Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comments

• jeffchristliebjeffchristlieb Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to all who posted on the headroom issue I had. I'm going down in a few minutes and test drive one and see for myself!
  • 3xjeep3xjeep Member Posts: 11
    Here is my window sticker showing the Opional Equipment word for word

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
    OVERLAND WITH 3.6L V6 ENGINE PACKAGE
    Media Center 730N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV $465
  • steve358steve358 Member Posts: 12
    I just test drove the grand cherokee. When sitting in passenger seat, where you rest your feet is extremely narrow, possibly wheel well taking up space. Did bother me a little. Has anyone else notice this design flaw.
  • joeb24joeb24 Member Posts: 111
    OK, now I get it! MY sticker has Media Center 730N CD/DVD/HDD/NAV $305.
    It does not include the MP3, so that's why its less money.
    $160 extra for the MP3 plug (which I won't use) seems more than enough money to me, oh well glad I got a good discount on the vehicle.
  • jreworldjreworld Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2011
    I've experienced the same thing on my JGC Overland Hemi while parked on a slanted driveway. When I told the dealer he said it was humidity that had gathered in the muffler, but I didn't buy it. Shortly thereafter my engine light came on, my MDS stopped working and the engine idled high at cruising speed. After 2 weeks of being out of service the dealer found a bad valve on one of my cylinder. They fixed the problem, but I was hoping it would address the engine sluggishness someone else reported, but it did not.

I also have the 730N, which has lots of bugs. Reboots sometimes and is very slow to respond. The dealer said it was an older Alpine model of which they had a surplus of parts and put them in the JGC. He said some of them have the newer NAV based on the Garmin.

BTW, Chrysler comp'ed me the 7/100K policy for free as a result of the engine problem.

I still have the car, but I'm looking to get rid of it. There's a clunking sound when the tranny downshifts. Very dissapointed in the vehicle.
  • bill328bill328 Member Posts: 5
    I recently purchased a 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland with Hemi and the off road package. I was also disappointed in the tires; the Michelin latitudes are not "on off road tires" as the off road package advertises. I have complained to both dealership and Jeep customer service, so far to no avail. I am planning to file a complaint through my states Attorney General's office. This looks like a situation that may be ripe for a "class action suit". I would love to hear from others in the same situation.
    ethaskell

I am considering contacting the Colorado attorney general office regarding the "bait and switch"; ie advertising "on-off" road tires but delivering all season tires. Have you considered small claims court or a class action suit?
    I also love the vehicle but can believe the poor customer service.
  • new_jeepienew_jeepie Member Posts: 59
    edited April 2011
    I am going to wait until I goto to the NY Auto Show (end of the month) on the first day and try to speak to somebody from Jeep. The dealers are not responsible for the bait and switch, rather, Jeep HQ is responsible for their decision making. The test vehicles shown on YouTube from the introduction period clearly shows the Latitude's are on the GC.

Jeep fails to realize by ignoring this problem for which they consider only 10%
    of the total sales, is a grave mistake. The 10% is what Jeep considers those who take their vehicles off-road. However, many folks other than the off-roaders purchase the Jeep models based on the reputation and the loyal customer base that know the complete capabilities of the Jeep Band.

When somebody reads on-line or is told by the dealer (I can not blame the dealers, they are working on what is provided) the GC Adven. Pkg. comes with On/Off Road tires, the potential purchase or purchaser assumes they have the complete capability of the tire. For somebody that drives in snow (highway/street), they need the traction. For somebody drives in heavy rain, they need the tire to evacuate the water fast to prevent hydroplaning. And the off-roader who wants to go on the middle rated trails with mud holes, they want the traction. So on and so forth.

This is why I have said in my past posts, to let costumer service know the exact problem with examples and get a case number. This way, if an action arises, the consumer complaints are their for those who need them as discovery.

Would I purchase another Jeep again, yes without any prejudice. Would I get the V6 again, yes. Would I recommend a Jeep product, yes. Yes, the customer service IMO is poor regarding this issue, otherwise, they helped me greatly in other areas. I find the service and parts department also a great help.

SO, if anybody from Chrysler/Jeep/Fait who read this forum, please fix the the situation. I would thank you and the rest of us would thank you.

