Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Honda Odyssey Discussion

Comments

• desna78desna78 Member Posts: 21
    just FYI:

2011 Nissan Quest (Japan version Nissan Elgrand)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezxS1ZZ8Tag&feature=related
  • allavalonsallavalons Member Posts: 67
    Unfortunately the person informed you incorrectly. It is touchscreen, if you go to Honda.com and look up 2011 Ody and features, Navigation you will see the Satellite Navigation System screen, right in the middle of the dash, right above the Temperature display, and in the lower right corner of the display is the SETTINGS Button which you press (touchscreen) to go to settings.
  • azkid2azkid2 Member Posts: 47
    I wonder how long it will be before someone has a work around?
  • audreymaudreym Member Posts: 103
    edited October 2010
    I test drove a Touring this past Saturday - it is NOT a touchscreen. I actually went to touch it (b/c the Sienna is a touchscreen, I assumed it was as well) and there is a plastic screen protector over the LCD.

The salesman reminded me that the navi accepts voice commands. I am hoping the voice recognition is decent - if so you will actually be able to program it while driving.
  • mllefkowmllefkow Member Posts: 5
    I purchased a 2011 Odyssey Touring today from Ken Dixon Honda in Waldorf, Maryland. I have never heard of the dealership and came accross them while sufing the net. Since I live about an hour away in Rockville, Md I went through their internet sales division. I was quoted a price of $37,613 - $710 over invoice. I had talked to a number of dealers in the DC area and none of them were willing to sell for below MSRP. One in fact quoted me a price above MSRP. I thought that there was going to be a catch but to my delight when I arrived this morning the quoted price was correct. In addition to an outstnading price I found the dealership great to work with. The internet sales person and the sales manager were top notch. I have never had a more pleasurable car buying experience. In addtion to Honda they sell Chevy and Cadillac. If I am ever in the market again for one of those brands Ken Dixon will be my first stop.
  • mikescmikesc Member Posts: 21
    Good info. So was it only $37,613 + tax or anything else thrown in there?
  • delthekingdeltheking Member Posts: 1,152
    So what would be the total Out the Door OTD price? I bet they will add on Doc fee,dealer fee,convenience fee ,mop and glo,rustproofing,etching,fabric guard etc etc-- all those things.. I dont think dealers will sell such a new model and a Honda at that -- for 100 over invoice.. Not possible IMHO. The final OTD price with all fees is the only useful price..
  • delthekingdeltheking Member Posts: 1,152
    What was the total out the door price with all the taxes and fees? Also,was there a trade in involved? If so--info on that will be useful .And was it dealer financing?? :confuse:
    Nothing more than the standard stuff. My out the door price was $40,256 before trade in. I got $12,500 for my 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring with 98,000 miles. A breakdown of the purchase is below

Car: $37,613
    Freight $780
    Processing: $100
    Sales Tax: $1,565
    Tire Tax: $24
    Tag Fees: $103.50
    Title Fees: $50
    Lien Recording: $20
    I got financing through Capitol One - 2.97% on a 72 month loan. There was not much difference between a 60 and a 72 month loan. Bank of American has a rate of 3% on a 72 month and 2.5% on a 60 month.
  • heathernjheathernj Member Posts: 24
    I am positive that it's not touchscreen, there is a plastic shield over the screen and you are not able to get to the screen itself. I think that someone else posted this as well.
  • autonut55autonut55 Member Posts: 4
    I can ABSOLUTELY say that the Navi on the 2011 is NOT a touchscreen. My wife is quite unhappy about this as she feels this is a big step backwards. There is no way it could be because the screen is located way back on the dash behind a plastic shield. My wife is strongly considering a Sienna just because of this one feature. The Toyota Navi IS much better and is a touchscreen. You cannot, however, set destinations on the Toyota Navi while you are in motion, which is stupid if you have a passenger who is doing it. The basic navigation and software on the Honda Navi is the same as before, but it is now controlled with the joystick and voice control (which we hate and they really tried to sell this as the way to go).
  • grover432grover432 Member Posts: 11
    In the next month, we will be making a mini van purchase decision. We are considering the 2011 Sienna and 2011 Odyssey.

