Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 and Earlier Ford Taurus Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
edited May 2015 in Ford
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Ford Taurus Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Ford Taurus page.

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• blueyfishblueyfish Member Posts: 36
    Can someone post the lease rate and residual for a Taurus Limited for 36 months/12K per year? Ready to pull the trigger soon.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'd be happy to help you out, blueyfish. Unfortunately, Ford's lease program for the Taurus varies by region (and Ford has a lot of regions). Its lease rate for the 2010 Taurus is anywhere from 2.5% to 5%. I would be happy to tell you exactly what lease rate is available in your area if you tell me what state you are in.

For now I can tell you that Ford Credit's current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for the 2010 Taurus Limited is 47%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • blueyfishblueyfish Member Posts: 36
    Hi Car man,
    Thanks for your response. I live in Maryland.
    You're very welcome, blueyfish. Ford Credit's April base lease rate for the 2010 Taurus is 4.0% in Maryland.

Car_man
    Host
  • kitmaxkitmax Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2010
    looking for best 24 month lease on 2011 sho (12K mi/yr) based upon following:
    Cook County IL
    excellent credit score
    0 down; 1st payment and tax upfront
    $44535 msrp
    $41326 Xplan
    was quoted:
    1.75 mf
    60%residual
    1. does $719/mo & 4219 (taxes & 1st payment) seem right?
    2. is Xplan good price for this model/year (possible to negotiate lower)?
    3. are there any Ford incentives that dealer has available (but may not have offered)
    Thanks.
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited July 2010
    kitmax,

For whatever it's worth, here are my comments...

(1) The 1.75 FMC rate is actually an interest rate. Ford does not use money factors. Some people will divide this rate by 2400 to get an estimate of the money factor (i.e., 1.75/2400 = 0.000729) and, then, use the money factor formula...

P = F x (C + R) + (C - R) / N

P = payment
    F = money factor
    C = adjusted cap cost
    R = residual value
    N = Term (months)

to get the payment. However, this only provides an estimate which, by the way, is very close to the actual payment. To be accurate, you need to use annuity equations or; if you have access to a TI83/84 calculator, you can use the TVM Solver in the finance app to solve for the payment. Or, you can use the appropriate financial function in the EXCEL spreadsheet to get an accurate payment

(2) Regarding taxes, I agree with you. lL taxes in the amount of 3,500 (4,219 - 719) seems very high. Sales tax should be somewhere around 0.08 x 41,236 or about 3,300. However, there are other items that are subject to lL tax such as the FMC acquisition fee which I'm guessing is 595. Also, dealer doc fees are subject to tax as well. And, if you're financing negative equity from a trade, that may be taxable as well.

(3) Hidden costs? Maybe. The best way to eliminate confusion and any misunderstanding is to ask the dealer for their LEASE WORKSHEET. This is a computer generated document that will tell you everytihng to want to know and, then, some. The beauty of this document is that it always tells the truth and will reveal any hidden charges. If you like, you can email this document to me at

diffeq@zoominternet.net

and I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

(4-5) The Xplan price seems like a very competive price to me. You can go to overstock at zag.com and check out dealers offering the lowest selling prices in your area. Then, see how they compare to the Xplan. Also, check out Edmunds invoice pricing as well as any incentives that are being offered. From the invoice price, deduct ALL incentives including mfg to dealer and mfg to customer and see how that value compares to the Xplan price.

Questions? Please let me know.

John
    Would appreciate response from Car man / Forum Host:
    1. can you confirm mf and residual are correct?
    2. any other thoughts/ideas about my post?
    thanks.
    thanks delta 737h.
    Would appreciate response on #6 from Car man / Forum Host:
    Can you confirm mf and residual are best possible / correct?
    Any incentives to lower price?
    Dealer also won't show me worksheet.
    Thanks.
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited July 2010
    For those interested...

kitmax provides the following information...

