Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Should I wait for the 2011 TSX?

krmpradeepkrmpradeep Member Posts: 2
edited September 2014 in Acura
Hi,

I just test-drove a 2010 TSX and I really like the car. The salesperson was telling me about the 2011 TSX station wagon and also told me that the 2011 TSX sedan would show up in the showrooms in October. Now, do you think I should wait 3 months and see if the new model has anything new to offer or if the prices go down for the 2010 TSX or should I go for it right now? I have a quote for a 4-cyl w/o Tech package for $25,423 + dest + TTL.

Comments

• Options
    nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    Depends-Do you need a car now or can you wait a little longer. I plan on buying a 2011 tsx to be picked up on June 23, 2011 (my 60th birthday-damn where did all those years go). So far it has to have manual transmission and tech package. I am hoping the red will be offered again with MT. Otherwise, I will have to decide on that and the choices are very limited.
  • Options
    jondeutschjondeutsch Member Posts: 1
    It depends what you value. The 2011 TSX will likely have the following changes/updates:

- Slightly changed nose (see 2011 TSX wagon pics to see the diff)
    - HD-based and hi-def nav system for Tech Package

And... possibly integrated sound dampener technology
  • Options
    krmpradeepkrmpradeep Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for both the comments.... I finally ended up getting the 2010 TSX w/o nav for $28,800 OTD today (including the crazy CA tax and a dozen other fees). Dealer threw in the splash guards and wheel locks for free. Awesome car.... the grill change didn't justify the 3 month wait and the marked up price I would have paid if I got the 2011 model when it came out.
  • Options
    lonnieinskeeplonnieinskeep Member Posts: 2
    If it gets improved horses and torque to a good degree and has the excellent 6MT I'm all for it. V6 torque for better than I4 FE FTW.

Also don't forget the 2011 will have rear vents to cool the passengers in the back seat built into the console. I have a 2010 TSX Tech and wish mine had them. My young daughter is always sweating in her car seat!!! That should have been included with the new redesign for 2009!!! Argh!!!!! :mad:
  • Options
    nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    While having our '11 Hyundai Sonata get it's 1st oil change I asked the Acura sales manager (they sell both cars+honda) if they had any info on the '11 tsx. He told me nothing official but as soon as they did he would let me know. Own a 06 tsx with 111,000+problem free miles. I am planning to get a new car for my 60th birthday in June.
  • Options
    hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    Did you get the 4 or 6 cylinder?

I'd prefer the 4, since it's got ample power for me, plus better weight distribution. I value handling and fuel economy more than tire smoking torque.
  • Options
    infoworldinfoworld Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a 2010 or 2011 TSX w/o nav. from your July 18 post, you got the deal for 28,800 OTD price, It seems to be a very good price, would you be able to email me the name of the place? my email address is kc_thepro@hotmail.com.
  • Options
    alko80alko80 Member Posts: 6
    Hey guys,

I'm new to the edmunds, as well as the forums. I am in the market for a new TSX and am holding off until the 2011's come in to get a good deal on a 2010 TSX w/Tech. Does anyone know how much I should expect to see in the price drop? Please let me know. Thanks.
  • Options
    billpaulbillpaul Member Posts: 103
    Anyone know when the TSX Sport Wagon will be available?
  • Options
    fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    Late fall.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    http://www.edmunds.com/tmv/alerts.html

The tool above is kind of interesting - I see you're already checking in Prices Paid, which is a great way to figure out what others are paying, but that tool might help you decide when to say "go."

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    kicker9kicker9 Member Posts: 57
    According to Edmund's you can expect to get about 3,000 off the base sticker and 4,000 off the tech model, I got 4,000 off plus a factory remote starter on a tech 4 cyl. on the last day of the month.
This discussion has been closed.