Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Transmission Problems

robynd1robynd1 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in GMC
To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing you today to express my dissatisfaction with my new 2010 GMC Acadia I purchased on June 11, 2010. I have had numerous problems with the car and employees of the dealership.

It started with the purchase. We went to SNK Dealership in Springfield, IL. When I told the salesman what I wanted on my car he stated that he could not find any car with everything I wanted on it. I requested DVD, Navigation, XM radio, and sunroof on a white GMC Acadia SLT2. 2 days later, he found one that was red, I took it. Then, he said he could not negotioate the price because he was only making $100.00 and SNK dealership was only making $400.00 on the deal. I found this incredulous.

A short time after buying the car I noticed windshield washer fluid on our garage floor. I took it back to SNK and sat there for 1 1/2 hour with my elderly mother only to have the mechanic come out and tell me they couldn't find anything wrong. He agreed to go back and look again and a half hour later he came to tell me that the problem was in the rear of the car. I tried to explain that the leak was in the front of the car under the motor. He immediately became aggitated and put his hand up and stated, (and I quote) "I will slow down for you. I will talk more slowly so that you can understand." I stood up and told him not to talk down to me. He walked off and I went to look for the salesperson who sold me the car. He tried to tell me that I misunderstood. When I went back to the waiting room a woman who had been sitting there stated to me, "Good for you." She heard everything and stated that they talked down to her, too. It turned out to be a windshield washer pump for the rear and could have been explained very easily without rudeness.

They ordered the part and fixed it later that week. We were asked by the salesman not to return the " GMC Buyer Survey" at all if we were going to put anything negative on it. My husband and I agreed we could not in good conscious, so we did not fill it out or send it in.

My husband and I both feel that the car never shifted right. There seemed to be a delay in shifting and when stopped at a stop sign on a slight incline it rolls backward as soon as you take your foot off the brake. I asked SNK about this and the mechanic laughed and stated that "...the car is heavy."

Then, on Friday, August 13th, I started the car and put it in reverse. The car jerked as if I was pushing on the gas and immediately the check engine lite, "check stabilitrak" and the traction lite came on. It was charging higher than normal and the RPM's were around 5-6 at 60 miles per hour. I called Onstar and they did a diagnostic and found 3 problems. Onstar called a dealer in Naperville, IL but they wouldn't get me in until Thursday, August 19th. I drove it a little farther and called Onstar again. They tried to call another GMC dealer in the area but noone answered. So Onstar arranged a tow and rental car.

I was informed that my rental car would only be paid for if it was a GMC product and the only GMC they had was an HHR which looked an felt like a gocart. I wanted and expected a car at least similar to the one I owned.

My car was towed to Bill Kay in Downers Grove, Illinois. I received a call from the mechanic later that night. I spoke with the mechanic on Monday and was told he would order parts and repair transmission. I asked about the other two problems Onstar found and was told they would take care of them, too. I later informed him of the recall on rear seat and he stated he would take care of it, too. Thursday morning I called and was told the parts are on back order and my car would not be done until next week at the earliest. I began packing to go back to Springfield and left shortly afterward. I received a call, after I was on the road, that some of the parts had come in so I turned around came back to wait. Friday the rest of the parts came in and I arrived at the dealership around 5:30 to pick up my car. The check engine lite was on and it was charging higher than normal. I also noticed a small scratch and chip on the left front bumper and oil or transmission fluid on my driver floor matt. I pointed these things out to the mechanic. He told me I could drive the car and repair it in Springfield. He said it was an oxygen sensor and something about emissions. He also denied scratching the car stating that it looks like a rock chip.

When I arrived at my home in Springfield the trunk would not open and the dash lights had been flashing on and off.

Back in Springfield I and took it to Friendly Chevrolet where it sits now. They have been very nice and easy to work with.

I am also VERY concerned about the resale or trade-in value of my car. I would not, and do not know anyone who would, buy a car that the transmission went out and had all these problems two months after it was purchased.

While I am writing this letter I would also like to mention the things I dislike about the car itself.

-the front air-conditioner vents are surrounded by shiny silver which reflects the sunlight in my eyes

-no power tilt steering wheel

-grooves in floor where rear seat slides are exposed and rear floor matt seems too small

-plastic around console and lower portion of front seats is easily moved by slight touch

-only holds 1 CD or 1 DVD at a time

-gas mileage is 14 MPG city and 16 MPG on highway which is a big issue since I drive 25,000 miles a year.

