Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Volkswagen Golf Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
edited April 2015 in Volkswagen
Ask your Golf lease Questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• jlouis99jlouis99 Member Posts: 2
    Since it seems I can't send a private message, is the money factor for a 2010 Golf TDI public knowledge? If so, what is it for 36 month lease? I may go 39 months, if more advantageous. Just want to be sure I am quoted the correct money factor.

Thanks for replying!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi jlouis99. I don't know about this car's money factor being public knowledge, but I can tell you what it is.

Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Golf TDI 4 Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00202 and 55%, respectively.

I don't believe that Volkswagen is providing support on 39 month leases right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • the_yeomanthe_yeoman Member Posts: 27
    CarMan,

Can you please provide the current lease rates and residuals for the 2010 Golf 2.5L for 36 and 48 month terms?

Thanks!
    Here you go, yeoman.

Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Golf 2.5L 4 door with 15,000 miles per year are .00069 and 50%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00150 and 43%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • joeauto2010joeauto2010 Member Posts: 11
    I'm looking to lease a VW Golf 2 Door HB Automatic for 36 months/36k miles. MSPR $19,086.

Can anyone provide me with the money factor and residual for this car?
    I'd be happy to help you out, Joe.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Golf 2 Door with 12,000 miles per year are .00042 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • dragosdordragosdor Member Posts: 5
    Dear Car Man,
    I am thinking to lease a 2010 or 2011(depends on availability) GOLF TDI 4door, DSG with xenons and Dynaudio.
    Can you help me with the money factor, residual value and monthly payment for 36mo/minimum miles with no money down?
    Thank you!
  • neil41487neil41487 Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking for Sept/Oct MF and Residual for a 2-Door Golf 2.5 with the following options and MSRP at 12k and 15k miles and zero down:

- Automatic Transmission
    - 17" Alloy Wheels
    - Bluetooth Kit
    - Cold Weather Kit
    - Carpeted Mats Kit

MSRP: $21,618 (with destination included)
    Tax: 6.25% (MA)
    I'd be happy to help you out, dragosdor.

Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 4-Door 2011 Golf TDI with 10,000 miles per year are .00187 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 model are .00187 and 55%.

I would be happy to use these numbers to work up a couple of sample payments for you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with the exact MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least the MSRP and dealer invoice price for the models that you are interested in. You can find this pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, neil41487.

Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value doe a 36 month lease of a 2010 Golf 2-Door 2.5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00050 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • landerblanderb Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    I'd like to know current (Jan 2011) money factor and residual value on a 36 month lease w/ 15K miles for the referenced model, please - and if you know them, the acquisition fees and incentives for Jan, if any. Thanks in advance!
  • landerblanderb Member Posts: 2
    got the following info from a local dealer - .00223, 53%, $1000 VCI cash incentive to dealer for writing new leases - can you verify? Thanks!
    Hi landerb. VW Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Golf 4 Door 2.5L with 15,000 miles per year are .00098 and 53%, respectively.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the Golf through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • mike_in_nepamike_in_nepa Member Posts: 16
    I am looking at leasing a Golf TDI. What is the money factor on the Golf TDI? What is the residual for the Golf TDI on a 36 month lease with 15K miles a year? Thanks in advance.
    Hey Mike. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Golf TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00179 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • treyonetreyone Member Posts: 5
    I plan to lease a Golf or Jetta with my college age daughter (hopefully this weekend).

Currently, VW advertises lease specials for both. For a 2011 Golf 2 dr, 36 month, 36K mile lease they advertise a monthly payment, but don't tell you what the interest rate is:

http://web.vw.com/templates/Service?serviceName=vwoffers_golf

Does anyone know what the actual money factor or interest rate is for this lease? Is there still a $1000 incentive to the dealer at this time?

Also, is the money factor the same for the 2011 Jetta S lease:

http://web.vw.com/templates/Service?serviceName=vwoffers_jetta

Thanks very much for any help! I'm kind of surprised that the APR is listed for the purchase specials, but no APR or money factor for the leases! That makes it hard to shop...
    Hi treyone. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Golf S 2-Door with 12,000 miles per year are .00078 and 53%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 Jetta S Sedan are .00112 and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
    Car man--

Thanks so much for the information. It'll be really helpful to figuring out a deal!
    By the way, Car man, do you know if there is a $1000 incentive on the Jetta also?
  • dcc71dcc71 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

Do you have the February lease rates for the 2011 Golf TDi? Also, do you know if VW has guidelines or a limit on how much the dealer can mark up the MF?

I'm remotely helping a friend in California negotiate his car and the quote he has looks to have the interest rate marked up by 2.5% versus the previously posted January rate.

