Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Crosstour Lease Questions

124»

Comments

• ilana16ilana16 Member Posts: 4
    Help me understand the process of negotiating a lease. What does residual mean and money factor and how would I use those numbers to lease a cross tour? In the past, I've just leased cars based on the monthly payment, but I know there must be a better way. My lease is expiring in May & I'd like to lease a new crosstour at that time.
    Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, vladrac. Honda Finance's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Crosstour EX-L 2WD 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi ilana16. You definitely should check out the following informative articles on leasing that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
  • anelleanelle Member Posts: 4
    Leased a 2013 Crosstour EX-L, V-6 (w/out Navi) for $382/month. Includes 15000K miles per year, exteneded warranty (from 36K to 45K), free oil changes, windshield protection, paint and interior protection.

Money factor 0.00074 (Equifax=698), $2500 down.

Negotiated value $32250.

I reside in Houston, TX
  • htownfanatichtownfanatic Member Posts: 1
    I reside in houston as well and was wondering which dealer this was? Looking to purchase this month. Thanks
  • slavar1slavar1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Northern NJ. I'm looking to lease 2013 Ex-l 4wdr crosstour with Navigation. Can anybody recommend any dealers around NY/NJ area. I've been working with some, but the lease quotes I was receiving are way to high.

Thanks!
  • ilana16ilana16 Member Posts: 4
    I'm finding the same issue in Massachusetts. I have a 2010 and am looking to trade for a 2013. The price difference on a lease from 2010 to now is an increase of more than $100/month. YIKES!
  • happypilot1happypilot1 Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    This might be a regional problem but I think it's more national in scope: Honda's just not dealing on the Crosstour whereas 2-1/2-3 years ago they were dumping them at 6-7K off MSRP

I went back into an email quote I saved from 12/2010 for a 2010 2WD EX-L with an MSRP of more than $33k. The lease was based on a sale price of $26186, capitalized cost of 26781, MF of .0002 and the monthly payment before state tax was $243.88. This was a no hassle/no down payment offer.

Would've probably tried to get them even lower except that we found in the test drive that rear vision was much less than we were comfortable with so the deal was a no go. Just hated passing on that kind of bargain.
  • birdlivsbirdlivs Member Posts: 18
    Hi Carman, My 2010 Crosstour lease is up soon and I'd like to look into another lease. Any udates on buy rates residuals, money factors and incentives for a 2013 EX-L 3/36k would be helpful. Thanks!
    Sure birdlivs. Honda Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 35-month lease of a 2013 Crosstour EX-L 4-cylinder 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00056 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Carman, would that apply to the EX-L 6 cylinder as well?
    Thanks Carman, would that apply to the EX-L 6 cylinder as well? Did August Change?
    Thanks Carman, would that apply to the EX-L 6 cylinder as well? Did August Change?
  • docdocdocdoc Member Posts: 1
    Hi CarMan. Looking to lease a 2013 Crosstour EX-L V6 AWD w/ Navi 3/36K. Any udates on buy rates residuals, money factors and incentives for September would be helpful. Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,702
    Residual is 47%... MF is .00043

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dkgsxdkgsx Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2013
    Hi Car_man,

What are the current 3-year lease rates for a 2013 FWD Crosstour EX-L w/Navi? I drive 8k miles per year . Are there 2014 MY rates available yet (same input)?

TIA!
    2013 FWD Crosstour EX-L w/Navi 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    The money factor is either .00033 or .00043

I'm not sure of the residual, as I don't show that model, but it is definitely less than 55%...

Sorry that I don't have better info for you...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dkgsxdkgsx Member Posts: 8
    Thanks! What about the V6 model's residual (EX-L, navi, 2wd, 12k/yr)? If you don't have 2wd data, please quote AWD.

Thanks again.
  • bonnieloverbonnielover Member Posts: 2
    MSRP 28,060. Net cap cost 25,305.32, includes $595 acquisition fee. Residual $14,591.20. $300/month zero down. It appears happypilot1 had a much better deal in 2010 at $249 for a net cap cost car of 26,186. Carman, is it possible to negotiate a better deal with the dealer than $300/month? Thanks.
  • jawjetjawjet Member Posts: 1

Looking to lease an awd crosstour 36 months, no money down I am a present honda customer with not great credit anybody know what I can expect in a lease???

• msalmondinemsalmondine Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man, I'm looking to buy an EX-L AWD and I have a few questions....Is the difference in features between the 2012-2013 models worth the price difference between the years? Also the options for the EX-L only differ in AWD or not, correct? I'm looking to buy a V6. And lastly....which is better..lease or finance? I have a NICE down payment, but shy of what I would need to purchase out-rite which is what I prefer..

@msalmondine said:
    Hi Car Man, I'm looking to buy an EX-L AWD and I have a few questions....Is the difference in features between the 2012-2013 models worth the price difference between the years? Also the options for the EX-L only differ in AWD or not, correct? I'm looking to buy a V6. And lastly....which is better..lease or finance? I have a NICE down payment, but shy of what I would need to purchase out-rite which is what I prefer..

I'm not really up on the differences between the models, but you can research it here on Edmunds, using the tabs at the top of the page. You can't really lease a used car, at least not at any sort of favorable rate. If you are looking at 2012-2013 models, you should certainly plan on buying it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• samny1samny1 Member Posts: 125
    Hi,

Do you have the MF and RV on a 2015 Crosstour 4WD EX-L V-6 with Navigation for 27 and 36 months at 12K and 15K in NY?

Thanks,

SM
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,978
    samny1 said:

Hi,

Do you have the MF and RV on a 2015 Crosstour 4WD EX-L V-6 with Navigation for 27 and 36 months at 12K and 15K in NY?

Thanks,

SM

No 2015 MF for 2015 Crosstour; in fact, no MF for 2014's, either.

Residual is 52% for 27/15 (add 1% for 12K) and 46% for 36/15 (add 2% for 12K)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

samny1 said:

Hi,

Thanks,

SM

No 2015 MF for 2015 Crosstour; in fact, no MF for 2014's, either.

Residual is 52% for 27/15 (add 1% for 12K) and 46% for 36/15 (add 2% for 12K)

The 2014 Crosstour has $3000 dealer cash, but the money factor is .00170 and the residual is 44% for the EX=L V-6 with NAV

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• borafsarborafsar Member Posts: 54
    Any numbers for leftover 2015 V6 AWD Crosstours?
    borafsar said:

Any numbers for leftover 2015 V6 AWD Crosstours?

.00165 MF and 45% residual for 36/15. Subtract 2% if equipped with NAV.

Last month there was $3000 lease cash, but not sure that's available this month. The above numbers are only good, if they are still leasing them. It's possible they've ended leases for Crosstours.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator