Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

No way to specify East Coast Zone on my Nav System

dpalkadpalka Member Posts: 8
edited July 2014 in Subaru
Up until now I've never needed the Navigation system on my 2008 Outback. Well I my workplace is going to be moving soon, and I decided to make a dry run. I open up the destination section on the navigation system and I find that the US Zones do not go past Zone 7 (midwest) and I am in Zone 9 (Mid-Atlantic). I saw no buttons labeled 8-10, just 1-7 and Canada. Not helpful at all! What gives and how do I fix this? Sooner or later I'm going to need this nav system. Strange thing though: the map does show my area, but as far as actual directions? Forget it.

Comments

• rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    I think you have to insert another map CD, one that has the east coast. Yeah, pretty lame... :(

Bob
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    The DVDs come in sets of 2-3 depending upon the model, IIRC.
  • dpalkadpalka Member Posts: 8
    Lovely. Peachy freaking lovely. :mad: Should I contact the dealership or Subaru themselves? One of the drawbacks of getting a used car I guess.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Check you glove box, it's probably in there. Also, check your owner's manual, as it probably has all the info you need.

Bob
This discussion has been closed.