Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Vehicle History Report

maddog0324maddog0324 Member Posts: 55
edited September 2014 in Pontiac
I am looking to find the previous ownership history of my vehicle: 2008 Pontiac G6 Sedan, VIN 1G2ZG57B884202259. I had purchased this vehicle in July 2009 with 19000 miles. I now have 42000 mainly highway miles on it. I recently had the vehicle serviced and was alerted by my mechanic that there was some unusual wear on the outer edge of the tires. An alignment check showed that the alignment was out of specification on all four corners. A four wheel alignment procedure was performed. Now the right side front and rear are within specifications, but the front left caster and rear left camber are at the high and low end, respectively, of specifications. I suspect previous abuse has damaged the suspension on the left side, but there are no physical signs.

Comments

• Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello Maddog0324,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I can look up any service information done in the past on your vehicle if you would like me to? If you have any specific questions please let me know. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • Options
    Mariah,

Thank you for your offer. I am looking to find out if a suspension alignment procedure was performed prior to this year. I suspect my vehicle was formerly a rental unit and an alignment was performed to make it driveable instead of replacing the damaged components. I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide. Also, if any member has access to any of the vehicle history report databases, I would appreciate it if they could run my vehicle history prior to July 2009.
  • Options
    Hello Maddog0324,
    When I looked up your VIN it does show that it was a fleet vehicle. However, in the service history it only shows one thing at 18K miles. Remote control door lock transmitter replacement. It doesn't show anything else under service work performed. Now it is possible that they either had their own mechanic or took it to a private mechanic, from which I will have no records that I can find on it. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • Options
    flyingoliveflyingolive Member Posts: 1
    Hey Mariah,
    I noticed your many posts and was wondering if you could help me as well. I just purchased a preowned 2009 G6 - VIN #1G2ZH57N794130351. My 2004 Pontiac
    Grand AM SEII, which I purchased new, got totaled in a crash, so due to financial
    considerations, I was forced to buy a used car fast. Although the car appears to be
    well maintained, and the Carfax came up clean, I am starting to experience "buyer's
    remorse" after reading some of these blogs. Can you check this car out for me to give
    me a little peace of mind? I got a really good deal, and considered purchasing an
    extended warranty (I think 95% of the time they are a waste!), but didn't.
    FlyingOlive
  • Options
    tam17tam17 Member Posts: 1
    Could you please look up information on a car that I just purchased? The vin # is 1G2ZH57N794107376. I purchased this car with 29,000 miles on it and was just wondering about it. Thanks in advance for this help.
  • Options
    pat635pat635 Member Posts: 1
    Another source for vehicle histories is www.vehiclehistory.gov. The National Consumer Law Center has recommended this site. It collects data from Secretaries of State from 46 of the 50 states, salvage yards, insurance companies, and other sources.

Using this source can also reduce the chance of buying a car with a "washed" title.
  • Options
    Use this as a starting point:http://www.vehiclehistory.gov/index.html
  • Options
    cgtxholdemcgtxholdem Member Posts: 2
    Hi Mariah,
    I'm seriously considering buying this used vehicle with VIN 1D4GP24393B280085. I've heard CarFax is unreliable and was really hoping you could help me out with the vehicle history on this one. I really appreciate your help! Have a fun Memorial weekend!

Cathy
  • Options
    Cathy,

Unfortunately, I do not the vehicle history available to me. This is something you will need to contact the dealership directly about.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • Options
    cgtxholdemcgtxholdem Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! I went ahead and purchased a report package from autocheck.com
This discussion has been closed.