Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Kia Sorento Lease Questions

Comments

• ashwenashwen Member Posts: 35
    CAR_MAN,
    Do you have the June lease rates for both the 2011 and 2012 Sorento FWD SX? I am looking for a 36 month /12,000 miles lease. Thanks for all your help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome andy2812.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I certainly do tjcolvin. Infiniti Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Kia Sorento EX 4-cylinder AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00144 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ashwen. Kia's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Sorento SX FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00164 and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00126 and 54%, respectively.

Kia is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of the 2011 model, but no cash on the 2012 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • tjcolvintjcolvin Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, Car_man! Much appreciated.
    Thanks Car_Man. I was hoping the 2012 to have a higher residual value. :( From what I understand, the main difference is the addition of UVO in 2012, so I won't be missing out much going with a 2011.

From my interactions with a couple of dealerships here in Houston, looks like the $1500 competitive cash can be applied to leases in addition to the $1500 lease cash that is being offered on the 2011s.

Also, there seems to be a $1000 competitive cash available on the 2012s.
    You're very welcome tjcolvin.

Car_man
    Host
  • j_smith1j_smith1 Member Posts: 60
    Car_man

Do you have the July money factor and residual for for Sorento SX Awd 36mo 12k? Any incentives this month?

Thanks!
  • brianf1997brianf1997 Member Posts: 26
    Car man,

Can you please provide the current money factor and residual value for the 2012 EX V6 AWD? Also, I presume the residual % doesnt change based on the options in the EX (e.g., navigation system vs no navigation system)?
  • vegasqvegasq Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

I am looking to close a deal on a Kia Sorento this week. I am looking for the lease rates on both a 2012 Sorento EX FWD 4 cylinder 15k and a Sorento LX FWD 4 cylinder 15k. Also, is there any dealer cash for July? Thanks for all the great information you provide!
    edited July 2011
    CAR_MAN,
    Could you provide lease numbers for a 2012 Sorento SX on a 36 month 12k/yr lease? Is Kia providing any incentives on a 2012?

Also, if possible could you provide the same for a 2012 EX V6 as well?

Thanks for your help.
    Hello j_smith1. Kia Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Sorento SX AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00138 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to brianf1997. Kia Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Sorento SX V6 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00138 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Whether the vehicle is equipped with navigation should not have any impact upon its lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome vegasq. Kia Motors Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Sorento EX 4-cylinder FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00178 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical Sorento LX 4-cylinder FWD are .00103 and 53%.

There's owner loyalty and conquest cash on this vehicle right now, but I don't believe that there's any cash on leases of it other than that.

Car_man
    Host
    Wow the Sorento's popular right now :). Here you go, ashwen. KMF's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Sorento SX AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00138 and 51%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 EX V6 AWD are .00180 and 54%.

The only cash that's available on leases of the Sorento right now is loyalty / conquest cash.

Car_man
    Host
    car_man,
    Thanks for the prompt response but I forgot to mention that I am looking for a 2012 SX FWD and not an AWD. :) Could you give me the numbers for a 2012 SX FWD as well for a 2012 EX V6 FWD?

Thanks again.
  • vegasqvegasq Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_man!
    You're welcome ashwen.

KMF's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Sorento SX FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00149 and 51%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 EX V6 FWD are .00173 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome vegasq.

Car_man
    Host
  • brianf1997brianf1997 Member Posts: 26
    Just leased a 2012 SX with Sunroof, got it for $946 down (1st monthly, registration, etc.), $489/month including NJ taxes. MSRP was $37,150, negotiated price was $33,480 minus a $1k rebate ($32,480 total).

Good deal? I hope so!!
  • akw8akw8 Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone tell me the current money factor and residual on sorento leases?
    Hi akw8. These numbers vary by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what any of these variables are, so for now I will have to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Kia Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Sorento EX 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00178 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • thalthewallthalthewall Member Posts: 2
    do you know the money factor and residual for the sorento EX, with the I4 engine and front wheel drive?

Thanks.
  • benji123benji123 Member Posts: 104
    Hi Car_man, I'm looking for a Sorrento EX V-6 FWD for 36 months. What are the numbers for 12K and 15K miles per year?
    Greetings benji123. Kia Motors Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Sorento EX V6 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • spokanephilspokanephil Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2011
    Hi,

I'm seeking the lease figures for a 39 month lease on a 2012 Sorento EX V6 AWD with the Premium Package. The transaction will take place in the state of Washington. The negotiated purchase price is $32,000.

Please provide the requested info and any advice or comment on the deal. Also, please advise if a dealer can mark-up the money factor, or other components, of the lease.

Thanks!
    Hi spokanephil. Kia Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Sorento EX V6 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00206 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Dealers are indeed often allowed to mark up money factors, though it is less likely that a Kia dealer would do so than a luxury brand dealer.

