Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Escape Leather Seats Peeling

azro57azro57 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2014 in Ford
I have a 2008 Escape Limited. I have had this car for less then a year. My seats are starting to split and peel. I took it back to the dealer and of course they told me that I must of dragged something over the seat. I explained to them that the only thing to have been dragged over the seat was my pant covered butt and leg. These are so called leather seats!! I have 10 year old leather furniture that has never experienced this problem. I starting to think that they put Bi-Cast leather on these seats. It is a cheap imitation to real leather. They advertised these seats as premium leather!! What a crock!! I will never trust Ford again and I will probably have to pay to have these seat covers replaced. Go figure, less then 8000 miles and the premium leather is peeling. I should also state that I am a 53 year old woman with no children or animals in this car. I can't imagine what these seats would look like with a families normal use!!!

Comments

• bdymentbdyment Member Posts: 573
    This is really strange. We have had out Limited for almost two years and the seats look brand new. We have not taken any special care of the leather, just been careful. Keep after Ford. Something is wrong with that batch of leather.
  • vg33e powervg33e power Member Posts: 314
    We have a 2004 Limited and after 6 years of use no leather seat splits, cracks and/or peeling. I would say if you do indeed have only 8000 miles it is time to visit another dealer that is willing to help you cover it under warranty. Good Luck!
  • azro57azro57 Member Posts: 4
    You are lucky to have a 2004. You have real leather. I believe my 2008 seats are made out of a product called Bi-Leather. It is equivalent to particle board. If I could figure out how to post a picture to this site I would. ">
  • azro57azro57 Member Posts: 4
    YEA!! I took my Escape to another Ford Dealer and they took one look at the problem and told me it should be covered under the warranty. The service rep. made a call and came back and told me they had ordered a new cover for my seat!!!! It should be here in a couple of days!! My faith is restored that there are decent people out there that believe in the customer :)
  • tadams50tadams50 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Escape Limited and am experiencing the
    same problem with my Leather Seats----a few spots on the front passenger and driver seats---- I have tried using a leather glue--and conditioner which I use on my home furniture---I also have a problem with my reav view mirror changing tint colors on its own----don't know what this is
    about but its very annoying during the day light hours and your mirror is very dark--can't really see out of it---Checked owners manual and there is no mention of this---any suggestions would be helpful--
  • davichodavicho Member Posts: 190
    You have a electrochromatic rear view mirror which changes color of tint to provide the best view without the glare...completely normal operation.
This discussion has been closed.