Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Headlight/blinker problem- 1997 Dodge Ram 1500!

kdykes08kdykes08 Member Posts: 1
So I'm hoping somebody on here will have an idea of whats going on. So I went to turn my headlights on and they wouldn't work and my blinkers work but they wont blink. I tried to turn my brights on and my headlights started working again and still work. But, my blinkers still don't blink. Does anyone have any idea whats going on? Is it something that i can fix myself or is it something that i would have to take it to a shop for?

Comments

• KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    It's most likely a failing multifunction switch (the turn signal stalk and switch in the steering column).

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • junkeredjunkered Member Posts: 1
    I have 2002 ram1500 i have no blinkers no high beam no brake lights and no windsheild washers have already change multifunction switch there is power coming in and none going out can some body help me
  • dgegirl84dgegirl84 Member Posts: 3
    only my rear left blinker works. my right low beam works. when i turn my high beams on only the left highbeam works. i have no 4 ways. and it only does it when it rains. my blinkers will blink inside the truck fast but not outside and my four ways only blink inside not outside. sometimes the truck will tell me that there is low washer fluid when it is full. please someone help me.....i checked all the bulbs individually and they all work....im guessing that theres a short or switch that i dont know about and/or havent found yet.
  • bacollier330bacollier330 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    I am haveing the same problem on my 2002l truck. No blinkers, no brake lights, no high beams and no wipers. This is Following me installling a fuel pump. They were working before the fuel pump change and now they don't. I was wondering if you were able to find a cause. I have no idea where to go. An extra symptom is my low beam headlights and tail lights come on when I turn the key on also. They did not do that before.
  • axellenzoaxellenzo Member Posts: 1
    I just got a ram 1500 magnum v8 and the blinkers wont work. I switch the blinkers on and there is no response from the headlights or taillights but the breaklights and the headlights work. Can someone tell me if its an easy fix and if it is how to do it or if i actually have to take it to a shop to have a professional do it.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Check to see if your high beams work when pulling the turn signal stalk. If they do not, then it's likely the stalk (called the multi-function switch) that's shot. If the high beams do work, then it's probably the flasher - swaps out just like a regular plug-in fuse.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Host
  • domenickddomenickd Member Posts: 1
    I had same problem it is the module on the back of fuse box under hood the body fiunction module
  • zbucklen1zbucklen1 Member Posts: 1
    hey did you ever get the problem fixed. was it the bcm by chance
  • axellenzo1axellenzo1 Member Posts: 1
    Yes I did. It was the relay inside of the fuse box just inside of the cab. It was a circular relay switch and to replace both it cost me 6 bucks
  • shanas1973shanas1973 Member Posts: 1
    I am having the exact same problem! It all started after I replaced the transmission. I am in desperate need of help!
  • 2dodge13872dodge1387 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Dodge 2500 that is doing the exact same thing to a tee. I just got done changing the heater core and lost power to the same things exactly. I was wondering what you did to fix yours. Any suggestions would be a major help.