Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q7 Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• wilsbacherwilsbacher Member Posts: 4
    Thanks guys - I'll have to pay more attention to what I'm doing when this occurs. It's almost due for its first 5K service and I'll bring it up to them then.

Thanks again
    OK, got some feedback from the dealer. Dropped the Q7 off on Tuesday and will get it back today (Friday). Seems my simple concern about the FM cutting out opened up a BIG can of worms. At first the tech didn't duplicate my issue, but found that NONE of the audio worked. They spent the next 2 days testing modules and exchanging info with Audi Service Support. Today they were able to duplicate my issue - across all audio channels (FM, AM, CD and Sat). They have ordered the amplifier module that is causing the problem. So by early next week all should be well. The dealership has been really nice about the service issue - and I have been given a loaner Q7 to drive around.

One thing I found out about the sound system (all the systems really). Its all fiber optic - very little wiring there!
  • downunder1downunder1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, we have had our Audi Q7 (4.2) since new for 2 years.
    For the past 6 months we have been experiencing a problem with the engine cooling fan.
    Basically the fan comes on at any time, even when the vehicle has not been used for many hours and is cold.
    The fan continues running at varying speeds until the battery is totally drained.

The dealer and Audi Australia have spent a lot of time changing on board computer hardware etc, and we thought it was fixed. Now yesterday it happened again after 4 weeks.

Has anyone experienced the same or similar problem, or heard of the same.?
  • jvaldez4jvaldez4 Member Posts: 1
    In the past this Post discussed an oil pressure warning for ~pre 2007 build dates for Q7 3.6’s. Does anyone recall the general range of that build date? I located Jorge's blog in Audi Forum and provided that information in "hard copy" to my Audi Service Consultant but anything further (i.e. identification of the problem, solution to the problem, build date range, etc) is appreciated. I'm experiencing the same symptoms on my Q7 with a build date of June '06 and want to ensure the longevity of the vehicle.
  • pjasparpjaspar Member Posts: 1
    Yes, actually it happened to me twice already and it does not affect the CD portion of the audio system.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    17 07 10

Sept. 14, 2007

2015411/3

Supersedes Technical Service Bulletin Group 17 number 07-06 dated July 23, 2007 to change affected model years.

VIN RANGE: 000001--062000

Models

Oil pressure light on and/or rattle noise from engine at cold start

Condition

The customer may report:
    ^ Oil pressure warning light comes on intermittently at engine cold start.

^ Intermittent rattle or clatter noise from engine area at engine cold start for more than 2 seconds.

Technical Background

The camshaft adjustment is hydraulically actuated and controlled by the engine oil pressure. If the engine has been turned off for a longer time, the oil pressure drops down, and the oil partially flows back into the oil sump. To ensure an efficient camshaft adjustment right after an engine cold start, the oil pressure inside the camshaft adjusters must be built up as fast as possible. During this time a rattle or clutter noise may be noticeable. This noise will last until the oil pressure is fully built up, which normally happens within 1-2 seconds after engine start.

If the noise stays for more than 2 seconds, the engine oil pressure buildup is delayed. This can cause the oil pressure warning light to come on because of overly sensitive monitoring by the instrument cluster software. This delayed engine oil pressure buildup does not harm the engine.

Production Solution

An additional non-return valve installed in the engine oil circulation and new software in the instrument cluster resolved the problem.

Service

It is not necessary to receive an authorization number from the Technical Assistance Center for the repairs described in this bulletin.
    1. Drain engine oil.

2. Replace the oil filter flange (= driver-side engine bracket) with the part number 03H 115 403 H following Repair Manual in ElsaWeb.

