Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Cruze Lease Questions

Comments

• klinkoklinko Member Posts: 4
    Hi Carman,
    My wife is looking at a Cruze LS - do you have the MF/Residual & any incentives on this for a 24 mo 15k/yr lease?
    Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi klinko. Ally's February base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 59%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,800 cash incentive that is currently available on 24-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • klinkoklinko Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2012
    Thanks Carman - I ended up at $173/mo with bt and connectivity pkg 15k/yr LS in metallic blue with $1400 DAS & $500 scrap value trade in. Just in case anyone else is curious as to what the actual deals are. I got $1800 ally, $500 loyalty, $660 Dealer incentive. YMMV. Thank you to Matthews-Hargreaves in Royal Oak, MI as well!
  • budman21budman21 Member Posts: 38
    edited February 2012
    Sorry, I'm a little late here but the base 1LT automatic has the highest residual and I here nothing but complaints about the LS poor acceleration. The LT comes standard with a 1.4 turbo that is much better with plenty of pep. LS doesnt have cruise control either. Dealers advertise the LS with thier best lease deal but with 1LT automatic you'll get a higher residual, partially offsetting the price increase of LT. The $1800 Ally lease incentive is also good on LT btw. You should get at least an additional point for 1LT and two points for automatic(except eco which they don't penalize on stick). They actually penalize for stick which surprised me. LTZ residuals are lower than LT. I'm guessing they assume people who get the sport models will beat them accordingly...lol Note that going from 1LT to 2LT will cost you 3 points in residual value!!

One last thing to keep in mind, any extras you get on top of the base trim levels will not increase your residual. On a short two year lease those options will certainly hit you wallet harder every month.
  • rflangrflang Member Posts: 8
    Could someone please help me figure out if the Cruze Eco has he same residual/MF? Also, does it have the $1,800 lease incentive? One dealer said there is none, and another said it was $1,000. Thank you very much. I need a car ASAP.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter is looking to interview parents who own a Chevy Cruze Eco, Toyota Prius V and/or Honda Civic Hybrid. If you are willing to share your experience with the car, please email PR@edmunds.com no later than March 10, 2012.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• feda472feda472 Member Posts: 1
    Hey I was looking into leasing a Cruze before the summer. The cheapest model they have with automatic transmission. 0 down 24 month lease and 10K/yr.
    Hi rflang. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco with 15,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 50%, respectively.

I believe that the csh incentive on 36-month leases of the Cruze Eco is lower at $1,100.

Car_man
    Host
  • meh485meh485 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Man,
    Can you get me the MF, base rate, residual of the 2012 chevy cruze eco, 1lt, and ls for 15k miles?
    thank you in advance!
    Car_man,
    would you be able to get me the money factor and residual for the cruze lt? i am looking to go to the dealership tomorrow and would like to be prepared for what the dealer is going to offer me.
    thanks
    Here's the information that you're looking for meh485. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Echo with 15,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 50%, respectively.

The lease rate would be the same for the 1LT and LS trim levels, but the residual values would be 50% and 49%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,800 cash incentive that is available on 36-month leases of the 1LT and $1,100 that is available on the LS and Eco through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    thank you very much car_man! just want to confirm with you that since we are now in april, those lease rates are still available.
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 152
    Carman,

Do you have the April lease rate and residual for the Cruze LS, 1LT, and ECO for 24 months and 15k milese per year?

Also, what are the lease incentives.

Thanks.
  • reves08reves08 Member Posts: 1
    I'm also interested to know those rates, with an added newbie question: are the residual percentages/ MF any different depending on options (esp thinking of automatic transmission), or does that only affect the cap cost?
  • budman21budman21 Member Posts: 38
    Manuals have a residual 1 percentage point lower than Automatics
    You're very welcome meh485. Yes, I believe that this car's April lease program is the same as its March program was.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi autoboy19. Ally's April base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 59%.

The lease rate would be the same for a 1LT, but the residual value would be 60%. The resid for the ECO would be 60% as well.

GM is currently providing a $2,400 cash incentive on 24-month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi reves08. The lease rates are the same model-wide, but the residual values do vary by trim level.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,
    I went to a Chevy dealership in brooklyn yesterday to get some prices, I kept trying to tell the salesman and finance person to use ally financial, but they kept insisting that GM financial had better numbers, here is the deal they gave me:

LS in black - MSRP is about $19,170
    24 month lease - $235/month + 1023 (i assume bank fee, first month payment, and misc fees) + plates
    39 month lease - $215/month + 870 (assuming same fees as above) + plates

LT in silver - MSRP is about $21,015
    39 month lease - $232/month + 880 (same fees as above) + plates

do you have the GM financial money factor and residual (the finance guy said the are different for GM than for Ally) for the LS and LT for 15k miles?
    also one last note, those prices include $1000 GM dollars + $1000 conquest + 950 GM Incentive
    do you think the dealership is being honest their numbers or is there something hidden in those numbers.
  • gt2k6gt2k6 Member Posts: 7
    Car Man,

Could you provide the updated 24 and 39 month lease program for May for the Cruze LS and ECO with 12k miles per year?

Is the $775 incremental cash as well as Conquest Cash that was available last month is available?

Thanks
    Hi meh485. As hard as it is to believe, General Motors actually has three official lease programs right now...one through Ally, one through US Bank, and one through GM Financial.

GM Financial's May base lease rate for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze is 0.77%. The 39-month factor through GM Financial is 1.68%. GM is providing a $1,400 cash incentive on 24-month leases and $950 on 36-month leases of the LS and $2,100 and $1,650 on leases of the LT through GM Financial.

Given the information in your post, it looks like the dealership is being pretty straightforward with you.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go gt2k6. Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.1% and 46%.

The lease rates for the ECO are the same, but its residual values are 59% and 47%.

The $950 to $1,400 cash on Ally leases, incremental $775 on the LS and the $1,000 conquest to current lessees of competitive models are all available in May.

Car_man
    Host
    edited May 2012
    Car_man,

Could you clarify the total amount of lease cash available on the Cruze LS, 1LT, and ECO trim levels for 24 months through Ally?

Thanks
    Hey gt2k6. I believe that GM is currently providing a $2,450 cash incentive on 2-year leases of the Cruze LT and $1,750 on 2-year leases of the Cruze LS through Ally. I'm not sure about the ECO model, but there may not be any cash available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    edited May 2012
    Thanks, Car_man.

Does that $1,750 include the incremental $775?

The $775 is not available on the LT correct?

Also, does it seem reasonable that the residuals went down 3% points from last month? Seems like a rather sharp decline.
  • dps06dps06 Member Posts: 89
    Car_man,

What is the residual and money factor for Cruze 1LT for 24 months through Ally?

Also, what is the lease cash?

Thanks
    Hello dps06. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 59%, respectively.

There is a $2,450 cash incentive on 24-month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • mp11477mp11477 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Car man,

Could you provide the money factor and residual on a 2012 Cruze 1LT with 12k and both 24 and 39 months through GM Financial as well as any applicable incentives GM Financial may have on the hood?
    Hi mp11477. GM Financial's lease program isn't as popular as Ally's program is. I haven't seen it lately, but I can ask around for you. For now I can tell you that Ally's July base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 69%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.75% and 55%.

The cash incentives on this car are $950 for 24-month and $1,025 for 39-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • guitarplayer4guitarplayer4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Do you have the residual and money factor for a 24 & 36 mo lease 10K miles for an LTZ and 2LT?

Thanks!
    I certainly do guitarplayer4. Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ with 10,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 69%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.75% and 58%.

I believe that the numbers for the 2LT are exactly the same.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $950 cash incentive that is available on 24-month and $1,025 that is available on 36-month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • jnkohjnkoh Member Posts: 37
    Hi Car_man. What are the lease numbers for a 2012 Cruze LS with Auto 24 months and 12K miles per year.

Thanks!
    Greetings jnkoh. Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 69%, respectively.

There currently is a $250 cash incentive on 24-month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • c6goldc6gold Member Posts: 4
    Do you have any info on 2013 Cruze lease rates ?
    Yes I do c6gold. Ally's September base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze with 15,000 miles per year are 3.3% and 56%, respectively.

There is a minimal $180 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally right now. It's not much, but it doesn't hurt ;).

Car_man
    Host
  • c6goldc6gold Member Posts: 4
    Thank you Car_man. I appreciate the info.
    Keep up the great work.
    You're very welcome, c6gold. Thank you for the kind words.

