Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Transmission Problems

Comments

• kikix5kikix5 Member Posts: 2
    I just got a call from the dealer and it seems that my water pump went! Strange that it went one week after I got it back! They did fix it all, but it makes me wonder, is something else going to happen in a week. Is it something that they messed up when doing the tranny work?? I never had one issue with this car until the tranny went out
  • dompdomp Member Posts: 24
    My guess would be the water pump is unrelated. Mine when out around the 40k to 50k. If you search the forums (outlook, enclave, acadia, etc) for water pump, I think you'll find its a chronic problem that happens around that mileage point. Can't remember if it's a recall or not.
  • abarrett913abarrett913 Member Posts: 1
    I am writing because I am extremely disappointed in my purchase of the 2010 Acadia! I have been a Honda owner for many years and I checked out the Acadia and liked it. Unfortunately for me there has been several problems. Since day 1 with this vehicle there have been issues. The steering column has always been squeeky, no matter what I've done. I thought that since it was like that when I bought it brand new that it was just how the vehicle sounded. Wrong! Then there was a huge water leak, every time it rained, on my front passenger side. Not just a slight drip but it felt like a tall glass of water was dumped on my foot. It ruined a pair of very nice and expensive shoes! Not happy. The stereo works when it wants to, switching on its own to the AUX setting when no cable is near it. Then the engine light came on and I had to have the water pump replaced. At the dealership they said they ordered the parts to replace the steering column and fix the radio MONTHS ago and I never heard a peep from them again on the matter. I get in the car the other day only to notice the engine light is on AGAIN! This time I contact ONstar to see if they can run a diagnostic (the dealership offered one but said it would cost me $99) and they told me it was an emissions issue. To my knowledge emissions issues were under warranty with GMC for 8 years but according to the dealership they are only good for 3 years/36 months. I am totally dissatisfied with this vehicle, I'm glad it is only a lease. I cannot wait to turn it back in and get something that is not such a headache! I wish I would have found this website prior to purchasing this vehicle, I would've saved myself a lot of headaches and money! I understand with any vehicle there are going to be issues but so many with a new vehicle is unacceptable. Does anyone know about the emissions warranty on these trucks?? Please help!! Thanks!
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Based on what you've posted, I'd contact GMC customer service and find yourself another dealer as the one you're going to now isn't in your best interest.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    abarrett913,

I'm sorry that you have been having so many frustrations with your Acadia. If you wanted to email us at socialmedia@gm.com, we'd be happy to do the following:
    *With the last 8 digits of your VIN, we could clarify the existing warranties on your vehicle; unless your mileage currently exceeds 36,000 miles you should still be within your bumper to bumper warranty
    *In addition to the last 8 digits of your VIN, if you would include your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, your current mileage, and the name of your dealership, we would be happy to follow up with them on the servicing of your vehicle to work towards a resolution on the different issues you've been experiencing.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • saacadiasaacadia Member Posts: 4
    Here is the update Sarah,

I went to the dealership and was met by Scott Carpenter at the Gunn GMC/Buick Dealership.

Saturday, I was given the choice to wait for a diagnosis or he said that he could call me. I decided to wait and in a about an hour, as promised, I was given the results of their inspection.

I was told that the transmission did indeed have a major failure and Mr. Carpenter assisted with getting me a ride to the rental car company.

On Monday Nieves Zapata called and I was told that they would know how extensive the damage is later and again as promised I was told that the Acadia would be ready on Wednesday. He said that his technician Joey Lozano was the best in the area!