3. Replace both oil cooler gaskets.

4. Refill engine oil.

5. Update the Instrument Cluster Software

he following Technical Service Bulletin will be necessary to complete this procedure:
    ^ 2011732; Software Version Management (SVM) Operating Manual
  • nickq7nickq7 Member Posts: 2
    I took my 2008 Q7 in today. I recently programmed the Bluetooth capability so that I could use my Nokia phone in a 'hands-free' mode. It was working very well for about 2 weeks, and then the car suddenly did not recognize the phone. I repeated the setup only to have this happen three more times, each time having to repeat setup again. Now, a brand new symptom has emerged: the entire audio system (radio, CD, iPod) shuts off every 36 seconds for 4 seconds (I have timed it). I can no longer set the phone up anymore.
    The dealer has been terrific and they said that they have seen this once before in a Q7. They have ordered a new 'module' and it should be here in 5 days or so.
    I had an A8 L before this and the excellent service at this dealer has kept me coming back.
    OK, have some answers to the radio problem - the sound dropping out on all audio channels for a second or so with some frequency.

Seems that it is a problem with the CD changer. In July, a CD changer from a '07 Q7 loaner was installed in ours and solved that problem. The dealership has placed an order for a new changer, but has let us keep the '07 one until then. Just checked with them last week on the status of the replacement changer, but no word yet. Seems that there might be a bad batch of changers out there and Audi doesn't want to swap a bad one for a bad one. We still have the loaner's CD changer - and everything is working just fine. So waiting for the replacement to come in is no big deal. :shades:
  • mdhsmdhs Member Posts: 3
    My Q7 Is JUST a year old and has 125000 miles on it. I was just told that I need new brakes for $773. . It seems a little soon. We do not do a lot of hill driving or anthing of note. Anyone else with this issue?
  • vip9vip9 Member Posts: 30
    My dealer told me that my bakes were at "4 mm" during my 15K service visit in December 2007. I wasn't ready to shell out $1K at that time, so I decided to wait till the "light goes on" - which it did - in September 2008 AFTER a 25K appointment, when the dealer yet again "warned" me that my brakes were low.
    This time around it cost me about $800 - seems like the price went down :)

The only drawback - I had to visit my dealer twice in a matter of 2 weeks. Even then, I actually HAD TO REPLACE only the front brakes, but decided to do both just to save time in the near future.

There were a few other posts here stating they were warned about "4 mm" - looks like a standard scare tactic :mad:

If you trust the car to warn you in time (it did for me!) and prefer $800 in your pocket (even temporarily) - I would say be patient. Then, again, for you money, the dealer knows best :)

Also, if you lease the car, doing the maintenance when you HAVE TO rather than when the dealer wants you to may stretch certain expensive items for the duration of the lease.
  • ody02tjkody02tjk Member Posts: 66
    I had to have the brakes on my 2007 Q7 3.6 done at 15,0000 miles (back in June), and that cost nearly $800. Now at 19,000 miles I am hearing the sensors again. I cannot believe that any car should need brakes this often. I am going to take to a brake place rather than the dealer to get a "better" assessment of the brakes. I really think that Audi should cover their brakes under the maintenance plan if the brakes fail so quickly.
    I got the AMP at the time I leased my car. MSRP is around $500. The sheet of paper with covered work and exclusions cannot be more vague except for the explicit exclusion of the brake replacement.

As it turns out (well, at least according to my dealer) - tire rotation is not covered. New wipers are not covered... so what is???? 4 oil changes for $500 seems a bit steep even for Audi.

Was anybody able to decipher the Audi-speak and/or got a reasonable explanation from a dealer?

After having 15K and 25K maintenance performed under that plan, it appears to me that oil change is the only task they performed.
  • cspillmancspillman Member Posts: 18
    Has anyone else had issues with a chronic brake squeaking? It has been in the shop 3 times and they say it is an issue that is being worked on in Germany and it will be at least 3 months before any fix will be available. They say it is a common Q7 issue.
    Although Audi North Scottsdale has not been able to fix the problem I must say that these people have been extremely good to work with. Since the brake problem has been a constant since I got the car and a source of frustration they are now paying my lease payment until the problem can get fixed.

