Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Toyota RAV4 Redesign

raytoyotaraytoyota Member Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Toyota
The third generation is almost 5 years, do you think will it completely re-design the new Rav4??

Comments

• otolaotola Member Posts: 8
    I have seen reports stating either the 2011 or 2012 model years. I personally think it is long overdue - the design in my eyes looks dated.
  • toyotagaltoyotagal Member Posts: 215
    I had been reading on the internet that the 2011 RAV4 was supposed to be released the end of August. So I stopped by a Dealer today and they said that is incorrect, the 2011 RAV4 will not be at Dealer's for a couple months.

We were getting interested in the 2011s because we had heard that there will be an option to not have the spare tire on the back for the Limiteds. Which we are interested in. We liked the fact that they took the tire off the back of the Sport model last year but we didn't care for the Sport Model. We are "Limited" folks.
  • orbit9090orbit9090 Member Posts: 116
    edited September 2010
    RAV4 body style does not change significantly from 2009 to 2011.

2011 RAV4 receives standard brake override technology for 2011, along with a new Upgrade value Package for the Base models which adds popular options at a special value price.

The Upgrade value Package is available on Base grade four-cylinder and V6 RAV4 models. it adds a six-CD audio system with XM Radio (subscription required); steering wheel audio controls; 17-inch five-spoke alloy wheels; color-keyed door handles; Daytime Running Lights (DRL); roof rack; privacy glass; power tilt/slide moonroof; upgraded fabric interior; and, on two-row models, a rear cargo area tonneau cover.

The 2011 RAV4 is offered in three distinct grades – Base, Sport and top-of-the-line Limited – and with a choice between the 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine or a V6. Both engines can be teamed with either front-wheel drive or electronic on-demand four-wheel-drive, giving consumers a wide array of vehicle choices. The roomy RAV4 offers an optional third-row seating on Base and Limited grade models.

The base MSRP for RAV4 will range from $21,925 for the Base four cylinder 2WD model to $28,235 for the Limited V6 4WD model with automatic transmission, an increase of $250 over 2010.
    I was able to squeeze a 2011 brouchure out of a Dealer yesterday. And alas it appears the Internet rumor that has been floating around that "there will be an option for the tire on the back or not" is not true. At least by looking at the brochure.

Dealers won't divulger sqwat about the 2011s right now other than to say "another month or so". I even had to again see the 2010s to even get a brochure. Probably the only one released in our area this weekend. (smile)

The are desperately trying to clear the lots of the 2010s to make room for the 2011s. And they almost want to pretend that there is no such thing as a 2011 RAV4...........LOL
  • tnboytnboy Member Posts: 11
    Edmunds' own site says 2012 Rav4's will be released in summer of 2011. With the lack of info out there about 2011's, that tells me there will be no (or very minor) change from 2010 to 2011 Rav4's...and maybe not even any 2011's. It wouldn't be be the first time a manufacturer skipped a year. For example, here it is 9/10/10 and no 2011's out there that I can see, although Toyota's current inventory of 2010's is nearly down to nil. My guess is Toyota will soon release an unchanged 2010 as a 2011 model, then come out with a new 2012 next summer.
  • danhoustondanhouston Member Posts: 20
    nah, toyota won't skip the 2011 model; it will be available shortly...before year's end
    Forget that, Toyota definitely has a 2011 RAV 4 that will be hitting dealers in a month or so. I even have the 2011 brochure.

And I will be buying one soon after they start coming. I do like buying the last year before a major redesign. I understand the 2012 will be more like a truck than in the past. And the last year before redesign is almost always the best of the lot with tweaks being made over the years based upon customer complaints and needs.
  • sir_timbitsir_timbit Member Posts: 39
    Doesn't seem to be a whole lot new for 2011 other than some new packages/trim, at least based on what I see on the US & Canadian sites.
    The 2011 are rolling in. Or should I say trickling in out our way. There are many 2010 still sitting. And it appears that the 2011s will not be rolling out in any quantity to speak of. With them still not being able to sell the 2010s on the floor. Perhaps an even bigger discount as we get closer to the end of the year.

Out of curiosity, I wonder what dealers do with "new" older models that they cannot sell?
    For intstance when the 2012 roll out next summer there will possibly be some 2010s left.
    Do they give them away to their relatives or sell them as a used car or???
  • kiramakirama Member Posts: 15
    I read a review that stated that the 2010 Rav4 heated seats were 'cushion heated only',not the back..I haven't been able to confirm that, but was wondering if the 2011's have heated seats and cushions or only cushions?
This discussion has been closed.