Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Hyundai Elantra

Comments

• sarah2175sarah2175 Member Posts: 76
    edited April 2011
    I agree with you. I work 10 miles from where I live, so I'm only commuting 20 miles a day. My mpg is averaging anywhere from 22-25. And the previous times I have filled up, it said I had around 330 miles for the range, but the last time I filled up it went down to 302! What the heck?
  • bricknordbricknord Member Posts: 85
    I've read a lot of positive press about the car, so I decided to go take a look. Only drove it for about 10 min.

I drove a GLS automatic. It was the only car they had available to test drive. The salesman was quick to tell me that Elantras were selling right off the incoming list and were in very short supply.

My main areas of concers were what I've read as negatives in reviews. First, weird steering feel, and second suspension concerns...i.e. jittery ride, etc.

Here are my pro/con list from my driving impressions:

Pro: Very upscale interior for a car that stickers at $18500. Elegant HVAC controls look like they were pulled from a much more expensive car. I normally hate beige interiors, but the beige in the Elantra is actually more like a mid-2000's VW Passat beige, in other words a darker more butterscotch color, not light tan like Americans expect. For what it's worth, our VW clients (used to sell them) hated the more buttery beige at the time...don't know if it will be a problem for Hyundai like it was for us. I thought the two-tone treatment and upscale-feeling and looking cloth seats helped out, and I actually found myself liking the beige interior. The Cruze and Mazda3 come closest to the Elantra inside than anything else I've seen so far in a small car. VW should be ashamed of themselves. If I still sold VWs, I would not want to have much time inside an Elantra--depressing.

Pro: Roomy back seat! Holy cow! I checked out a Focus today, and didn't even drive it because to my dismay, the rear legroom was horrible. The Elantra has very surprising rear seat room. Having a young one, I also appreciate the harder seat backing on the front seats--very durable versus little girl feet. If you want a small sedan and have kids in car seats, look no further.

Pro: Smooth automatic and plenty of acceleration. I was surprised at how smooth the automatic transmission shifted. Hardly knew it was there. I'm a confirmed stick shift fan, but I could live with this automatic. Unlike most small 4-cylinders, the autobox doesn't kill this car. Nice job.

Pro: Styling. I have read some criticism that it's too over the top. On the contrary. Gorgeous. Looks expensive.

Con: Beltline too high. All cars are going this way and it annoys me. Pretty soon we're all going to be driving cars with the visibility of an Audi TT. Not the end of the world, but our 2009 Honda did a better job here. The beltline felt lower.

Con: Steering. While not absolutely awful, it was very vague and artificial feeling. Little to no road feel or feedback. The electric steering in the Cruze is far superior, for instance. The steering in my current DD, a Mazda5, is also much better.

Far more pros than cons. If you have never driven a car with really good steering, you might not even care that it sucks in the Elantra. It's liveable for someone who doesn't know better. All in all, a fantastic car. I'd own one as is and learn to live with the tiller. Super strong value proposition for $18k range, assuming you wait a little while until supply catches up to where you can haggle a little. Good job, Hyundai. Very impressive. This car is going to sell WELL.
  • idoc2idoc2 Member Posts: 78
    Just put down money on a 2011 GLS for delivery within the next few weeks. I want to buy a mini spare and jack to replace the silly air pump with goo. Does anyone know where it is safe to place the jack (front and back) so as not to damage the car when changing a tire?
  • bricknordbricknord Member Posts: 85
    Typically, there will be a little indentation in the metal or the weld flange under the rocker panel where it is obvious. There is typically one front and back on each side. Haven't had a chance to specifically look under the Elantra rocker yet. The good news is, it will likely have instructions on where to jack the car, along with an illustration, in your owner's manual.