24 month lease on 2011 sho (12K mi/yr) based upon following:
    Cook County IL
    excellent credit score
    0 down; 1st payment and tax upfront
    $44535 msrp
    $41326 Xplan
    was quoted:
    1.75 mf
    60%residual
    1. does $719/mo & 4219 (taxes & 1st payment) seem right?
    2. is Xplan good price for this model/year (possible to negotiate lower)?
    3. are there any Ford incentives that dealer has available (but may not have offered)

============================================================

Ford's lease rate is, indeed, 1.75%. It's an interest rate and not a money factor. IF the residual and payment are correct and the $41,326 Xplan price is the "sell price", then the adjusted captialized cost is $42,772.69 suggesting that $1,446.69 has been capitalized (financed) in the lease. Because kitmax is paying $4,219 [1st payment + IL Sales Tax (no cap reduction indicated)] at lease signing, the $1,446.69 must consist of the following...

FMC Acquisition Fee........................ 595.00
    Doc fee/DMV Fees/Other Fees........ 851.69

TOTAL.......................................... 1,446.69

The bolded fees are of some concern (they're not itemized). And so, the best way to eliminate confusion and misunderstanding is to ask the dealer to provide their lease worksheet. If they don't provide it, you're not in control of the deal or not being forceful enough. There is absolutely no reason for any dealer not to provide this document.

Also, the bet here is that this vehicle can be acquired for a few hundred dollars less than the indicated Xplan price of $41,326. And, as far as I know, there are no leasing incentives for the SHO at this time.

John
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    A reporter is hoping to talk with someone who is shopping for a new Taurus or recently bought one. If you care to share your story, please email your daytime contact information and your brief thoughts on the car to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, July 23, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Hi kitmax. The lease rate that you were quoted looks high to me. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Taurus SHO is only 0.75% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. The 60% residual value that you were quoted is right on the money.

The X-Plan selling price is attractive. I doubt that you would be able to do much better than that on your own.

Car_man
    Host
  • sstampasstampa Member Posts: 8
    I am in FL - looking to lease a 2011 Limited FWD with 303A spec and moonroof and contour seats MSRP $37k...can someone tell me a good tell for 18,000 miles for 36 month lease thanks
  • sstampasstampa Member Posts: 8
    I am in FL - looking to lease a 2011 Limited FWD with 303A spec and moonroof and contour seats MSRP $37k...can someone tell me a good price for 18,000 miles/year for 36 month lease thanks
  • hillsavehillsave Member Posts: 1
    CarMax-

I live in NY & just got back from a Ford dealer & need to know if the following is a good deal:

2011 Ford Taurus SEL MSRP- $31995 w/ 3700 mi

down- $2300
    39mos/$405
    10,500 mi per yr

w/ leather trim
    Hi hillsave. The easiest way for me to evaluate this deal would be to look at this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is much more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • anaomanaom Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    Hi There,

Quick question before the end of the year. Going to try and leverage year end quotas.

Looking to lease a Taurus AWD limited for 39 mo 12/year. Anyone know the money factor (lease rate) and residual for it? Oh A previous post made mention of location. I currently reside in Massachusetts.

Thanks in advance.

Also does anyone know if the year end 1500 cash towards payments apply to leases or only purchases?
  • ajpbf7ajpbf7 Member Posts: 91
    Hello Carman,

Could you post the MF and residual for the 2011 Taurus FWD SEL for 24 months w/ 10.5k per yr? Any lease cash/dealer cash that you are aware off? I would appreciate it. Thank you.
    I'd be happy to help you out, ajpbf7. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Taurus SEL FWD with 10,500 miles per year are 0.75% and 63%, respectively in most areas (the lease program does vary some by region).

I don't believe that Ford is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the 2011 Taurus SEL.

Car_man
    Host
  • jayded6jayded6 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    Can someone please help with the lease rates on a 2011 Taurus SHO? Interest rate (money factor) and residuals for 36-39 mo, 15k miles per year? Thanks! Jay
    Here you go Jay. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Taurus SHO with 15,000 miles per year are 0.75% and 50%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 1.0% and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • huskie13huskie13 Member Posts: 10
    Are lease figures out for the 2013s yet, I have on order a 2013, SHO Black on Black... with 402a, Nav, Roof Adaptive Cruise, Contour seats, 20" wheels

have not negotiated final price yet.
    36 or 39 month lease
    I will be doing 10,500 miles per year.

