Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Buick Regal

Comments

• markjp33markjp33 Member Posts: 12
    Well, I took my Regal to the dealership Thursday morning and I explained after doing some research online, they might want to check out the right front side strut. I rode in the car with the service manager and he too heard the noise while we drove around the parking lot. He said by hearing the noise, he knew what to look for, so I left with a rental and they told me they'd call me when it was done. I received a call Saturday afternoon and they said they replaced the strut, but the noise is still there(ugggh!). She said the tech left for the day and he's going to do some further investigating Monday when he comes in. I said that's no problem since I have a car to drive and I really want this annoying noise to go away and I have no problem waiting. When I hear something back from the dealership(hopefully tomorrow), I will let you know the outcome. Thanks.
  • dave427350dave427350 Member Posts: 6
    Well I had my fingers crossed for you, just because we have the same annoying noise at low speeds in parking lots, small bumps on the street.
    Like I mentioned to the dealer , my old HHR had the same exact noise and it was the front sway bar link joints.

Dave
  • 40yearfan40yearfan Member Posts: 102
    Thanks Caron.

I took it into the dealer and the service manager said he had faced this problem before in the Regal. They took it in, tested it and have ordered a new center speaker. I'm waiting for the part to come in and will update this forum after the work has been completed.
    2015 Buick Encore Leather Edition
    2014 Buick Enclave Premium Edition
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    markjp33,
    Thank you for the update. I look forward to your next update. Please feel free to email me with any other questions concerns or comments.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    I got a call this afternoon from the service manager and he said that after 14 plus hours trying to find the source of the noise, he believes the noise is coming from the strut mount. Like I said earlier, they replaced the strut and that didn't work and after putting what he called electronic ears on to hear exactly where the noise is coming from, that's when he said it's coming from the strut mount. There is one problem though: he said the strut mount is a part that's not available yet. Not sure why, but he did say it may be available as early as the end of this month, so he has one ordered. He said he would give me a call when the part comes in and hopefully, finally, this cures this noise issue.
  • gottwhatgottwhat Member Posts: 4
    Please keep us updated.
    markjp33,
    Please keep me posted on if this works. If it doesn't, I would recommend asking the dealer to involve technical assistance and I would then like to set up a case with GM Customer Assistance. Feel free to email me with any information, questions, comments, or concerns.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • zeenzeen Member Posts: 401
    edited June 2011
    I recently tried to replace the headlight bulbs on my 2011 Regal with a brighter (bluish tint) bulb. The replacement process is very challenging.
    The passenger side is not too bad but the driver's side is basically impossible to do yourself. You need to remove the filler neck of the windshielf fluid reservoir but there is still no room to maneuver your hand to insert and twist the bulb. I gave up.
    Can anyone tell me how I can download music from a flash drive in my USB port to the 10 gb hard drive in my 2011 Buick Regal?
    Never mind. I just figured it out.
  • dave427350dave427350 Member Posts: 6
    Any updates on the right front noise yet?
    My car still has it and nothing?

Dave
    I haven't received any updates. Have you spoke with the dealer? Asked them to involved technical assistance? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    No update yet. The dealer was hoping that the part would be available by June 28th, but I haven't heard anything yet. I'll probably give them a call if I don't hear anything in the next week or two. I'm still putting up with the noise. Thankfully, it's summer and with the windows open and the radio on, I don't really notice it...but, when the windows are closed and the air is on...it's still there, loud and clear!
    markjp33,

I understand. Please keep us posted when you have more information.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • fishin13fishin13 Member Posts: 4
    I looked through a lot of the posts, not all, so i apologize if this is redundant. I am curious if the issue a few seem to keep having on the Regal Turbo and the sounding coming from the right front is with the T07 option with the suspension package or not? I am looking to pick one up, but getting a little scared with the problems I have been seeing on here.
    My Regal is an RL1 and I don't think it has anything to do with the suspension package. I recently took my Regal in for an oil change and they told me the part was still on order and the service manager wasn't sure when it was supposed to be available. He did say another Regal came in for service about a week earlier with the same complaint I had. I believe that there are more out there, some worse than others. I just hope when this part comes in and is replaced, it corrects the problem.
  • savethelandsavetheland Member Posts: 671
    I am looking for the new car and test drove several so called Luxury makes and among them Acura TSX, Infinity G25, BMW 325i, Nissan Maxima and Hyudai Sonata Turbo.