If you go to myhyundai.com, I think you can download the manuals from them. I know GM does this as well with most of their cars. No need for a paper manual anymore with a free download.
  • lcw1lcw1 Member Posts: 36
    Check the numbers on the 2011 Hayundai Sonata. Same story with sales through the roof but the real story is the number of 2011 used Sonatas on the market (over 3600) and you can have one with less then 20,000 miles and nicely equipped for $15,000. That's almost 25% hair cut within one year. Next year should be the story teller for the Elantra so hopefully it will better than that of the Sonata.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    edited April 2011
    Maybe YOU can find a nicely equipped 2011 Sonata with less than 20,000 miles for $15k or less, but the least used expensive 2011 Sonata within 500 miles of me (which covers a large area including Twin Cities, Chicago, KC, Milwaukee, and Indianapolis) is $16,995. If I take off the mileage limit, the lowest priced 2011 Sonata within 500 miles of me is a stripped GLS AT (plastic wheel covers, no options) with 29.4k miles for $16,390, and it's 360 miles away. And that's a LOT of miles for a car that can't be more than 15 months old. No wonder it's only $16.4k.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    Same for me in central TX...24-30k mi for $16,999. GLS, plastic wheels etc.

That's about 17% off of Edmunds TMV for a new one.
  • am1698am1698 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2011 hyundai elantra, after having it for 200 miles,( 1 week) it did the same thing......won't start!!! I was stuck in a parking lot!!! Went back the next morning....started right up like nothing happened. Anybody else have any problem with this, and is it ongoing or ever happen again?
  • sarah2175sarah2175 Member Posts: 76
    Did you happen to take it to the dealership???
  • am1698am1698 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, They found nothing wrong!!! I hope it was just a bug that worked itself out!
    edited May 2011
    I finally got to drive the 2011 Elantra thanks to a nice agent at Avis in Austin who went through their inventory until she found something other than the usual Versas/Sentras I seem to get a lot of lately, then grabbed it off the lot fast. I specifically tried Avis instead of Hertz because I have been told by Hertz they don't buy Hyundais anymore. Anyway, I got a dark blue GLS AT with no options, only 1200 miles on it, and drove it to/from the airport and around Austin for a couple of days.

* Comfortable driving position, with good thigh support. Armrests are nicely padded. Thick wheel adjusts for tilt and reach.
    * Roomy back seat (although no one had to ride back there during my rental, I checked out the seating anyway). Trunk is roomy for a small car also, and there's a remote lid release on the key fob.
    * Quiet interior. Engine was normally very quiet and only a muted growl when pressed. Not much wind noise although there was a stiff breeze sometimes. The most noticeable noise was the slap of tires on expansion joints etc., but those were pretty muted also.
    * Smooth ride. I need to see how it is on the frost-heaved roads where I live, however.
    * Fuel economy: I averaged 33.1 mpg per the computer for my rental. Given that a lot of the time was spent on city streets and stopped in traffic jams and stoplights, I think that is pretty good. On my drive from the airport to the hotel, about 10 miles and almost all freeway, the computer showed 42 mpg when I got off the freeway.
    * Styling: unique styling inside and out, which I mostly like, except it does make entry tougher than on taller cars and cuts rear headroom a bit.
    * Controls: Mostly have a quality feel. I'm not a fan of the chrome plastic round knobs for temperature and fan, however. They feel cheap to me compared to HVAC knobs on other cars (like on my Sentra) that have rubber grips and have smoother operation. I did appreciate the buttons on the wheel to control the trip computer. I've always wondered why that control is usually someplace that is hard to reach when driving. I also appreciated the blue illumination on almost every button. And there's a temperature gauge vs. the idiot light common in economy cars these days.
    * Transmission: Very smooth for a conventional automatic. Not quite as smooth as a CVT, though. :)

