Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Buick Regal Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go cnote2. Ally's current base leaser rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Buick Regal Turbo T5 with 12,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for the T6 model are exactly the same.

General Motors is currently providing a $3,300 cash incentive on 36 month leases of this car through Ally. In addition to this, there is $500 bonus cash. I'm not sure if the $1,000 dealer cash that you mentioned is available in conjunction with the special lease program, but I suspect that it is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi arlene61. Yes, you can lease any car that you want without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. Having said that, you will still have to pay things like your vehicle's first month's payment and acquisition fee at lease signing, unless you choose to roll them into your monthly payment.

I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact Regal that you're interested in for you if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and dealer invoice price. You can find these numbers over on the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • magicbob1magicbob1 Member Posts: 8
    Good morning,

Based on your post:
    General Motors is currently providing a $3,300 cash incentive on 36 month leases of this car through Ally. In addition to this, there is $500 bonus cash. I'm not sure if the $1,000 dealer cash that you mentioned is available in conjunction with the special lease program, but I suspect that it is.

Is that what the other poster's dealer was basing their $99 and $129 mo leases on?

Could you quote for a 36 mo lease with 0 down, so all taxes, mv fees etc in the lease. Low mileage - 10M per year, excellent 727+ score.

Delivery to Plainfield NJ.

Thank you.

Bob
    Forgot the invoice: $26,995

Bob
    Hi Bob. I have no ide what those leases were based upon, but I guarantee you that one cannot lease a Buick Regal for $99 or $129 per month without some sort of catch, like a huge down payment.

I'd be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and dealer invoice price. You can find that pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi,

I did supply the sticker in message #106 yesterday following this message as I had forgotten it LOL

$26.995.

What is your name?

Bob
    Hey Bob. That's the dealer invoice price, which is definitely helpful, but one needs the full MSRP as well (both numbers) to calculate a payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • zeenzeen Member Posts: 401
    FC Kerbeck, Palmyra NJ
    Their current deal on a Regal (non-turbo base model) is $0 down, $185/mo for 24 months. Includes $4475 lease cash (everyone qualifies), $2000 GM in market incentive (if qualified) $750 USAA rebate (if qualified), $500 customer appreciation certificate (if qualified)
    With all of these "if qualifieds" the deal had gotten signifantly worse.
    Hi FC,

Presume I don't qualify for the 2000 GM in market incentive (if qualified) $750 USAA rebate (if qualified), $500 customer appreciation certificate (if qualified) and quote me the 0 down lease with all taxes & fees.

I am not a USAA member, but do advise what I need do to qualify for the other 2.

Thanks
    Bob
    Hi,

I could have sworn that was the sticker. Then I don't have the number #, but so you can quote, it was for the base model, not the turbo, no added pkgs.

Presume I don't qualify for the 2000 GM in market incentive (if qualified) $750 USAA rebate (if qualified), $500 customer appreciation certificate (if qualified) and quote me the 0 down lease with all taxes & fees.

I am not a USAA member, but do advise what I need do to qualify for the other 2.

Please provide your name & contact # in case I need to call you.

Thanks
    Bob
  • tgaydoshtgaydosh Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know what the current lease incentives are on the Buick Regal. I am a CT resident and qualify for the USAA rebate, military pricing, and the GM card bonus ( $1500)?
  • rallye350rallye350 Member Posts: 13
    Car_man-

Can you tell me what all of the incentives currently are in OH for T06 manual trans and also what the residual and money factors are for 36 month lease with 18,000 miles/yr? Also please give any insight as to whether I will be able to use GM Card earnings and GM Card bonus earnings to reduce cap cost with other incentives. Thanks.
  • zeenzeen Member Posts: 401
    I am not FC. That is the name of the dealer that advertises in my region.
    Subtract $30 for every $1000 of lost incentive as a rule of thumb. My guess is about $105 more per month without those incentives
  • abm2abm2 Member Posts: 4
    Posted this on the price paid and lease forum:
    Just leased the TR02 CXL Turbo. After some negotiating, the rebates listed on the PO was $4,050, including the ALLY incentive. My total OOP for TT and first month and dealer fee was $1,500 ( I gave in to it) and the monthly payment is $285 for 39 months, 10,000 annual miles, no diposition fee and ALLY does tack on $2,500 to the residual if you want to buy it at the end. I do not think I could have squeezed the price much more. I tried the CXL but just did not think the base engine would keep me happy coming from BMW and Infiniti the past 15 years. The turbo has enough kick for me to not have buyer remorse. Steering is light but I can see myself adapting because the car gives a solid firm ride and the rest is very nice-both interior and exterior.
    Hi Bob. You can look up the full MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact model that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

If you provide me with both of these numbers I will be happy to work up a sample lease payment for you.