Sonata is a nice car with nice interior for the price but is hardly upscale and refined as other ones. It felt kind of jerky - difficult to modulate power and braking. It makes ride nervous and you get tired quickly, I mean it is does not have natural feel (like BMW e.g.). there is also issues with car wandering on freeway speeds so I have to exclude it from my list.

Still I liked Sonata better than TSX. Acura is the shame. Supposedly sport sedan it turned out to be the worst car I driven in my recent memory. Steering is absolutely numb, suspension is mushy and soft and car in general feels cheap. I do not understand why someone would pay so much money to own one. It is rather Toyota Camry/Avalon type of car than sport sedan - there is nothing sporty about Acura - just opposite.

I liked Infinity G25. It rides well and steering is good. The problem is it is not comfortable for luxury car. Suspension is too stiff and not compliant. Seats are not comfortable - I get tired after driving it for about 15 minutes. And it lacks a lot of features which are standard or optional in other makes. E.g. there there is no option for navigation system or premium audio system available. Premium audio system is the must for me as well as comfort so Infiniti is out.

BMW 325i is very comfortable and perfect in every way and except of iDrive and small size and tunk. I hate iDrive and can image it will be pain to use on everyday basis. The other thing - it is over-engineered and I will use only 50% of its capabilities but pay considerably more than for other cars.

Regal is nice car in German way. Ride is solid and composed, steering is very good. 4-cyl engine I tested does not sound refined and is not adequate. Interior is of high quality and well made but materials are not high end. Seating feels to be to high and upright. I want to test Turbo version and reconsider seating position again to be sure if I really like it. Best interior I tested so far was in BMW.

Maxima is a nice well balanced big car but is not as well made as Regal, interior materials and execution feels subpar. Exterior design is also weird. I cannot imagine owning this car and it is has something common Avalon which disturbs me. I simply want smaller nimbler car.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,085
    Agree with you on Sonata. Many on the net claim it is a "game changer" but as evidence of Hyundai using a couple of PR firms hiring people to generate positive buzz on the net come to light the reality of it being a cheap car is becoming more and more evident. Your conclusion is no surprise.

It sounds as though the TSX has changed because my experience with the original version was quite different from yours. Unfortunate. I have no experience with the Infiniti. The BMW is a good car but troublesome from some reports and has a lot of stuff to go wrong. I-Drive is generally not liked. The Maxima is a big bulky car, I don't dislike it but the car just doesn't grab me either.

I really like the design of the regal and enjoyed my time in it. Steering and handling were excellent. The regular engine was a bit overmatched and I would buy a Turbo model if I was in the market. The problem is that the Lacrosse comes in at the same price and is more car.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• savethelandsavetheland Member Posts: 671
    I tested previous TSX on the track and it was fun to drive it even after driving FWD Audi A4 (which felt heavy and less agile) on the same track. But of course it did not have the refinement and solid feel of Audi. That is why I was so disappointed with new TSX it was like day and night difference with previous model.

I am also concerned about too many issues with German cars which are expensive to fix. People I know who owned German cars say that they will never buy them again. But of course some of them buy again anyway because there some magic in German engineering that nobody else can replicate.

For me - I will commute every day and my livelihood will depend on car so I cannot afford having it sit in dealership too often. On the other hand Regal is also German engineered car and very affordable and it has that Geman magic about it. Saturn Aura did not, but Regal is better engineered to compete in premium segment. Of course dependability of Regal is unknown which makes me little nervous about it since it is still German car and many things may go wrong. With Ford or Lincoln I am pretty sure I will not have any issues for 200K miles. But both Fusion and MKZ look outdated but still better choice than TSX.