The head of the service department and Jill Pugh are both good people. My only issue now is that there has not been another post with this brake issue. Please let me know if you have had this issue and what dealership fixed it so I can get the issue resolved.
  • c3000c3000 Member Posts: 4
    Same here this will be the second time that I bring it in for excessive brake squeaking. It sounds like a city bus or a train when I come to a stop at any traffic lights. First time around they machined the brakes totally useless...obviously they need to replace something. When I've come side by side with any other Q I've never heard their brakes squeak. Must just be mine. :mad:
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    they are now paying my lease payment until the problem can get fixed

I must say I am totally impressed! :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • sdeutschmansdeutschman Member Posts: 2
    The same thing happened to me- itis a ridiculous design. All you haveto do is stop short and the coffee or whaever goe flying into it. You are right - they should own it. It seems that it happens to too many people.
    My brake noise became unbearable around 16K miles, and my dealer told me I needed new brakes (to the tune of over $800). I had the work done (reluctantly) and I did not hear any noises for about 1500 miles. Now at 19K miles, these are screeching horribly again. I have noticed that it is not as bad, although still quite audible, when the wheels have been cleaned. I think it is atrocious that any car should need brakes so frequently. My old Lexus LX went 60K miles before needing replacements. I was told that since I do about 1/2 my driving as stop and go, the brakes are going to wear "more quickly". Personally, I think it is a design flaw, or poor pad supplier. What did your Audi dealer state the real problem was with the brakes?
    I don't think they know what the problem is...still waiting. I will post when they get a fix. I'm wanting them to termintate my lease at this point. This is my first Audi and although the car is amazing I can't believe they can't make the brakes stop making noise.

Thanks for the posts...I'm glad to know I'm not alone.
    This is my first Audi as well, and boy am I glad I leased it. While it is a great car to drive, and I love the features (MMI, Panarorma roof), the issues I have my first year have me seriously thinking of just handing the keys back when the lease is up. Please let me know if they terminate your lease early. I would very much like to be able to have facts like that if I need to escalate my problems further. No wonder the lease deals were so good last year, Audi knew they had some problems on their hands.
  • ny_driverny_driver Member Posts: 22
    Should have posted here originally.

Love my 2007 4.2 Q7. However, strangely, my advance key doesnt seem to fully work anymore. I can not longer open the door by grabing the handle (the key blinks quickly when I touch the door handle) or closing the door by pressing the button on the door handle (again, key blinks quickly). Pressing the door open/close keys on the key fob work though. The keyless start also no longer works and when I press the button, the key again blinks quickly and the dashboard says no key recognized (I think that is what it says as it flashes in the center console). Can still use the key and turn on the ignition. Called my dealer who never heard abt this problem and I would need to leave the car. Both keys do the same thing so not a battery issue. Anyone run into this problem? :confuse:
  • av1proav1pro Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem and the dealer said the same thing. I tried a 3rd party place and they quoted me $1200. So I figured what the hell let's see if the connection is dirty. I don't recommend doing this but I poured a small amount of water on the mmi wheel and constantly spin it to clear anything that might have gotten in the connector's way. After 15-20 minutes it started working again! I would say if you want to try it, do so with an electronic contact cleaner which you can get at radio shack. It is designed to clean contact points without damaging the equipment. I've used it before on audio mixers and it works great.
  • ramoncramonc Member Posts: 10
    Hi. Unfortunately you are experiencing the product of a company confused and poorly managed. This will probably will not be the only surprise you will find as owner of an Audi vehicle. Do not ask for an answer as most probably you will not find satisfaction. My experience with Audi service and customer service has been sub par. Audi prefers better lawyers than engineers or mechanics. I wish you well but I am not the only one unhappy with a company that sells expensive cars but seems to lack the depth of engineering needed for this market. By the way, do not own or lease an Audi out of guarantee. Audi overcharges in both the rate of labor and the time it takes to get the job done. Very excessive charges. Just ask how much to replace the battery. Good luck.
  • mml7mml7 Member Posts: 55
    Love my 2007 4.2 Q7. However, strangely, my advance key doesnt seem to fully work anymore. I can not longer open the door by grabing the handle (the key blinks quickly when I touch the door handle) or closing the door by pressing the button on the door handle (again, key blinks quickly). Pressing the door open/close keys on the key fob work though. The keyless start also no longer works and when I press the button, the key again blinks quickly and the dashboard says no key recognized (I think that is what it says as it flashes in the center console). Can still use the key and turn on the ignition. Called my dealer who never heard abt this problem and I would need to leave the car. Both keys do the same thing so not a battery issue. Anyone run into this problem?