Dislikes:
    * Steering: There's a disconnected feel to the steering, i.e. if I moved the wheel a bit, I had a feeling that it wasn't doing anything. The car tracked straight and didn't require constant corrections, just a little "looseness" in the steering. So I could live with it.
    * "Reverb": This is hard to explain and will sound strange, but I thought the car made an odd noise when it went over bumps. The noise sounded to me as if there's this strong metal box, and someone is tapping the box with a padded mallet. Not a loose sound, or obnoxious, just something I don't hear in other cars.
    * Radio display: It's slanted up with no shade, so it was sometimes washed out by the sun.
    * Center dash vents: They're placed low on the dash, but the main problem was they are small--too small for Texas heat IMO.
    * A few cheap bits: Overall the interior quality was good, but there were a few cheap bits e.g. sun visors (not illuminated on this car, that's an option) and cheap plastic accent panels on the doors (cloth inserts are an option). The wheel covers were tolerable but not Hyundai's best effort... might need the optional alloys. Also I was sorry to see the Reset button gone from the clock--I always liked that feature on Hyundais.

The bottom line is, I would consider this car when it's time to replace my Sentra in a couple of years. But I wouldn't be willing to pay much more than for a car like the Sentra. The Elantra is a nice compact, but IMO doesn't have a significant advantage over the Sentra in ride, handling, interior room, driving position, real-world fuel economy, controls/displays, NVH, or materials quality. And the Sentra is about $3000-4000 less these days than a comparable Elantra GLS. Of course, the premium pricing we see on the Elantra today could be gone in two years.

OTOH, within two years there will be a new Sentra. And I look forward to driving the new Impreza also.
  • hhr06hhr06 Member Posts: 47
    JUST SIGNED IN SEE IF IT WORKS
    FLORIDA TO NORTH CAROLINA BY WAY OF INTERSTATE 95 65- 72 MPH NOT ONCE IN 550 MILES OF DRIVING DID I HIT THE SUPPOSLY 40 MPG GOT AVERAGE 36 MPG. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG. 4TH TANK OF FUEL . SALES PERSON TOLD ME SHOULD SEE 29 AND 40 BY 3RD TANK. DAMN STICKERS ON CARS FOR MPG ARE NOT ANY THING TO LIVE BY. O WELL GUESS I CAN LIVE WITH 36 MPG. O BY THE WAY THIS MPG IS WITH ME FIGURING IT OUT NOT BY THE ON BOARD COMPUTER. LEAVING NORTH CAROLINA HEADING BACK TO FLORIDA ON WED SEE WHAT HAPPENS THIS TIME. WILL LET U ALL KNOW. OTHER WISE CAR IS GREAT ALL AROUND.
  • dodgeman07dodgeman07 Member Posts: 574
    edited May 2011
    On your fourth tank of gas you got 36mpg? That sounds pretty good to me but I realize it's not the 40mpg you want. Assuming you have a little over 1,000 miles on the car, some improvement should come after full break-in. I disagree with the salesperson who stated you should get 29 & 40 by the 3rd tank of fuel. The car is nowhere near broken-in that quickly and driving conditions play a huge roll also.

36mpg going from Florida to N.C. (increasing elevation) on a new engine is pretty good. You should do a bit better going home with 37-38 being very possible. New Elantras are starting to show up in my area and look very nice. The styling is similar to the Sonota but the smaller Elantra wears the lines better to my eyes.
  • sockerssockers Member Posts: 4
    I have been trying to get mud flaps and the all weather floor mats for my 2011 Elantra. The dealership doesn't have them yet. Canada has them though. I spoke to the service department and was told that it may be 4 months before the dealerships get these accessories. I called Hyundai USA customer service and was told they have no time frame to have these accessories available. I live in Michigan and apparently some Detroit dealers have the mud guards but when the service dept called one dealer in Troy, Mi it turns out that they have an after market mud guard but it doesn't fit very well.

What's up with Hyundai dragging their feet on getting these items to the dealerships?

