Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Electric lock problems

fella126fella126 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Chrysler
2005 Dodge GC electric locks just stopped working. They don't work from the remote or internally.If I disconect and reconnect the battery for a few moments they will work for a day or two and then quit again. It's not worth a trip to the shop,but is there anything that I can do myself to correct this problem? Thanks.

Comments

• learmanlearman Member Posts: 1
    I have a problem with the steering wheel: No horn, airbag light is on and security light illuminated. It seems like a common fuse. Anybody know where to find a fuse description?
    Jay [email protected]
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,747
    That tends to be a broken clock spring rather than a fuse. The clock spring is the part that maintains the electrical connection between the steering column and wheel.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Member Posts: 303
    Sounds like your door lock switch is failing. Would need to figure out which one is failing and replace it.
  • edrazedraz Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem on a newly purchased used T&C 2005. The door locks just quit working. No response from the key fob or with the door button. Both passenger and driver locks not working so I am sure it isn't a switch problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • edrazedraz Member Posts: 2
    Well I tried the trick of pulling out the 20A IOD fuse and then reinserting it. It worked. I don't know how long it will be before it malfunctions again but this did the trick for now.
  • audiophile72audiophile72 Member Posts: 6
    I read in another forum that the IOD pull is just a temporary fix. The real issue is a software update that has to be done by the dealership and is anywhere from $70 - $90. :)
  • badeacon3badeacon3 Member Posts: 1
    Can somebody please tell me where the 20 amp iod fuse is located? I can't see it listed in the manual
  • dan_jdan_j Member Posts: 6
    The rear driver-side power door lock suddenly stopped working about three years ago, and has never worked again. The rear passenger-side power door lock stopped working about three months ago, so until about two weeks ago, the only access to the back was through the space between the two front seats. (Two weeks ago, that lock began working again, although it's with a semi-screaming sound coming from what I assume is the power lock solenoid.) My question deals with the rear passenger-side power lock -- the one that hasn't worked in years. In order to get to the power lock assembly, the interior trim panel has to be removed. But since the door can't be unlocked or opened, how in the world do you get a trim-removal tool into position to take pop the fasteners? I've looked at it, and it seems to me that the only way to get the trim off is to cut it off ---- and I am not exactly thrilled with that prospect! Can anybody offer a suggestion?
  • argishtiargishti Member Posts: 2
    Hi fella126 . I have the same problem with my locks. Please, tell me what to do? Your locks are now working? Thank you .
  • argishtiargishti Member Posts: 2
    2005 Dodge GC electric locks just stopped working. They don't work from the remote or internally.If I disconect and reconnect the battery for a few moments they will work for a day or two and then quit again.
This discussion has been closed.