Replace the battery in both remotes. They use standard CR2032 available at any drug store. The Advanced Key seems to have a higher current draw than normal keys. There are a slew of people at another Audi forum who are having similar issues (pretty much all of which were resolved by replacing the key fob battery).
  • epq7epq7 Member Posts: 1
    I have leased my Q7 2 years ago, the first time we changed our breaks where at 12 thousand after a 6 month I was able to prove to the dealer that this is not normal and I got my $700 reimbersement no 13 thousand latter I know again need to change the breaks. This is obviously an issue with this car an unless Audi except this nothing will be done. everytime I spoke with Audi they send me back to the dealer, but I think the audi needs to hear more about this from when I spoke with them on this issue they said that unless they have a lot of cars that have the same issue nothing will be done to me it sounds like a major flow in the design of this car if you have to replace breaks, sensor and roters evrey 12-15 K this car will cost a fortune. I love this car, but I think the AUDI needs to setup to the plate and cover the breaks on all Q7 at this point I know for sure I will not lease another Q7. I think it's important for everyone that has an issue with break CALL AUDI and complaint. If we get enough buzz they might do something.
    A proud owner of AUDI.
  • ny_driverny_driver Member Posts: 22
    sorry for late response as out of town but got back this weekend and went to my neighborhood store and got 2 CR2032 and my problems have disappeared. Tks, :D
  • evangelinefevangelinef Member Posts: 2
    My husband bought this SUV (brand new) last year and since then, has been having problems with the MMI. It will just turn off while we're driving, sometimes it will turn back on by itself, other times, it just totally shuts off. We've taken it back to their service center 4X already; it seems they have a hard time figuring out what the problem is, and they never told us what caused the MMI to shut off.One time, the MMI was not fixed until after a week. does anybody have this problem, too?
    We truly regret buying the Q7 Aside from the above problem, it is so noisy when on the road. We had a Lexus RX, which was a delight, and I have a Mercedes MLB that never gives me any headache.
  • kerryjthkerryjth Member Posts: 67
    I had to replace my entire MMI twice . 1st time Audi paid ( AFTER many phone calls and wasted time) 2nd Time I had to pay $!000.

I spilled coffee on the shifter area where the MMI is and it shorted out. TERRIBLE FLAWED design to not SEAL the MMI unit BUT AUDI claims no RESPONSIBILITY.

So check to see if you spilled EVEN WATER will short it .

AUDI HQ was RUDE ARROGANT and down right insulting!

My lease runes out in 10 months and I plan to buy a BMW X3(better gas) or X5.

I love my Audi q7 ride BUT Audi cant spell CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!!!

Just curious ... Why did you go to an Audi from your Lexus.... I was also considering Lexus/Acura but I dont like the body style - boring ... ..