There is also new Malibu coming which is similar to Regal but is even more affordable. I do not see how you can buy Acura or Lexus if there are so many better cars available for less or same money.
    edited August 2011
    I am pondering a trade now because year-end incentives are good and the Regal Turbo is on my list. Problem is there is very limited selection available locally. I would love to find a Espresso Brown or Majestic Blue turbo with cashmere interior but no dice unless a dealer trade from long distance is made. Closest I can find is Summit White with cashmere inside and even that is 200 miles away; everything else locally is black with black interior which I do not want. Wish they made a light gray interior for the Regal as they look very good in Cyber (or Granite) Gray.

Regals in the pipeline right now are pretty much all made in Germany but engine and transmission is the same as used in other GM cars so I would not be overly concerned. They seem to be doing the world car thing pretty well.

The new Malibu intrigues me and so does the Verano. The Malibu interior is said to be improved over the existing model but I am not so sure from the pics. I suspect I will wait until this time next year and see what is available then.

I am happy to reply that the noise problem coming from the right front is gone! I got a call last week from the dealership and they said they got the part(strut mount) in, and I took it in yesterday for the repair. I couldn't be happier because I thought is was a noise I would have to live with for as long as I had the car. I would suggest anyone that has this noise coming from the front to take it in to the dealer and suggest they look at the strut mount, because it seems like this is a problem on more than a few 2011 Buick Regals. I am a happy owner again!
    markjp33,

I am very glad to hear you are a happy owner again and everything has been taken care of. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other owners!

Thank you,
    I have the non-turbo 2011 Regal with about 6500 miles. On start up I get a couple of seconds of diesel sounding noise from the engine, but it runs fine. I was perusing the Equinox forums and there is a major discussion of this issue in that vehicle which I believe uses the same engine as the Regal's...the 2.4L
    The fix requires adjustment of cam actuators, a software adjustment and something else. They also noted a significant amount of metal shavings in the oil on the first oil changes which apparently is related to the same issue. Has anyone experienced this?
    zeen,
    Have you spoke with your dealer about your concerns? Can you please email me with your VIN? I look forward to your response. Have a great weekend!!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • whoosierdaddywhoosierdaddy Member Posts: 76
    There are 79 2011 Regal Turbos on dealer lots in Indianapolis today, and 83 of the 2.4L.
    I puchased a 2011 Buick Regal about 3 months ago and have about 3,000 miles on it. The fit, finish and handling of this vehicle is superb, but it has a decided turbo lag at times which is really annoying. It usually happens when you slow down almost to a stop and then step on it to get in going again. There is usually oncoming traffic involved and the results can be quite harrowing sometimes. I had hoped it would resolve itself after getting a few miles on the engine, but that hasn't seemed to happen. Any suggestions as to how to improve this?

This vehicle at this pricepoint is amazing, but I wish GM had charged a few more dollars and made remote starting, Universal Home Remote, and 2 person memory driver seat available. A car with this pedigree almost demands these types of options.

The only other complaint is the chrome piece around the bottom of the shifting lever. It is positioned such that when the sun is at an overhead angle, the reflection is right in the driver's eyes.

This is just some feedback to let GM know what can be done to improve this vehicle if they so desire. Every car has so problem areas and I am just trying to alert you as to what I think this vehicle's problem areas are.

I have been driving only GM vehicles for over 20 years now and I have no intention of changing my allegience.
    40yearfan,
    Thank you for your feedback. Have you spoke with your dealer regarding your concerns? I look forward to speaking with you!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    No, I haven't. I will call my service advisor to see if he has any suggestions.

Thanks for the quick reply.
    edited August 2011
    I have a 2011 Regal with beige/brown interior. The brown rubberized paint on the steering wheel (on the veritical pieces below the radio and cruise controls) is peeling off, revealing a black shiny plastic. Dealer says there is no paint available to repair this. Has anyone experienced this problem?
  • metrospmetrosp Member Posts: 10
    I have the black interior on my regal that I purchased August 2010 and it doesn't have the problem. But my 2002 Chrysler minivan with a beige interior had the same issue on the steering wheel, but it was covered under the warranty and replaced at no charge.
    I believe the bumper to bumper warranty covers those defects and they should be replaced.
  • 3subfam3subfam Member Posts: 3
    The manual for my Oshawa, ON built Regal recommends 91 octane, but you can use 87.

