Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Crosstour Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,734
Ask your Crosstour lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• lasvegasrphlasvegasrph Member Posts: 102
    Hello!
    What are the current RESIDUAL VALUES & Money Factors on a 36 month 12,000 mile/yr LEASE for:
    2010 Crosstour EX and EXL in 2wd??
    Zipcode is 89123 if that matters

Is there any dealer/factory cash support for leasing?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello lasvegasrph. Honda Finance's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Accord Crosstour EX 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00137 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 Crosstour EX-L 2WD are .00137 and 61%.

If you choose to go with a sign & drive lease, these cars' factors drop slightly to .00127.

I don't believe that Honda is currently providing any dealer cash on the Crosstour.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • iluvnewcarsiluvnewcars Member Posts: 23
    While shopping for AWD cars, I stopped by my local Honda dealer for crosstour. Car drives nice.
    Offer was as follows
    V6 EX L AWD with Navi
    MSRP 36xxx
    Lease 450/Month
    All other fees rolled into monthly payment
    So: 450 due at delivery
    Good deal?
  • slc_nissanslc_nissan Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man,

Do you have the MF, Residual, monthly lease with 3K down for Crosstour EX-L (with and without the Nav system)?
    Thank you.
  • slc_nissanslc_nissan Member Posts: 6
    Do you mind if I ask how much down you put?

Is the $450 include or exclude tax?

Is this for 36 or 39 mo lease?

Thank you.
  • iluvnewcarsiluvnewcars Member Posts: 23
    O down
    $450 includes tax
    36 month lease
    12000 miles/ year
    Basically you go with $ 450 & drive home Accord CT.
  • drockholddrockhold Member Posts: 34
    I just leased a 2010 Honda Crosstour today from Alan Nott Honda in Lima, Ohio for my wife of 27 years. BTW-I love this website. I have used the information from this website for the last 5 car leases. Because of all the helpful tips and hints, I feel empowered before I start the negotiation process. My goal is to not "beat the dealer up" instead I want them to make a fair profit because I want no head aches or hassles IF an issue eve comes up. I also like the fact of free oil changes, valet service and a free loaner car. I figure "we" pay for it in some fashion. I was raised in the belief that ALL business is not obtained by price.

Therefore,

Here's the deal I agreed upon today.

2010 Honda Crosstour EX-L
    All wheel drive
    Navigation pkg.
    36 months lease
    12000 miles per year
    MSRP $36930
    Invoice $33514
    Add-on for all Chrome Wheels $1200 (included in Lease)
    Aquisition fee $595
    Adjusted Cap Cost $37983
    Residual Amount $22988
    Money Factor .00137
    Residual Pct. .607
    Monthly Payment (includes tax) is $495.76
    Amount Due at Lease inception is $734.76
    (Amt due includes 1st months payment and doc fees, cap red and DMV fee)
    Free oil changes and Valet Service
    Free Loaner car for service and repair

I was told by the finance manager that the zero down and drive and sign money factor was .00127. However, he worked it both ways and the numbers showed me that Honda adjusts the cap cost to make up the difference. Actually, the difference comes out to approximately $5.88 per month and I'd rather get the free stuff and goodies as a trade off.

Regardless of semantics, my wife is happy as heck and if she's happy so am I.

The experience was outstanding. Thank you once again for the great website here!
  • car_buyer_68car_buyer_68 Member Posts: 1
    So we just left the dealership without making a deal because we weren't 100% satisfied with it but I wanted to get some of your opinions...here is what was proposed...

36mo lease
    Accord Crosstour EX-L 2wd (with everything but Nav)
    Vehicle Price $33,280
    61% Residual or $20,301
    Mon Pymt incl taxes $487.20
    Zero Down

Another piece of the puzzle is that the dealership is offering us $16,500 for our trade in.

Thoughts??????
    I sure do, slc_nissan. Here you go. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L AWD without navigation through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00137 and 59%, respectively assuming that you qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

If you choose to go with a sign and drive lease with nothing due at signing, this vehicle's factor drops slightly to .00127.

The addition of navigation slices 2% off of this vehicle's residual value.