:lemon: .. ..
  • evangelinefevangelinef Member Posts: 2
    the Lexus was leased, and my husband needed more space for his golf clubs, plus the design of the Q7 i bet, is so appealing to the men; it has a "macho" look; i also admired it, but with the MMI problems, i'll never recommend it. just this morning, i drove it and the MMI just turned back on for 10 minutes. after i shut off the engine, the MMI turned on again for a few seconds...so weird!
    we can't wait to get rid of this SUV. mind you, before we decided to buy this,my colleague at work told me that every time there's something wrong with her Audi car, it takes a long time for them to fix it. should have listened to her.
    maybe we all should file a strict liability claim case against the company if we find more Q7 drivers with the same complaints.after the 4th time we took it for repair, they told us that there was "hardened spilled coffee or soda" when they took the MMI apart. My husband said just a very little bit of coffee spilled, and that was only once last year, plus, they never told us this was the problem that was causing it! it worked after they fixed it that time, and no liquid spilled after that! definitely flawed design, for liquids to seep in there. now they want us to pay $1100 for a replacement.
    aside from that, we had 2 TV screens installed on the headrests for our 2 kids; one of the monitors fell off 2X. also, one time,water (most probably from the airconditioning) was seeping into the floor on the driver side.what an aggravation for such an expensive SUV! so you see our frustration. waste of time going back and forth for repairs!
    I used to be able to MUTE my sound system by depressing with my thumb the volume button found on the right side of the steering wheel . I have the Q7 Premium 3.6.

On a service visit I had the dealer check out an electrical problem and they said there was none but that they did some Software updates.

Then the MUTE featured stopped working.

I bought it in to the dealer for another service (since no mute button was annoying BUT I was too busy to bother with it ) and they now claim that feature was never on this model. SO I guess I (and my whole family) was HOLLUCIANATING !!!
    :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:

This may sound like a minor problem BUT it is typical AUDI customer service... If they cant fix a problem... BLAME the CUSTOMER - they are American IDIOTS ...

HAS ANYONE used the MUTE button or HAD THIS PROBLEM??

THANKS !!! :lemon: :lemon:

BTW.. I am the guy who had spilled water on the MMI and AUDI claimed it was not their FAULT that they did not SEAL the MMI unit from moisture... Again only AMERICAN IDIOTS drive and drink water/coffee.. It COST me $1000..

Hey but it COST AUDI a potential LIFELONG CUSTOMER !!
    My steering-wheel-mounted Volume button, when depressed, announces that "NAVIGATION IS NOT ACTIVE" - that is when it isn't, or it repeats the last navigation command when the Navi is on. I am not sure how it is supposed to behave if you do not have Navigation. There is also a setting to reduce/mute the volume when Navi "talks" - the setting which may have been changed on your Q7 by the software upgrade.

I would suggest to read the MMI manual - but I WON'T! I still remember trying to read that thing in order to figure out why my one-touch voice-recognition button either
    1. Works at all since I did not have "the package"
    or
    2. Dials a random number from cell phone memory...

Well, somehow, it now works wonderfully - dials my home phone # and I only need to yell "DIAL" once or twice... while other voice commands are not recognized - after all I do not have "the package" :)
    I used to be able to MUTE my sound system by depressing with my thumb the volume button found on the right side of the steering wheel . I have the Q7 Premium 3.6.

On a service visit I had the dealer check out an electrical problem and they said there was none but that they did some Software updates.

Then the MUTE featured stopped working.

I bought it in to the dealer for another service (since no mute button was annoying BUT I was too busy to bother with it ) and they now claim that feature was never on this model. SO I guess I (and my whole family) was HOLLUCIANATING !!!

That button on my 4.2L Q7 (with Nav) does not mute the radio. Only the radio volume know next to the MMI does. What software updates did your dealer perform? You should be able to get a list of the software updates performed on your car from the service invoice (typically listed something like I3 update, etc).
  • chickdrchickdr Member Posts: 12
    The thing is with AudiCare, our money factor was decreased on the lease, making the true cost equal to ZERO, yes it was essentially free. So it makes sense to opt for it even though it does not cover things like rotations. Free oil changes still count for something.
    While I agree is sucks to have to shell out $1000 when something spills on the MMI, whose fault is it ultimately that the liquid got into your MMI? Certainly not Audi... You don't have to drink while driving the car- especially when you KNOW there will be a problem if something spills in it. You got one free pass from Audi already, now you want them to pay again when you make the same mistake?
    You miss the entire point . The mistake is not mine... remember I am the customer and the customer is never wrong !! A coffee spill should not cause $1000 worth of damage to a car - NO WAY Audi (or u) can explain this one away .. They screwed up and their arrogance wont allow them to just admit it and fix the flaw!! That same arrogance almost bankrupted AUDI with their SUDDEN ACCELERATION problems.

