyone who bases there opinion on something from 30 yrs. ago is an idiot. Have not read or heard of any reliability problems ....and believe me I have been looking as I am considering one of these. ( an :shades: ABARTH)
    edited August 2013
    I've driven my 2013 500 4,000 miles, and I'm very pleased with the way it drives and rides. It's fun, well equipped, very maneuverable, gets excellent fuel economy and has a 1/3 longer warranty than most competing models in its class. It also cruises surprisingly well on the highway, and it feels solid.

No problems to date.

Minor quibble: The sun visors are too small, but that can probably be addressed with extenders
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    The only issue I had when driving across Alligator Alley was when the rains came, the thing started to hydroplane at 70 so I immediately let off the gas and things calmed down a bit. Still, there was that brief moment there where it skidded a tiny bit which left me somewhat scared...have never had the same thing happen with my Civic, which is just a more planted vehicle to drive hands down. For this reason alone, I would never buy or drive a Fiat but at work, I usually have some choice on what I get to drive except when the boss hands us keys...most times the vehicles are lined up and we just walk over and pick one. I usually glance real quick at the selection and go towards one but there are a couple of others who tend to move a bit faster than I so I have to change my preference pretty quick sometimes after they've chosen their rides. I've only had a few bad vehicles, especially the Dodge dart without cruise...we were going to Orlando and this puppy didn't have it which wasn't good. On the shorter Lauderdale to Miami or Miami to West Palm runs, having no cruise isn't a big deal but on the longer ones, I need cruise due to my spinal issues. I'm in hog heaven if I can snag a power seated vehicle and am off the charts when I get one with SAT radio but that doesn't happen often!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

edited August 2013
    Hey, Sept 18 is my one anniversary. Today I ran a 330 mile roundtrip along I-85 and averaged 41.9 hwy. That's awesome because my February roundtrip (2000 miles and lots of stops) only averaged 39, but different terrain and a lot of rain too. You know, I bought Mopar oil filters and found a local shop that charges me $36 and includes a wash lol. Compare that with the FIAT dealership 120 miles -Rountrip- and they will not do the service in under 3 hours, soooooooo.... won't be going back. I'm in the groove of changing oil and rotating tires every 4000. I had the first alignment too at 14K, it was $200 -a ripoff- but it's done and I'll find someone else for the next alignment. I switched from nitrogen to air, PSI as recommended old pressure. All of that has gotten me 41.9 :) The car is holding up well, gets a weekly express wash and hand wax monthly with Turtle Wax. Oh by the way, TomTom Blue&Me is having an issue locating a signal, takes a long time, though I update it weekly with GPSFIX. Today I got halfway to Charlotte and TomTom decided he didn't want to do his job *sigh*. Ahhh, this update is boring, no? lol well that's a good thing :) Hope ya'll enjoy your FIAT adventures as much as I am!
    A you may know, cruise control is standard on the base Pop model, as are other nice features, such as leather wrapped steering wheel.
    No, had no idea but besides hydroplaning a bit in the rain, it wasn't that bad of a vehicle truth be told. And as a commuter vehicle, it does fit the bill nicely as it does have that coolness vibe going on...sorta like a Mini for those on a limited budget. For my next vehicle, part of me wants to stay with a reliable foreign compact but the other part wants a smallish "cool" vehicle so when the time comes, I plan to test a full range of things just to make sure I hit all the bases and get the perfect vehicle. I might have to pay a little more than I'd like and also give up a little in mileage but am determined to choose the coolest vehicle for me! Logic be damned!!

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Which would be the nearest to a perfect vehicle for you, at an acceptable price, if you were to buy one today?
    The MINI is faster and more expensive than the 500, model for model. The Fiat is cheaper to buy and maintain, gets better fuel economy, rides better, and has higher seating.

Both have attention-getting looks.

I cross shopped the MINI and the 500 earlier this year, and it was close to a toss-up for me. As you may know from an earlier post, I ended up buying a 500 and I'm very happy it; not one problem after 6,000 miles. I'm sure I'd love the MINI too, but I had to choose.

Did you or are you cross-shopping the Fiat and MINI?
    At this point am doing nothing as we need to get the wife a vehicle first and am hoping that the last week of this year will be that time. Right now with just shy of 122k on the clock, things are working and the a/c problem isn't getting worse. Depending on problems and her trust in the vehicle will really decide when we cut the Mazda from the herd. She might even decide to keep it for as long as possible which is her choice since she will be fittin' the bill. Personally, I'd cut it soon before any new issues crop up...feel we've gotten great service out of it and I really don't want her to be forced into purchasing in a hurry in the event something major happens. To pay for a major repair and then turn around and dump the vehicle is bat [non-permissible content removed] crazy to me so my solution is to swap it out while it's all good so avoiding any drama. Under duress, folks tend to make bad and sometimes costly mistakes just to "get something" and I don't work that way.

With my personal vehicle, it's running great and just moved over the 43k mark but if something comes along that really gets me super excited, I might just decide to pounce even though it's totally out of character. But since I've retired and had some major health issues, I've changed my outlook on life and have become a bit more flexible on many things where I tended to be rigid before. I've learned to "never say never" and "that life can change in an instant". My new mantra is..."anything is possible"!

The Sandman

edited August 2013
    I'm sorry about your health issues. From your earlier post I got the impression that you've driven a lot of different cars.

