Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus HS 250h Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588
edited October 2014 in Lexus
Ask your HS250 lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Hi Car Man:

I have been an avid member of this forum for quite some time and would really appreciate your assistance with the following:

Could you kindly provide the residual and rate factor for a 2010 HS250h base (non-nav) and premium (non-nav) model for a 36/10 lease.

Many Thanks!
    Hi Car Man:

I have been an avid member of this forum for quite some time and would really appreciate your assistance with the following:

Could you kindly provide the residual and rate factor for a 2010 HS250h base (non-nav) and premium (non-nav) model for a 36/10 lease.

Many Thanks!
  • jrock705jrock705 Member Posts: 7
    I was quoted this in Southern California. HS250h Premium w/ Nav, backup monitor, rear spoiler: $38,362 ($500 over invoice). 39 month/18k lease w/ $2k down @ $536+tax (~$588). Money Factor .00255. Residual $23,758.50. Anyone have anything better ? I've read on some of the reviews on here (Edmunds) that some got the vehicle $1250 below invoice ? Don't know if that's true.
    Hi jrock705:

From what I have been told, the rate factor is .00220 and the residual is 68% as to a 36/10k lease on a base model. I am hoping that Car Man posts the January Lease Rates before the end of the month so that I may attempt to procure a deal.

Regards.
    Hello Car Man:

I am attempting to close a deal on a base, non navigation model for 36 months/10 miles and would really appreciate your posting the current residual and rate factor for this vehicle. Also, are you aware of any current incentives? Thanks in advance.
    Hey Kerb...
    Have you closed your deal yet on the HS ? Curious as to your residual and MF... I'm still in the market for one as well, but can't seem to get any #'s online. Thanks!
  • flugelflugel Member Posts: 34
    I am interested in a premium H250 with merely the Nav and rear camera.

do you mind finding out the name of dealership and city where somebody purchased an H250 at @$1,250 below invoice ?

I wonder if that was offset by the "dealer processing fee" ?

Please reply to my personal e-mail at: kr5flute@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Steve
    Hey Steve,
    I am in Southern California. I have been in touch w/ two dealers... Longo Lexus and Park Place in Mission Viejo. Both have offered $500 over invoice for an HS250H Premium w/ Nav. I believe I can get it at invoice and I'm not sure where that $1250 below invoice was at because I also saw that here in the forums. The package they quoted me at was $37,862 w/ Nav, Rear Spoiler, & Backup Monitor. Hope this helps.
    I still needed MF rate for Jan/Feb so if anyone has any info for 250h lease rates, please post.

Julian
    $37,682 was Invoice Price w/ Nav, Spoiler, Backup Monitor.
  • car_foolcar_fool Member Posts: 4
    I am interested in leasing an HS250h in this month, but no dealer seems to be willing to give you a price quote over the phone or e-mail. I am the kind of person who does not like to visit dealer to dealer. It is a little surprising to see others can get around $500 over the invoice. Is this possible in PA or NJ (near Philadelphia)?

Thanks!
    Not sure about those dealers back East where you are, but maybe you should try contacting the Internet Sales department and get someone from there to quote you. At this point, no matter where you are in the U.S., you shouldn't be paying more than $500 over invoice for this vehicle. I was offered INVOICE for the HS250H Touring Premium today. Here was the deal offered: 'HS250h Touring that has an MSRP of $39,431 and an invoice of $36,060; the numbers for 39 months/20K miles per year with $2K down your payment would be $503 plus tax and with $1K down your payment would be $529 plus tax. Money Factor at .00240. I believe I can get that MF down to .0020. Good luck! Hope this helps!
  • car_foolcar_fool Member Posts: 4
    That's great news! With Lexus offering such a good residual value on the car, it makes perfect sense to lease the car.

There is a lease program for the base Lexus at $399 with only about $1000 down (bank fee). However, by using the lease calculator, you can only get this rate using the MSRP with a money factor of 0.00125 (3% APR).

But from what offers posted, the money factor is higher than 0.00125, so I am not sure if Lexus is offering a discount for the price on the $399 lease program.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey kerb. Here's the information that you're looking for. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 HS 250h with 10,000 miles per year are .00220 and an astounding 68%, respectively.

In addition to this special lease money factor, Lexus is waiving the first month's payment on leases of the HS, up to $500.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • flugelflugel Member Posts: 34
    does anybody know if i can buy this vehicle for below invoice and if so, where ?

Also, this car IS now being addressed with Prius for a brake recall.