On Wednesday morning I went to work and had a message from Nieves. He said that the Acadia was ready to go. Shocked, I went to the dealership and told him that I wanted to go on a long drive with the vehicle prior to taking it back from the dealership. It drove like a champ, in fact it never shifted better. I thanked Nieves for the exceptional service from everyone. It was just as I dreamed it could be (having never experienced a fantastic car repair situation)! I have been driving it instead of my wife so that I can monitor for any changes, but none are expected. They have my thanks. I will of course let you know if our vehicle continues to be trouble free. Unlike some others have added to the blog we really like this vehicle. They are correct about the sunlight reflecting in your eyes though.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    saacadia,
    Thank you for your update. I will definitely forward this on to Sarah so she has the opportunity to see it. Please feel free to contact us with any other questions comments or concerns. Enjoy your weekend! :)
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • austinsaraaustinsara Member Posts: 3
    This is so frustrating. The transmission on our 2007 GMC Acadia is toast 3 weeks after the warranty expired. This car has been 100% maintained and babied. We have had all of the recall work completed. I can only wonder if the Timing Chain Recall contributed to the transmission issues. There are engineering issues too. After learning about the headlight recall, it is my understanding the tires must be removed from the car to change the headlights??? I purchased a GMC because I felt it was a superior product. I have had wonderful service from the GMC Service Departments. However, I find it crazy how many times this vehicle has had to be serviced when it has been so well cared for. I cannot believe how many discussions there are about Acadia Transmission problems when I google this subject. We paid a lot of $ for a vehicle we believed would be safe & reliable for a family of four. This type of quality is unacceptable.
    austinsara,
    I'm truly very sorry to read that your Acadia's transmission is out. If we can be of any assistance through the repair process, please send the following information our way via email (socialmedia@gm.com): your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership along with any recent/upcoming appointment details.
    Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • steve726steve726 Member Posts: 1
    austinsara,

What type of transmission problem are you experiencing? I recently had the Timing Chain Recall performed and now I am also having transmission problems. I have a few more miles (124,000) on my 2007 Acadia, but we have never had any major trouble. I am being told that the valve body needs to be replaced and that it can't be rebuilt like the older transmissions. Thanks for your input.

steve726
    The GMC Dealership is giving us the option of rebuilding the transmission for $3,900 with a 1 year, 12k warranty or replacing the transmission for $4,250 with a 3year 100k warranty. OUCH!!! The irony, 3 weeks after the warranty expired and years and 50k miles less than a Hyundai warranty. So much for buying American. I think the timing chain recall work was done a little before Christmas. So frustrating. Anybody else had similar quotes? Any suggestions?
    Sarah & Christina @ GM:
    Wow...Wow...Wow! You have exceeded my expectations. Thank you so much for your help and willingness to work with us. I was so frustrated & stressed out and I feel as though a large burden is lifting from my shoulders and is now manageable. You have truly helped a very hard working family. We greatly appreciate the major price reduction and the fast and great service we are receiving from GM and the local GMC service shop. Again - Thank You!
    :)
  • tinkerbell9tinkerbell9 Member Posts: 2
    I had a problem with my transmission earlier this year for the first time. The problem occured in February during a road trip with my family which consisted of two children and two adults besides my self. The transmission light came on while driving up hill through W.Virginia. I lost acceleration and reverse but was able to pull over into a gas station. I had on-star run a diagnostic and they informed it was a problem with the transmisson. The car had close to 48K miles and was towed to the nearset dealer. The dealer fixed the problem by getting GMC to authorized a new transmission therefore I wouldn't have trouble down the road. Now again less than 90 days later the problem arises again with the transmission during another road trip with my family. I have exactly 52,516 miles on my vehicle & I'm tired of the trouble at this point. I call GMC customer service and complained about the inconvenience of the vehicle and there product. The dealer in Massachutes has to take the tranmission apart and find out what's causing the problem. At this time I 'm considering getting into the market for a new vehicle. I fell like I spent way too much money on this vehicle for the troubles it's causing. Does anyone have any suggestions on which type of vehicle to purchase next??
    We're happy to help, austinsara, and thank you for your kind feedback!

Take care,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    tinkerbell9,

When you contacted GMC Customer Service, were you issued a Service Request number (71-**********)? If so, we'd be happy to check on the progress of your case.

If not, we can get one started for you as well - let us know!
    Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • tinkerbell9tinkerbell9 Member Posts: 2
    I did receive a service request number once I contact GMC customer service. Actually my case is moving up to the field representative.
  • jon116jon116 Member Posts: 1
    Last week my 2010 Acadia transmission began "slipping" and making "clicking" sounds from the engine.
    The dealer said that the engine oil was 3 QTS low, Transmission was 2 Qts low and power steering pump fluid was low. He said I waited too long between oil changes 9K and was the reason the fluids were low. It currently has 25k miles.

Does this make any sense to anyone????

I pay extra for the On Star service to tell me when to change the oil, which said I still had 20% oil life. Also, no low oil light or low transmission light came on on the dash.

I don't believe that all these fluid levels were low b/c of the time interval between oil changes.

Has anyone else experience such problems?

