Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BlueConnect

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited July 2014 in Subaru
Picking up new 2010 Forester 2.5x Premium. Dealer is adding blueconnect early next week when in stock. Where does it install and how does it work? Through the radio, separate speakers? How is performance.

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I think they add a mic on the steering column and it uses factory speakers.

Search on cars101.com, a good Subaru dealer with all the info about options on their site. I bet they even have photos there.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    The mic is now up on the ceiling, by the map lights.

Bob
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,756
    new optional handsfree cell phone 'BlueConnect' system fits under the heater controls. Available starting 2/2010

Lame... I love that little cubby!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Thanks to all for the information. Car bought and dealer installing BlueConnect on Wednesday.
  • agfagf Member Posts: 1
    Intend to buy a Forester tonite with Blueconnect. How much should it cost?
  • BlueConnect lists at $399 and shows invoice at several istes at $379. I told the dealer any car without bluetooth would not be considered and he included it without straying from the already negotiated price.
  • occkingoccking Member Posts: 346
    I am responsing to all of these messages. I have had "build in" bluetooth both on my 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid as well as 09 Forster. Both are lousy, let me clafify. The sound goes thru the speakers, interrupts the radio. The sound is fine, it is excellent for retreiving messages while you are driving. Unfortunately, unless the car is not moving the mike (on my Subaru is mounted on the steering column) for the most part people cannot understand me. It just pickes up too much background noise and I constantly have to get out of the handsfree and go hand held. Of course this led to my first ticket (since 1983!) in NY last week as I was nailed talking on the phone. $185 cost me.

I think when I travel in the future in CT and NY I will go back to using bluetooth earpiece instead of built in hands free
  • saedavesaedave Member Posts: 694
    the mike (on my Subaru is mounted on the steering column) for the most part people cannot understand me.

That problem is solved for newer model Subarus which have the mike overhead. When I had a hard wired carphone I mounted the mike at the top of the lefthand A pillar.....now not possible with airbags in the pillar. The new overhead location is probably just as good.
This discussion has been closed.