John
  • 07740774 Member Posts: 8
    Preowned 11 Sonatas with under 10k miles have in my experience been selling for very close to brand new 11 Sonatas identically equipped.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Don't know what you are referencing exactly as your experience....car ads?, word of mouth?, other forums? etc. but if you are talking about dealers advertising a used 2011 Sonata GLS at say $19,500 and also see ads for new Sonatas at the same price, they are probably not selling for the same price. There is usually a lot more play in the used car price. The used car is probably actually going for $17000-$18000 while the new car is going for what is advertised or very close.

I see this kind of thing all the time for all diffrerent brands of cars in the car ads. People say "why would anyone pay the same for a used car?". Well, the answer is they aren't.
  • bigdogbitubigdogbitu Member Posts: 39
    I have been waiting too!

Hyundai has really missed the boat here!
  • telephonytelephony Member Posts: 8
    Hey All,

Just heard Hyundai has ceased production of 2011 Elantras in an effort to switch production to the 2012 model. They should be out in June/July.

:)
  • nin70nin70 Member Posts: 3
    I have been waiting for 5 weeks now for a silver 2011 Elantra limited with black leather interior. Why is it taking so long? I am almost tempted to cancel the order and go with another manufacturer. Anyone else have to wait this long??
    wait just a little longer, took me 3 months and finally got it YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED, ARE YOU GETTING THE WORKS ON THE LIMITED?
    Yes, my car is fully loaded. Why does it take so long? What colors did you get? Were you dying every day while you were waiting for your car?
  • rabbitboyrabbitboy Member Posts: 2
    Maybe you are heavy or you have a lot of luggage?
  • lightfootfllightfootfl Member Posts: 442
    Has anyone heard of the Touring being dropped from the line? Someone in the Accent posts mentioned it, but I haven't found anything about it. I am hoping they bring a 2012 with 6spd transmission. Otherwise I also hope they make/bring a Sonata Wagon/5dr.
    Van
    i have bronse with 2 tone interior brown and tan interior, cant really say i was dying, i had a 2010 mazda 5 van so if the elantra came ok if not ok also i really wasnt foaming at the mouth dealer keep in touch as i gave them a $500 DEPOSIT.
  • veda75veda75 Member Posts: 2
    Wow, I've only been waiting two weeks since I put down my deposit but it feels longer since I'd decided to buy it at the Dallas Auto Show April 10th. I keep hoping every day that it will finally be the day...very frustrating.

I also want the Silver Limited with Navigation, but gray instead of black leather. I don't want to roast in the Texas heat.
  • veda75veda75 Member Posts: 2
    Based on your post, I called in to check on mine and it already has a serial number so it's already made thank goodness! You put me in a panic! ;)

Hopefully it will be here early next week!! yay!
  • telephonytelephony Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2011
    Personally, I wouldn't take a 2011 now unless it is highly discounted (1500+ off MSRP)

Here is more info on the 2012 release... They should be in dealers by late May or Early June. Of course, every dealer is going to tell you it is going to be "FOREVER" until they show up so buy my 2011 now..... However, Shawnee Mission already has three on their website:

http://www.shawneemissionhyundai.com/inventory.php?type=New&make=HYUNDAI&model=E- - LANTRA&stock=HC&bodytype=ALL&searchtype=&Submit=

ENJOY:

Hyundai Motor America is pleased to announce the release of the 2012MY Hyundai Elantra. The 2012MY Elantra is rated among the highest in residual value according to ALG, continuing its strong resale performance from the 2011MY when it won the ALG Residual Value Award for the Compact Car segment. The Elantra also continues to deliver 40 MPG highway standard; no other competitor offers 40 MPG highway for all trim levels. Elantra also delivers “class-above” interior roominess. Elantra is categorized by the EPA as a mid-size car rather than a compact car like Civic or Corolla. With 40 MPG highway, “class-above” interior roominess, and a starting price of $15,195, the 2012MY Elantra delivers exceptional value.
    Fuel economy is the most important purchase reason for the compact segment, especially with gas prices exceeding $4 per gallon in many areas of the U.S. To deliver better fuel economy, all 2012 Elantra automatic transmissions are equipped with an Active Eco System to improve real world fuel economy. The Active Eco System modifies engine and transmission control for improved fuel economy by smoothing out throttle responses. By selecting the Active Eco button, drivers can realize up to a seven percent increase in real-world fuel economy.
    NEW EQUIPMENT HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2012MY
    • Active Eco System is standard on all Elantra automatic transmissions to improve
    real world fuel economy up to 7%
    • Front fog lights added to the GLS Preferred Package to enhance the front
    exterior appearance
    • The GLS Preferred model adds a passenger side sunvisor extension to complement the
    driver side
    • The Limited badge was redesigned for better visibility
    • The horn sound was improved to sound more prominent on all trim levels
    Standard and Optional Features
    GLS Manual Transmission
    The Elantra GLS M/T MSRP is priced at $15,195, excluding $760 freight, and includes the following standard features:
    1.8L Nu MPI 4-cylinder engine
    6-speed manual transmission
    15-inch steel wheels with full wheel covers and P195/65R15 tires
    Motor Driven Power Steering (MDPS)
    Advanced dual front airbags with Occupant Classification System (OCS), front seat-mounted side-impact airbags, and roof-mounted side-curtain airbags
    Vehicle Stability Management (VSM), Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and Traction Control System (TCS)
    Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Brake Assist, Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), 4-wheel disc brakes, and Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
    Adjustable head restraints for all seating positions
    Daytime running lights
    AM/FM/XM® Satellite Radio/CD/MP3 audio system with 6 speakers and iPod®/USB auxiliary input jacks
    A/C prep package
    Trip computer =i>Power windows with driver’s auto-down, power door locks, dual heated power outside mirrors, and remote keyless entry system with alarm
    Tilt steering wheel
    Front 2-speed intermittent wipers
    Map lights with sunglass holder, dome lamp and cargo area light
    6-way adjustable driver’s seat including height adjustment
    Front passenger seatback pocket, front and rear door map pockets
    Center console with storage compartment and armrest
    Lower multi-box with cover
    60/40 split fold-down rear seatback & rear center armrest with cupholders
    Tinted glass
    Bodycolor door handles and mirrors
    Rear defroster
    Trunk lid inner cover
    GLS M/T Options:
    GLS Comfort Package – M/T only ($1,250 MSRP):
    Air conditioning
    Cruise control
    Telescopic steering wheel
    Solar glass
    Windshield shade band
    16-inch steel wheels with full wheel covers and P205/55R16 tires
    GLS Automatic Transmission
    The Elantra GLS A/T MSRP is priced at $17,445, excluding $760 freight, and includes the GLS manual transmission content plus the following:
    6-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC®
    Active Eco System
    16-inch steel wheels with full wheel covers and P205/55R16 tires
    Air conditioning
    Cruise control
    Telescopic steering wheel
    Solar glass
    Windshield shade band
    GLS A/T Options:
    GLS Preferred Package – A/T only ($600 MSRP):
    16-inch alloy wheels
    Steering wheel audio controls
    Bluetooth® hands-free phone system with Voice Recognition
    Fog lights
    Cloth insert door trim
    Sliding center armrest
    Illuminated vanity mirrors with extensions
    Illuminated ignition

Limited
    Limited with standard 6-speed automatic starts at $20,445, excluding $760 freight, and includes all the GLS Preferred Package plus the following:
    17-inch alloy wheels with P215/45R17 tires
    Power tilt-and-slide sunroof
    One touch up drivers window
    Leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
    Leather seating surfaces
    Heated front and rear seats
    Black chrome grille
    Side repeater mirrors
    Limited badge =ul>