Thanks
    Brad
    Hi Brad. Ford has indeed published a lease program for this car. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Taurus SHO with 10,500 miles per year are 0.5% and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 0.75% and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jontyreesjontyrees Member Posts: 160
    I'm a financial guy, but I'm still baffled by the lease calculation. Can anyone explain what the base lease rate equates to in terms of APR, and why it would change from 0.5% to 0.75% when going from a 36 to a 39mo lease?
  • mmisheffmmisheff Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I am looking at a 2012 Ford Taurus SEL AWD with equipment group 202a, leather heated seats, moon roof.

MSRP is 36980.

Dealer is offering a price of 31,980.

1. Is this a fair price for the car? They showed me invoice of 33102.00
    2. I would like to lease the car versus buy.
    3. Drive 15000 miles per year
    4. 36 month lease.
    5. What is the current APR/MF and residual?

Dealer is telling me 4.9% and residual of 19,229. That seems off to me.

Thanks!
  • cwa318cwa318 Member Posts: 79
    Carman.........

Please post current lease information for the 12 SHO for 36 & 39 months and 15k & 18k miles. Thank you very much!

Carl
  • tonyc76tonyc76 Member Posts: 3
    I am interested in leaseing a new SHO, I have never leased before and I was wondering what a good deal would look like? I have excelent credit. I would like to put 0 monty down, since it is a lease, unless that is not a good idea? Also, how do the SHO handle the snow? I know that they are not a explorer but are they able to get you home in a snow strom? Thanks!
    Hi jontyrees. Lease rates are essentially APRs. Manufacturers' interest rates on leases vary from model to model and from term to term.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Carl. Ford Credit's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Taurus SHO with 15,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 46%. the numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 0.5% and 44%.

The residual values for a lease with 18,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Ford is providing a whopping $3,250 cash incentive on leases of the SHO right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tonyc76. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its base lease rate.

I would be happy to use Ford Credit's actual lease program to work up a payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you if you provide me with its MSRP and dealer invoice price. You can find that data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • huskie13huskie13 Member Posts: 10
    Could you update the lease information for April, my car just arrived at the dealer. 2013, SHO Black on Black... with 402a, Nav, Roof

I am going to try to get the below worked out
    Sticker $44,785
    invoice $41,233

what rebates are out there that i should be getting

36 / 39 month 10,500 lease on the 2013 SHO
  • cwa318cwa318 Member Posts: 79
    edited April 2012
    Huskie.......

I just received the following information from a central Florida Ford dealer on the 2013 SHO

MSRP 47375
    Selling price 42969
    Less rebate of 1000
    24 - 58%. Money Factor - .25
    36 - 49%. - .50
    39 - 47%. - .75

I found most Ford dealers mark up those rates by at least a point however this is a great price on this car. Hope this helps! By the way those residuals were for 15k a year.
  • chad75chad75 Member Posts: 109
    Are there any recent updates on 2012 SHO lease values (found some nearby dealerships that still have 2012 SHOs they're trying to offload)? Also, any additional incentives besides the $2,500 shown on the Ford website?

Ideally, 10k, 12k, or 15k lease for 36 months.

Thanks!

P.S. This is for Florida (southwest)
    Hey chad75. Ford Credit's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Taurus SHO with 15,000 miles per year are 0.5% and 49%, respectively.

The residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. The 10k residuals would be 3% higher.

I believe that Ford is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the '13 Taurus SHO through Ford Credit.

The numbers for a 2012 model are 0.25% and 46% with a $3,250 cash incentive.

Car_man
    Host
  • kbill07kbill07 Member Posts: 30
    Hi Carman,

Are there any lease rebates on the 2013 Ford Taurus Limited models. Can you also list the money factors and lease rates for 24 mo and 36 month lease and 10.5k miles. Also, I went on Ford's website and the lease payments they were spitting out seem pretty low. A lease for a fully loaded Limited Taurus ($38k msrp) less $4k down payment (assuming I can get $4k off selling price with a combination of rebates/discounts) was $409/month. Do you think those are fairly accurate and that is something you can go to a dealer with?

Thanks
    Yes there is kbill07. Ford Credit's July base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Ford Taurus Limited 2WD with 10,500 miles per year are 0.25% and 62%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.5% and 53%.