Thanks
    tinkerbell9,

I'm glad to hear that you've already gotten a case set up and that you will be working with your field representative. As they are more empowered to assist, I wish you the best!

Take care,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Good morning jon116,

I'm sorry that you've encountered some difficulties with your Acadia; I can understand where the confusion lies. Your vehicle is equipped with an Engine Oil Life System (OLS) that can project the expected life of the oil. However, the OLS does not measure the level of oil in the vehicle and so it is still a good idea to check the oil level regularly between changes (when you fill up your gas tank, for instance).

If we can follow up on this further, please get in touch with us via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • donl1donl1 Member Posts: 112
    Did your Acadia not come with a dipstick to check the engine oil sometime in those 9000 miles? :confuse:
  • sfstroupsfstroup Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I stumbled into this site and wanted to include my experience with the 2007 Acadia. We purchased the car a little over a year ago and, although we enjoy the ride and the solid feel of the car we have had non-stop recalls and similar issues as described here. Our front sunroof leaks, the electrical system has shorted out and, now at 65,000 miles the transmission is dead. As everyone knows the warranty is 5 yr/100,000 however we are one month over the warranty date.

We have serviced it at the dealer, and kept up with the recalls, and haven't put that many mile on it. We are now facing a 3500.00 bill and every time we have mentioned the electric system the dealer claims it is too complicated and or expensive to fix?! It just seems that there should have been a wider recall for this car given the issues.

Any thoughts? Has anyone had a similar problem with the electrical?

Much thanks,

Sfstroup
    Good morning sfstroup,
    I'm sorry to hear about your Acadia, and certainly understand how the repair costs can be overwhelming. If we can look into this further, please send the following information to socialmedia@gm.com so we can set up a service request through our department: your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership. I cannot guarantee what the result of the case will be, but we're happy to look into the situation further.
    All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • dompdomp Member Posts: 24
    Had the sunroof leak and the resulting electrical problem, but not the dead transmission problem. Perhaps another dealer could help with the leak/eletrical? The problem seems to be extremely common accross the acadia/enclave/traverse/outlook models so maybe another dealer is more familar with the issue. My dealer was able to do the leak and electric issue for around $1300. I think someone else from another dealer/area had a very similar issue done a little cheaper. Customer service seems to help some but not others so it's worth a shot - I haven't figured out why.
  • jjthkjjthk Member Posts: 4
    Anyone considering the purchase of a GMC Acadia needs to be aware of the issues I have had with my Acadia.

We purchased the vehicle used from a dealer, paid extra for the "Certified Preowned" classification to extend the warranty. The car had been in the shop multiple times prior to us buying it for the typical sunroof leak, which seemed to be resolved. The issues we have taken the car in for:

Clunking in the front end

Water pump leaking - lead to overheating and leaving my wife & kids stranded

GM had to disable the heated windshield wiper system due to fires - recall.

Front Struts had to be replaced at 58,000 miles - not covered by warranty - was also informed the rack & pinion unit has a bad seal and needs to be replaced - not covered by warranty & still leaking...

Transmission failed, 60,000 miles on it, on a 14 hour trip Thanksgiving 2011. GM REFUSED to install a new unit, despite the recommendations of the dealership. The dealership rebuilt the transmission. GM also refused to replace the transmission oil cooler, so the dealership had to do it's best to flush the cooler. When a transmission fails, it sends lots of tiny metallic pieces into the cooling system and you can never get it all out!! You can guess what the next failure is. I know this since my background is mechanical engineering with many years of personal automotive experience.

Transmission failed again Memorial weekend 2012 (6 months since rebuild!). The car is in the shop now for the latest transmission failure.

I love the looks of this vehicle, but the quality is lousy. The money I paid for this to be "certified" only certified it to be a :lemon: ! I will be trading this vehicle as soon as possible once it is back on the road. My wife and I wanted to buy American when we purchased this vehicle, but that is off the table now - sad to say.
    jjthk,
    I'm sorry that your experience with a Certified Pre-Owned Acadia hasn't been 100% satisfactory for you. Have you spoken with Customer Assistance in regards to these different concerns you've had with the vehicle? If not, we're happy to look into this further with you - please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with the following information: your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your current dealership. Even if we don't hear from you, I hope that all goes well with the transmission repair - I hope that your Memorial Day weekend wasn't spoiled by this incident!

