Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Family is expanding

heather75010heather75010 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Chevrolet
Hi everyone... we are currently expecting our 2nd child in August and we have a SMALL Toyota Yaris. We obviously need a bigger vehicle. I'm looking at the '07 Tahoe's and Trailblazers. Which do you suggest and why? I noticed that used Tahoe's are about $25k and Trailblazers are $16-$17k. We will be trading in my Yaris which blue book for fair value is just about $7k and have about $3k saved so total $10k for a down. I REALLY want the Tahoe but just wanted to know what others thought. Is one more reliable? Does one hold their value more? etc.

Comments

• Options
    heather75010heather75010 Member Posts: 2
    I forgot to mention we have a 2 year old so there is no way we can fit 2 car seats in the back of the Yaris.
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    edited March 2010
    Well personally speaking, having had two babies grow up into driving teenagers.....for us we've had minivans and Suburbans.

Around town and the city, the mini-van (we had a chrylser T&C with the sliding doors was by far the most convenient, easy to load and unload, for them to jump in and out, etc. Also large enough to haul their friends, car pool, etc. For the early kid years I would definitely go min-van size and space.

For vacations, nothing beats the space in a Suburban, or the ability to haul 8 people/kids and all the luggage. We still have Suburban's today. If you are going to get a Tahoe, you might as well get the Suburban unless parking length is a problem where you live.
This discussion has been closed.