No one with even a rudimentary knowledge of electronics would NOT SEAL a unit that is vulnerable to a spill. Or better yet NOT put the unit directly below a cupholder - PURE GENIUS !! Also realize the spill was small and wiped up immediately.

The key here is AUDI has a flawed design and is too ARROGANT to admit it !!

If you are accustomed to paying premium prices for subpar design quality and even worse "arrogant" customer service then you will do well to stay in an AUDI ...

I checked with my friend that has a BMW X5 and guess what ..... he spilled coffee in his car and it did not cost him days in the shop and $1000.... he said "It told u to buy a BMW".....

P.S. Do you work for Audi ? :lemon:
    But you certainly are. Again, who spilled the drink on the MMI? Audi? I think not. You were aware there would be an issue if a drink spilled on the MMI after the first episode and still chose to allow it to happen again. This is not Audi's fault, it's yours. They have a cupholder in the front door as well, you know. If you put your drinks there it won't hurt anything if it spills.

I will give you another example. The automatic rear hatch on the Q7 has an adjustable stop point. If you purchased your car, drove home, entered your garage and opened the hatch without adjusting it, it would likely hit your garage door(causing significant damage to your rear hatch). Would this be Audi's fault too? Would they be liable for the bodywork needed to correct it?

You show real ignorance by bring up the "unitended" accelleration issue. This was proven beyond a doubt to be driver error, it had nothing to do with Audi's design at all. That was an example of media using its power to hurt a company, not an example of truth in reporting.

And, no, I don't work for Audi. I am just a satisfied Q7 owner who doesn't like to hear whining about things that were self-inflicted....
    You miss the entire point . The mistake is not mine... remember I am the customer and the customer is never wrong !! A coffee spill should not cause $1000 worth of damage to a car - NO WAY Audi (or u) can explain this one away .. They screwed up and their arrogance wont allow them to just admit it and fix the flaw!! That same arrogance almost bankrupted AUDI with their SUDDEN ACCELERATION problems.

I stopped trying to reason with you awhile back, but seriously, the mistake really is yours. By your logic, it is Apple's fault if I accidentally spill coffee into the keyboard of my Macbook and fry the motherboard.

Also, try doing some research on the "sudden acceleration" problems before claiming it as a failure on Audi's part. The story has been completely debunked. The expert 60 minutes hired actually doctored the car to make it behave the way it did and the NHTSA even cleared Audi a few years later.

P.S. Do you work for Audi ?
    I have to admit that I find it pretty humorous that you always question people who disagree with your opinion if they work for Audi (as you claimed I did a few months ago). I happen to believe in personal liability. If I screw something up, it's my fault. I don't go trying to find someone to blame.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I've just seen the photos, but the placement of the cupholder sounds like a design flaw to me. There's a lot of anecdotal accounts around that German car designers don't understand the North American demand for ample cupholders. This design sounds like it may be an afterthought.

That said, my '97 Subaru isn't any better - the cupholder in it lets splashes dump into the HVAC controls, but mostly into a slot where the cable operated temp selector lives.

Looking at interior shots of new Outbacks (and new MDX's, a direct competitor of the Q7), it appears that there are no cupholders on the dash at all anymore - just in the center console.

Someone who likes to visit showrooms should go around and compare notes between the Q7, MDX, X6, Cayenne, etc.
    Steve, great idea.. I will be replacing my Q7 next year so I planned to make the rounds at the dealers.. so I will document what I find and post. I am leaning towards a BMW X5 BUT note sure what new SUVs to expect in 2009. Any suggested forums to post/query on this ? thx !!

BTW, you guys do a great job managing this site... very responsive and balanced ...