Car_man
    Host
    What a fantastic post. I'm glad that you find Edmunds.com so helpful. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease, drockhold. If you haven't already, make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • tex18tex18 Member Posts: 82
    36mo lease
    Accord Crosstour EX-L 2wd (with everything but Nav)
    Vehicle Price $33,280
    61% Residual or $20,301
    Mon Pymt incl taxes $487.20
    Zero Down

That seems high, what is the actual sale price of the vehicle. There are some who are getting 3-4K off MSRP. They aren't exactly flying off the lots.
  • thedrakethedrake Member Posts: 14
    What would be a Great lease price on this vehicle?
    36/mo 12K/yr $0/down
    edited April 2010
    Hi thedrake. Let's work up a sample lease payment on this car for you and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L AWD with navigation that has an MSRP of $36,930 and a selling price of $34,000 (around $500 over invoice) through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $411 assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

If we add the acquisition fee to this vehicle's capitalized cost, as one would have to do on a $0 $0 $0 $0 lease, the payment increases to around $428.

Car_man
    Host
  • jjonesjjones Member Posts: 5
    Car_Man
    Looking to lease a 2010 Accord Crosstour 2wd EX MSRP $30380 need 15K for 36 months no money down live in Dublin Ohio sales tax rate is 7% what should my monthly payment be with sales tax ? Need to lease by 4/30/10 can someone help.
    Thanks J. Jones
  • jjonesjjones Member Posts: 5
    Car_Man
    I forgot to enclude my credit scores FICO 798
    Thanks again, J. Jones
    Hi J. Jones. Let's work up a sample payment for you and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour EX 2WD that has an MSRP of $30,380 and a selling price of 28,100 ($500 over invoice) through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $325, assuming that you qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • lfa1lfa1 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a Crosstour EX-L AWD. My dealer is offering $479 for 15k with zero due at signing. They are sending me the figures but am hoping you can let me know what I should expect to see and what is a fair monthly payment. Thanks!
  • keankean Member Posts: 11
    I'm Also looking for Accord CT EXL AWD.or with nav and so far one dealer give us $424/mo - $618due at signing and $497/mo - $691 due at signing respectively with 12k mi/yr. Everything included on these offer. Is it a good deal or I still wait from some other dealer. Problem was only this dealer emailed me back and some just want me to go to dealership.
  • ilana16ilana16 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to lease a 2010 crosstour awd EX-L - NO Nav. My best offer at the moment is: $850 down (incl. tax), $324 fees due at signing, and 36 payments of $384 including tax. This is a 36 month 15K lease. Thoughts? Should I be able to get it better? This looks like a total over 36months of $14,998.
    I really don't know how to use money factor or residual value in the negotiation.
    Thanks for help in advance.
  • automilerautomiler Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    I have 2 verbal estimates from 2 local dealers with FAR different pricing. Both were on a EX-L AWD non-nav. With $2000 down one quote was $370/mo and the other $460/mo (add tax to both). Something isn't right there. I would think they all pay the same. What is a good/fair price for a EX-L AWD at 12k miles per year and $0-2k down? Thanks.
  • jj316jj316 Member Posts: 24
    Got quoted a price with nav $339 per month 36 months just tax 339 and 595 bank fee.upfront. 12k per year.
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    can you tell me where you got this great deal. I was quoted over $100 more?
    Hi lfa1. The easiest way for me to evaluate specific leases is to look at the selling prices that were used to calculate their payments. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount one is being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate.

Let us know what this vehicle's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • datographdatograph Member Posts: 4
    Car_man, I am looking at an EX-L, 2WD, with Nav on a 3yr lease with 15k miles per year (in Los Angeles, CA). Can you post current money factor and residual? Many thanks.

datograph
    Hi datograph. Honda Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Accord Crosstour EX-L 2WD with Navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00158 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Many thanks for the quick reply, Car_man. That's a big help.

Regards,

datograph
  • wtalbotwtalbot Member Posts: 14
    I haven't seen anyone bring up the lease offer from Honda on a 2010 EX 2WD, $309.00 per month, 36 months, $2299.00 total payment due at signing.

I am trading in a 2007 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe lease for a new one.