Please advise if you can find any definitive articles addressed specifically to Lexus owners.

thanks,

Steve
    Excellent, thanks for providing same CarMan!
  • crazyforcrewcrazyforcrew Member Posts: 2
    Just leased a new HS250, and it really is a great deal. I put $1950 down in fees and taxes, including the bank fee, motor vehicle fees, state taxes, etc. They waived the first month's payment, took over my last two lease payments (and they weren't rolled in elsewhere, they paid them outright) and I'm paying $399.

The price of the vehicle was heavily negotiable, and the residual was 67% on the car. I've been driving the car for the past 10 days, and it's fantastic.
    You're very welcome, kerb.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new car, crazyforcrew. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. This is great info for anyone who is in the market for a new HS right now.

If you haven't already, make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • mikestamikesta Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    just leased this car in no va, premium, navi, sticker price $40,725, terms were$452per mo, 36mo 10k,$2,000 up front, includes tax,title, tag, first month payment.,
    edited March 2010
    Greetings Car Man:

Could you kindly provide the rate factor and residual for a 36 month/10k mile lease on a base model HS250h. Additionally, is Lexus still waiving the 1st months payment and are there any new or increased incentives? Lastly, what is the holdback percentage and is it calculated on the base msrp or total msrp?

Thanks a Million!
  • drl_2drl_2 Member Posts: 5
    I was at my local Lexus dealership last night discussing leasing and financing options for the HS. The current money factor is 0.0022 and the residuals are 68% for 10K miles per year, 67% for 12K miles per year, and 65% for 15K miles per year. They will make your first payment up to $500.
  • lightshybridlightshybrid Member Posts: 10
    We got our car on Saturday. $41k MSRP premium with nav, remote start. $700 out of pocket and $430/month for 36 months 12K per year. Dealer was very easy to negotiate with. Silver/Opal with gray interior. I'm in NJ if you need additional info. I would certainly recommend my salesperson.

Larry
  • hshybridhshybrid Member Posts: 1
    Does the 430/mo include tax?
    Yes, $430 flat with no inception fees, just the $700.00 sign and drive.

Larry
  • john420john420 Member Posts: 97
    I am in NJ, and I have been pricing the HS250. Where did you lease your vehicle? That is a better deal then what I was quoted.

Thanks
    Jon
    Jon,

It was Lexus of Englewood, not sure if they are close to you. You're not supposed to mention salespersons or phone numbers, but suffice it to say, it's just like christmas in there with the deals coming.

Noel!
    Larry
    Larry,

Was that their first offer? Or did they have a higher number first. Did you every ask about a 2 year lease. I heard they are not to far off from the 3 year lease. And one final question. Did you ask about more mileage? I need at least 15k a year.

Thanks for your help
    Jon
    Larry,

I called Englewood and they said they would not be able to match that deal, and they wanted $485.
    The only thing i can think of is that they don't want to let you know on the phone. That was my deal and it was only 5 days ago. If there is a way to send a message to me, I would give you my salesman's info.

Larry
    Sorry, one last question.

You said you only paid $700 out of pocket. Your price of $430 included taxes? You did not pay anything above the $700.
    Maybe you can give me the first letter of your salesmans first name. This way no name is listed on this message board.
    Jon,

Nothing else, a check for $700 and $430/total including taxes for 36months at 12K year. Premium with nav/backup camera/remote start/mats/spoiler. First letter of name is NO

Larry
    funny, but thanks for the info
    Hey kerb. According to the latest information that I have seen, Lexus Financial Services current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 HS250h with 10,000 miles per year are .00220 and 68%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Keep in mind that Lexus is currently waiving the first month's payment on leases of this model.

The following section of Edmunds.com has the information that you're looking for on dealer holdback: Dealer Holdback.

Car_man
    Host
  • lebrownlebrown Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2010
    I cant believe that Larry...I threw down that those terms for an Aurora white HS250 sticker $40k and the dealer look at me like i had 2 heads!
    Lexus extended deals til 4/6. I just picked up a 2010 HS250 premium w/nav.
    24 months
    $1600 out of pocket (1st month + fees)
    $410 tax included

The residual will decrease by 6% on 4/7. This car will go up almost $80 to $100 on that date.
  • lebrownlebrown Member Posts: 8
    What dealer? I will do that deal today.
  • dmgoodmandmgoodman Member Posts: 17
    CarMan of Kyfdx -

Would greatly appreciate it if you would post the May lease numbers for the HS250.

I am in California and want the 36 month, 12k residual and money factor.

Thanks.
    Here you go, dmgoodman. Lexus Financial Services' new May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 HS250 with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 61%, respectively for consumers in your area who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks, Car_man. Always appreciate your help.
    You're very welcome, dmgoodman.