Best for now. :)
  • rrhoadrrhoad Member Posts: 3
    I know I will get significant flack for this...but, will all who are complaining re: the tires really find it necessary to have the off road tires, or is it just the principle of the thing? Wondering.
    edited April 2011
    This past Christmas snow storm, here in the Northeast, I saw so many 4x4 getting stuck in 6 - 12 inches of soft snow during the early parts of the storm. If they had a fair On/Off Road All Terrain tire, not a mud tire, they would be driving safely though the snow instead of spinning the wheels.

Today, the tire manufactures have made significant advancement for the On/Off Road All Terrain tires. In particular, the ability of the tire to self clean-out the tread to achieve maximum tire traction. Whether it is for street/highway driver going though the snow or rain or the off-roader going into mud, gravel roads and rocks, the On/Off Road All Terrain has great many positive features over the traditional all season tire. The Michelin Latitude's are classified as an all season highway tire with a 10/32 inch tread depth.

To answer your question, for us who paid for the extra option to meet our requirements, we expected to get what we believed to be the right tire. We did not vision to go out spend any where from $800.00 to $1,200.00 additionally. Other 4x4 SUV manufactures that offer the advanced off-road options, give you an On/Off Road All Terrain tire. You might ask, how come I did not go for a different SUV brand where I would get those tires? The answer is simple, the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee is far better than the others in the class range. BTW, even those who get or have a 4X2 (pickups, vans etc.) sometimes will get a All Terrain tire for better traction.

Best for now :)
  • prigglypriggly Member Posts: 642
    I briefly enjoyed a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2011 Overland with the Off-Road Adventure Package and smaller wheels until it was lost in an accident. My observations: the stock Michilin Latitude non-HP tires are good but not great. See the evaluation on tirerack.com for the skinny on these tires. But if you replace them with Nokian WR G2 tires, the whole game changes. The tires become thoroughly competent in any weather including blinding rain and driving snow. Buy them. You will be amazed.

As for the JGC, it is a wonderful vehicle but has a fatal flaw - the 5-speed tranny. The car definitely needs an 8-speed tranny to improve both acceleration and fuel consumption. I can see how Chrysler wanted to get it on the road ASAP but it is not yet ready and needs better gas mileage, something that will be accomplished hopefully in the next two years.

Until then, it does not shake at any speed, is refined, quiet and comfortable, but needs drive train work.

Until then, I will stick with the Cruze and follow with rapt anticipation your communications with the board, etc.
    I have JGC Overland with the 20 inch wheels. I am thinking about getting All Terrain or Snow tires. Tire Rack recommends the Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 for a snow tire. Has anyone found (or can recommend) an All Terrain tire in the 20 inch size (265/50-20) that I can leave on the car all year and will be good in snow? I have had no experience with the original equipment Good Year tires in snow.
    edited April 2011
    Hi,

The Goodyear Fortera OE tire that comes with your GC is like any other Highway tire in snow. It is hit or miss in snow situations, even the goodyear dealers say that.

As for going with a dedicated snow tire, which folks do, the Bridgestone Biizzak DM-V1 is highly rated. Goodyear is supposed to be coming out with new sizes for their highly rated dedicated snow tree, the Ultra Grip series. Also, many consider the Nokian tires from Finland as top snow tire has your size as well and it is easier to find now.

www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=11942&group=2.01.02&name=Nokian+Hakkapeliitta+R+SUV

With regards to the All Terrain, it is hard to find a decent tire in that size which is one of the reasons I went with the Adven. Pkg. I do know that many tire manufactures next month will be releasing new models and additional sizes. I would look into Cooper, Goodyear, BFG, Hankook and also Kumbu that I know of that will be able to assist you. Since I have 18" wheels, I never looked into it.

If I come across something, I will post the link. Best for now. :)

P.S. With dedicated snow tires you have watch your speed with some models so check the rating or ask the dealer.
    Thanks very much, new jeepie. I used to use the Nokian WR G for my Subaru, and one could use it year-round (no tire switch in winter/summer). Do you know if the Nokian Hakkapelitta can be used similarlry, or is it a dedicated winter trie?

The Bridgestone DM-V1 has an "R" rating and TireRack said it should be safe to use on the JGC.

