Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura ZDX Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
Ask your ZDX lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• SE92692SE92692 Member Posts: 10
    Acura is now offering a lease deal on the ZDX Tech package at $599.00 per month for 36 months. $3,999.00 total due at signing. The terms are listed below. I have a few questions:

1. For the super preferred credit, assuming a dealer participates in this offer, does that mean that Acura will pick up the cost of $3,400 so that what is really due at signing is just $599/month ($3,999-$3,400=$599)? (assume taxes, license and other fees are excluded for the moment)

2. How can I figure out what the money factor is on this lease? I want to compare it to an interest rate by multiplying the rate by 2,400 and then compare leasing with buying it at a 2 or 3% interest rate.

3. It looks like the residual is 60% if I want to purchase it at the end of the lease. Is this typical or too high? Is there any room to negotiate on the purchase price at the end of the lease?

OFFER:
    Closed-end lease for 2010 ZDX 6-Speed Automatic with Technology Package (Model YB1H4AKNW) for $599.00 per month for 36 months with a $3,400.00 capitalized cost reduction available to customers who qualify for the AHFC Super Preferred credit tier. Other rates/tiers are available under this offer. $3,999.00 total due at lease signing (includes first month's payment and capitalized cost reduction with no security deposit; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Not all buyers may qualify.

Subject to limited availability. 1/14/2010 through 3/1/2010, to approved lessees by American Honda Finance Corp. Closed end lease for 2010 ZDX 6-Speed Automatic with Technology Package vehicles (Model YB1H4AKNW), for well qualified lessees. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $50,805.00 (includes destination) less the capitalized cost reduction (which may be paid by the suggested dealer contribution) resulting in actual net capitalized cost $48,006.40. Net capitalized cost includes $595 acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Taxes, license, title fees, options and insurance extra. Total monthly payments $21,564.00. Option to purchase at lease end $30,483.00. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15 cents/mi. over 10,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, but for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more, mileage cost is 20 cents/mi. over 10,000 miles/year. See dealer for complete details.
  • fredflintfredflint Member Posts: 6
    I saw this deal yesterday. Seems more doable for me than the other lease deal offered on the Advance Pkg. The dealer in my area has only one ZDX in stock. (Advance Pkg). The dealer posted a $5000 markup on MSRP plus another $2,000 for dealer accessories.

My dealer wanted a deposit to buy into the lease deal, but had no idea when / if they would ever get any with the tech. pkg. I love the car, but decided to wait until they are more readily available.....whenever that may be.

Everything is negotiable, but with limited leverage, I doubt you could get one for $599/mo and $0 down.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings SE92692. Why would Acura waive $3,400 of the money that is due at lease signing on this lease?

I believe that Acura's current special lease money factor for the advertised ZDX lease is .00143.

You are better off leasing a vehicle that has a high residual value. The higher the residual value is, the lower your lease payment will be. If your vehicle's purchase option price is higher than its value in the real-world at lease-end, just walk away from your vehicle and take solace in knowing that you underpaid to drive it for all of those years.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • gooddeals1gooddeals1 Member Posts: 3
    ZDX with tech package here are the figures I got, is this a good deal?

Residual 59%
    Money Factor: .00143
    36months
    12K miles
    3K down payment
    $569.00 p/month payment

Is this a good deal or do you think there is still more room for negotiation?
  • gooddeals1gooddeals1 Member Posts: 3
    Here are the figures I received today from Acura Dealer in Florida

Residual: 59%
    Money Factor: .00143
    Months: 36mo.
    Mileage: 12K
    Down Payment: 3K

$569.00 p/mo. including tax. Do you think this is a good deal or still room for negotiation?
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    Well, this is the current Acura offer and it's only for 10k mile/year, but anytime you don't have to put anything down or no security deposit is a good deal ~ Figure it out for yourself:

FEATURED SPECIAL LEASE: Closed-end lease for 2010 ZDX 6 Speed Automatic Technology Package (Model YB1H4AKNW) for $690.00 per month for 36 months with $0 capitalized cost reduction available to customers who qualify for the Acura Financial Services Super Preferred credit tier. Other rates/tiers are available under this offer. $0.00 due at lease signing ($0 first month's payment, $0 capitalized cost reduction and $0 security deposit; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like).
    Hi gooddeals1. To me, the easiest way to tell how good a deal this lease is is to take a look at the selling price that was used to calculate your payment. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. One wouldn't finance or pay cash for a vehicle without knowing how much the dealer was charging them for it. Leasing without knowing the selling price is sort of the same thing.

Let us know what the selling price is for the ZDX that you are interested in and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • gabingabin Member Posts: 2
    these are the numbers for zdx advance pkg
    2010 zdx advance lease 36nonths 12k
    > inception fees $2105.74 included 1st month payment
    > $700.01 included tax.
    > res factor 53%
    > lease rate 0.00193
    > msrp is $56905
    > selling price of the car: $48163
    >
    question i have is the money factor right for tier 1 best rate?
    i think price is good, am i correct?
    Hey gabin. In response to the question that you posted in the RDX lease discussion, Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 ZDX Advance with 12,000 miles per year are .00193 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

You certainly are being given a large discount on this vehicle and the money factor looks good.