General Motors is currently providing a $3,300 cash incentive on 36 month leases of this car through Ally. The other incentives that you mentioned are likely direct mail pieces or something along those lines that you would have to physically have in order to take advantage of.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings tgaydosh. General Motors is currently providing a $3,300 cash incentive on 36 month leases of the 2011 Buick Regal through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello rallye350. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Buick Regal T06 with 15,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Ally publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Yes, you should be able to use your GM Card earnings in addition to the $3,300 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • kmhawkkmhawk Member Posts: 3
    I am in the process of negotiating a lease in Georgia on a 2011 Regal CXL (RL1 base model) with lis price of $26,995. The lease would be for 39 months, 15K miles/year and no money out of pocket at all. I am told the payment after tax would be $298/mo. Having to go with the non-turbo as the lease prices seem much higher on turbo model due to low residual.

Not sure if this is a good deal or not but would appreciate any feedback.
    Hi,

The last reply took 3-4 days. Is it possible to correspond by email? You can reach me at ads955 at yahoo. Please reply with your name and phone number.

Here is all the pricing info directly from the Buick site:
    Price Details in Zip Code:07060
    2011 Regal CXL CXL #1 MSRP* starting at $26,360
    Destination Freight Charge $860
    Options Total $0
    Stone Metallic $0
    Ebony, leather-appointed seat trim $0
    2.4L ECOTEC® DOHC 4-cylinder engine $0
    6-speed automatic transmission $0
    AM/FM/XM stereo system with CD and MP3 player $0
    Total MSRP $27,220
    Total Cash Offers -$500*
    Price $26,720*

Also quote on 2011 Regal CXL CXL #3 Total MSRP $28,065
    Total Cash Offers -$500*
    Price $27,565*

Thank you

Bob
    Thanks for the info. Please let me know if this calculation then is correct. MSRP = $33,500. Selling price = $32,000. Residual = 46% of $33,500 ($15,410). Cap cost equals $16,590. Can I then use the Ally $3300 allowance and my $2000 in GM Card earnings (bonus and regular earnings) to reduce the cap cost to $11,290? If that's the case, I'm coming to a before tax monthly lease rate right around $300. A few weeks back I had a dealer quoting me over $400 with tax and about $1200 down which seems high given this information. Please point out any error in my calculation or confirm that this is correct. Thanks!
  • ddeliseddelise Member Posts: 353
    The Cap Cost will be the $32000 minus the $3300 minus the $2000, plus maybe the acquisition fee, dealer fee, taxes, etc.
    Car Man-

As was pointed out, my lingo wasn't quite right, but I don't think that impacts the math. While I'm posting, there is one further question. Based on the incentives page on Edmunds.com, it looks like there is dealer cash available. Do you think that would be available on a lease?
    You can ignore this message. I had an error in the number of payments on the spreadsheet I was using.
  • 40yearfan40yearfan Member Posts: 102
    What a deal!!! $3,300 in lease incentives, $1,500 lease/cash incentive from my GM Master Card and the dealer knocked $2,000 off of the price of the car. Dealer add-ons included nitrogen in the tires, sealant finishes on both the inside and outside of the car and see through door edge guards. They paid off my 2009 Buick Lucerne (about $20,000) and rolled all costs into the lease including license, and dealer fees.

I'm paying $374 monthly for 39 months and the only cash I had to come up with was the first month's payment.

I would highly recommend Liberty Buick in Peoria, AZ. to anyone who lives in the Phoenix area. No dickering. They give you their best deal up front. I worked the whole deal over the internet. The only question was the trade-in allowance and they gave me a generous deal.

I will be happy to furnish the internet salesman I dealt with if anyone is interested.
    2015 Buick Encore Leather Edition
    2014 Buick Enclave Premium Edition
  • 40yearfan40yearfan Member Posts: 102
    I forgot to add that I have been really impressed with this vehicle in the short time I have been driving it. It handles like a sports car, it's quiet and the fit and finish is excellent. I got the Stone Metallic finish with the tan interior. Depending on how the light hits the car, it is either a light tan or a light gray. I do believe the car's stying (especially the rear end) will endure for a long time, just like the Acura Legend coupe my wife used to drive.
    2015 Buick Encore Leather Edition
    2014 Buick Enclave Premium Edition
  • karl_ekarl_e Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    Here is what I have for my Regal CXL#2 Quote.