For those who have purchased a 2011 Odyssey (or test driven one), can you provide your driving impressions? Which did you prefer overall (driving, comfort, noise) if you test drove? If you bought a 2011 Odyssey, did you compare it to the 2011 Sienna and if so, what made you decide in favor of the Odyssey?

I know the exterior styling is controversial (some say it is ugly), but that isn't really my concern at this point. I would just like to know what people think about living with the 2011 Odyssey. Almost all of the motoring magazine reviews talk about the features, but neglect to talk about the driving experience.

Thanks in advance (we won't see the 2011 model in Canada until the end of the month).

Bob
  • daman92daman92 Member Posts: 7
    While “all-new” and sporting a somewhat unconventional design, there’s a lot about the 2011 Odyssey that’s familiar. Most importantly, the engine and chassis are carryovers, hinting that while Honda is optimistic about growth in the minivan segment, they aren’t betting on it.

link title
    link title

Instead, Honda decided to focus much of its engineering talent on improving and perfecting the functionality of the Odyssey rather than reengineer it; and that’s smart thinking as there’s no reason to knock either the chassis or the engine. Quite the contrary.

link title

BEST-IN-CLASS FUEL ECONOMY
    Thanks to modifications to the engine, use of Variable Cylinder Management (VCM), a lighter overall curb weight and a sleek aerodynamic body, Honda wears the fuel economy crown in the segment. The new rating is an impressive 18-mpg city and 27-mpg highway, which bests the Toyota Sienna’s 18/24-mpg rating for the V6 and is even better than the 4-cylinder Sienna’s 19/24-mpg rating. And Honda even offers a six-speed automatic transmission on top trim Touring models which then get 19/28-mpg – family sedan numbers.

link title

It’s also nice to know that with the improved fuel economy, performance hasn’t been sacrificed. Miniscule increases in engine power put the new totals at 248-hp and 250 ft-lbs of torque and when combined with a reduced curb weight of 103 lbs., the Odyssey delivers best-in-class acceleration. Sure you might not be lining up at a stoplight with the Odyssey, but this improvement will come in handy when you’ve got a full load.
    :) :shades: :)

link title

link title
  • luvinlifeinflluvinlifeinfl Member Posts: 19
    I test drove the 2011 Odysessy EX-L with RES last week and I wanted to drive it home! It was very comfortable and noticably quieter than my car right now. I actually liked the exterior styling more than I thought when I saw it. I guess it doesn't come across too well in photos as I was worried that it would look like I was driving a hearse but its really looked quite stylish. I'm definately going to buy one but will wait until it finally dawns on the dealerships that they can't expect MSRP in a recession.
  • caliali27caliali27 Member Posts: 2
    I drove the '11 Odyssey on Monday and the '11 Sienna yesterday. I have never owned a minivan, nor have I ever driven one, so I was a clean slate in terms of comparing them. I drive a Toyota Highlander but plan to move up to a minivan with our growing family.

While both redesigns have lots of bells and whistles at the higher trim packages, I preferred the DRIVE of the Honda. Felt like I was still behind the wheel of my Highlander. The Sienna felt wider and longer to drive, more "boat like." Interestingly it is an inch or two narrower and shorter. Neither seemed particularly loud to me, but the Honda engine seemed a bit quieter than the Toyota.

After much research and now having driven both, we are planning to buy the Odyssey Touring Elite.
  • babsmillerbabsmiller Member Posts: 20
    Did you drive the Touring Elite? None of the dealers in our area have received them yet. I'm curious how the blind spot sensor works. I belive this is the first Honda with that feature as the dealers don't seem to have a clue on how it works.
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    6 months will probably save 2 grand or better.
  • pg822pg822 Member Posts: 15
    "BTW the middle console can come out all together for pass through, second row seating is MUCH improved."

Hi there... are you referring to that "middle seat" in the 2nd row or the console in the front? I want an easy pass through to the 3rd row and would like to remove that middle seat in the second row, leaving two captain's chairs with armrests. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Pat
  • lalexopouloslalexopoulos Member Posts: 9
    You can pull the center seat/console out but in another way Honda failed with the 2011, your passengers will only have an armrest on their outside arm. Honda thought it would be best to remove the inside armrest in order to
    Make the center seat larger. Look for the 2010, truth is you have to have owned one of the last 3 model years to appreciate everything that is wrong with the 2011.
  • samnoesamnoe Member Posts: 731
    edited October 2010
    I went to dealer yesterday and found an EX-L.

This thing is so ugly, horrible, even worse than in the pictures IMO. I can't think of me driving such an ugly piece. My wife asked it me if this to use for funerals...

What are the guys at Honda thinking? How could they approve it, and come up with this stupid "lightening bolt" excuse, an answer to a question no one asked?

I also do not like the grille, and the ultra-super big exterior door handles.

The interior looks very elegant and inviting, though.
  • danw88danw88 Member Posts: 3
    It uses sensors on the rear that go about 8 feet behind and 6 foot width to detect other vehicles. There are indicators on the interior on either door. The elites should arrive in a week to 10 days
  • ramssaranramssaran Member Posts: 36
    It looks like no one has Elite in stock. My local dealer said that they are getting a few Elite's by Mid November and they were sold already.
  • luvinlifeinflluvinlifeinfl Member Posts: 19
    The Elite's are out there as my local dealer has one and its been sitting there for a week for the grand price of $48000 after all the after market add-ons!
  • clermontflclermontfl Member Posts: 108
    edited October 2010
    After market add-ons are the dealers words for "We are ripping you off with putting all this extra crap on here, that you don't need." Like over-priced wheel locks..!!!

Think about, whomever has the money to purchase a $45,000 Mini-Van, do you think they live in Government Housing? Well yeah, if it's the Drug King-Pin himself, in that case put 30-inch spinning rims on it and get on with the show..!!!

***FYI*** READ THE LAST COUPLE OF WORDS IN THE PARAGRAPHS BELOW.*************

Add-on Pitfalls to Avoid on a New Car Deal

Any new car sold in the United States is required to post vehicle information on a side window. The details are designed to disclose specific manufacturing and price data regarding the vehicle. The document is a window sticker referred to as a Monroney sticker. Although the law applies to automobiles, it is not applicable to light trucks, the vast majority of sport-utility vehicles (SUVs) and passenger vans. However, here four add-on stickers generated by auto dealers to boost their sales commission:

- Additional Dealer Profit (ADP)

- Currency Valuation Fee

- Import Tariff

- Market Value Adjustment (MVA)

When negotiating a new car deal, be sure to base the negotiated price of a new car on the deducted cost of the ADP and MVA because they are superfluous charges. As for the Currency Valuation Fee and Import Tariff, these are dealer created charges that depict unsavory sales tactics.
    My current lease is up on 11/30/10, and I am going to be getting a 2011 Ody Touring. I want the Smokey Topaz color, and I obviously need it by a certain date so that I am not carless. I see that AMEX now has their pricing posted. I know that the longer I wait, the better the potential deal could be but at the same time I want the car and color that I want. Do I need to make a deal very soon and order, or do you think that there will be more availability for the Touring soon?
  • siggie1siggie1 Member Posts: 56
    The lease on my 2008 Odyssey Touring is up 11/17/10. I just talked to American Honda and one of the end-of-term options they offer is that I can extend the lease a few months (which I'm not going to take). I don't know what type of vehicle or lease you have, but if you want to wait for better pricing on the 2011 Odyssey you may want to extend your current lease.
  • larryb5larryb5 Member Posts: 7
    Just bought a new EX-L in northern Wisconsin for $1100 over invoice or
    $1994 off the MSRP, which I thought to be a fair price. Ordered the celestial
    blue metallic (they couldn't find one in the entire state) so I have to wait for a
    while. Dealer said they would probably have it by the end of October.
    We put a deposit on exactly what you want a couple of days ago (Touring, Smokey Topaz) and paid the retail price. It is scheduled to be built in a couple of weeks. I would say, however that they are not building many in this color. We went with this color instead of the dark grey metallic because we thought the interior color looks nicer in "Truffle" than the grey.
    edited October 2010
    This what I was thinking, thanks for confirming. When are you supposed to take delivery? Also, do you mind sharing the deal that you made?
    The van is scheduled to be build next week (11th-15th) and we should take delivery about a week after that. We paid retail price for the Touring model which was right at $41,000. We may add body side molding (a dealer installed option for about $250) because it looks like the large flat sides will be door ding magnets.
    We drove both extensively and ended up buying the Odyssey (our third in a row). If Honda had done their homework, we wouldn't even had considered the Sienna. Our last Odyssey was a 2006 EX-L. In 2011, you need to get the Touring to get the NAVI and Rear Entertainment system which we had on the EX-L. The thing that really annoyed my wife, however, is that the new NAVI is not a touch-screen (same software, but now uses a control knob). The NAVI on the Sienna IS a touch-screen and works very nice (except you cannot set a destination when you are moving). They both drive nice, but the Honda is more controlled and "taut". The Sienna is more floaty and less precise. We ended up settling for the Honda because the interior on the Honda is MUCH nicer and ultimately we have had got luck with Hondas so why change. The interior on the Sienna is not what you would expect on a $40,000 vehicle.
  • gene00gene00 Member Posts: 115
    edited October 2010
    Assuming your 2006 Touring was in at least 'good' condition, you didn't buy your touring for $710 over invoice, you bought it for roughly $3000 over invoice. They gave you about $2k less for your trade in than they should have. And, if you had advertised your car on craigslist or autotrader, you could have sold it in less than a day for $16k.

I'm glad you posted information about your trade in. I wish everyone posting here would do the same. Saying "I got $3k under invoice" but failing to mention that they only gave you $100 for trading in your Bentley does no one here any good.

I'm not pointing all of this out to make anyone feel bad, but to draw attention to the fact that when a trade in is involved, the pricing that you got is completely invalid for comparison with anyone else's deal. The dealership will put somewhere between $200 (cleaning materials and minimum wage labor) and $1000 (if parts are needed) into your trade, then list it for $21k and probably sell it for $18-$19k. Trade ins are enormously profitable for them, and they'll do very well with yours. I don't begrudge them this scheme, they have to make a profit to stay in business. But informed consumers can save themselves money fair and square by running all of the numbers.
  • gosaintsgosaints Member Posts: 18
    Dear anyone from Honda who might be reading this forum: I will be in the market for a van in 12-14 months from now. I really want to purchase a 2012 Odyssey, but there are 2 issues that must be addressed for the 2012 model year before I will write the check: (1) PLEASE color key the side mirrors and rear overhang to match the paint on the van. The 2011 reminds me of older Honda DX (stripped) models that sported black mirrors and door handles to reduce cost. It looks terrible. Whatever design rationale was behind the glossy black mirrors and satin black rear overhang on the 2011 has completely missed its mark. Did I mention it looks terrible? (2) Please add a smart key system on the Touring Elite. Just borrow it from the Acura RL parts bin if you have to. This feature might seem frivolous to some, but my wife has become so accustomed to it in our current vehicle, it has become a strict requirement going forward. Its sort of like caller ID in that one gets spoiled by it and can't go back. Oh, and psst...the Sienna Limited has it. Please follow suit. If you make these 2 adjustments for 2012, then you may count on my purchase. Otherwise, I will be forced to choose the Sienna Limited by default.
  • cheapreadingcheapreading Member Posts: 32
    I just ordered a Black on Gray 2011 Odyssey Touring (non-Elite). Got a great deal and I'll post specific pricing etc after delivery.

