Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Challenger Wish List

goateegoatee Member Posts: 51
White leather with black carpet interior, Sure Grip for auto-stick, Rear parking sensors for sure. The gray interior is nice but does not fit all.

Comments

• nace818nace818 Member Posts: 140
    My favorite of all time is white leather with red trim. (dash, seatbelts, carpet). Looks especially good on a white car with the red RT hood stripes, Red leather would be a close second choice.
  • 08blackrt08blackrt Member Posts: 10
    There are a few things that need to be changed/added. First off, the driver's seat needs to be made so it can be folded forward to allow rear seat access. This is something I didn't know before I bought the car. The rear seats are pretty much dog only, so it's no big deal, but I could see how a lot of people are turned off by it.

I myself think the mirrors are odd, and would look better done as "normal" mirrors where it's not sticking out like on a stick. The Challenger's mirrors are supposedly done from a mold of the originals. I think that's a place they needed to not go back to.

I myself don't like two toned, or light colored interiors. The blacker the better, IMO.

There needs to be a re-think of the whole drive by wire interface, and especially the adaptive "adjusts by the way you drive" thing. They should just give you a choice of say 4 settings:

1. Old man slowpoke. Very lazy throttle response. A good snow and ice setting.
    2. Sunday go for a ride cruise. Slightly better response than #1, good for rain.
    3. Peppy, but not a hair trigger. Pretty hard tip in, but not too twitchy. Most drivers would like this one.
    4. Hair trigger, touch it and it lunges. I had a modded '79 Trans Am, and it was like this. Fantastic street car!

And the car, in it's next generation, needs to be lower, lighter, and a little smaller.
  • tc16tc16 Member Posts: 3
    The biggest thing that would change would be to stiffen up the clutch for the manual transmission. IMO..When driving a car with this kind of power that light clutch doesn't seem fitting. I have only test driven a couple so if I buy one I may be thankful for the light feel while sitting in traffic!!
  • 08blackrt08blackrt Member Posts: 10
    Well, I never even test drove a stick so I wouldn't have known about that. I can't think of anything more annoying, except maybe the time the driver's seat got stuck all the way forward after my sister drove my car, than driving a stick in city traffic. I had to drive about 30 miles to the dealer to get it unstuck, and it was pretty bad, but when I borrowed a friend's stick shift car one day, and had to drive it in rush hour traffic across town and back. Horrible.
  • tc16tc16 Member Posts: 3
    One more thing I would like to see is a better selection of wheels for the RT models. I really like the SRT wheels and understand that you may want to have some exclusive wheel selections for the top model. However, I am really not a fan of the over shiny 20" that are most prevelent on the RT's. The "rally' wheels aren't too bad but seem to only come on the "Classic" package. A nicer 20" brushed wheel for the RT would be a nice addition.
  • jeepwonderjeepwonder Member Posts: 1
    I have had my 2010 Challenger for 3 months.
    I hate the radio! I paid $1340 for the touch screen radio and it sucks big time. It has a one year serius package, I can live with that. But the USB port? It won't work with most Ipods. Chrysler knows about this and even addresses it on the dodge webpage for owners, and is promising a software update for 2011 models.

So, how is that for a 'screw you' to the rest of us?
    This isn't the first Dodge product I've had. The local dealer is great, it's the attitude of the parent company that needs changing.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    If you drive a new Camaro, Mustang or Challenger and are under 35, a reporter wants to interview you. Please email pr@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info and a few words about your choice no later than July 1, 2011. Thanks!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• randoff32randoff32 Member Posts: 1
    I own the 2010 Challenger SRT8 6 speed with the UConnect radio unit. It has a adapter wire that plugs into a socket (located inside your center armrest)...iPod goes there and u are able to see and control your iPod on your radio screen. The USB port in front of your radio is for downloading files from a thumb drive (when plugged in to the front USB port) Hope this helps?
  • lamronh49lamronh49 Member Posts: 86
    The Challenger needs the 8-speed auto yesterday. It needs a 3rd door as per the Veloster. It needs some lighter-colored upholstery so the interior doesn't look like a cave.

But first IT NEEDS SOMEONE IN AUBURN HILLS TO GIVE A HOOT ABOUT IT.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you bought a new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Fiat "special edition" model in the past year or so - or if you are a dealer who sold one - a reporter would love to hear about it. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, October 10, 2012 with your daytime phone number and a brief description of the car and your experience with it.
  • appleimacappleimac Member Posts: 1

Interior is important to me - I hate black and grey interiors - the brown and reds in the pictures look very cool, particularly if the dash is a warm brown and not "black" - I also need easy interior access for a disabled person on the passengers side, which it looks as if the wide doors may offer - plus room for a folding wheelchair in the trunk -

• I want good gas mileage on the six, automatic - plus good navigation, compass, temp, power seats on both sides - traction control – plus new safety features - and great reliability, with reasonable parts costs -