A couple questions.....
    Is there an easy way for me to firgure out the deal with less money down or if I wanted to add leather or nav?
    Is there anything I need to watch for on the trade in? Can they rip me off somehow?
  • hondamax19hondamax19 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_man,

Thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions you have been given. It is a great help. I just leased a 2010 Crosstour EX-L (no nav or real time awd). Under AHFC tier 1, what would be the approx. payment for sign and drive 36-12000 at invoice? 6% michigan sales tax, transfer plates. I have a feeling I am going to hate your answer as I thought I got a great deal. I believe they may have hidden extra finance charges (jacked the money factor up). My cap cost seemed correct. Finally, if you are in the business, what rights do I have to rescind? I just purchased Sat. night and they were shoving me into the car. He told me he was into hold back. I am paying $429 with tax but includes wheel locks, mud guards, and cargo tray (probably $300 in items). I greatly appreciate your response! Thanks again!!
  • wtalbotwtalbot Member Posts: 14
    I have been reading back in this thread and have noticed the lease prices all over the place. To try and simply this, could you possibly list the money factor and residual for the 2010 EX, EX-L, and EX-L w/ Nav all 2WD, 36 month. That should cover all 2 WD's. Is there a place to find these numbers or do we just ask for them here? Which one or both of the numbers change if you move from 12k to 15k miles? When figuring the down payment can you just divide it by 36 months and thats how much it affects the payment?
  • peterson6peterson6 Member Posts: 5
    Hi car man,

i got a quote from honda dealer at Orange county, CA.

2WD EX L with navi .
    36 mo, 15K per year, no down, DMV fee only, 477/mo w/o tax (orange county, CA).
    Any input will be helpful, thanks a lot!
    peterson6, for comparison, in Los Angeles County, at the beginning of June, I got the same lease, same car. My payment is 499 per month, all in, including tax. For some reason, they could not make it work unless I paid $172 cap cost reduction. I agreed in a weak moment!

I'm not sure if the money factor or residual has changed since then. Mine was exactly as car_man indicated in his reply to my earlier post.

We've really enjoyed the car, by the way.

Good luck.
  • peterson6peterson6 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks a lot.. Would you mind if i asked you about dealer's info? thanks datopraph..
    Not at all, peterson6. It was Keyes Honda in Woodland Hills.
    You're very welcome, datograph.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wtalbot. I'd be happy to work up a zero down lease on the vehicle that you are interested in. Let's do a zero down lease with a selling price of $500 over dealer invoice and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Accord Crosstour EX 2WD that has an MSRP of $30,380 and a selling price of 28,096 through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $332, assuming that you qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I find that keeping the value of your trade separate from the selling price of your new vehicle makes things more transparent and prevents the dealer from tricking you by playing with the numbers.

Besides, it is in your best interest to put as little money down as possible when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, you're safer going with a zero down lease.

You can still trade in your current vehicle when you lease a new one, just have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in it rather than applying the proceeds to your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, hondamax19. Let's work up a payment on this vehicle and see what we come up with. For now I will assume a selling price of $500 over dealer invoice.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L 2WD without navigation that has an MSRP of $33,280 and a selling price of 30,716 through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $397. I rolled the acquisition fee into this payment, but it does not include sales tax or the options that you mentioned.

The good news is that you don't have to hate me ;) because your payment is in the right neighborhood.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello wtalbot. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for the 2010 Accord Crosstour is .00158 for all trim levels for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual values for the trim levels that you are interested in are as follows: 60% for the EX 2WD, 58% for the EX-L 2WD, and 56% for the EX-L 2WD with Navigation.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, these vehicles' residual values would be 2% higher.

The following article describes how the addition of a down payment impacts vehicles' lease payments: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. Having said that, it's always safer for consumers to go with zero down leases. Consumers who make large down payments on leases risk losing part or all of that money if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi peterson6. The easiest way for me to evaluate this deal is to look at this vehicle's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given, and in turn whether there is any room left to negotiate.

Let us know what this Crosstour's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly give you their opinion on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • giraffehuntergiraffehunter Member Posts: 1
    This community has been invaluable over the last few weeks as I have been car shopping. This weekend I went into my local (north NJ) Honda dealer to test drive a Crosstour and I fell in love. I still had 1 month left on my Lexus so I told my salesperson that I would only deal if he was willing to cut me a check for my last payment.

With minimal back and forth on price he made me a deal I could not refuse and I am still trying to find out where the catch is...

I picked up an 2010 Crosstour EX-L without NAVI for $459.00 a month 36 Months.
    I paid $550 up front for 1st month and some of the doc fees, but they are sending me a check for $550 to cover my last payment on the Lexus.

So overall 35 payments of $459.00 for a $34K car that kicks the pants off my Lexus in terms of room, comfort, gadgets and functionality.