In the interim I'm looking at accessories. It appears that Honda offers a factory remote start accessory which I understand requires two parts the Remote Start (Part # 08E91-E22-101A) and the Remote Engine Starter Attachment (Part # 08E92-TK8-100). From what I can tell they don't require any splicing and are plug and play. My question is does anyone know whether these will just work or do I need a Honda dealer to install / program them?
  • lalexopouloslalexopoulos Member Posts: 9
    whatever you do, make sure you first go to Bernardi Parts .com and check out all their accessories and especially their Honda Care warranty offers (maximum coverage 8 years/120000 miles for $1300).

I have yet to find anyone cheaper on everything that they sell. They have a great customer service department that has always been able to answer any product questions I had.

I have bought for my new 2008 Touring and now our 2010 Touring and always look forward to buying different things. Happy Shopping!
  • tonsgeorgiatonsgeorgia Member Posts: 5
    Test drove the 2011 Ody EX-L with RES - not really an RES fan, but that is what they had to test drive. New Ody Interior blew away the 2011 Sienna (very cheap plastic) we test drove a few weeks ago. 3rd row seats are slightly easier to fold into the floor but not as easy as the website shows. Wide 2nd row is very nice - could come in handy with car seats/boosters. Seat belts come out of the ceiling for middle passengers and are well designed. Latch system is easy to get at. Full size front center console is great Standard bluetooth worked well. Standard large screen rearview camera is nice. Dash Electronics are very advanced. It drove well in an around the town test drive. Cool box is good, but I would rather have the dual glove box on older models. 2GB hard drive for music and iPOD/MP3 jack have unproven value to us. Did not test the RES functions.

Concerns: Loss of 2nd row under floor storage is disappointing as I think my kids will stand on the new trash bag ring and snap it off. There is a huge front blind spot when making right turns as the sloped windshield pillar is quite wide. Having a passenger in the front seat makes it even more difficult to see. Tall Drivers will get annoyed because you cannot stretch out your left leg while driving due to shortened wheel well area. Heat/AC controls are not intuitive compared to 08-09 but should be easy to learn after some time. No 2nd row inside armrests if you remove the middle seat. On styling, they really blew it with black mirrors and black rear overhang. We saw a Tafetta White 2011 Ody with added black mudflaps, black sunroof visor, and black roof rails. It looked terrible. The dealer was turning it into their shuttle van. The white, light blue, and silver colors will probably sit on the lot until they deep discount or start color matching the mirrors and rear overhang. I expect alot of the darker colors to be ordered in the meantime.

Overall, I might lean towards a Certified Pre-Owned. This will give them time to work out technical bugs, improve driver leg room, and improve the appearance. I realize engine and tranny for 2011 EX-L are the same as previous generation Ody, but I do believe the first year glitches could come up with the new electronic dashboard. Anyone seeing something different?
  • cheapreadingcheapreading Member Posts: 32
    Thanks - between Bernardi and Honda dealers on eBay that's where I seem to find the best pricing. Offering my dealer the opportunity to price match as I negotiated aggressively on the van and they were great so I'd rather they make a couple of dollars off the accessories.
  • gbitgbit Member Posts: 10
    Did anyone manage to buy the Odyssey EX-L RES in dark cherry pearl. No dealers
    seem to have this color.
  • rich148rich148 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    It appears Honda had specific design goals for the new 2011 Ody. The average customer may overlook subtle trade-offs between the old vs new model.

Design Goals

1. Remake the van concept to broaden appeal and lure younger, van phobic parents away from SUVs. The 2011 is most assuredly a van, but the marketing department tells customers how we are to perceive the new Ody...."low-slung, modern profile, both attention-grabbing and aerodynamic."