:):):)
    First of all lets get one thing out of the way. I do not work for Audi(or pump gas for that matter). I am a veterinarian by trade. There are not many mentally challenged folks getting into vet school these days....

Second, why won't you just own up to YOUR mistake of spilling liquids into the MMI? You did spill it, right? It wasn't done while your car was at the dealer getting serviced, right?

Your gas attendant analogy is excellent and you should learn from it. If you can't keep a coffee cup in the armrest cup holder without spilling it, don't put the cup there. Use the door cup holder instead.

Help me out by telling me what you do for a living so I can give you a better example you may understand...
    You were right man- Kerry is pretty unreasonable about the whole issue....
    This exchange is becoming more and more personal. Let's all take a deep breath and refrain from the zingers. Debating an issue is one thing but making it ad hominem is quite another.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Nothing personal here tidester- just want Kerry to own up to the fact the mistake is theirs, not Audi's. I can't stand to see people complain about something they caused by their own actions. If the MMI was failing on its own and was constantly putting their Q7 in the shop, that would be another thing and I would agree. I had a 2004 Touareg before my Q7 and it constantly had issues which put it in the shop. The same components would fail again and again. The Q7 is a masterpiece in comparison.
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    dealership. We had a lady spill beer on her MMI and demand we fix it. :confuse:
    It really is SIMPLE.....

f you have electronics in a car .... hmmmmm say in the braking system or headlights you seal them from moisture etc.. well if you have electronics inside a car especially near a cupholder which leans forward over the electronica .... you should also seal the electronics .... how expensive could that be for a $60K car\

Not sure why u are defending audi ... they dropped the ball and need to own this design flaw...

It really is that SIMPLE....

The key point here is to communicate to others :lemon: :lemon: that AUDI has no respect for their customers ... they are arrogant and that will reap its own reward ... :lemon: :lemon:

It really is that SIMPLE....
    WOW!!

so now Audi determines if they fix damage from a poorly designed unsealed electronics MMI system by the type of liquid spilled on it ..

Hey if it was Holy Water would you have fixed it for free...

WOW - true example of AUDI arrogance !!

Beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Guys are THE BEST !!!!

:lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
    Anybody with an opinion other than yours is obviously an "Audi operative". Do you really think Audi would waste time replying to posts such as yours? You still haven't answered my question. Why would you put the same beverage that did the damage the first time back in the center cupholders? One time shame on Audi, two times shame on you. I guess you are not a believer in the quote: "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it." Maybe you should be....
    Hamilton CLEARLY STATES he works for an AUDI dealer ...

WOW !!

Try tp be less emotional and READ the POSTS .then your replies will be better respected and some people may actually fall for your inaccurate Audi biased comments. ..

Also per Stever Pls refrain from the childish name calling

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    If I owned your Audi I'd never, ever use that cupholder again. You KNOW Audi is not going to fix it, so every time you douse it, you're going to pay for it. Ten cups of coffe spilled, ten modules, ten profits for Audi.

Would you rather be unjustly deprived of a cupholder, or remain angry forever and pay $1000 a year for new modules? Me? I'd take my lumps and quit.

Audi is never, *ever* going to pay for such a thing again, in a million years. You can take my word on this. Trust me. It's hopeless. You got your one goodwill module, just like the lady who sued McDonalds for being scalded by coffee got her settlement. Do you think she could sue again and collect? Doubt it.

Look on the bright side. Maybe your complaint will get back to Audi and they'll move the module for future Audi owners, just like McDonalds lowered the temperature of their coffee to save us all from harm.

Anyway that's my two cents. I'm a realist, as you can tell :P

Visiting Host
    just like McDonalds lowered the temperature of their coffee to save us all from harm

McDonald's lowered the temperature of their coffee to save themselves from potential future lawsuits. :P

I agree, it seems like a careless design but I don't see where any of this goes after the first "mishap." If I get shocked sticking my finger into a poorly designed electrical outlet, maybe I deserve compensation. But I'm sure as heck not going to stick my finger there the second time.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper