Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Cadillac SRX gas issues

tiko377tiko377 Member Posts: 1
So i just purchased my 2010 srx and this is my 2nd time pumping gas into it and its really not a easy thing to do it seems, when i put the pump in the car and after about a few seconds of pumping gas it turns off........ am i doing something wrong? is my car a defect? kind of let down because other then that the car is wonderful. please help me out.

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You need to be sure the nozzle is inserted properly into the tube receptacle of the gas tank. Gas pumps have a pressure sensor that cuts off the flow of gasoline when it detects a change in the flow pressure. If the tip of the nozzle makes contact with the interior of the tube, the flow pressure drops significantly triggering the cut off.

Give that a try and tell us how it works out for you.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • pscheidpscheid Member Posts: 190
    Earth to Tiko......Tidester, hope your suggestion worked for him. Or perhaps his SRX gets 80mpg and he hasn't had to refuel yet. :)
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Or perhaps his SRX gets 80mpg and he hasn't had to refuel yet.

Ooh! I want one of those! :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • john436john436 Member Posts: 5
    This seems to be a common problem with the 2010 SRX. Caddillac has issued a bulletin on it - #P10063. I complained about the same problem and we visited the dealers gas pump and it worked on his pump. Meanwhile, I can get it to work on some gas pumps and not others. I bet they fix it for 2011!
  • doctormstein1doctormstein1 Member Posts: 3
    Bought my SRX the end of June. I have a feeling that Cadillac corrected this problem. I had a number of fill ups with no problem at all. It seems looking at the area where the nozzle goes to fill up you car has an angle at the insertion point that stops this problem from happening. I am thankfull that I bought my srx late in the season so problems like this and fine tuning of the transmission must have occurred.
  • tracerptracerp Member Posts: 3
    Purchased mine in January and that is the one thing that there is no problems with.
  • chaudhry195chaudhry195 Member Posts: 1
    Hello there,

I purchased my Cadillac SRX 2010 premium collection in Sepember 2009. I am having same issue. we have been living with this misery for two years now, took it to local dealer 3 times they said all the new cars do that where you can not latch the gas lever you have to constantly hold the nozzle to pump the GAS , i have driven many new cars even new DTS i don't see this issue on new or old cars. I am about to file Lemon law claim on this. It is really terrible when my wife drive with infant its a great deal of hassle to pump the gas when you have baby in a car seat and you are alone often times i have to get the gas in her srx before going to work. Any help will be much appreciated. Please respond ASAP what was your fix and what happened. I will really appreciate it. Thank You
  • ridelridel Member Posts: 1
    2010 SRX purchased December 2009.
    I have noticed that the paint is chipping badly on the very thin edges of my doors. Even the back doors which we don't use have chips. My dealer is fixing some other paint issues but doesn't feel that these are warrantied. Has anyone else noticed this? Any luck having it repainted under warranty?
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good evening ridel,

In reference to the 2010 Cadillac warranty, paint damage is generally not covered by the warranties on the new vehicles. I can understand how this is frustrating, however. If you would like for us to check up on things with your dealership, please send us the following information at socialmedia@gm.com: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • jewels127jewels127 Member Posts: 1
    Hi chaudhry195 . I just purchased a 2012 SRX and am having the exact same problem. I just got off the phone with the service deparment at the dealership I purchased the vehicle from and was told there is no fix for this problem and that in fact it is the pump nozzle that is the problem not the vehcile. The service person told me that it's the new CA nozzle regulation that requires the nozzle to have a plastic piece added to reduce emissions in the air. I told him this was ridiculous and that no other of our new cars has this program. He told me I need to find an old gas station that has an older version nozzle to get this to work properly. Really!?? I have to drive around to find an old gas station. This is unacceptable. Were you able to find any solutions? This is a hazard for sure. I will eventually get gas all over myself and the vehicle. Any help on how to get this fixed would be appreciated.