I just thought someone should know these things and would appreciate your insight on this matter.

****This is the letter I would like to send. Just don't know who to send it too. Please anyone help.

Comments

• donl1donl1 Member Posts: 112
    Try contacting Mariah GM Customer Service.
  • robynd1robynd1 Member Posts: 2
    I did and they have opened a case and am expecting another call today.
    Thank you
  • madatgmcmadatgmc Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Acadia SLT-2 that has 115,000 miles because I drive 120 miles a day roundtrip to work. I have had the common problems that everyone seems to have had: power steering pump, water leakage, transmission software updated, cam sensor, car rolling when parked on a hill even when emergency brake is on, etc.

But, this past Saturday did it for me. I was passing a car and when I sped up to pass, the accelerator stuck three times (i thought the engine was going to blow the RPMs went so high) before I could get the car off the road without a major accident. Luckily, there was no other traffic in front of me. It was the scariest moment of my life and my four year-old daughter was in the car too.

I took it to the dealership (scared to death it was going to happen again) and was told the timing chains were worn but shouldn't be at 115,000 miles and the clutch something on the transmission was shifting through from third to fifth. Because my 100,000 mile warranty had expired, it would cost me $4500 plus tax to repair. Needless to say I am getting a lawyer to help me fight this. 115,000 miles or not, my car should not put me in danger like that when obviously GM knows there is a problem with the transmission on these vehicles as everyone can see from all of these posts.

I am trying to find information about a class action lawsuit if anyone knows anything please reply. Thanks.
  • chuck2011chuck2011 Member Posts: 19
    good luck trying to get GM to repair their junk! Now that it is government motors there is no incentive to fix anything!
  • pallmanpallman Member Posts: 2
    I purchased my GMC Acadia in April of 2007 and have had numerous problems. The first transmission failed at 79,029 miles and the second one has failed at 143,348 miles. Prior to both transmission failures the car would not smoothly accelerate but "jerk" forward when the gas pedal was pushed on the highway. Another problem that occurred prior to both transmission failures was the engine would "race". I suspect that there is a design flaw in the transmission on this car. Does anyone have similar experiences.
  • vgirl1204vgirl1204 Member Posts: 2
    i have never had so much stress over a car before! and this is the newest car i have ever owned! and also the worse! i bought the car w 3700 miles on it. and it now has 6100 miles on it! i pay 500 a month for the car! and here are the problems i have had w it.....i broke down in 100 degree weather...my car told me to turn engine off now!!! i had to get towed from nj to pa...then was told the abeloff the gm place i took my car to would not be able to even look at the car for a day or 2. no one said anything to me about a rental...and i didn't know much about my warranty etc....i had a big party camping trip i was planning...i needed a car...so i went to enterprise i told them about my brandy new car sitting in the shop...and they gave me a rental...and because it wasnt a gm rental car i had to pay 180 bucks for the rental...even thou the part and everything was under warranty....well be asured i learned my lesson w that....now that happ on 7/17/10....everything seemed ok with the car....i agree w everyone w the gas mileage and some other issues....but i did noticed that when i come to a stop sign and i step on the gas it almost seems like the car doesnt go fully.....it takes longer to get my speed up...2 times i have almost got rearended because of this probelm! begininng of november out of now where i put my car in reverse and it seemed weird....by the time i pulled out of my driveway and put it in drive my check engine light came on....the car was maybe like stuck in third gear???!!! it sounded horrible and was making a loud banging noise like my transmission was gonna fall out....i drove it to the dealer....the told me i needed my transmission to be rebuilt!! i am not ok w my 2008 having a rebuilt transmission in it!! after calling gmc i got this lady charlie who is my case supervisor.....she was very rude i didnt like her at all....but her words to me where i assure our gm tecs are the finest...i was like really they are the ones that built the dam thing in the 1st place she said i dont appreciate the sarcasm! wow....but this is not it not only was the tranny messed up...but my drive shaft needed to be replace yep not cover under warranty and my power steering was leaking...and my gas gage was freaking out bouncing all over the place....yep all not covered under warranty....i raised hell and only had to pay 190 bucks for all of this....however i dont feel i should have had to pay anything!!! now on turkey day me and my mom are in my car on my way to my bar to cook thanksgiving dinner for alot of friends family and homeless when yep...i pull out of my driveway in reverse and then in drive i put it and the car does the extact same thing it did before...i had no choice but to drive it the 10miles to my place...i had to get there...i made it there..and my hubby and 2 friends drove the car...all experience the same thing....the check engine light was on and it again was like it was stuck in third gear....it took everything in me not to cry and freak out on turkey day...and i did pull myself together...the next day i call abeloffs and tell them...they get it towed to them...then they tell me nothing is wrong with the car...no check engine light no stuck in gear...the car i just fine...no error codes etc....i am like whatever that is bs...i beleive the reset my computer or changed a sensor and they dont want to tell me because they know i am at my wits end....i am so close to getting a lawyer it isnt even funny. and the more that the have to fix on it the better chance i have in court. i had to pay for the tow there also...because they said nothing was wrong w my car.....i will never buy a gm again ever...my husband wont...and my 3 kids wont...and i have no probelm sharing my story w all of my custmors..being a bartender well u get to talk alot....and it isnt a threat to gm i feel that people need to know...this just isnt fair!!! i want to trade the car in asap...but i will owe money on it..i have only had it for alittle of a year...and that stinks...and a part of me wants to keep the car and hope it does it again because then....well then i really have a case. i had consider talking to gm and telling them how unsafe i feel in this car and maybe getting a 2011 maybe they worked out the kinks etc...and maybe they could help me out w a good deal to not owe money on this car....but the truth is i wont feel safe in it....not after reading so many people are having the same probelms as me and then some are having even more....i honestly dont know what i am going to do...i wont drive the car on the parkway etc i am scared it will stick or idk. i was suppose to drive my mom home after turkey day...but she lives 2 hours there and 2 hours back and driving on the parkway etc....i was to worried so my brother got stuck taking her home....and the worse part is his car is like a 2002 piece of junk...and it wwas safer to take that then my 2008 500 dollar a month piece of junk :lemon:
  • ekfordekford Member Posts: 1
    I started car up today and trans was making an intermittant whining noise. When driving it
    1-2 was good got to 3rd and engine revs up then catches? Any idears?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    ekford,