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • saacadiasaacadia Member Posts: 4
    We took the Acadia on our scheduled trip. So far the transmission is not giving us any trouble and we are very happy. We did have a problem with our AC on this trip.

We placed a call early in the morning to Superior Buick GMC in Fayetteville AR and let Matt Daniel know that we were on the road and that we needed help (three kids in the car). I dropped the family off at the hotel and went there at 2pm as directed. I was met by Patrick Ossenkop who promptly took the Acadia into the shop where Mark Blais dropped what he was doing to help me out. I was in and out in an hour.

What a wonderful experience. They were professional and more importantly very kind. We are all very grateful and Cool!

Please let the dealership know Sarah.

Thanks again.
    I am so pleased to see these posts, saacadia, and happy that you are having such a great experience with your dealership. If you would like, we could set up a dealership compliment case to pass along to them - to do so we'd require the following information : your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, and the last 8 of your VIN.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • doandoan Member Posts: 2
    I have an 2008...trans been rebuilt 6 months ago, took back to dealer yesterday for same problem. I have had nothing but problems with this car, will never buy another GMC.
  • doandoan Member Posts: 2
    2008 had electrical problems where the battery would run down and when running the gauges would all go out. The car was in the dealer a number of times until they finally found that there was a wire shorting out in the steering column. When I would lower the steering column the wire was rubbing and there was a bare spot that would short out, the hard part it wouldn't do it all the time. Hope this helps.
  • netroutnetrout Member Posts: 1
    Recently purchased a new 2012 GMC Acadia... after 10 days the Transmission Failed... Vehicle had to be brought in on a Flatbed... then told by the Dealer they couldn't find anything wrong with the Car... Finally after demanding they take the vehicle out for a ride longer than up and around the block the Transmission failed... Told issue was a pressure valve... Now after having the car returned to me... believe vehicle shifts improperly... also has stalled when shifting from Reverse to Drive... Any comments, is anyone else having this problem... forget GMC... all I get to talk to is someone in South America...
  • ok_acadiaok_acadia Member Posts: 3
    This is the first GM vehicle I have ever owned.

My transmission just went out at 71,000. The water pump went out as a result of overheating due to the transmission issue. My warranty expired last month. Dealership has to rehaul the transmission. They've had my car for a week and a half already. Looking at $3,100 for the transmission and $500 for the water pump. This is after I had a steering issue that took over a week to fix. I noticed that day that the steering was having the issue all over again.

After reading so many people having similar issues, it seems GM should consider some type of major recall on this vehicle. I had been considering purchasing their Terrain, but I doubt I will go with another GM vehicle. Despite all the recalls (which I have had done), I really loved this car up until the last year. I'm very disappointed.
    netrout,
    What is your Service Request Number (71-**********)? We can look into the case if you would like to send either that number or the last 8 of the VIN to socialmedia@gm.com

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    ok_acadia,

I can understand your disappointment given the situation with your transmission. If we can look into this further with you, we'd be happy to do so. Please send us the following information to socialmedia@gm.com: your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current address, and the name of your involved dealership.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • fharoonfharoon Member Posts: 1
    Dear All

I bought a GMC Acadia 2008 when it was at about 70,000 KM, after a few thousand kilometers the transmission broke, I went through a transmission repair (complete overhaul) for about 2,500 US$. The workshop doing the repair gave a 6month/10K warranty.

During the warranty, the link b/w the transmission and the engine leaked (red fluid), that was fixed within the warranty. Also have the vent/purge solenoid related emission issues, which I'm ignoring....

Now I am at about 88,000 KM and the problem is starting to happen again, the reverse gear has started to become very unresponsive and gerky at times.

I am really fed-up with this GMC Acadia transmission. Sami-ali has already posted his experience about this card in Saudi Arabia, so I don't know if someone will help me.

I want to immediately sell this car if I have to get the transmission repaired again.

CAUTION to buyers, THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU BUY an Acadia.....particularly in the Middle East where you won't get the full 100k coverage.