Thanks for your help.
    D
    You're very welcome treyone.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey treyone. Volkswagen is currently providing a $250 cash incentive on leases of the 2011 Jetta Sedan SE through VW Credit. This incentive rises to $500 on Jetta Sedan SE models with the Convenience Package and the Jetta Sedan SEL.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello dcc71. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Golf TDI 4-Dr with 15,000 miles per year are .00187 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Dealers are allowed to mark up VW Credit's money factors by a whopping 0.00125 if they want to and can get away with it.

Car_man
    Host
  • mylesm01mylesm01 Member Posts: 6
    Car_man,

I'm interested in leasing a 2011 Golf 4dr Automatic with Sunroof. Could you please let me know the current money factor and residual for a 36 month lease with 10k miles per year? Also, do you know whether Volkswagen dealers can use the manufacturer-to-dealer incentive available through 3/31 on leases?

Thanks!
    I'd be happy to mylesm01. Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Golf 4dr AT with Sunroof and 10,000 miles per year are .00100 and 55%, respectively.

The dealer cash is not compatible with the special lease program, but there is a $25 cash incentive that is.

Car_man
    Host
  • seinbelldseinbelld Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Can you please provide the money factor and residual for a 2011 Golf TDI 4dr DSG for 36 months and 10k, 12k and 15k miles/year? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Hello seinbelld. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Golf TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00181 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher and the residual value for leases with 10,000 miles per year are 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • juiyuanjuiyuan Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Can you please provide the money factor and residual for a 2011 Golf 2.5 5spd for 36 months and 10k, 12k and 15k miles/year? and current incentives for May? I'd appreciated your help!
  • johngtjohngt Member Posts: 19
    edited May 2011
    I second that request for May lease program rates on the Golf 2.5 but also interested in the Automatic if it varies from the manual.
    Thanks.
    Here you go juiyuan. VW Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Golf 2.5 4 Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher. the residuals for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year are 3% higher.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this car through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi johngt. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. The type of transmission that your car has should not have any impact upon its lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • jcockerjcocker Member Posts: 18
    Hi Car_man - Can you provide me with the June lease numbers for:
    2011 Golf TDI 4 door DSG
    36 months - 15k miles

Much much appreciated
    Here you go jcocker. VW Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Golf TDI 4-Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00174 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    Hello Car_Man.

I need the money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 4 door Golf TDI, 10,000 miles per year, updated for July.

Thank you!
  • martvwmartvw Member Posts: 2
    I would appreciate the latest numbers for 24 and 36 month leasing on a 2011 4 door Golf TDI auto for 12k and 15k.

Any incentives for Aug or Sept?

Thanks.
  • schusieschusie Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man, I looking for the money factor and residual for a 2012 Golf 2.5 2dr with the convenience package. Thanks for your help.
    Here you go schusie. Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Golf 2.5 2Dr with Convenience and 15,000 miles per year are .00084 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • leetchie69leetchie69 Member Posts: 10
    Carman,

What is the MF and Resi for 2012 Golf 2DR TDI with Tech package?

Do they offer 10k, 12k and 15k?

Any incentives at the moment?

Thanks!
    Greetings leetchie69. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Golf 2-Door TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00167 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. The 10,000 mile per year residuals would be 3% higher.

Volkswagen is not currently providing any cash incentives on lesses of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • 19491949 Member Posts: 59
    Hi Car Man,
    Could you please tell me what the current RV & MF numbers are for a 2012 Golf TDI 4Dr MT
    (Sunroof & Navig.)?
    This would be for a 24 month lease @ 12k mi. per yr.
    Thank you!
    edited April 2012
    Hi Car_man.

I would like the April residual value and base money factor for a 3 year lease of a Golf 2.5 Automatic, 4 door with Convenience Package, 10,000 miles per year.

Thank you!
    Hi Car_man.

Could you also please provide me with the April residual and base money factor for a 4 door base Golf TDI, automatic, for 3 years, 10,000 miles per year. I'm shopping around!

Thank you!

hpowders
    I would be happy to help you out, 1949. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Golf 4Dr TDI with 12,000 miles per year are .00164 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey hpowders. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Golf 2.5 w/Convenience and 10,000 miles per year are .00014 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Sure hpowders. VW Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Golf TDI with 10,000 miles per year are .00164 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • 19491949 Member Posts: 59
    Thank you, Car man, I really appreciate the info you provided. This helps with my leasing decision.
    Thanks for your help, Car_man, with the base Golf and TDI. I will be looking at the base Golf this Monday. I notice there is $750 cash toward the base Golf lease. :)
    You're very welcome 1949. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
    Any time hpowders.

Car_man
    Host
    edited May 2012
    Hi Car_man.

A VW dealer has a 2012 2.5 4 door Golf with Convenience and Sunroof, but I'm not sure if the money factor and residual for 10,000 miles a year, 3 years are the same as for the Golf with Convenience only, which you recently told me are 0.00014 and 53%. Would you please check on this?
    Thanks! :)

hpowders