I would encourage you to take your vehicle to your local GM dealership to be diagnosed. Please keep me posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • pallmanpallman Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a GMC Acadia in 2007 and have about 175,000 miles on it. The first transmission failed at about 75,000 miles, the second one about 145,000 miles and the third one at 175,000 miles. I am also beign told the whole engine is bad. Prior to all three transmission failures the car would not smoothly accelerate but "jerk" forward when the gas pedal was pushed on the highway. Another problem that occurred prior to all three transmission failures was the engine would "race". I suspect that there is a design flaw in the transmission on this car. Does anyone have similar experiences. Frustrated in Tampa.
    pallman,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
  • mmmauldinmmmauldin Member Posts: 1
    Hey. i wanted to let you iknow that you aren't the only one with this problem. I've taken in to the local GM dealership about 25 times since October 29, 2010 with the SAME problem. They will not do anything until it shoots out a trouble code. I am very frustrated because i am sure it is going to leave us stranded on the road one day. I've put a call in to GM and all they are willing to do is offer me 1,500 off a new vehicle. I have not accepted that offer because I think it is a waste of my time. We are to the point where we are ready to just park it and never use it.
  • archcardsarchcards Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Acadia. We purchased it about a year ago. It only has 32,000 miles on it.
    About 70% of the time when you accelerate, it takes several seconds for it to respond.
    This has created a couple of dangerous situations.
    I'm not sure how the throttle is designed but it's certainly not of good quality.
    This is extremely unsafe and Acadia owners need to be aware.
    GM really has lost a lot of quality over recent years. Interior looks and feels more like a Mattel Toy product.
    Thanks,
    Archie S.
  • cepierce1cepierce1 Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2008 (I posted on this site in May, 2011 about my Acadia ) - we had the same identical problem and this was the start of engine failure. The 361 litre engine is a BAD engine. GM claimed "improper maintenance" but would NEVER put it in writing - we regularly changed the oil and had proof - the car only had 34,000 miles on it. The dealer - without our permission - took the engine out of the car, and tore it down to millions of small pieces, thus making it impossible to put together and put back in our car. We hired a lawyer, The Atchison Firm, in Mobile, AL, and 1 letter later - we got a NEW engine with the warranty continued until 100,000 miles and ALL of our rental car expenses reimbursed. Don't be afraid to take them on......you can win!
  • rinconmikerinconmike Member Posts: 4
    I have an issue too. Around 54K on my 2007. Same throttle issues and now transmission. I had it into the dealer 2 weeks ago reporting trans issues and they stated no issue, but charged be $300 to flush the trans.

