Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Leaf

13»

Comments

• early74bearly74b Member Posts: 34
    give the service guys bad marks, my dealer needed to perform an unofficial Nissan 'campaign' (snow shield and software update) as well as some post delivery things (offset steering wheel, creaky hatch strut) and it was done right the first time as well as a loaner provided so I gave them high marks. The 'problem' however seems to stem from being overly aggressive and pricey for things that should not cost so much (i.e., rotate tires, battery pack check, etc.) versus a 'standard' non-EV car or possibly just not getting an issue fixed. If you check the mynissanleaf forum you'll see both good and bad owner reviews from current Nissan LEAF owners not unlike other makes and models. Both sides should realize that there is a learning curve so there is bound to be some issues ...
  • espo35espo35 Member Posts: 144
    Fair enough- I admit that I've helped a few really, nice Leaf owners (you sound like a good guy/gal). But I must say 9 out of 10 are elitist cry-babies.
    Sorry. More than almost anyone, I wish this was not the case (it costs me money!).
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A journalist would like to speak to someone who owns a Nissan Leaf or a Chevy Volt. If you own a Nissan Leaf or a Chevy Volt and would like to share your story, please send your daytime contact information including telephone number to pr@edmunds.com no later than Monday, July 9, 2012 at 10 a.m. Pacific/1 p.m. Eastern.
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    We first became aware of the issue back in May, when owners on the MyNissanLeaf forum started to report that the battery capacity gauge on their cars was showing at least a 15 percent loss in capacity.

In one case, this had happened after just 13,633 miles and one year of ownership.

In its official response to us last week, a Nissan spokeswoman told us there were “a few isolated cases where a very small number of consumers are reporting a one bar loss,” but that “the battery will have 80 percent of its capacity under normal use after 5 years.”

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1077107_more-nissan-leaf-battery-loss-nissan- -doesnt-blink
  • kevinwfskevinwfs Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Hybrid cars are still in the developmental stages. We get teething problems but they'll improve. Once there is a consumer base, we can expect dramatic improvements as developers will be more willing to spend on R&D. Just wait ...

Home catering Singapore
    That won't help the American workers. Most of the hybrid stuff has to be built in 3rd World environments where there is little regulation. We are throwing good tax money away subsidizing the EVs and Hybrids.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    EV owners in the areas affected by Hurricane Sandy, what's your experience been? Please email smar@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information and a few words about your experience. Please respond by Friday, November 9, 2012.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Nissan launching production of Leaf in U.S.

Washington — Nissan Motor Co. said it will begin U.S. production of its all-electric Leaf on Thursday in Tennessee as part of a $1.4 billion government loan.

The Japanese automaker won an Energy Department loan in 2010 to build a battery plant in Smyrna, Tenn., and to retool to build the Leaf at its assembly plant next door.

The Leaf will be built alongside the company's gasoline-powered products.

Nissan says it is the only automaker that manufactures its own electric vehicle batteries, at the biggest lithium-ion automotive battery plant in the United States.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130109/AUTO0104/301090398/Nissan-launching-- production-Leaf-U-S-?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter would like to talk with a Nissan Leaf owner, or anyone seriously shopping a Leaf. If you can assist, please send your preferred contact information to pr@edmunds.com by April 25, 2013.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ev_curiousev_curious Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a used, 2011 Nissan Leaf. It's been an interesting experience! I had so much curiosity from friends that I began keeping a diary... follow along, if you're curious, too!

http://EVearlyAdopter.blogspot.com
  • yerth10yerth10 Member Posts: 431
    I wonder how much will it cost to make a small 4 seater EV wagon with a 300 mile range which does not have a bonnet since the motors can be mounted on axle or wheels.

Batteries can be mounted on the chassis, so this car can be just 130 - 140 inches in length, and with a smaller frame and lighter weight, it may need only lesser batteries. A small space of 10 cu. ft can be allotted for things at the back.

I wish some company makes such a car and put it to market. May be they can choose another scientist name like Volta, Ampere, Watt for it.
    It will take a lot of battery to go 300 miles no matter how small the vehicle. Add that to all the safety requirements mandated in the USA. Start by calculated how many KWHs are needed just to push enough batteries around in a vehicle. You figure the Leaf is minimalist and weighs 3291lbs with a range of maybe 90 miles. I think the batteries weigh 900 lbs. So triple that and you need a frame that would hold about 2700 lbs. Not any easy task.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

As a long time Nissan owner, I get emails from Nissan regularly, and I got one this morning pointing out that Nissan has now sold 100,000 Leafs (or would that be Leaves? :D )

I've only seen one on the road here in central PA, but I get the feeling that our terrain/weather is less than ideal for making the Leaf a practical primary vehicle for a lot of folks here.

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

Another "clean" addition to the Leaf... self-cleaning paint?

Will repelling water & oil keep dirt off? An interesting product idea at the very least

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Did you shop for an EV but ultimately decided not to buy one? A reporter wants to learn more about what went into your decision. If you'd like to help, please contact pr@edmunds.com by no later than October 25, 2014.
  • abhikuabhiku Member Posts: 124
    Mod- Can you post residual and MF for MY15 SV- 24/7.5K and 24/10K miles?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    abhiku said:

Mod- Can you post residual and MF for MY15 SV- 24/7.5K and 24/10K miles?

I see you found us in the Lease discussion:
    http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/32705/nissan/leaf/2015-nissan-leaf-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator