Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

When will 2011 Corolla will show up?

2»

Comments

• Of all the cars I have had in my life...Nissan Maxima's, Land Rover, etc. this is my first Toyota, a 2011 Corolla purchased used in Sept 2012, and I have had nothing but problems. I kept feeling a hesitation, weird like someone had tapped on the break. Of course everyone that drove it, service reps, friends, etc. couldn't find anything and the dealer said they couldn't do anything unless they could replicate the problem. It stalled on me completely at 65 mph on the freeway. Every time I go to the dealer they find nothing and if they do it costs $100+ like replacing a bolt that's holding on the license plate. One repairman, independent said some mechanics at dealers are on commission to find things to fix and charge for...dah! I took it in for a diagnostics check, waited 5 hours told the dealers service mgr I had to be at work at a certain time. About one hour before I had to leave they paged me and said it would take more time. I walked outside to steam and breathe and saw the lot where they put the cars they're servicing.... sitting there was mine. They hadn't even looked at it yet! (I was stupid enough to buy the extended warranty AND Platinum Plan by the way.) When they did look at it hurriedly and ran diagnostics they said they found nothing but did fix the bolt on one side of my license plate, that I mentioned in passing, like if you have a moment could you pop a new bolt in. That was $120 because they had to drill a new whole for the bolt yada yada. So I took it in desperation to an authorized Toyota repair shop that had good reviews and in one hour while being served coffee in a clean waiting room, the owner handed me a release from Toyota explaining that the 2011 Corollas had this problem and even the codes to fix it. Also he handed me 3 pages of diagnostics with error codes that needed to be fixed. It made me sick. It was $109 and well worth it to get all that info and he told me my left rear wheel was bent and it should be looked at. This guy was about keeping me safe and not racking up dollars. Now I am taking it in to the dealer after notifying THEM about this "Momentary RPM decrease" . Could the dealer really not know about this release from Toyota? Will they now charge me for fixing it and who knows what else even though I have the extra warranty AND Platinum Plan? As a single woman I feel like an idiot walking in there because they know they can tell me anything and I have no recourse. Whats a girl to do. Thank God for the honest kind repairman I went too. Suggestions? Help?
  • terceltomterceltom Allentown, PSPosts: 1,024
    Your being taken advantage of, find another Toyota dealer in your area even if it's a little distance away.