Guess we should repeat this conversation 6 months from now!
    Nokain now calls the WR G the WRG2 SUV which can be used year round. However, I do not remember if they have your size yet or the WR SUV.

The Hakkapelitta is R speed tire as well. As for all year, they say you can, however, not recommended because during the summer months the hotter temperatures will make the tire compounds softer. Various reviews that I have read, those who live in the colder climates leave them on all year long if they do not travel south during the warm seasons.

The rule of thumb with an R rated tire is not go over 106 MPH for a constant period of no more than 30 minutes.

• xc90508xc90508 Member Posts: 26
    The owner's manual states 8,000 mile intervals for service.
    I did get an extended warranty that also includes service at 3,000 mile
    intervals. I will keep the shorter intervals until the extended warranty expires. I don't know that I would go to 8,000 miles, but we'll see when we get there.

About 500 miles after getting the oil changed, the message center showed a message that an oil change was due.

If the message center shows oil change required at 3,500 miles, I don't know that I would shut the message off and wait another 4,500 miles for an oil change.

Any thoughts? Anyone else run in to that?

BTW, it looks like you can't shut that message off until it shows up.
    It doesn't seem like it can be reset at the oil change. Just reset when it shows up.
    Hi joeb24,

Also, look at Nitto tires from Japan, the Dune Grappler comes in your size and they are a on/off road all terrain tire.

edited April 2011
    First and foremost, sorry about your loss with the JGC. This is truly a wonderful vehicle.

You are right about the Michelin Latitude's, they are simply a good basic tire for the highway in clear weather conditions. As stated by many in this forum, the tread depth and tread design is an increasing issue especially in the various weather conditions. As I reported in a past post, I did find the tire in a blinding rain does not have the same stability that it should have.

I did talk to Nokian a while back, at that time they would not sure if they are coming out with the All Terrain or when for both of the JGC sizes. They did recommend the dedicated winter tire, which is not bad option. I almost pulled the trigger 4 years ago for the Nokian WR SUV, but the price then was too much. I got great deal on Goodyear triple treads. The reviews for the Nokian product line get high marks from many owners.

As for the gas mileage, I have learned over years the winter gas blend is not fuel efficient and you always burn more, like jet fuel. The last two years has been worse. It would be great if we had 8-speed tranny. In the beginning I hated the tranny with the V6, now by using the auto stick for manual shifting purpose when I need too, I have been comfortable and happy with the drive train. If Jeep does come out with a better transmission, it would be great if the old one was upgradable as well.

I hope you keep us in mind and do consider getting a JGC down the road again.

Just got the bottom of the driver's seat replaced. I bought JGC in March and there were imperfections/stains in the leather on the seat bottom of the driver's seat. At first, I just accepted it, but then I decided to try to have the dealer do something about it (being somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to my cars). It turns out Chrysler said it was a warrantable repair so it cost me nothing. I was worried about having it done since they would have to take apart the whole front seat to do the repair, and it is a power seat with the ventilation feature. But dealer did a great job. Everything works and new leather matches the original leather. I like my JGC even more now!
  • dvp16dvp16 Member Posts: 15
    I think the key is the tires are not even trail capable let alone off road capable. The sidewalls on the lattitude's are not designed for off road. The on/off road tires I have had before also performed better in snow than highway tires.
    I had a lot of sucess with the Goodyear Silent Armor's 20's on my Ram 4X4. Not sure if they come in the Cherokee size in 20's but they do make an 18 that will fit the Cherokee. That is what I am replacing these lattitudes with if I keep the vehicle.
    Last communication with Chrysler was....go talk to the dealer about the tires. I decided I should communicate in writing for legal purposes. My dealer is not responding to my correspondence.
    edited April 2011
    Hello,

You are correct in your analysis regarding the sidewall. The problem starts with the tread depth being shallow at 10/32. The tire has no proper evacuation for water in the 5 rib tread design. The tire is venerable to getting clog with stones and other matter since the gap is small. With all that said, the sidewall does not have any chance to be effective. Which means for the driver who sticks to the street and highway, problems will develop for them in variable snow conditions and heavy driven rain in the loss of proper traction. This was reported by some in the Latitude's reviews at Tirerak. The Goodyear Fortera Tripletread (had it on my Xterra & Pathfinder) which is also a highway tire has a better design all around and you get the traction that is needed for snow, rain, and even with dirt and light gravel roads. BTW, I also had the Firestone Destination AT on the Xterra, that was nice tire in the snow as well as for off-road (Just wished it had more sipping).