Car_man
    Host
  • gap4jasongap4jason Member Posts: 54
    car_man

what about those with Tier 2 credit 3 yrs/10K miles? What MF should we expect? I'm in Los Angeles. Is .00195 about right? Also what residual value?

My wife and I are considering a Base HS250h- no NAV.

Thanks!
  • gap4jasongap4jason Member Posts: 54
    Car man and kyfdx - hope you can shed some advise here. You've helped me in the past, and it's time again to lease a new car. I'm in So Cal - Los Angeles.

Looking at a 2010 HS250h (no NAV)
    MSRP $36,470
    Invoice is 33,639
    Selling Price $32,839 ($800 under invoice)

Tier 2 Credit
    Money factor is .00195.
    Residual for 36 months 10k miles 62% of MSRP or $22,611.

Drive off/Down $2000
    Lexus to issue a check to BMW to pay off my last 2 month of lease (approx $950)
    The remainder of the down covers 1st monthly payment, tax, registration

Monthly payment $420 + tax (8.25%) = $454

Can you please tell me if there's anything else I can do to negotiate?

THANKS!!!
  • sal2010sal2010 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I would be interested to find out the following for Northern Virginia/Washington DC metro area:
    1) Which dealer is easiest to deal with.
    2) Residual Value and Money factor for 10K, 12K, and 15 K lease for 36 months.
    3) Which dealer has most inventory
    4) What sale price is realistic (500 or 1000 below invoice etc..)
    5) Any experiences on prices paid etc..
  • moolmanmoolman Member Posts: 129
    Thanks Car_Man,
    Your lease rate advise was very informative, you helped me 3 years ago when I leased then and it helped greatly leasing now.

HS250, I paid invoice +TDA ($561), the TDA is the regional ad fee, if you read edmunds and other website, this supposedly is a legit fee imposed on Lexus and Toyota cars, obviously, it is negotiable, just like anything, but when dealers speak of invoice, most of the time, they mean the invoice you see on edmunds, plus the ad fee, which varies by region.

So Invoice +TDA minus $1500, minus $1000 loyalty bonus, I own a different Lexus.

To quantify my purchase because others claim to buy at a certain price and then get ripped off on the trade in, extended warranty, etc.

I bought nothing extra, no trade in, no warranty, no lojack, no paint protection nothing. I leased the car, paid $700 for the acquisition fee. Tier1+ credit just like Car_man said 0.0015 with 61% residual for the 12K.

The price I got was very common in NoCal, bear in mind that this car just isn't selling well here. I think its not selling well in general everywhere.

If you have questions, just post.
    Car_Man,

Didn't pull the trigger in May.

Do you have the MF, residuals, any lease incentives for this HS250 for June?

Interested in 12k, 36 months, California.

Thanks.
  • kozak79kozak79 Member Posts: 7
    I got HS250h with Premium Package, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks and 18 inch Rims.

MSRP was $41,XXX (I forget exactly)
    Invoice was $37,360
    Cap Reduction $0
    Drive Off Amount $2200 (Taxes, Fees, Plates, etc...)
    Monthly $423

I think it's a pretty good deal. Have not seen anything better.
    Hi gap4jason. Here's Lexus Financial Services' money factors for the 2010 HS 250h for several credit tiers to give you and others an idea of how they vary:

Tier 1+ (720+): .00150
    Tier 1 (719-690): .00160
    Tier 2 (689-670): .00195
    Tier 3 (669-650): .00265
    Tier 4 (649-630): .00315
    Tier 5 (629-610): .00395
    Tier 6 (609-580): .00455
    Tier 7 (579-520): .00575

LFS' June residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 HS 250h with 10,000 miles per year is 62%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey gap4jason. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Also, I see that you are considering getting out of your current lease two months early to lease a new HS. While Lexus appears to be making your final two payments for you, in reality it is hurting your ability to negotiate the best possible deal on your new car. If I was in your situation, I personally would wait a month or two to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sal2010. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 HS 250h with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

LFS' residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher. Its 10k residual is 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • moolmanmoolman Member Posts: 129
    Carman and gap4jason,

I also took advantage of the Lexus early lease termination deal. I don't think it hurts your ability to get a good deal. I posted my deal above. You can cross shop dealers since you can lease or buy from any dealer to get the early termination. Also, nothing says you have to buy now. You can always wait until the end of the lease. I actually thought I got a better deal because I wasn't in a rush to buy a new car. I still had 6 months left on my lease, so if I didn't strike a deal, no biggie, I still got 6 months.
This discussion has been closed.