This is really unfair from GMC, that they are continuing to ship this car without correcting the issue or doing a recall.
  • regnumregnum Member Posts: 2
    I can see every one has had the same 2 issues - jerking while accelerating and freezing in one gear. I drive my 2007 Acadia in UAE. The jerking is caused by faulty engine mounting. The freezing in one gear is caused by overheating of the overspeed sensor. I observed that it happens after long low-speed trips around the city in hot weather.
    My 3 friends bought Acadias following me, and all three have sold them with huge smiles on their faces and switched to Toyotas. I have been luckier so far...
    fharoon,
    I can understand why you're frustrated! Have you spoken with Customer Assistance in your region already? If not, you can likely find information on how tho contact them by visiting http://www.gmcarabia.com/content_data/LAAM/ME/en/GBPME/012/AE/index.html?cntryCd- =SA/

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • djmygodjmygo Member Posts: 1
    Call GMC directly and ask to speak to the director of service. Tell them you feel that the vehicle is dangerous to drive express your concerns. As well look up lemon law in your state
    So, they've had my car for three weeks now. They rebuilt the transmission and my car was finally returned to me after two weeks. It ran fine going home that afternoon. On my way in to work the NEXT morning, I started having problems again. I took it back in. They pulled the transmission again. A week later, they tell me they can't find the problem so they are going to put in a whole new transmission.

I'm trading this car as soon as I get it back. I didn't have any problems with it until the warranty ran out. This has been a nightmare, especially since I live and work outside of the city.
    So, now, they are saying because they had my car on the lift for so long, the struts went out and they had to order new ones to replace. Just another thing to be aware of, folks.
    ok_acadia,
    Thank you for your post. Please let me know how things go at the dealer. Please feel free to email me directly.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    SocialMedia@GM.com
    So GM Customer Service, I just took my Acadia back in today, June 26, for - yes- the transmission AGAIN!! Same problem just as I predicted. It's been about 3 weeks since I got the car back.

It seems the bean counters are dictating how cars are to be repaired. This is just mind boggling that GM refused again to install a new transmission after the second failure. I voiced all my concerns to the service people at Bill Deluca Chevrolet about the fact that they would not be able to get all dirt, metal shavings, etc out of the cooling system and transmission. Looks like I was right. The car is back in Bill Deluca Chevrolet (Haverhill MA). The car was bucking when it tried to shift. By the time I got it to the dealer it was stuck in 3rd gear and wouldn't shift at all.

I want the Acadia fixed the right way now that it has failed THREE times now in 6 months. This means:

New transmission
    New cooling lines
    New transmission cooler
    New Torque converter

This is the ONLY way to keep this thing from failing again. I'll be done with GM forever if this doesn't get resolved the right way this time.

The other thing to consider: GM has spent more $$ on labor & part rebuilding the transmission twice than it would have cost to replace it the first time as I had requested!
    I am unsure if you set up a Service Request through us as the incoming emails are generally answered by Christina. Please send us your case number or the last 8 digits of your VIN and we'll be sure to let your agent know of the situation.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    I sent an e-mail to the socialmedia address you gave in a previous reply. It contains all the information you had asked for.
  • jenknjjenknj Member Posts: 1
    We have had nothing but trouble since the purchase of our "certified new" 2007 GMC Acadia last April. Twelve days after we bought it, it was in the shop for a shorted headlight and a squeaking noise in the steering column. It needed a new power steering rack assembly. Then, just 5 months later I needed new front and rear brakes. And that's when the water leaks started- in the front, in the middle, in the rear- at some points it felt like it was raining in my car! Between November and January (2011-2012) the car was at the dealership 5 times while the service department tried to identify the cause of the leak. It's finally been resolved, but who knows what type of damage the water did to the interior controls, electrical system, etc.

Then it was in again in June for the front sway bar and brake rotors. The dealership tried to tell me I needed new brakes, but when I reminded them that I had just gotten new brakes in October- he "double checked" and then told me that "actually, they are fine." C'mon!!

Now it is in again for the TRANSMISSION! At 54,000 miles and only two months out of the "certified used" warranty, the 3-5 wave plate broke, and apparently I need a complete transmission rebuild. So another 2 weeks with out my car. If I added up all the days I haven't been able to drive it because it's been in the shop, it would probably equal a month's time. Plus, we have spent over $700 (before the cost of rebuilding the transmission!) on maintaining this car- and it's only been out of warranty for two months!!

