Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Service Manual for 2007 Outlander XLS

wagsivwagsiv Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Mitsubishi
Does anyone have a link to a FREE service manual (not owner's manual) for a 2007 Outlander (XLS)?

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    One place to try is your library's online offerings.

Online Repair Manuals
  • wagsivwagsiv Member Posts: 2
    Thanks; had already tried that and struck out which is why I asked the other members if they knew of one.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, it's hit and miss.

I found this link (Outlander_XL_Service_Manual.rar) but didn't try to download it. It may be for non-US spec Outlanders (diesels, etc.).

Anyone?
  • panda4panda4 Member Posts: 1
    can someome help me install a cabin filter?????
  • batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606
    My wife has changed the cabin filter in my Outlanders. It may appear simple but it needs careful hand and fingers. She describes the procedure like this:

1-Open the bottom glove compartment
    2-Detach the small black plastic strip on the right hand side
    3-Press both edges of the hard plastic glove container very firmly (this was very difficult) until the plastic detaches from the little black plastic knob on either side.
    4-When 3-happens the container collapses down disclosing the cabin filter space. It shows the old cabin filter.
    5-Pull out the old filter taking careful note of the original position, so that you can put in the new filter exactly in the same geometry.
    6- Job done!!
    Outlander Service manual is usually in CD/DVD and can be ordered at a price from a dealer or from www.helminc.com. If you don’t want to pay then a Mitsubishi dealer manager can help you to get one free of cost.

Every year each dealership receives a number of CD/DVD (e.g. Outlander 2007, Outlander 2008, etc) that is generally used in its service department for consultation. Quite sure the service department is using the 2010 version CD/DVD so the old version CD/DVD is being putting aside without use. Talk with an employee of the service department and offer $10 per a copy.
  • comem47comem47 Member Posts: 399
    edited July 2010
    Batman, you must have a real nice dealer!!! Why would the service dept knowingly sell something that would help you avoid using them for service (especially below cost)?
    :confuse:
    You may be OK, but indeed my dealer in California offered me a free CD/DVD 2007 in May 2009. I think very few owners would like to apply maintenance procedures in the CD/DVD because the majority of procedures require SST (Special Service Tools) and a ramp.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    Thanks for the post. I had no idea how to change the cabin filter, read above, had it out in about two minutes. It looked really dirty, too, picked up a new one at auto zone, and it's good to go.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
This discussion has been closed.