This morning on the way to work, the car seems to be locked in 1st gear. Then the check engine light came on. Luckily it was a couple miles from work, but now I am not sure how I am getting the car back to the dealer.

Customer Service from GM is horrible.
    archcards,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Have you had the vehicle diagnosed? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
    rinconmike,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle and having to go back to the dealership. Since you have spoken with GM Customer Assistance could you please email me the case number? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
  • apuen2apuen2 Member Posts: 1
    Whenever I heard there was a problem with the transmission. I would say I don't have that problem. Until today!! I have a GMC Acadia 2007, took it in to dealer. Transmission problem. I am not happy. But I guess known issue and GMC doing nothing for it. I mean it's all over the Internet. So all of us owners are s.o.l?
    apuen2,
    Have you taken your vehicle to the dealer? If not, I would recommend starting there. I would be happy to look into recall information for you vehicle, I would just need you to email me your VIN. Have a great day!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • tuffsubjecttuffsubject Member Posts: 20
    I just finished a weekend trip when my transmission failed on the Interstate highway. RPM jumped to 4000 while speed rapidly declined, then transmission warning lamp came on. OnStar checked and the code indicated a stuck solenoid. Towed to dealer. Didn't take them long to decide they needed to pull the transmission to diagnose further. The next status update I got was they were overhauling the transmission -- not exactly sure what's being replaced but sounds like a major repair. Thankful for the 5yr/100K factory warranty. Also thankful that the dealer repair shop is handling this so expediently.

I had flushed/changed transmission fluid at 49K. Transmission has always seemed to jerk/slip, but until it failed I was always told this is how this model behaves, it is "normal".

2008 GMC Acadia SLT.
    tuffsubject,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with the transmission. I am happy hear the dealership is taking caring of you. Please keep me posted on any information from the dealership. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you,
  • pitt6pitt6 Member Posts: 1
    I just had my 2007 Arcadia SLT2 towed to the dealership today for transmission failure. They said Number 5 Solenoid is stuck and has other issues. It has 74000 miles on it. Love this vehicle. first time we had any problems. Also had engine code 496 I believe, something about a fuel evaporator valve.
    pitt6,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with the transmission. Please keep me posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
  • tuffsubjecttuffsubject Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2011
    I got my Acadia back last Thursday (only 4 days in the shop to rebuild the transmission). It required a total rebuild, metal shavings were throughout the fluid and all the parts heavily scored. But, they took care of it 100% -- no questions asked. Couldn't ask for better service (except, maybe that the problem didn't occur at all!)

One funny thing, I received a monthly OnStar report in the midst of the transmission rebuild. It reported "no issues found" with engine/transmission. LOL. Here is what that looked like"

https://s-hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/174970_2295361353136_1522141142_32463412_393222- -_o.jpg">
  • sflaggsflagg Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Acadia. A few days ago I my car ceased to move in the middle of an intersection on an overpass. I had both kids in the car and the dog. I didn't feel safe in the car as people flew past and it certainly wasn't safe to get out of the car. The whole point of me choosing this car was to have room for kids, dogs and stuff and to feel safe! It's the transmission! Again!! This is the
    second time it's gone out on me!

It is extremely frustrating! I am waiting to hear news. The car has been at the dealership since Monday!
  • teubanks1teubanks1 Member Posts: 1
    I had this exact same thing happen to us in our 2008 GMC Acadia last fall. They told us it was a stuck solenoid too and replaced the transmission. NOW, I just took it in with issues and it is the transmission again. Apparently there is a solenoid that is bad again.
  • azorazor Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2008 Acadia in april 2008 with 7,000 miles. I really Don't know what to do anymore. One month after i purchased this suv, It has been in the shop every three months with problems. How can we keep making our payments when we are spending more in the shop. the airbag gets fixed every other month. The electrical failed. The engine wouldn't turn off. The roof leaked. The transmission is going out , the engine jerks when i am idol and wants to die. This vehicle literally goes in the shop every other month for problems. I have had it serviced at the same dealership since purchased. Every time it goes in the shop the price is more expensive.
    edited August 2011
    What is the mileage on your vehicle now?
    sflagg,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. By chance have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
    teubanks1,

Please keep me posted on any information from the dealership. By chance have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance?

Thank you,
    azor,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. By chance have you been in contact with GM Customer Assistance? If so, could you please email me your case number? I would like to look further into your situation.