I will NEVER purchase another GMC vehicle, and I will warn everyone who will listen that purchasing from this company is a mistake. With all of the transmission problems reported on this site, I am shocked that no one has brought a class action law suit against GM for this issue.
    It's a shame because I really love this car, when it's working. But I will never trust it again.
    jenknj,
    Thank you for taking your time to post your concerns. Have you spoke with Customer Assistance regarding your concerns? Can you please email me with your VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer? I would like to look into this further for you. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    SocialMedia@GM.com
  • hatemydenalihatemydenali Member Posts: 1
    I do have a case number but don't feel like the dealership is very concerned with fixing my car just giving me excuses. "If we paint where the molding don't have paint then the paint might not match the rest of the car because the diamond tri-coat is hard to match." "the car rolls back on inclines because the horse power isn't strong enough to keep the car from rolling back into who ever is behind you on the hill coming out of wal-mart, etc." So far we have had the wheel molding repainted because they were peeling within 4 months of getting car, the car was delivered to me after waiting 3+ weeks for the car to arrive with the door off track. The gear shift had to be completely replaced at 4 months because you had to force it down into gear, the chrome just peeled off the side of my car and scratched the door, the steering wheel was just replaced for squeaking when you turned, none of the door moldings had the paint completely to the edges. Sometimes it will die after starting but there is no way to figure that out unless it does it at the dealership, Sometimes it makes a loud whining noise but hasn't repeated it the last 2 weeks at the dealership. Sometimes when I'm driving down the road and I accelerate to pass it's like I'm in neutral and the car just whines instead of speeding up, then it will catch and then accelerate. I think the transmission is going out. I paid $50K for this piece of junk and I don't want it anymore. The lemon laws in Texas are 1 yr or warranty. Does that mean which ever comes first or what? We have had it 1 year this month and I have 14k on it. So disappointed in my "dream car"
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    You could file a complaint online with the BBB to initiate a buyback or contact a lemon law attorney. As you know complaining gets no where fast especially at the dealership.
    Good evening hatemydenali,

If you were to email your case number (or the last 8 of your VIN) to us at socialmedia@gm.com, we'd be happy to check into the progress there.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • simbimbosimbimbo Member Posts: 4
    So far I have had almost all of the issues listed on this forum

Sunroof recall. Drop headliner and fix drain hoses
    Transmission shifting issues. Reprogram TCMA
    Stretched timing chains. Drop engine and replace
    Headlight burnout. Replace connectors
    Squeaky Drivers seat, seat moves. Replace seat mounting rails.
    Weird A/C control issues. Hard to control temperature. Reprogram control modules
    Steering noise. Replace steering hoses
    A/C makes hissing noise. Replace A/C hoses
    Brake pedal noise. Replace brake fluid
    Wheel bearing failure. Replace hub assembly
    Erratic shifting, no reverse. Waveplate failure. Rebuild transmission.

The latest is the transmission failure, let me elaborate.

Well, I was at the dealership. for a front wheel bearing failure and the tech and I took it for a ride.. While on a test drive the car experienced a very hard shift into 3rd gear. The tech took it into the bay and topped off the transmission fluid, took it for a ride and said it seemed better..

I left the dealership and got on the on ramp to the highway and the car revved really high on a downhill ramp then banged into gear. I thought that was strange, so I continued on the highway. I then noticed some very erratic shifting and some more banging into gears, so I got off the highway. On the back roads I could hear a scraping noise in second gear and more hard shifting. I immediately called the dealership and told them I was heading right back, but may not make it.

When I arrived I grabbed the tech and we started to go for a ride, but when he put it into reverse, it began bucking and grinding. We didn't even try to take the test ride because it was so bad.

I'm sitting I the waiting room trying to figure out how I'm going to get a car that can tow my popup camper for our weekend camping/tubing trip.

P.S. this was going to be the first time I towed with this car, it has the tow package, I thought maybe it would be immune to the 3,5,R waveplate failure, but I guess I was wrong.

Once again, I can't tell you how happy I am with Vendetti Motors in Franklin, MA.... They have been extremely helpful with everything, but I'm becoming more and more concerned that this car may be a lemon. :lemon:

I would really like someone from GM to help me make sure a NEW transmission is installed, not merely rebuilt.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited July 2012
    What year is your Acadia? Someone was having problems with their Mustang transmission over in Edmunds Answers and the OEM replacement looks to be a reman. I think that most replacement transmissions are remanufactured, not "new".

Remanufactured is a lot different (in a good way) than a "rebuilt" transmission.