I still can not understand how the engineer's at Jeep think that the Latitude is an on/off road all terrain tire. Granted the Latitude does have siping elements in the tread design, however, you still need the other key parts of parts of the tire for it work properly. You can not simple rely on the power of the 4x4 transfer case to get you thru with mediocre or inferior tires. The majority of us who buy all terrain tires know we might have the same MPG or lose some. Even BFG (the parent company is Michelin) says the Latitude is a highway tire. How the chain of command made this decision and justification to use the Michelin Latitude is beyond me at this point.

It is interesting that Corporate is making this matter a dealer problem and not taking on the responsibility. We know that the first viewing for the press and test vehicles had the Latitude's on them, check out the YouTube videos. Does this mean the dealer's were suppose to ask us which tire we want? The one on the Videos or the one that cost extra? The Jeep website never indicated such. Just said Michelin on/off road tire when looked at before I made my purchase. The only on/off road all terrain tire Michelin has to offer under their brand name is only the LTX AT2, a retail price of $200.00 plus. What bothers me the most is When I researched into the JGC, the tire had question marks on it, but, I did not know it was this bad. They could have given us a BFG tire, which technically is Michelin.

Now is the time for Fait/Chrysler/Jeep to get the act right on the On/Off Road tire for the Adventure Package. It should be interesting when I goto the New York Auto show next week and see what the boys and girls from Michigan have to say.

Sorry if this is a long post, however, some information here might help others. As I have said before, I still love my JGC. Best for now. :)
    edited April 2011
    What triggers the change oil message? Seems very strange that the service is 8k or 6 months per the book, this makes your message seem to be premature. I understand why you are changing oil at 3k as you have paid for it with the extended warranty, I don't have the extended warranty (still thinking about it) so unless I buy it I'm sticking to the book.
    I am also interested how the oil change notice resets.
  • mayhermayher Member Posts: 41
    Looking to purchase a new Grand Cherokee soon. Have driven both the V6 and the Hemi. The 6 is adequate for my needs but really fell in love with the power and smoothness of the Hemi. I realize that we are not buying these vehicles for mileage, but with gas at $4 + per gallon and rising, it becomes a concern. Does anyone have any real world mileage figures city/highway after owning a GC with the Hemi for a while that they would share? Advertised mileage for the Hemi is 13/19 city/highway. The 13 scares me with gas at current pricing and rising. Would probably help make my decision easier. Thanks
  • frankmostekfrankmostek Member Posts: 5
    I felt the exact same way; the Hemi felt way better. I am getting close to 16 mpg on my commute to work but most of my drive is on the highway. The Hemi is only about 2 mpg lower than the V6 as it is more efficient than the V6.
  • jreworldjreworld Member Posts: 3
    I drive conservatively and I get about 13-15 city, 17-19 hwy on the Hemi. I once got 20.3 on a trip back from SF to LA. Hope that helps.
  • xc90508xc90508 Member Posts: 26
    I found the reset in the manual, which I don't have in front of me right now. But it was something to the effect of pressing the start button to the "Run" position, without starting the vehicle, and pressing the gas peddle three or four times to reset.

I will keep an eye on this. Maybe an early change indication due to break-in oil. But I don't know. Not sure if it looks at many factors, miles, engine time, etc. Not sure if it check amount of contaminants in oil or anything like that.
    edited April 2011
    I have now 2600+ miles on my V6 now which is mostly highway driving. I general drive from conservatively to moderate depending on where I am going and doing . So far, I have been using regular gas only.

Basically, with the Northeast blend of gas for the City I would get about 11-16 depending on which street or road I am on. If do not catch the traffic lights and stop at every other block, the gas mile is on the low side. Highway I am doing anywhere from 18.5 - 21 averaging speeds about 70. The best on was 23.5 during 60 mph.

We should be getting our Summer gas blend shortly and will look at the numbers again. Out of curiosity, which gas do use with the Hemi.

• fbj1445fbj1445 Member Posts: 7
    I spoke to my dealers service mgr the next day and he had told me that it was normal because he said they put this protective coating in all the internal parts like the exhaust and engine called DYMOLINE, not sure if that is the correct spelling, from the factory which usually burns off within the first 500-1000 miles. He said it can either burn off slowly or like in my case all at once. I have not had any problems since, thank God, but after hearing your situation, I am still a little bit concerned! I love my Jeep and would be pretty pissed off if that happened to me! That reving high at highway speeds sounds like the tranny is stuck in gear! I'd bring it back and have the tranny inspected thats probably why you get that clunking on downshift! Anyway, good luck to you!
  • fbj1445fbj1445 Member Posts: 7
    I use 89 which is recommended, but they say 87 is ok for the hemi! I've gotten 22.3mpg at 65mph with cruise on! Not bad for a V8!
    Hello,

That is great, I am glad you like the JGC. Looks like the Hemi is just about the same as the V6 in terms of gas mileage.

The two reasons which I did not go for the Hemi was I found a Laredo X package with the Adventure Package & Quadra Lift for an excellent price. The other reason I did not have the extra money to get the Overland with the Hemi and the Adventure Package.

Overall, I am very please. Best of now. :)
  • usafausafa Member Posts: 7
    I just ordered a JGC Overland with the V-8. I had a question regarding the UConnect and wireless "hotspot" feature. Does anybody know if this requires a monthly Sirius contract (after the free period ends) or if it is free of charge (a feature of the new model).

My dealer wasn't sure.
  • kgvwkgvw Member Posts: 29
    If I remember correctly, it is a type of modem sold and installed by Chrysler/Jeep and then a monthly svc charge after that. I don't think it has anything to do with Sirius.

Enjoy your new GC Overland, got mine in December, ordered in Sept. I just put my cross bars on the existing rails. Look good, too bad they're no longer standard. :confuse:
    Had the GYR's on my 05 GC. They were outstanding. Never came.close to getting stuck in over 16" of unplowed snow. Good tread life also. I just got new Michilin LTX's. Great tire and rated higher on Tire Rack's site. Quieter than the GYR's and a bit more compliant on a chatterboard road. Look good too. Going to Utah in August, guess I'll see how they really do. :D
    Hello,

Did your JGC come with the Latitude's? Which Michelin LTX, the M/S 2 or the A/T 2 did you install on your vehicle? Sears recommended either one and TireRack has them rated high on both categories.

I am now starting to focus on the BFG Rugged Terrain T/A (Due on May 1st) after rereading the reviews. In Peterson's 4Wheeler magazine, the review indicated that they had no problems with snow. The only problem was in heavy mud, which an all terrain tire will encounter problems with. It seams that BFG is making a great effort to respond to us, the consumer, in redesigning the product line and not sit on their reputation.

As I have posted before, the use of a dedicated winter tire is still a possibility with Nokian as the leading choice.

Happy trails this summer. Best for now. :)
    I got the AT-2's. They're not a true all terrain tire, but an On-Off road tire. I wanted a good mix because I don't run off road that often but when I do I'd like to have confidence in my equipment. Real nice on road. Much quieter than AT's and looks pretty aggressive for.some on trail runs. Certainly a long way from the original Latitude Touring, to.bad Chrysler doesn't see it that way. :D
  • vskardainrenovskardainreno Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have anything new on this? I bought my JGC in November 2010, and have had serious problems with acceleration. The dealer is not helpful at all and is discouraging me from even having it looked at.
    This winter I actually slid into an intersection because of the lattitues not shedding snow. I am actually one of the people that posted a review on tire rack about it and others have also complained about this tire trait. I am sure the dealers will say you accepted the vehicle with those tires on it so what if the spec sheet says on/off road. I am very disappointed in chrysler. A friend is suggesting that I just get it over with and take the dealer to small claims court.
    My average since oct/2010 is 15 city/highway with about 80% of that being city driving. I use a midgrade octane.
    Just so you know, even if you win in small claims that doesn't mean you can collect. In any case I really believe it's not a dealer problem it's a Chrysler problem, they built it, the dealer.didn't. You've.got.to try to.work it out with a good Chrysler case manager. Push them hard, I found a sympathetic one and she's pushing to get new tires to satisfy me. :)
    Hello,

Other forum members have reported that if you turn off the hill assist in the set up menu, you should have reduce hesitation. The drive by wire system in the JGC looks at a lot of things. So if one I item is marked off, then the computer will think faster. I have tried this method and found it to work.