2. "Increase seating flexibility with a revised multi-function 2nd-row center seat (EX and above) with a seat cushion that is 4 inches wider." Read into this statement that they wanted this center seat to be a true 8th pax seat.

The stylish low-slung look sacrifices headroom in the middle row and reduces the rear & side outside view by significantly reducing window area. The modern lower profile dictated the larger sliding door track which was better concealed on the older Ody.

To achieve the 4 inches of room for a true 2nd row center seat, the 2011 grew 2 inches in width. The seats however became narrower. ...the Ody appears to share seats with the Honda Pilot; gone are the roomy 2010 wide seats.

Other Trade-offs

The van was stretched 1 inch to increase 2/3rd row leg room. That length & width fills up the garage and makes parallel parking more difficult especially with the restricted rear visibility related to new roof pillars. The back-up camera revised display is a help.

The Michelin energy tires are not available on the 2011EX/ EXL. Those premium tires are good for 1 to 1.5 MPG increase over standard tires. Michelin's were standard equipment in 2010.

The interior design on the 2011 is more refined, however, Honda reduced cost by replacing the handsome chrome door handle with plastic. The shift knob seems cheapened. I believe it is a step backwards to previous generation Odys to not color match the side mirror & roof line spoiler to the exterior color. I don't care for the use of a soft matte plastic on side pillars vs the harder glassy material found on the 2008 - 2010 van. The matte plastic look is downscale and does not wear well. The 2011 Touring does get the better material on the side pillars and roof line spoiler.

Roof rails are gone in the 2011. Probably improves MPG by .3%

Some customers may believe the NAVI with new recessed screen is an improvement. From experience, I would trade out the times the screen is washed out for touch screen access. Using a jog dial is awkward vs a screen touch display.

We are empty nesters who migrated from several Lexus 400s to our second Ody. We love the Ody with NAVI for comfortable travel. We don't need the 2011 2nd row seat configuration and enjoy the increased 2010 outside visibility and touch screen NAVI. One complaint with our previous 2008 Ody was road noise but the 2010 EXL we test drove was better and the 2010 Touring we purchased even better damping road/suspension noise. Overall road noise is not a negative on a 2010 EXL or Touring.

You may wish to read this review: http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/reviews/healey/2010-10-07-test-drive-honda-o- - dyssey_N.htm

There is a price increase of 3 to 4% on the 2011 vs $4K to $5K discounts on the 2010s. Also some content was removed and replaced with less expensive materials on the new model. Hopefully this post points out unconsidered details to assist in your evaluation of the 2011 model.
  • bsiebenal49bsiebenal49 Member Posts: 3
    After inspecting the new Odysseys at our local dealer, I noticed that one of the ways the US engineers cheapened up the new release is through inferior tires. I have purchased Hondas for years and usually with Accord EX/Odyssey EXs Honda used good Michelin tires. The new Odyssey through the EX and EX-L line uses Continental ContiProContact tires (235/65 R17 103T). Some early reviews indicate from a handling standpoint, traction and gas mileage these tires are mediocre at best. Now for Touring models the geniuses at Honda in Alabama went with Michelin Primacy MXV4s a superior tire and one even Honda says contributes to the better gas mileage posted by the $40k+ touring models. Ok... why did Honda ever let Americans take a lead role in design and economics on these new models. They look cheap with the non-color coded rear mirrors and ugly black mud guards. Then they put on an inferior tire worth about $162 instead of a better Michelin Primacy that cost $185... so for the difference of $23 per tire or $92 per car, Honda engineers are saying to the customer you are stuck with an inferior set of tires for 30-40 k miles or until you fed up with the Continental's performance.

