Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2002 Lincoln LS Sport Package

lincoln7777lincoln7777 Member Posts: 4
edited September 2014 in Lincoln
I have one of my cars for sale, and have recieved an offer to trade for a 2002 lincoln LS with sport package. It has a V-6, with 116000 KMS. I have researched them as much as i could and it seems that aside from a leaking valve cover problem, and a coil issue caused by the leaking valve cover, the V-6 model is a pretty solid car. Is there anything else that I should be looking for, or any problems that arise around this KM range?

Comments

• toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    check all the windows, window regulators fail. Listen for clunk in front end, that's the sway bar bushings, might have been fixed by '02. I think '02's were a pretty good year, sport package is a plus. Check out the climate control too, There is a dual climate control valve (DCCV) that fails. I need to replace mine on my '05.
    V6 models are a bit more reliable than the V8's
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
  • antoniukantoniuk Member Posts: 8
    It's the other way around. The V8 models are more reliable than the V6. The V6 is a Ford Engine the V8 is made by Jaguar. Really depends on how well the car was taken car of. The V8 has plenty of power not sure how well a large car like that will run on a V6. Adequate I suppose. I guess it's up to you. Have a mechanic check it out for your for $100 bucks you won't be sorry.
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Actually the V8 is a Jag design but made by Ford in a Ford plant. It's significantly different from the Jag version in the Stype. The engines themselves are bulletproof - both the V6 and V8. Only the valve cover gaskets and COPs were faulty.
This discussion has been closed.