Unfortunately, the lease calculators that appear on manufacturers' websites are often not very accurate. I don't know that this is the case specifically with Ford's site, but it often is.

Car_man
    Host
  • sps9sps9 Member Posts: 1
    Carman,
    Can you please provide the 2012 Lease rates and residuals for a 15k per year lease on a 2012 Sho for 24 months and 36 months

Also does ford offer a higher mile lease 20K per year?

Upfront mileage penalty vs at end of lease as well.
    Thanks a lot Carman
    Here you go sps9. Ford Credit's August base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Taurus SHO with 19,500 miles per year are 0.5% and 53%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 0.25% and 43%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take the massive $3,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of the '12 Taurus SHO into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • pb83pb83 Member Posts: 1
    New to the lease world and wondering if the lease prices will be the same amongst local dealers. I have a deal in the works for a 2013 SHO with Z plan. MSRP is 44500 and with z plan it drops to 40300. There is also around 2k in incentives. They said with 4k down, it would be $448 a month for 24 months and 15k miles. Not sure how they got that number but does that sound correct? Thanks. This is in upstate NY.
  • 83racecrew83racecrew Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

I was wondering what the current rates and residual from Ford were for the 2013 Taurus SHO. 36 month term with 12000 and 13500 miles are the 2 scenarios I am considering.

Thank you.
    Hello 83racecrew. Ford Credit's January base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Taurus SHO with 12,000 miles per year are 0.25% to 0.5% (varies by region) and 52%.

The residual value for a lease with 13,500 miles per year would be 1% lower.

There's a lot of lease cash on this car as well that you need to make sure to take into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • 83racecrew83racecrew Member Posts: 6
    Thank you. I ended up leasing the Taurus. The dealer really put a good package together, though I was skeptical as the car had 1700 miles accrued by the sales manager.
  • theericharris1theericharris1 Member Posts: 13
    What kind of real numbers are you guys getting?

I'd like to see lease numbers (excluding tax) for 36 months and 15k miles a year with $0 down.

I can't believe the residual is only 52%, needs a lot of incentives to make this compete with other $40k+ sedans.
  • jlinfljlinfl Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

I'm looking to lease either a 2013 Taurus Limited or SEL (2WD) and was wondering what the current rates and residual were for a 24 month term with 12000/yr. I currently have a Ford Red Carpet lease (now my 8th Ford vehicle with one) and was also wondering if the Ford Lease Loyalty program incentives might provide something as well. I may also have a friend write me in under their Ford AXZ plan as an option if better.

Quite a bit here but wanted to frame out all my options prior to going on site.
    Currently the limited's MSRP is $37,290. For the SELs it's $32,960.

Appreciate anything you can share.
    edited February 2013
    Wow, your eighth Ford, jlinfl. That's one loyal customer :). Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Taurus Limited 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.25% to 1.5% (there's not much of a difference, but the exact rte varies by region) and 51%.

There is a $500 to $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car, which again varies by region.

Current Red Carpet Lessees are eligible for another $1,000 on top of that, which is a nice perk.

Car_man
    Host
  • gbriankgbriank Member Posts: 220
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO w/ Performance Package

Money Factor and lease rate for 3 year lease with 12,000 mi year?
    Hi GBrianK. Ford Credit publishes lease rates, not money money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Ford Credit's base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Taurus SHO with 12,000 miles per year are 0.25% to 0.5% (they vary by region) and 52%.

There's lease cash on this car that varies by region as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • gbriankgbriank Member Posts: 220
    Thank you, CarMan. Your numbers saved me in F&I. He tried to sneak by a rate of 1.5% (pad his pocket). I nixed that but good. With all of the incentives, I got 10.7% off MSRP and the current lease offer was fantastic (bested the finance handily).

Thank you for all of your hard work!!!!
    Glenn
  • newbee007newbee007 Member Posts: 7
    Can you please post your deal break down.

thank you
  • newbee007newbee007 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car-man

can you please provide the lease rate and residual for the SHO for April and also all the incentives that are Available In Michigan that you are aware of.

thank you
This discussion has been closed.