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
  • tlewis1314tlewis1314 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased an 08 Acaidia and have some of the same problems. It started with the service airbag light and I've now had it it for that twice. It is also currently acting up again as well. But worse I am now having transmission problems, no reverse and it's stuck in 3rd gear. Manual shifting doesn't work and I can't accelerate over 35mph. Help!!!!!
    tlewis1314,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Can you please send me your VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • tlewis1314tlewis1314 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Christina,

Thanks for posting back. The vin number is: 1gkev337x8j297001. The mileage is 44,000 and we took it to team chevrolet here in scottsbluff,ne. They have told me that the transmission needs repair and it will be covered under warranty. They have also provided us a rental car. So far great service. Thanks for looking into this Issue. I will keep you updated on my end.

Todd
  • rspillrspill Member Posts: 1
    I am so disappointed. After buying well-tuned Japanese cars, I finally decided to support USA manufacturing and General Motors and what do I get for it? An overpriced gas guzzler with an engine with known defects that now requires a TOTAL transmission rebuild after only 58K miles. Can you believe this? Also how many years is GMC going to hide the fact that they sold a faulty drivetrain.

It's really telling when you pull into the dealer service center and they say "let me guess the transmission, right?" or "yeah, 2007 and 2008 have very problematic transmissions....I would be lying if this is the first one that has come through here." Wow, what a confidence builder after shelling out $38K (and more like $45K after interest is computed)

I have never hadthis type of stress or disappointment over a car before with $500 per month payments in this economy and the car's engine can't even run longer than my toro lawnmower ! What's this going to be worht when it comes time to resell.

Also, talk about disingenuous advertising. The EPA mileage numbers are way over stated. Why is the EPA not fining GMC for this; oh yeah I forgot.

This car has had a few recalls, electrical, wipers, seatbelt, etc. Not a big deal in car terms. But the transmission; that's another story. It is the heart of the engine. As the service tech put it the design is faulty and all of the critical parts are wholly compromised once a plate slips. The worst part is that the design flaw cannot be solved to my knowledge so its a lemon.

I think people should think class action here folks. Let me know if you haev a good attorney.
    what it will take is for GM to make a transmission that will fit to your vehicle that has none of the defects in it. They can keep repairing it over and over but the design flaw makes it fail after only a few miles. Like you said its a huge disappointment to invest heavily in this car and see it break down all the time. Little wonder GM is in the place it is...in fairness they should repair it properly under goodwill.
    rspill,

EPA is responsible for providing the fuel economy data that is used on the fuel economy label (or window sticker) on all new cars and light trucks and not General Motors. For more information regarding EPA please visit: http://www.epa.gov/fueleconomy/basicinformation.htm

By chance have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? Could you please email us your VIN? We would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
  • hydro8hydro8 Member Posts: 2
    I have 07 Acadia bought new. The trans started acting up today 55K. Stuck in 2nd or 3rd. I made it home from 4mile trip to pick up my daughter. The trans has always shifted funny. It's how the CVT (Continuous Variable Transmission) trans are. Don't like it but its what i got. Called the dealer they will check it out next week. I hope all is covered under the 100K/5yr. My brother is a trans mechanic for more than 24yrs and these CVT trans are not liked by most. Majority of trans shop wont even touch them. Best to see the dealer. He highly discourages trans flushing. When you flush the trans you stir sediment up and can cause more bad than good. We have had some other issues like gears striping on electric motor for the rear hatch after a few months. Power steering whines. It was driving me crazy. I changed fluid when that didn't work. I replaced the cap. It helped some. I still think im getting small amount of air in the system which is causing the noise. The rubber seal on the power steering cap is to small doesn't seal properly. This summer the a/c stopped working. Took to dealer and they did a software update it cost me $100 for the diagnostics. ABS/TC light came on although brakes seemed to be working fine. Check the brake fluid all good so i thought. I couldn't figure what that one out with my wife 7month pregnant i needed to get these brakes fixed fast so I took it to the dealer. It turned out they put about 1.5 oz of break fluid. only charged me 1/2 of the diagnostics. That was some expensive brake fluid LOL! So the fluid level sensor is very sensitive. Hard lesson learned that time. Overall we love the Acadia not happy with the trans. Sounds like there truly is a design flaw with the CVT trans. I see lots of others with trans issue with low mileage.