The tank was filled with 87 when I picked it up (per salesman), but I then filled up with 93. The octane level does make a noticeable difference in performance.

I now go to Sunoco to get the 91 octane, although it may cost almost the same as 93 at other stations. You could also fill half the tank with 89 and half with 93, but that is a pain. I also tried 89 once or twice, but 91 performs better if you can find it.

The turbo is smooth in regular use, but if you punch it, it will take off after a little lag.
  • laker69laker69 Member Posts: 1
    I have owned my 2011 Regal Turbo sense July. Have not as yet had an oil change, the computer still shows 79% oil life left. I have not owned a Turbo before I purchesed the Regal. I have not noticed the noise or the lag as mentioned the the other threads. My Regal was build in Germany do not know if this makes a difference or not. As the miles continue to increase I will keep everyone posted. To date this is a great car. As always there are a few things it would have been nice if Buick would have included.
  • arn3arn3 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2011 Regal with 5K miles on it. The transmission shifts very awkwardly. Sometimes at very low speeds I can depress the accelerator and it hesitates for a full second. This is a huge safety concern to me.
    Also when I let off of the accelerator, even going down hill, the car immediately starts to slow down. This is probably why the car gets horrible gas mileage. Anyone have the same issues?
    I took it to the dealership yesterday, but they say this is normal for the Buick Regals.
  • jamesb11jamesb11 Member Posts: 9
    Curious to see if this was resolved. I am having the same issue with my 2011 Regal with about the same amount of miles. Did they get this fixed. I have my Regal at the dealer for the second time for this issue.
    I have a 2011 Buick Regal non turbo which is sounding like a Diesel on start up. I have seen other posts with this same issue but have not seen any response to whether they were ever able to get it resolved. I have it at the dealer now for the second time and hoping I can help direct their efforts. Anyone know why this is happeing
    jamesb11,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Please keep us posted on any information from the dealership. By chance, have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance?

Thank you,
    I have not spoken with them. The issue has been fixed. For lack of a the technical terms it was the supressors. Seems to be an issue with more than just my car as the loaner they gave me had the same issue. Thanks for responding and if the problem occurs again I will contact GM Customer Assistance.
    My dealer didn't know what to do about the noise and said it won't harm the engine. After the first oil change, the noise has largely gone away.
  • help2011help2011 Member Posts: 2
  • help2011help2011 Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2011 Regal. The same day I got home I noticed the carpet was cut short and coming up on the driver and passenger sides of the car. I can actually see wires. The next day when I went to open the sunroof, the headliner detached leaving a big gap in the roof of the car. I took the car back to the dealership and was told they had to replace the above. Needless to say I am pissed off. It is a week later and the car is not fix. I was told that I could not have a new car. I feel like I bought a used car instead of what suppose to be a new, luxury car. Can anyone tell me what I can do? The dealership says it is up to Buick and that Buick was aware of the above defects.
    arn3,

Sorry to hear about the transmission! I would encourage you to get a second opinion at another GM dealership. Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
  • fishin13fishin13 Member Posts: 4
    I just got an email form the service manager at my dealership stating there is an open recall on my regal, i cannot find anything about this on line, he is apparently not available by phone right now. Does anyone know what this is about?
    I have heard the same thing but have not seen anything. I had mine repaired but it has started making the noise again. I will be taking it back for the 3rd time. I am really not please about this issue
    I took delivery on a 2011 Buick Regal Turbo yesterday, Summit White with cashmere leather. So far I love it! Traded in my 2009 Allure/Lacrosse and this is like night and day in terms of the drive. What a fun, sharp-looking car!

jamesb11,
    Can you please email me your VIN, current mileage, as well as a description of your concerns? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    fishin13,
    Please feel free to email me your VIN and request for recall information. I am happy to look into this for you! :)
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    Yes I will.
    ab348,
    Congratulations on your purchase! Welcome to the family! Please feel free to email me with any questions comments or concerns! :)
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • nyc67nyc67 Member Posts: 1
    Same problem, same color interior, dealer to look at it next week. Did they fix for you?
    NYC 67
    No. They can't short of replacing the steering wheel. They do not have touch up paint for this. GM Customer Service was very responsive but the bottom line is there is no fix at present.