Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru RS 2009 *Australian Model*

imprezaohno09imprezaohno09 Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Subaru
I come to ask World-Wide, I Have just had it into Dealership for ignition problems, subaru Australia states to pull key out of ignition lock car and unlock car and start car, tried this theory on a dealers car because it had the same issue, yet dealers car still played up.

Basically you would go to start the car and it will just flood itself, you would crank to your hearts content, yet no turn over to firing the engine.

Have worked various back door methods, so far the Dealer may have fixed my car but will not say yes or no at the momment until I let the car stand for some hours at work and then go back to it.

Very annoying I thought Subaru had a good name. Also it would not register a error code on the car's computer.

Dealer witnessed me starting the car to ensure I am doing it right, no problems there.
Dealer has not witnessed the error code or the problem.

I intend on taking video footage as proof of evidence work with the dealer for 2 months if no resolution take issue further.

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,793
    I am having a difficult time interpreting your writing, but it looks like you are having a problem with the car flooding when you attempt to start?

To clear a flood, press the accelerator firmly to the floor before attempting to start. The flood should clear within the first 5-6 engine rotations, then it will start to fire. As this happens, remove your foot from the pedal... no need to wait hours!

That said, there is no reason your car should be flooding in the first place.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • imprezaohno09imprezaohno09 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the reply xwesx, the engine is not actually cranking over like it should.

Apparently the fix that Subaru did yesterday could be working for me at the momment, so I am going to have to sit this one out at the momment and say not resolved, but car is still under review and testing.

Just had it for 2 weeks nearly and the problems start, kinda disappointing for a Subaru.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Could it be simpy a weak battery?
    Yes i thought that originally. But now found this.

http://www.scoobymods.com/tsb_15_135_09-t11708.html?s=d73efb4033f56487e115942947- db83c8&s=27982b71c1e08a94ab10e0f212adec63&amp

Still nobody wants to give me a answer on How my car is now cured of the problem.
    I work in tech support, and I can almost always fix the proglem but probably more than half the time I can't explain what happened.
    But is it a "subaru standard" that if no error code exists the problem does not exist?

That's were i am stuck at the momment, still nobody here wants to give me a fair enough answer to what is happening with my vehicle, or is it fixed?

32.5 degrees celsius today, hoping it get's a bit hotter then colder to see if the problem still continues on.
    If unburned fuel makes it past the cylinder and in to the exhaust stream, then a Check-Engine Light should indeed come on - but that may only work if the engine is already running, and it's not.
This discussion has been closed.