v/r
    hydro
  • bdymentbdyment Member Posts: 573
    Something is wrong with your posting. The Acadia does not have a CVT transmission. It is a regular six speed automatic. It has never had a CVT. This is the same vehicle as the Buick Enclave and Saturn Outlook. They have all had similiar problems. Water leaks, transmission problems, etc.
  • hydro8hydro8 Member Posts: 2
    Yep you are right no CVT trans. It has the 6T75 six speed auto. This trans does shift smoothly to the point you don't really fill the gears change and i thought it was the CVT. Thanks for the input.

v/r
    hydro
  • rinconmikerinconmike Member Posts: 4
    After my 2007 Trans blew at 54K in august and took them over a month to fix coupled with horrible service from the dealer I traded in the Acadia once fixed for a non GM car.
  • rickrnrickrn Member Posts: 1
    We have a 2008 Acadia with 27,000 miles. It's the wife's car so we do not drive it long distances. Last night while on the freeway I hit the gas to pass another car. There was a brief pause then if felt like I was rear ended. It was so sudden that I still feel the effects today. Then this morning it did the same when I accelerated after a stop. Any ideas what it might be? We have already delt with the leaky water pump and headlamp covers that melted.
    rickrn,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Have you spoke with a dealer? If not, I would definitely recommend doing so. Have you spoke with Customer Assistance? Can you please send me your VIN? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • bgiovanolibgiovanoli Member Posts: 3
    Hi, this is my story

I'm a foreigner from Europe and apologize my spelling mistakes. Two weeks ago I bought a used GMC Acadia 2008 from Kona Madza Dealer here on Big Island Hawaii. While doing the test drive the engine lamp was illuminated. The dealer promised that they know the problem and that some engine parts have to be replaced before they hand over the car. Days later I wanted to pick up the car and Kona Madza apologized that GMC sent the wrong parts. But they handed over the car with the agreement that as soon they get the parts they will call me and replace the parts. Then, three days later the car broke midst of a junction. The engine was still running but the car did not move. I had to tow the car back to the dealer and after days they found out that the transmission might be broken. Because I bought the car on "as it is" I should also py the replacement/repair. I would understand if that would happen after months but not less than a week! Very frustrating, mainly after the dealer promised that they checked the car before they released it!

I would be very thankul for any help or ideas how I could get out of this misery.
    Thank you and best regards
    :mad: - Bruno
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    That "as is" sign pretty much sums up everything as it releases the dealer from any liability due to parts failure. You mentioned that the dealer received the wrong parts. What wrong parts did they receive that needed to be replaced?

You could call the general manager of the dealership and plead your case. Dealers have been known to do goodwill work. The chances are not very good that you will find any help from them but you won't know until you ask.

This Kona Mazda that you are referring to actually called Big Island Motors?
    obyone

Thanks for your response and the hint to contact the GM.

I have to admit that I don't know exact what parts the dealer wanted to replace. It was just naiv but I didn't care about the details if they fix the engine problem.

Yes, I mean Big Island Motors

Best regards
    Bruno
    bgiovanoli,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Can you please send me your VIN? I would like to look into this for you. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    Christina

Thank you for taking care! The VID of the Acadia is 1GKER13738J117401

Best regards - Bruno
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    A lesson learned, hopefully it is not financially painful. Any time you buy something and the seller promises you something, make them put it in writing. If they refuse, then walk away from the deal and shop elsewhere. Good luck.
  • paulie3408paulie3408 Member Posts: 1
    I feel the pain. I have had 2 tranny updates but nothing seems to work. I have a similar story that I found on a website to NHTSA. ref: http://www.arfc.org/complaints/2008/gmc/acadia/10352620.aspx I am going back to the dealer for the final time before I file my complaint. I am afraid for my safety and others.
  • jessicajojessicajo Member Posts: 3
    i just recently purchased an 2008 acadia. Ihad to have the transmission rebuilt.It went out at only 50,000.I had a noise in the front end and not long after that i could not get it togointo reverse. the engine was revving on its own. took it tothe gmc dealership they said there was no reverse/ 3rd or 5th gear.the clutch was burnt and the drum was damaged.and the modular component was broken. I saved my money for a year just tobe able to afford the used acadia. i love the ride,the wayit looks.my family fits great init.i amjust worried that the transmissionis going to go out again.is that a good possibility? considering i still owe 18,000 0n the car.should i trade it in whileit isworth the most at this time? Is it just the 2007 and 08 models the oneswith problems? do the newer models have a better transmission design?frustrated??