Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

smart fortwo Prices Paid

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,826
edited May 2015 in smart
Tell us about shopping for your Smart!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• redfred1redfred1 Member Posts: 8
    SMART buying experience at Round Rock, TX dealership was amazing. Service and support has been second to none. We get friendly letters on our purchase anniversary, couple quick calls after we bought to check on how we were doing, and the dealership has had a BBQ for all local purchasers. 6K miles and not one issue in the 1.5 years we have owned it. Do not let the miles imply we do not trust it for normal driving; we bought it for our 16YO and thus, not driven that much but I do take it periodically to work and enjoy not only the car but the also its handling, surprising power, and seat comfort. On wish would be that SMART fix the rear view mirror (needs to be raised a bit on the convertible). With the top all the way down it is difficult to see a coupe behind you.
  • h31007h31007 Member Posts: 6
    Hey Car_Man-

What is the current lease money factor and residual rate for a 2013 Smart fortwo SmartC 2dr Coupe?

I was quoted a selling price of $11,754.00 and a lease rate of $156/mo including tax and I would like to get a better idea of if this is a good deal or not.

Thanks!
    Brian
    Also, this is for a 36 month lease @ 7500 miles/yr
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,826
    I'm sorry, but I don't have any Smart lease information..

How much money upfront to get that low lease payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited November 2013
    No down payment on this deal.

Im curious then, where do you get your information for other dealerships? I am just wondering if there is some database that people can tap into. My understanding is that dealerships are not required to provide the money factor on lease worksheets, but yet somehow you and CarMan are able to acquire this info - which is really valuable for going into a negotiation with people who negotiate for a living.

I would assume that because this car is not as popular you guys just dont have the numbers because I have been watching the prius forum and some infiniti models as well and the money factor is always attainable.

Thanks for any insight!
    -brian