Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Camry Radio issues

culinarygirlculinarygirl Member Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in Toyota
My trusty 1997 Toyota Camry needed a new battery. I took it to Wal-mart & had them install a new battery, the radio worked fine before it now it won't work. It lights up when the headlights are on but the display just reads SEC for the security code. I can't turn it on or anything. Another issue, silly me set a Security Code & I can't remember it. Any idea on how to get the radio working again? These hour long commutes to and from work are so boring with out the radio. Thanks for any advice!!

Comments

• kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    edited July 2010
    You could try calling a Toyota dealership. You may have to go in with your ownerscard/VIN number, to prove that you own the car and the radio isn't stolen. Call them first, to see what they suggest.
  • pedrosevenpedroseven Member Posts: 1
    A friend of ours has a 2000 Camry. The radio won't play. It does turn on and you can scan for stations but no volume. Suggestions on what to fix would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

PedroSeven
    May need a replacement radio
    edited August 2010
    May need a replacement radio, could consider a junkyard if they want an identical one/
  • william66william66 Member Posts: 1
    how do I go about replacing my radio in a 92 es300 lexus
  • jenktjjenktj Member Posts: 2
    Are there any other MP3 media players that will work with the JBL system USB port so that you can control the playback through the console and steering wheel audio controls? I have a Zune HD and all I get is a 'USB Error' on the display.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.