Car_man
    Host
  • pmannymoepmannymoe Member Posts: 24
    Car Man,

They are offering some pretty good deals on these but I would love the numbers to see how they are getting there. There's probably room still room to work them lower. Can you please supply numbers for Dec for a 15k lease for 36 or 39 months on a car with Tech only.

Thank you!!
    Hey pmannymo. Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura ZDX with Tech and 15,000 miles per year are .00136 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

You definitely don't want to lease this car for 39 months, its money factor is higher for that term.

Here's the kicker, Acura is currently providing a solid $4,000 dealer cash on this vehicle. Make sure to take it into account in your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • pmannymoepmannymoe Member Posts: 24
    Thanks for the numbers. It's an interesting car and I seriously considered it, but they haven't wanted to budge much off their initial offer. I'll run the numbers and see how it looks.
    No problem pmannymo. I;m glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
  • action3500action3500 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

Do you know February numbers for 10k/36 2010 Base ZDX? It seems quite a few dealers have 2010 models in stock and support the lease, but numbers are very hard to come by.

Thank you,
    I sure do, action3500. Acura's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 ZDX Base with 10,000 miles per year are .00099 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the whopping $4,000 dealer cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • amcdadamcdad Member Posts: 61
    Car Man- a dealer just told me that the dealer incentive was $1000. Do you know if that is right (has it dropped from $4000) or am I getting incorrect info from the dealer? Thanks!
  • rdxerrdxer Member Posts: 38
    $4k on 2010 models, $1k on 2011's
  • edsmededsmed Member Posts: 5
    I was wondering if there were any changes for March? I'm looking at a 3 year / 15K mile lease on a 2010 ZDX with Tech.

Thanks in advance.
    Hello edsmed. Acura's April lease program for the ZDX is exactly the same as its March program was.

Car_man
    Host
  • vet60vet60 Member Posts: 1
    car man,

Just visited my Acura dealer and was told most incentives were recinded by Acura about 10 days ago including the $4000 on 2010 ZDX's. Can you confirm whether this is true?
    Hi vet60. I believe that the $2,000 dealer cash that Acura was providing on the 2011 and $4,000 on the 2010 ZDX are still available. Having said that, if dealers are short on supply I'm sure that they are going to try to get as much as they can for their remaining inventory right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    edited October 2011
    Saw a 2010 Advanced in white w/acura 20" Chrome wheels. MSRP is $56K plus the wheels. One of those Slowroom Statues with 100 miles on it. Is it unreasonable to expect a real deal on these? Every dealership seems to have at least one hanging around from '10 or '11. I'm looking for the whole deal to be under $40K (Adv pkg only) on a '10 leftoveroverover..,,,, :blush::blush:
  • dfwcarguydfwcarguy Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    I'm in the market for a new Acura. I'm debating on the Acura TL SH-AWD /Tech or Acura ZDX /Tech. To me it boils down to price and payment and I think both are great vehicles. My question is, does the ZDX have any cash back incentives this month (November) compared to the previous posts on this forum? Does anyone know the residuals and money factor for the ZDX? Thanks!
    Hello dfwcarguy. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 ZDX Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00054 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Acura is currently providing $2,000 dealer cash on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    $2,000 on a car they can't give away. LOL AKA Showroom statues as a salesman friend called the ZDX. My local dealer still had untitled 2010's on the lot till last week.
  • mirsatanmirsatan Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car man,

I am considering a 2012 ZDX with tech package. What are current money factor and residual value for 36 months/ 10000 miles a year lease? Appreciate your help.
    I'd like to see the same for a 2012 zdx advanced 12,000/yr 0 down

I don't think I'd buy one as they don't seem to be able to give them away.
    Here's the information that you are looking for, mirsatan.

Acura's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 ZDX Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00016 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mlevinedc3. Acura's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 ZDX Advance with 12,000 miles per year are .00016 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    So let's say with options the MSRP is about $60K...

What would be a good lease price for 36 mo 12K/yr? (especially knowing this car has such a poor re-sale value and they hardly sell but a couple thousand units a year.)
    Hi mlevinedc3. I need both a selling price and the MSRP to calculate a payment for you, or at least the MSRP and dealer invoice price. You can find that data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Inv $53,241

MSRP $57,565

TMV $52,895

thanks Mark
    No problem Mark. Thanks for the additional information.

OK, according to my calculations if you were to lease a 2012 Acura ZDX Tech that has an MSRP of $57,565 and a selling price of $51,741 ($500 over dealer invoice minus the available $2,000 dealer cash) though Honda Finance right now for 36-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $651.

Car_man
    Host