Rebate is at $2700
    Trade in value $10350 (owe 8160)

MSRP is 27995, selling price is 27315 (includes my supplier discount).

Lease is through Ally 39month/15k miles per year and a 45% residual value.

298 a month with about 806 due at signing.

Do these numbers add up? Not sure if I am happy with the deal. If I could get the dealer down anothe 2k I am more willing.
    Thanks for the additional information Bob. This is the MSRP, but I need both that and the invoice price or approximate selling price to work up a payment for you. You can find that information in the section of Edmunds.com that I provided you with a link to in my previous response.

Car_man
    Host
  • wallet45wallet45 Member Posts: 6
    Car_Man,
    Will you please quote me the current lease incentives at rates (residual and money factor) for a 2011 Regal CXL Turbo T07 w/6sp Manual 36-month lease w/12k miles per year? Also, which current retail and lease incentives are combinable? Thanks!
  • collideoscopiccollideoscopic Member Posts: 20
    Hello Car Man,

I was hoping you might be able to provide the current lease rate and residual percentage for both the 36 month and 39 month Regal Turbo T06 low-mileage leases? (12,000 miles/yr or even 10,000 miles/yr if it's being offered on this vehicle)

Also, is the Ally $3,300 lease incentive still being offered on the 36 month lease in June? Any other leasing incentives I should know about on this particular vehicle?

Thank you,
    Colin
    Hi wallet45. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo T07 with 12,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 47%, respectively.

GM is currently providing a $2,700 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, Colin. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Buick Regal Turbo T06 with 12,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 48%, respectively.

The cash incentive for 36 month leases of this car through Ally is now $2,700.

Car_man
    Host
  • fred1957fred1957 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man: I am new to leasing, but looking at a Regal and need advice. Regal turbo has MSRP of $32,165 and dealer invoice of $30, 178 . I want to do a minimum 36 mo to a high of 48 month lease with under 2K down. I understand there is $2700 dealer cash back and maybe some bonus cash back too. What do you think I am looking at for a monthly lease payment. This will be a company paid lease as opposed to a private personal lease. One dealer told me that will affect the cost, with a corporate leasing being higher. I don't know if that is right not. Can you give me some basics to guide my decisionmaking
    Thank you, Car Man.

If I'm looking at a purchase price of $31,639 for this car (MSRP $33,190), with the stats you've quoted above, what can i expect either a 36-month or a 39-month lease payment to be?

I was also told the $500 bonus cash can't be used on a lease? Is that correct?

Thanks,
    Colin
  • carman14carman14 Member Posts: 7
    Car Man,

What is the current MF, residual for 36 mo.s Regal RL 1
    You're welcome, Colin. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Buick Regal Turbo T06 that has an MSRP of $33,190 and a selling price of $31,639 through Ally right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $440.

The payment for an otherwise identical 39 month lease would be $423.

If you subtract the $2,700 cash incentive that is available on 36 month leases through Ally from this selling price the payments drop to $354 and $337.

Car_man
    Host
    Hmmmm, your name sounds familiar, carman14 :). Here's the information that you're looking for. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Buick Regal RL 1 with 15,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 47%, respectively.

As you can see, Ally publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • w7zardw7zard Member Posts: 2
    I am also looking at similar/same CXL Turbo model. I received a customer incentive from Buick for an extra $1000 off (current Pontiac owner) but the fine print says leases are thru USBank and it shows the current CXL model and numbers. The terms are $1500 down, $239 per month for 39 months, 10k miles per year. I would like to make my discounts and look at the options of 12k and 15k miles. Any idea if USBank is working with Ally or is it a different plan? What would you guess the payments to be for either the CXL with #3 and/or the CXL Turbo with #6?
    Great info here, can't wait to see what my dealer throws out at me tomorrow.....
    Thanks w7zard. General Motors is running supported lease programs through three banks right now, Ally, US Bank, and GM Financial. All three programs are different. Confusing enough :)?