Car_man
    Host
  • gittledoggittledog Member Posts: 4
    Car Man, I was just quoted $199/mo. with 7% sales tax incl. on a '13 Cruze LS 6 spd. Base. Sticker is $17,569 negotiated price $15,468. 15k miles per year on a 24 month lease with $1000 down. What do you think?
  • andy169andy169 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Hi,
    I am planning to buy a 2012 1LT cruze. I also need to sell my old vehicle and do some research before I make the big decision to buy. My dealer said that after 10/31/2012, there won't be any lease offers on 2012 models . Is that true? (based on your experiences from previous years?)
    Also, If GM continues the lease offers on 2012 vehicles next month also, should I expect the payments to reduce further?
    Even if you are not sure, you can reply with your guesses (obviously w/o any liabilities) .

Thanks
    Hi gittledog. The margins are pretty small on the Cruze. The car that you're interested in probably only has a spread of around $600 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add the $180 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car through Ally to that and you have a total of $780 or so to play with. Somehow you are being given a massive $2,000 discount on this car. That's a great price.

I'm coming up with a payment about $10 per month less than $199 using the numbers that you provided in your post, but either way this is an excellent deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi andy169. What you were told is probably correct. I would not be surprised at all of GM pulled the plug on its lease support for the 2012 models that it hasn't done so for already at the end of the month.

If you want to lease a 2012 model then you probably should do so in October. If you don't care about the model year, you can always lease a 2013 model at some point down the road.

Car_man
    Host
  • orbm1orbm1 Member Posts: 3
    I got this 2012 Cruze 1LT with RS package.

$700 down and due + $100 for plates and $150 month 24 month Lease with 10,000 miles per year.

How did I do?

Thanks!
  • benrey23benrey23 Member Posts: 42
    You orobably already know, but Chevrolet does not offer any good 2012 Cruze lease offers. Sure you can lease still but it would not be advantagous to do so. The 2013 is I think 149 month plus tax, with 1600 down plus 1st payment. Still a really good lease.
  • alejo0401alejo0401 Member Posts: 7
    Hi all,

Can anybody help me with the residual value and money factor of the 2013 Cruze (2013 LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl, 6M)), the current market price is $17,130. I'm interested in a 36 month lease 15k miles per year.
    Additionally, do you think is possible to negotiated at $16,000?

Thanks,
  • benneybbenneyb Member Posts: 19
    Car man, as always much appreciate your efforts here.

Could you please give me the MF and Residuals for a Cruse 1LT for both 10k and 12k per year, 24 month and 36 month leases? Many thanks.
    Hello alejo0401. Ally's base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze with 15,000 miles per year are 3.2% and 56%.

General Motors is providing a $950 cash incentive on leases of this car right now. When you combine that cash with the $600 or so spread between this car's MSRP and dealer invoice price, I would say that a discount of $1,130 should be possible.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks benneyb. General Motors current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT with 12,000 miles per year are 4.1% and 69%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 3.2% and 58%.

The residual values for leases with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • 77racing177racing1 Member Posts: 3
    Carman Thanks for all the info u provide

My question is on a 2013 Cruze with MSRP of 19020 and the incentives that u have listed from GM my dealership wants 18890 as the agreed upon price. in a worksheet and other sources Im showing that the price wold be around 18411.36..Dealer says that price is more then his invoice price..Is there room to negotiate there or not also is there a GREAT deal of hold back for dealer on this vehicle .any info would help to negotiate a better lease deal thanks
  • benrey23benrey23 Member Posts: 42
    There is not a great deal of holdback on a Chevy Cruze at any price. The salesman will likely make a $100 flat regardless. I would say if they have treated you well then the price they suggested is good. When it is all said and done the salesman gets a commission which wont be much, the managers will get something, there is advertising cost, holding cost depending on age in inventory, clean up crew to prep the car when shipped and for delivery, ect. The point is on a Chevy Cruze the leases are very good. I understand the need to make sure you are getting a fair deal. 18,411 is probably close to invoice making it about 400 over. I would say that is a fair deal. We have not even mentioned the fact the Cruze is a great car, great fuel mileage with a great warranty. You picked a good one.
  • 77racing177racing1 Member Posts: 3
    I appreciate the feedback ..It just feels like Im missing something ..I dont feel like 200 under MSRP is getting a good deal
This discussion has been closed.