Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Power seats available?

mcshavemcshave Member Posts: 6
edited July 2014 in Mazda
Hi Everyone,

I test drove a Mazda 5 last weekend and was pretty impressed. However in looking at the sales brochure and Mazda's website I see no mention of a power driver seat being available on any of the trim levels. Does anyone know if this is true? My wife an I are over 13 inches apart in height so doing the full range manual height adjustment of the seat would be big pain.

Thanks!

Comments

• coolmazda5coolmazda5 Member Posts: 525
    Nope, no power seats available for any Mazda5 trim (US or Canada) :(
  • mcshavemcshave Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the response. How disappointing, that's hard to believe for the Grand Touring trim. Might still go with the Mazda anyway. We drove 2008 Sienna and Odyssey this morning and came away not that impressed. Other than the lack of power seat the Mazda is still the front runner.
  • dona83dona83 Member Posts: 67
    edited April 2010
    I am secretly hoping that the Mazda 3's optional power seat eventually makes it way to the Mazda 5 GT w/ Luxury Package here in Canada and the Grand Touring in the US. I'm 6'1" and my wife is 5'2", we only adjust fore/aft and never adjust the height though I have more than enough headroom to go up 4 maybe 5 inches, my wife likes to ride low because it somehow makes the car feel more surefooted when she's taking twisties and corners. :) You won't regret it, it's a very fun to drive un-minivan, super versatile, and heck despite it's smaller size I loaded up with things like stoves and concrete blocks that would make a full size minivan owner quiver, heck if you don't mind about 30" of plywood sticking out the back, you can carry that too. :)
  • bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    You could fit a 48" wide sheet of plywood in the back?
  • dona83dona83 Member Posts: 67
    At an angle and maybe just about 4 or 5 sheets but yes. :)
  • vicenacvicenac Member Posts: 229
    Power seats are comming to the 2011 model... if you can wait... Also better engine, 7 seats, wider seats.. all the stuff we complained about for years...
  • mcshavemcshave Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the info vicenac. We did decide to wait for the 2011, primarily since my wife really wants the 7th seat. But I will be very happy if the power seat is available too. Can I ask where you found this out?
  • marilyn24marilyn24 Member Posts: 6
    I am picking up my new 2010 tomorrow and would have waited for the 2011 if it didn't have that front grille with the big grin......kinda creepy to me. I was also disappointed they moved the tail lights lower. I would have loved the power seats and 6+1 seating but .....I guess, life's a compromise, you can't have it all, right?
    I still working on those European roof side rails that are so cool. I am talking to a dealer in the UK.
  • coolmazda5coolmazda5 Member Posts: 525
    edited July 2010
    Double check they fit. Can the dealer send you the dimensions? They look exactly the same but the actual pillars where the screws go might not be in the exact same location

And I'll wait to see the 2011, The European/Japanese model might not make it any justice. Yeah, the grin will stay, no doubt, 6MT, 2.5L with better fuel economy and other goodies might offset it :)
  • marilyn24marilyn24 Member Posts: 6
    yes, I downloaded a diagram but it wasn't very clear. Only numbers of parts and no measurements or instructions. I might take it over to a trim shop and see what they think. The US dealers haven't a clue as to fit. And besides....they sent a diagram with a Mazda 5 2007. Mine is a 2010! Still not giving up!
    I picked up my "mini me" of the big guys and love it! Black with white pinstripes....very sharp!!
This discussion has been closed.