Limited Options
    Technology Package ($2,100 MSRP):
    Navigation system with 7-inch screen
    Rearview camera
    360-watt premium audio with external amplifier
    Automatic headlamps
    Proximity key entry with electronic
    push button start =i>Immobilizer
    Model
    Code Model Engine Transmission MSRP
    -------- --------------- ------------ -------------------------- --------
    45413F45 Elantra GLS 1.8L 4-cyl. 6-Speed M/T $15,195
    45412F45 Elantra GLS 1.8L 4-cyl. 6-Speed A/T w/ SHIFTRONIC® $17,445
    45412F4P Elantra GLS 1.8L 4-cyl. 6-Speed A/T w/ SHIFTRONIC® $17,445
    45442F45 Elantra Limited 1.8L 4-cyl. 6-Speed A/T w/ SHIFTRONIC® $20,445
    45442F4P Elantra Limited 1.8L 4-cyl. 6-Speed A/T w/ SHIFTRONIC® $20,445
    -------- --------------- ------------ -------------------------- --------
    Model codes ending in “P” indicate PZEV model
    Just took delivery of 2011 Elantra GLS. The power door locks "lock" when the car is put in drive which is good. What I don't like is they "unlock" when the car is put in park. I can't find anything in the owners manual about this feature. Does anyone know how to disable the "unlock" feature? Thanks.
  • troy3162troy3162 Member Posts: 2
    I'm happy to say that the engine starting issue has not repeated itself. I'm still having the problem with the passenger outside mirror not working. So far they've replaced the inside switch and it didn't solve the problem, then they said it was the entire mirror assembly that needed to be replaced. Found out last night that wasn't the problem. Have to pick up the car today still not repaired after 3 months with them toying with it. They now say it's another switch that needs replaced and of course it has to be ordered. I'll let you all know if and when they ever get it fixed. They're running out of things to order! Maybe the complete door will be next?
  • rtzrtz Member Posts: 1
    You just made me sick with this.....
    I just picked up a GLS w/ the prefered package for $18,000. Should have held out for a month or so.....
    I'm enoying the can but man the engine and road noise is loud!!
    Here's what the dealer said on this isue:

Reprogramming the auto door lock / unlock for your Elantra needs to be done here at the dealership by one of our techs. It's not something that takes a long time in the shop (probably less than a half-hour) but it should be scheduled anyway.
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    Looks like Hyundai needs more capacity!

Expanded engine production
  • delaluzdelaluz Member Posts: 48
    Hyundai is releasing a "Sonata wagon" called the I40 in Europe. At this time I don't think there are plans to bring the I40 here. I would encourage everyone looking for an "upgraded" Touring to contact Hyundai & tell them to bring the I40 to the US.

There are plenty of pictures out on the web of the I40. I have owned two Elantra hatchbacks (a 2001 with auto and 2007 with manual ) and I currently own a 2007 Sonata. I love hatch backs but I traded the 2007 Elantra hatch for the 2007 Sonata because I needed a bigger car.

After driving the Sonata I felt the "perfect" car for me would be a slightly smaller Sonata hatchback that had a firmer ride. Based on what I have read about the I40:
    -It will have a ton of room.
    -It should get at least 30+ on the highway depending on what engine they put in it. In Europe Hyundai will offer several engine options including a diesel.
    -It should have a "bigger car" ride than my old Elantra hatch.

If you like wagons or hatches check out the I40 on the web & let Hyundai know you they should sell it in the US.

Berto
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    I am surprised no one has picked up on this yet...

