Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

XC60 vs. Acura RDX

iluvvolvoiluvvolvo Member Posts: 3
edited July 2014 in Acura
Currently I have a Volvo V70 10 year old wagon that I LOVE. My husband would like to replace the car as it has 116K miles and I think he is worried about maybe a big repair bill down the road. I really studied the small suv luxury market and my favorites are XC60 and RDX.

to be fair, I just love my wagon so the XC60 wins points on volvo name alone. Though why I feel this way I am unsure as I had some hefty repair bills on the V70. The RDX seems to INCLUDE everything! Ride seemed a little bumpier I think but I need to redrive both again.

Anyone else struggle between these two and what swayed you either way to either vehicle? Thanks!

Comments

• dulnevdulnev Member Posts: 652
    I looked at RDX about a year ago and found it to be cramped, underpowered, and woefully unrefined compared to the XC60. In my opinion XC60's competition are Audi Q5, BMW X3, Mercedes GLK350, maybe Infiniti FX35. We bought the XC60 T6.

If you like RDX, you should take a look at Nissan Murano. It's better than RDX in many respects.
  • iluvvolvoiluvvolvo Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the feedback! we just returned home from test driving both and sadly I realized after much homework and thought process, I am simply not a crossover kind of gal. So we are getting the Volvo S80. Deal was too sweet to pass up and I just felt more at home in a sedan afterall. But after riding in both RDX and XC60 AGAIn, I saw plainly that the RDX was cramped and sooooo bouncy...
    Congratulations! At $8,000 - $9,000 below MSRP the S80 is a good deal these days.
  • iluvvolvoiluvvolvo Member Posts: 3
    I was close to 7k off MSRP....I didn't sign anythign yet and am toying with used instead....7K room for improvement you think?
    Check out zag.com (click on Buy a Car, then on American Express). It all depends on which trim and options you go with. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.