I agree with your philosophy on life.
    edited August 2013
    Why is the Fiat 500 discussion in the "coupes" section when it's a hatchback?
    edited August 2013
    The reason I drive a lot of different iron is because of my part time job...we move rental vehicles around the state of Florida. How busy we are depends on what time of year it is and the travel industry, a kind of feast or famine job. I heard that Last fall was quite busy with December being absolutely crazy. January through April was busy and then after that, things slacked off a bit and July was pretty dismal. August hasn't been that much better so we're all hoping that after Labor Day things will pick up. For a person like myself whose passion is the automobile, this job is a G-d send and I work whenever they call me to. I'm kinda like my bosses "go to guy"...he calls and I come no matter what time or day. I like the flexibility and work as much as I can though there are about 14 folks in our crew...he does his best to keep things pretty even which we all appreciate!

The Sandman

It sounds like a great job.

Incidentally, my 500 has the 5-speed manual. I imagine the rentals are all automatic, which changes the character of the car, fuel economy and performance.
    Yep, all slush boxes so far but they are equipped pretty nicely. If I needed an around town commuter, this would be a good choice and I do like the new "L" model...perhaps it'll drive a bit more planted to the ground. An old friend got her Mini last week and I was smitten the minute I saw it and said to myself...you could do this! For some reason, that vehicle is just calling me like no other one before...it's weird but I really want one. My daughter wanted to get one but we only had limited funds for her so we got her an economical vehicle as her 1st one. I've been doing economobiles my whole life but now am ready for some more lux...and I deserve it to!

The Sandman

I also really like the basic MINI Cooper, with a limited number of options. It's the only MINI that you can order without run-flat tires, and the power would be sufficient for me. What concerns me about MINIs, though, is their reputation for high maintenance and not very good reliability.

I don't have an opinion on the 500L yet, as I haven't even seen one on the road. Please give us feedback if you test drive one.
  • cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    Have been looking at this for an around town car, maybe short trips into the country. So far I'm impressed enough to pull the trigger on one. Will take a test run tomorrow.
    edited October 2013
    Hey this ain't bad. Had a good test drive, salesman let me take car for a day. All in all I'd say it's just fine for banging around town and short trips. Wife really likes it..

Odds are I'll buy one. After looking at all the other little cars this one fits me the best. At 6-1 and 240 my legs tend to get all wound up in the dash/steering wheel but not with this car.

Salesman was pretty open with me about problems with 2012 models, which I knew about.
    It's good for longer trips too. We took our POP (5-speed manual) on a one week, 1,100 mile vacation in August, and it drove and rode just fine on the highway. Acceleration isn't quick, but adequate, and it cruised nicely at 70-80 MPH over long stretches. Ours has averaged 41.5 MPG on premium over the 7,800 miles we've driven it, but I'm a relaxed driver.

The only small problem we've had is the seat belt buzzer on the passenger side was overly sensitive. It went off if the passenger moved a little, such as to pick something up from the floor. The dealer fixed it under warranty by replacing the sensor. No other issues.

We have 3 cars, and we're very happy with our 500.
    Hey that's great to hear. We have hi hopes and of course only TWT. It won't be a hi mileage vehicle, likely lucky if it sees 7,500 miles a year.

We're going to take delivery tomorrow on a 2013 Pop W/Auto.
    Congrats on your new vehicle...they are cute little things. I have driven a few and while they drive nice enough on dry pavement, too squirrely for me when it rains...it hydroplaned almost immediately which was a bit unnerving to say the least. I just lifted off the accelerator and it quieted down pretty quick but learned to keep the speed down if there is any rain. It was comfortable enough and the head room was very good. Everything was where it should be but personally, this puppy yells "cheap"...our Accent though not as "cute" has better ergonomics and materials for a lower price and in the rain it doesn't do anything unusual except keep it tires firmly planted on the road. As an around town runabout, the Fiat will be fun but I would not get one for interstate travel. I'd rather have a Mini Cooper which is on my relatively small short list for a replacement vehicle for myself...I would not even consider the Fiat unless it was the larger model for the added weight.
    Again, enjoy your new ride and I wish you many thousand happy and safe miles in it!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

Well, all I can say is the wife fell in love with it. Was supposed to be my beat around town car but not any more. Guess I don't really care though. She's happy so as the old saying goes everyone's happy.
  • kdcarquestionskdcarquestions Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I'm in the market for either a new or used very small car. After internet research, I've narrowed it down to either a Fiat 500 sport hatchback or a Honda CR-Z.

I live in the northern outskirts of metro Atlanta, and I think the closest Fiat dealer is over an hour away. How inconvenient is it going to be to get a Fiat worked on for routine maintenance like oil/filter changes? What about if there's something more substantial needs to be done? I tend to not worry about staying with the dealership for this type of thing, so a trusted mechanic is an acceptable option. I'm just concerned since the car is so new to the US that there may not be many mechanics who know the car yet. Also, how difficult is it to get parts? This issue is just one reason the MINI is not in the running anymore.

The Honda wouldn't be a problem, as my previous car (totaled) was a Honda and I have a certified mechanic I trust for those, so this will probably figure into my decision.
    Congratulations! Please give us some feedback on your experience.

By the way, what's TWT?
    I've driven my 500 in the rain and haven't experienced hydroplaning. Also, I've read numerous consumer reviews, and hydroplaning isn't mentioned.
    edited October 2013
    I live in a small town and nearest FIAT dealer is over 1 hour away. The first 9 months I had the car I took it there religiously for tweaking and oil changes. But then I started looking locally. I found a good place for an oil change and brought my MOPAR filters with me. I called ahead to tell them i wanted to see the service manager and I took my cell phone and we watched an oil change video on YOUTUBE together lol, that went well. Then I found an even better place at a major brand car dealership a few miles away. Now I let them do oil changes and tire rotations every 5000 miles. I also took it to a national tire chain for a front end alignment and that went well too. So buy a few MOPAR filters and keep them in the car if you go on trips or travel and you won't have any problem with oil changes and front end alignments. And I recommend the FIAT over any other 'tiny' car. It's the most fun and it'll really make you smile.