Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Transit Connect - Let's hear from the owners

tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,605
edited August 2014 in Ford
Who has one? Do you like it? What do you use it for?

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

Comments

• garandmangarandman Member Posts: 524
    We have had an XLT cargo with 310A package (glass side doors and back window) for two weeks. First tank of gas mixed highway and city was 23.7 mpg. We use it to move equipment that is rather tall but not particularly heavy, and it looks like a great fit for our needs thus far.

Very good handling for such a vehicle - good steering, well controlled ride without being harsh, easy to control even in strong side winds.
  • garandmangarandman Member Posts: 524
    Wow - active forum!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I like 'em - maybe well enough to go test drive one for personal use.

Still liking yours?

Steve, visiting host
  • ziggy1169ziggy1169 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased my XLT Wagon Transit Connect on 4/28/2010 and love to drive it as my odometer now reads a little over 7k miles. I have upgraded the sound system to a full Nav unit with backup camera, rear 6x9 speakers, XM radio with DVD player, head rest video display. The factory wheels have been changed to a EMPI 6 spoke alloy style which gives it a totally different look. I have been looking for aftermarket LED tail lights but none found at this time, also had front head lights changed to HID style bulbs and installed driving/fog lamps for better night visability. Anyone out there who has a resource for aftermarket items for this submini van let me know.

Ziggy1169
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,605
    Any pictures? Sounds interesting...

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• ziggy1169ziggy1169 Member Posts: 2
    Coming soon
  • delmar3904delmar3904 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    I got my Transit Connect in July. It turn a lot of heads when I am at the gas station. Everyone inquire "WHAT IS IT"? After an explanation and an inspection of the Transit, they walk away with only positive comments. I myself just love it. It is good on gas and very low maintenance. It handles well on the highway. It is slow on acceleration with the A/C on. Once on the road it is ok. This is just the type of vehicle I need. The Factory Sound System isn't that good. If I were to change anything on this vehicle, it would be the rear seats. I would move them back just about 3 to 5 inches. That way the rear passengers would get more comfort with leg room. After I brought my Transit Connect, I am seeing more and more of them on the street. It is a very unique vehicle.
This discussion has been closed.