I guess the competitors need another look before I write the check.

bsiebenal49
  • wiu_bimmerwiu_bimmer Member Posts: 5
    Thank you all for the replies. Well that was a stupid move from Honda. Sure all the European cars have moved to some kind of joystick/dial to control the Navigation/screen functions (Check out BMW, Audi, VW), but it sux, it is really painful to enter an address with that thing. very little intuitive for NAV. Indeed a step backwards for Honda user friendliness
  • runnur6913runnur6913 Member Posts: 16
    IM IN THE MARKET TO BUY A 2011 HONDA ODYSSEY EX-L, WANTED TO KNOW WHAT'S THE AVERAGE PRICE PEOPLE ARE PAYING. SHOULD I WAIT A FEW MONTHS? OR BETTER OFF GETTING THE 2010 HONDA ODYSSEY EX-L. WENT TO LOCAL DEALER A WEEK AGO, I LIKE THE NEW INTERIOR LOOK ON THE 2011 HONDA ODYSSEY, WAS'NT TOO THRILL WITH THE EXTERIOR. I DID'NT LIKE IT THAT THERE WAS NO BODY SIDE MLDGS. MIRRORS WAS NOT PAINTED AND THE SIDE PANELS LOOKS HORRIBLE WITH THE OPEN SPACE FOR THE SLIDING DOOR.
  • houstonhothoustonhot Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    Just bought 2011 Honda EX-L RES Topaz (two days ago) in Houston, TX. Have three little children (last was born in July) so could not wait any longer. Traded-in my wife's 2005 Toyota RAV4 L. Paid $1,000 under MSRP and got $10,800 for the trade-in which is pretty much what the Kelly Blue Book recommends for this model. The car will be delivered 10/20 the latest. The dealer gave us the top line 2010 Honda CRV as a temp until the new car arrives. As you imagine, having a second row accomodate three child seats was haven sent. We both test drove an equivalent model (grey). Liked it a lot but wanted a darker color. Probably paid more than would like but really did not have a choice: currently we are forced to use two cars if we want to go anywhere by car.
  • autowriteautowrite Member Posts: 226
    Do to my wife's back problem she has stated that the next vehicle we own MUST have a front passenger's side lumber support. I could not find this on the next Odyssey.
    If it's not a Honda what 2011 minivan or large SUV has it?
  • larryb5larryb5 Member Posts: 7
    Traded in my 2007 Chev Colorado last Friday on a 2011 EX-L Odyssey.
    Got 13000 for the trade which may be a little low, but only paid $1100 over
    invoice ($32305) for the Odyssey. Also required the dealer to have the
    Michelin Primacy MXV 4's on the new vehicle and they readily agreed. I am
    happy with the deal.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter is interested in talking with owners of the Honda Odyssey who are also parents. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Saturday, November 20, 2010 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and the age of your child/ren.

Thanks for your consideration,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds Inc.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• runnur6913runnur6913 Member Posts: 16
    HI, I HAVE 2 KIDS ONE IS 2YRS AND THE OTHER IS 3 MONTHS, I AM PLANNING TO BUY THE EX MODEL IN 2-3 MONTHS. WAS WONDERING WHAT WAS THE AMOUNT YOU PURCHASED YOUR CAR FOR INCL. TAX LICENSE & REGISTRATION. THIS WILL HELP ME ALOT!! THANKS,
  • dodgehappydodgehappy Member Posts: 118
    We are in the process of finshing up a deal on a 2011 EX, and should have the final numbers by next week I presume, when we plan to take delivery. I will be sure to let you know what we come in at.
  • danielcar2danielcar2 Member Posts: 8
    I have read in this forum that the 2011 does not come with roof rack/rails.
    We are trying to decide between a 2010 touring vs a 2011 touring, but use a Thule carrier/bubble at times. Some newer cars come equipped with attachment points for Thule rack footings (I know the Mazda5 has these w/no roof rack).
    Anyone know if the 2011 Touring comes with these footing/anchorpoints?
    What other roof rack options are out there for the 2011?
    Thanks!