Is this just a good deal or am I missing something?
  • mojahed27mojahed27 Member Posts: 4
    I got a quote:
    Honda Crosstour, w/o navigation.
    $ 415, out of pocket $1,600 (Bank, DMV, 1st month)
    36 months, 12,00 miles.
    Brooklyn, NY. Class leasing.
  • yankeefan27yankeefan27 Member Posts: 3
    just leased 2wd Crosstour EX-L (no nav) using the zero down, zero 1st mo, zero secuirity dep. offer (basically what's on the Honda website) for $393/ mo. = $427.77 w/ ca. tax (@ 9%!!).

Selling price of $30,498
    12k miles/ yr.
    resid of $18,299 (60%)
    money factor .00157 (or something very close...i think...maybe...?)

note a penny due at signing, and they gave me exactly what Carmax quoted for our trade (2004 Yukon SLE w/ 66k) which was slightly more than other Honda dealerships were offering. Basically used post #37 as my target and came in a few $$ under.

Tried to deal a few times over last month or so and this beat all other quotes HANDILY! Feels like a solid enough deal, and I wouldn't have been so prepared (and willing to walk away from other offers) had it not been for this forum... Thanks All!
  • logitraxlogitrax Member Posts: 98
    edited August 2010
    Leased a 2010 EX 2WD today...to be picked up later this week:

MSRP $30,450
    Cap Cost: $26,000
    Adj Cap Cost:$26,713
    Residual: 60% ($18,270)
    MF: 0.00121
    Rolled all costs into lease; payment is $314 ($289 + $25 tax)

My only question is should the residual be higher than 60%? Since the car has to be delivered and we haven't signed, I can restructure if residual should be higher. Thanks!
  • jerry456jerry456 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all went in today to negotiate lease offer on Honda Crosstour 2wd offer with trade of my chrysler 300 , the manager actually surprise me with offer
    28000 price
    .0013100 money factor
    .58 residual
    341 a month no money down out the door
    Wanted to confirm if that was a good deal im in Charlotte NC
    edited August 2010
    By the way, my post above (#44) is on Long Island, NY. Thanks!
  • jerry456jerry456 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all went in today to negotiate lease offer on Honda Crosstour 2wd offer with trade of my chrysler 300 , the manager actually surprise me with offer
    28000 price
    .0013100 money factor
    .58 residual
    341 a month no money down out the door
    Wanted to confirm if that was a good deal im in Charlotte NC
  • bossman141bossman141 Member Posts: 56
    Thanks for the info. any way you could tell me the dealership or at least the town the dealer is in?

Thanks in advance,

John
    Sure, it's Atlantic Honda in Bayshore. I do have to note, however, that they gave me an additional discount beyond my offer price because of some damage caused on their lot to one of my other cars after it was turned in at lease maturity. Normally, I go with the Edmunds TMV, at the very least, and perhaps better depending on their incentive and holdback #'s.

I do want to say, this was my 6th car from them, with #7 coming next week and #8 in November, and I have always had great transactions with them. They provide all the info needed to work up #'s immediately upon request and my leases have always rated excellent on Leaseguide. If anyone is interested in using the same salesperson I've used for all of these transactions, please shoot me a message.

Meanwhile...anyone know if the residual should be higher? Thanks again! :)
  • bossman141bossman141 Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2010
    Thanks again for the info. I had leased a new accord form babylon Honda back in 2006. Best experience I ever had buying a car.

Would definitely give Atlantic a look. Could you email me your sales person's name?
    Bossman140"at"yahoo.com

One more question. Did you consider the Accord sedan at all and if so, did atlantic give you any numbers on the accord?

Thanks so much for your help.

John
  • ed108ed108 Member Posts: 39
    Looking to get a awd, either with or without leather (definitely no nav and no video).

What is the MF and residual for both options?

I see from the above posts everyone seems to be going for the 2wd version. I live in snowy mountains and need awd.

The advertized price says $410 w/$0 for the leather and $329 with $0 down without leather. That seems pretty good for a car that is $30K or $34K msrp.

But I would like to of course negotiate even more so if anyone has the MF and residual, please let me know. I would be top tier credit. Thanks.
  • docmridocmri Member Posts: 25
    Car-Man...
    Can you give me current MF and RV for Crosstour 2wd ex-L with Navigation for August? Am looking at 36/12 and 39/12 (if available...if not 36/12 suffices)
    I am in South FLorida.

AM looking to lease this week.
    THanks

Dan (the Car Man Fan)