2011 Elantra Top Safety Pick Press Release

Full listing of all picks
    I saw it reported in the paper yesterday. Really great news for small-car fans--several others made the Top Safety Pick list too. The Elantra has come a long way since it regularly got "Poor" ratings on some of the IIHS tests i.e. side impact. I am glad to see Hyundai stepping up its game in crash protection on even its small cars.
  • bpollenbpollen Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2011
    I don't want my car locking and unlocking on its own. It's just one more thing to malfunction in the future (and it will), and I can certainly press a button to lock and unlock myself. I think the cars are getting carried away with gizmos and gadgets. I want a car that is solid, reasonable cost, rides smoothly, low cabin noise, reliable, good appearance, nice upholstery and interior, and gets decent gas mileage. With all the new gizmos, I get a picture in my mind of me driving down the road with doors locking and unlocking, windshield wipers wiping on their own (or stopping on their own), a/c turning on and off on its own, and a host of other things altering on the car as I drive along, with me not being able to do much about it all. All of that seems irritating to me. I'd rather be in control of all those things.
    MAN FEEL BETTER NOW SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF RANTING AND RAVING THERE, WHY NOT JUST ENJOY YOUR NEW CAR OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BY THE WAY YOUR DEALER CAN FIX THAT DOOR LOCK PROBLEM FOR YOU.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    BY THE WAY YOUR DEALER CAN FIX THAT DOOR LOCK PROBLEM FOR YOU.

heh...sure can. I think the point was you'll need to fix it...
  • sivicmansivicman Member Posts: 32
    I didn't take it as a lot of ranting and raving. He was just expressing his opinion on what he looks for in a car that their getting carried away with gadgets. I can totally relate to what he is saying. I had the same problem with my 2007 Civic when I brought it home it had the automatic locks and I felt trapped. The nice thing Honda tells you in the owners manual how to disable it without taking it back to the dealer.
    HOW DO U FEEL TRAPPED? JUST UNLOCK THEM YOURSELF B 4 U START
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Why don't you just hit the "caps lock" key off before you post then? It's really easy. Looks like you're shouting at everyone.
  • rich9035rich9035 Member Posts: 1
    If anyone that cannot find a spare wheel and full size tire lives in the ocala florida area, TEE PEE TIRE ON PINE AVE. will set you up with a wheel and full size tire for under 100 bucks. You will have to cut the foam piece down to fit inside the spare and the spare fits in the well perfect.
  • rabbitboyrabbitboy Member Posts: 2
    WHY?

A solid rubber spare tire is going to weigh 40lbs to drag around every single day.
    edited May 2011
    I ordered my 2011 Elantra and was told the wait would be 2 1/2 months. All the cars that came in did not come with my interior (black leather). I was told I can do special orders. In the end I called Hyundai corporate because my dealer would not give me a build date. I was told they do not do special orders. I spoke with the manager at my dealer and he said you will be waiting a long long time for the black interior (well past 3 months). I should have been told initially that Hyundai does not do special orders. I am disappointed because I was mislead and lost a month waiting for a car with specifications which had a slim chance of coming in. As a result, I canceled my order. I will now consider a Ford. And besides their cars come with a spare mini-tire.
  • borgward3borgward3 Member Posts: 6
    When to do first oil change 2011 Elantra Limited? Nothing in the owners manual saying when, only regular oil change interval.

Doing it myself as Round Rock Hyundai ruined our first 2011 Elantra when they did the first oil change. Had to wait 3 months to get the car replaced.

Wondering what weight oil to use as we are having an extremely hot summer. They recommend 10w -30, 5w -20, 5w -30. I am thinking 10 w-30. The dealer said to change every 3750 mile. What should the interval be for synthetic?
    thetic?
    Oil filter for regular oil?
    Oil filter for syn
    What Happened that they had to replace your car? just for a oil change
  • borgward3borgward3 Member Posts: 6
    The engine seized. We insisted on a new car. Would you trust a shop that cant do an oil change to rebuild or replace an engine. Not me.

We had to wait 3 months to get the next new one. They sold our first one used for more than we paid for it new. Round Rock Hyundai did not report to Equifax that the engine had been ruined and rebuilt and/or replaced.
  • dodgeman07dodgeman07 Member Posts: 574
    My sister of all people (owns 2 Toyotas) sent me this link to CNNMoney's review of the new Elantra. Perfect car? They think so...........

CNNMoney.com
  • bpollenbpollen Member Posts: 11
    LOL!