Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Denali Front End

denali_06denali_06 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2014 in GMC
I just purchased my 06 with 54k on it.
Anyone driving an '06 and have the uncomfortable front end shimmy when going over a series of bumps? I can feel the front wheels shimmy and the wheel shake. Is it that I'm just not used to how the Denali 06 rides or are the shocks bad?
Thanks,
Tom

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello Tom,
    Have you had anyone look at the vehicle? Did it come with a warranty? Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • denali_06denali_06 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Mariah, thanks for the reply, I did not know GM was on this forum, it's nice to know.

Prior to my purchase (6-10-10) it was noted on the dealer R.O. to inspect the steering because of a test ride i had made.
    After delivery the problem was still there.
    Yesterday the vehicle was in for service, they balanced all four wheels. I picked up the vehicle last night and the issue was still there.
    I spoke to the service manager this morning and dropped off the vehicle again this morning.
    I do have a 3 year warranty I purchased.
    I love GMC, this is my third vehicle since 2004.
    I like everything about the Yukon I have but the ride over the bumps with the front end.
    My fear is that whatever the issue is, ie: shocks, springs, auto ride control, front end components, etc, it will not be resolved. I hope to find another Yukon owner to compare how tight the front end should be. My 07 Acadia is completely different so I can't compare. I know it's a truck and will not ride like a car, but the front end should be tight.
    Anyway I'm waiting to hear what is found today at the dealer.
    Thank you,
    Tom :confuse:
    Hello Tom,
    If you get the vehicle back and the problem arises again please let me know. I will look into the situation further for you. Thank you,
    They have isolated the problem to the front shocks, and they have ordered new front shocks and I will have to retun. I will keep you posted.
    Thank you
    Hello Denali_06,
    I am glad that the dealership thinks they have found the fix. Yes, please keep me posted on what happens. Thank you,
    After over two weeks the part came in. Now I have to wait two and a half weeks for an appointment to have the parts installed. What a slap in the face.
    The whole warranty part thing is wrong. They should call me when the part comes in with an immediate appointment ready. Mailing a card after the part comes in is a waste of time and definitely not taking care of the customer making them wait such an a long amount of time. I hope this part fixes the issue because I'm not going to be a happy camper waiting for almost two months.
This discussion has been closed.