The other method that I found was using the auto stick to manually [non-permissible content removed] gears. The JGC does take off. Also, if dry traction conditions are present and your model has the selec-terrain system, set to sport.

I have now 2800 miles on the V6 and now I am happy with the engine.

Hello,

Thank you for your input and candid remarks in this wonderful forum. Are you also the one who switched to the Michelin LTX M/S 2 tire?

Small claims court is a tricky process, especially if the problem arise from a national or interstate source, such as Chrysler. From my last talks with Chrysler and a recent post, I think now they are catching even more flak for their error in judgement.

Yes, the sad part about this is Chrysler does not want to take any responsible for this. This tire simply does not perform and it was never intended to perform as a
    on/off road all-terrain tire. You have experience a dangerous situation, I have reported on problems in heavy rain, what about the next driver who thinks they have the right tire for the elements and gets into a serious problem.

The New York Auto Show is here, I am hopefully going to speak to somebody from the national scene and see what can be done to rectify this problem.

Otherwise, I hope you are enjoying the JGC. Best for now and happy holidays. :)
    edited April 2011
    Hi,

You are right, the key is to find and get a sympathetic one. If everybody keeps this up, they just might bend. As I have said in past posts, the best course of action is keep on Chrysler, including those who have switch tires already. Try to get reimbursed.

Their is information in this forum about what is wrong with the tire and how it is a problem. Use this information in your talks with Chrysler.

Best for Now. :)
    I'm picking up my Overland this afternoon (w/ adventure group II). I talked to the dealer yesterday and they informed me the tires on my vehicle are the P265/60R18 OWL On/Off-road tires. I believe these are the appropriate tires from what I can gather from reading on-line and following these posts. Can anyone please confirm this?

Also, does anyone have perspective on how good (or bad) these tires are?
    edited April 2011
    Hello,

Congratulations on your purchase. As the expression goes, you should use in good health and have fond memories with it.

To summarize, if you are getting the Michelin Latitude tire in the P265/60R18 OWL On/Off-road tires as Jeep is currently giving, it depends on your view and application. Many of us, including myself, within this forum are not happy with the tire as our posts have indicated.

The Good: A nice quiet tire in dry conditions.

Serious Off-Roading: Many say no despite the videos on YouTube showing the Latitude's going over dry conditions at Moab Ut.

Wet Conditions:
    The last few posts by others say no.

Snow Conditions: A few posts before yours, a fellow forum member almost lost their JGC. I missed all the great action with the snow this year. :cry:

Lite Off-Roading:
    I have serious doubts now that my treads get stuck with too many small stones. In certain dry conditions, maybe. Depends what you are doing.

Bottom Line: If you read all my posts (see # 286 for a full summary) you see that I do not like the tire. However, with this size rim as I have posted many other tire manufactures including Michelin offer excellent tires. The tire issue should not stop you or any one from purchasing this fine vehicle.

Happy Holidays and Best for Now. :)
    I wish you luck! Mine were advertised on sticker and order form as on/off road tires, but arrived as Michelin Latitude Tour tires, an all season tire. I am considering legal action as Jeep and the dealer refuse to respond to the misrepresentation.
    Thanks for the info. I picked up my JGC yesterday and was impressed with how it looked. The tires were the P265/60R18 on-off road tire ( as advertised). I agree these are not serious off-road tires. I live in Minnesota and question if I'd be able to get out of my driveway in some of the serious snows we've had this year.

I had BFG All-Terrain TAs on my old '98 JGC (and old '97 Z71 pick-up) and they were able to go through snow, mud, etc. no problem.

I will have to see how these do this summer with some mild off-road driving to determine if it is worth investing in more serious tires.
    edited April 2011
    You are quite welcome.

I like to follow tire product announcements on www.off-road.com and Petersen's www.4wheeloffroad.com. The search engines's on these websites are very good.

I also learned, if you are not required in your area to have a tire with the snowflake symbol, their are other tires on the market that have better performance and price right. Researching these tires is must to find the right one.

You also might consider a dedicated winter tire if it is possible to store them during the off season.

Between August and October, new product announcements for the upcoming winter should be coming out.