If you provide me with the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact car that you're interested in I would be happy to work up a sample payment on it for you. You can find this pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    edited July 2011
    Car Man,

Thank you. Very interesting ... I was quoted in the high $400s for a 36 month lease with $750 down. The numbers didn't sound right to me. I'm in Colorado and they seem perplexed by leases out here. I'm going to have to go back and talk to them again.

For July, are the numbers for the Regal Turbo T06 still: 0.15% and 48%, with a $2700 cash incentive? If not, what are the latest and greatest?

Edit: I just looked at Ally's website, and it appears they're offering a $3,500 cash incentive now?!? When I plug in numbers on that site for a 36 month lease on a Regal with a sell price of approximately $31,940 (around what I was quoted on mine within a couple hundred dollars), it gives me a final price of $28,440 but then shows a monthly payment of $424.43 with $849 due at signing (first month + security dep). I believe this is for a 15,000 mi/yr lease, though. What's not jiving with the numbers here? What's the discount for going to 12,000 mi/yr? Isn't that normally $20-30 less/month?

Thanks,
    Colin
    No problem Colin. The July numbers are 0.15% and 45%, with a $3,500 cash incentive as you mentioned.

Ally's residual values for leases with 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • therastheras Member Posts: 95
    Hello All,

I just drove the Regal Turbo at a local event and loved the car. I'm considering getting rid of my Mazda which has been fun to drive but a reliability nightmare.

Does anyone have the residual values and lease rates for a Regal T03 and T06 in stick? Reading the above posts, I also see mention of various cash incentives. What are these and how do you qualify?

Any help would be appreciated as I'm seeing all sorts of numbers for this car. I live in PA if that matters.

Thanks,

TheRas900
    Hi TheRas900. Here's the information that you're looking for. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Buick Regal T03 with 15,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 44%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a T06 are 0.15% and 43%.

General Motors is currently providing a $3,500 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • therastheras Member Posts: 95
    Hi Car_Man,

Thanks for the information. I am seeing that most ads on this car are for a 39 month lease. What are the figures for the same models for that term and 12K miles?

I think the 0.15 lease rate works out to a .0000625 MF, is my math correct? I'm also seeing $1,000 dealer cash on the Regal. Does this apply for Ally leases as well?

Thanks again for your assistance!!
  • redls1redls1 Member Posts: 37
    Looking at a base regal cxl and want to use the incentive money for the negative equity in my car. Low black book is $13500 and high is $15550. Ive have had dealers give me both figures and I owe $16300. I only have about $900 down. My credit score is atleast 710. Can I get close to a $320 mth payment for 39 month lease? With the residual only being about 48% I think I also want to look at a hyundai sonata which I was told has a residual of 59% by a salesperson today. Whats you opinion? Im looking at both cars because of mpg and warranty. Can get a 39 or 42 month lease if need be and still be under warranty.
  • dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    2011 Regal TO1 Turbo MSRP $29,495
    $289 month , 39 months $1679 due, total payments $11,271

Is this deal including the $3500 ally lease money ? or is there a better deal to be had ?

Thanks,
    DL
    Car man-

Any info on Aug residuals, money factor, and incentives for 2011 Regal T05/T06? Also do you know of any websites where I can access to get this information on my own? I have been bouncing around the idea of something new for the last few months and haven't really found something that wows me, so a great lease deal is what is probably going to drive my decision. It sure would be helpful if I could just check Ally's or US Bank's deals without having to pester you :) .
    Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Buick Regal T03 with 15,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 42%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a T06 are 0.15% and 41%

Your conversion of the lease rate into an approximate money factor was indeed correct.

That's a very good question about the dealer cash. I suspect (but am not 100% positive) that it is not compatible with the special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dl7265. The answers to your questions are Yes...and Yes. The cash incentive is already being taken into account when calculating the advertised lease payment. Having said that, most manufacturers' official advertised lease payments leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Savvy consumers who live in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices than the ones that were used to arrive at the payments that are being touted in the ads.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rallye350. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any resource that provides accurate information on manufacturers current lease programs to the general public on a consistent basis.

General Motors' July lease program is scheduled to run through September 6th. If GM is going to make any unscheduled revisions to this program I suspect that it will do so tomorrow, but I wouldn't count on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    Thank You Car man for the quick reply,
    Unfortunately In Dallas the dealers never get close to the deal the manufactures advertise. I guess enough fools plop down full sticker price that they refuse to deal. Bad enough we have to pay tax on the full msrp here in Texas on a lease.

Regards,
    DL
This discussion has been closed.