Car_man
    Host
  • 614surf614surf Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man - Looking at leasing a Kia Sorento EX AWD I-4 GDI. I read that the residual value on the GDI's are ~58% according to ALG press release back in May 2011. Do you have any info on what the current money factor and residual value is on this exact I-4 GDI AWD with 15K miles per year and what it might be with 18K miles per year?
    Hello 614surf. Kia Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Sorento EX 4-cylinder AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00201 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • dargen430dargen430 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Do you have the current lease details on a Sorento LX AWD for 39 months with 15000 miles a year?

Thanks,

Steve
  • dkleierdkleier Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_Man:

Saw this info on MF and Residual for 2012 Sorrento. What would be these figures for a 36 mo lease and 15,000 for th 2012 EX with351 liter 4 cyl and the LX with same 351 liter 4 cyl? this is for south florida.
    thanks.
    Hi Steve. Kia Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Sorento LX AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey dkleier. Kia Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Sorento EX 4-cylinder 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00167 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Sorento EX V6 2WD are .00198 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • sirhcsirhc Member Posts: 2
    Looking to lease an EX 6 cyl AWD w/ Prem Package (including moon roof) with 15,000 miles. Also looking at an LX FWD with conv package also with 15,000 miles. Can you please help me with the money factor and residuals for a zip code of 14222? Thank you!
  • bjd12345bjd12345 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone give me the approx monthly leased payments on a 2012 Sorrento-LX-6cyl. with no money down

Thak you

Marc
  • jnkohjnkoh Member Posts: 37
    edited January 2012
    Hi Car_man
    What are the lease numbers for a 2012 I4 AWD EX for a 3 year 10K/12K miles per year lease? Would like to know the money factor and residuals so I can calculate out the lease payments. Thanks
    Hi Marc. This truck's payment will vary depending upon what its MSRP and selling price are. I would be happy to use Kia's current lease program to work up a sample payment on the exact vehicle that you want for you if you provide me with this information. You can find the pricing over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Here is the information that you are looking for jnkoh.

Kia Motors Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Sorento EX AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00166 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on the Sorento, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • jnkohjnkoh Member Posts: 37
    Thanks Car_man,
    Would you mind also letting me know what the money factor and residual is for the 2012 SX V6 sorento please and whether it's a 36 or 39 month lease for 12k miles per year.

Thanks!
    Sure jnkoh. Kia Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a Sorento SX V6 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00156 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I don't believe that Kia is currently offering 36-month leases on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • soroka24soroka24 Member Posts: 9
    Car Man,
    Can you please provide the February money factor and residual for?

2012 Sorento EX V6 FWD, 36 months, 12,000 miles

Any lease incentives for February?
    Hi soroka24. Kia's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Sorento EX V6 FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00181 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Kia is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • sephrathsephrath Member Posts: 1
    What is money factor and residual value for 36 month lease of 2012 Sorento SX V6 AWD, 12,000 miles.

Thanks
  • soroka24soroka24 Member Posts: 9
    Car Man,
    I am being told Kia is no longer doing 36 month leases and have moved to 39. Is this accurate? Can you please provide the money factor/residual for 12K a year for 39 months?
    Hi sephrath. Kia Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Sorento SX V6 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00156 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    What you were told is indeed correct, soroka24.

Kia Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Sorento EX V6 FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00181 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • review1000review1000 Member Posts: 8
    Looking to see what is wrong when I walked into the dealer, he changed his word of what we talked about on the phone.
    we talked to get me at 220 a month with taxes included.
    So to say it was 24,500 MSRP, 20,500 fac invoice. 54% residual. 39 month. 12K miles.
    3,000 down and that covers all, ALL, Fees tax, title, license, reg, doc fees +.
    Walked in and the dealer first said we will sell you the only one we have in our lot instead of what you are asking for. I said WHAT!!!. then I said show me the worksheet. now he had me paying 229 a month and 3,200 down and that didnt even cover ANYTHING, and just to make the monthly payment to 220.00 a month. Not only did he go against his word, but said and talked about how all other dealer ship do that and he is straight forward and never changes what he said. They are now getting a bad dealer rating. Please tell me if it was a good deal to find somewhere else.
  • danny14danny14 Member Posts: 30
    Could you please refresh the residuals and money factors for 36k miles/3-year lease of a 2012 I4 AWD EX with Premium Plus Package? Please, also indicate what special offers and cash incentives are applicable/combineable to/with this lease. The purchase will be made in Northern Virginia/Washington DC metro area. Thanks in advance for the help.
  • patwhitepatwhite Member Posts: 7
    Hello, do you have the residuals and money factors for April? Wife is looking at the 2012 Sorento EX V6 with the premium package and 12K mile per year. We're in the Raleigh NC area. Thanks!
    I certainly do patwhite. Kia Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Sorento EX V6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00105 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host