Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Chevy Equinox

Comments

• dman001948dman001948 Member Posts: 14
    When you looked at the Sticker on the window, what did it say that come with the model you are buying? Thats where you know if it does or does not have the items you want. Hope that helps.
  • dman001948dman001948 Member Posts: 14
    If I was to drive 55-60 on I-10 they would run all over me to include the semi's. I drive with the flow of the traffic. Don't have enough miles on the SUV yet to get a good avg.
  • 28shortstop28shortstop Member Posts: 6
    Strong consideration for Equinox, struggling with V6 vs. 4 - want the LTZ.....any help with what people paid? Thanks for consideration.
    LTZ with navi. - Thanks.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    We have a whole discussion dedicated just to pricing:

Chevrolet Equinox Prices Paid and Buying Experience
    Yes, however, nothing current in that forum......thanks anyway.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    jdp4,

The rear parking assist is an available option starting on the 2LT. It is included and only available with the Chrome Appearance Package. The Chrome Appearance Package includes body-color bumpers with bright front and rear lowers, bright chrome door handles, outside rearview, power, manual-folding heated chrome mirrors and luggage rack side rails, roof-mounted, charcoal with bright chrome inserts.

The remote vehicle starter system is standard for the 2LT.

I would encourage you to speak directly with the dealership. Have you used the Build Your Own tool located on www.Chevrolet.com?

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • dksandwickdksandwick Member Posts: 5
    If you want the rear parking assist on the 2LT you need to order the chrome appearance Package. Ordering code is R13
  • jdp4jdp4 Member Posts: 6
    no sticker on window. Dealership did not have this trim model. We ordered from the factory. Am only going by the specs on the Chevrolet build your vehicle website that states rear parking assist was standard. Advanced remote start was stated as standard also but the faq section of the Chevrolet website is saying that this is not standard either so now I am afraid the vehicle I ordered is not going to have on it what I thought it was. The salesman who ordered the car does not seem very sure either. He states the rear parking assist is not standard but the he believed the advanced remote start is.
    I did try the Build Your Own tool on the Chevrolet website. That is how I figured out what make and model vehicle I finally decided to buy. Equinox won out for all the standard features it came with that we were looking for. In the end it had everything I was looking for and things my husband felt were important. Could not find the exact car available that we wanted so we decided to order the car. Then the doubts set in. Went on faq on the Chevrolet website and asked if advanced remote vehicle start was standard on the 2 LT and if rear parking assist was standard as stated in the Chevrolet website under specs. I was told that neither were standard and both needed to be ordered as an option. I was very upset at what I felt was deceptive advertising and wondered what else the car would not have on it that I expected to have according to the Chevrolet website. I called the dealership with my questions and the salesman did not seem very sure. He had to call me back a couple of times but told me he was pretty sure the advanced remote start was standard on the 2LT but that the rear parking assist was available as an option. You state that the advanced remote start is standard on the 2LT. Does this mean that just ordering the 2011 Equinox in the 2 LT trim as we did the advanced remote start will be included in the vehicle? As for the rear parking assist, may be the specs on the website for the 2LT need to be a little more explanatory because all it states is that this item is standard. Are there any other items that I am expecting to have on my vehicle because they are stated as standard on the Chevrolet website that may not actually be standard? I have never bought a new car in my life before and definitely never ordered one. All of this confusion is a little scary. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. thanks
  • onefunkaronefunkar Member Posts: 113
    it is illegal for a new car to not have a window price sticker on it. large fine for dealer of caught.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    Sounds like you need a new dealer. Any sale man with any brains at all should be able to make a phone call and get a answer.
  • norbnancynorbnancy Member Posts: 118
    My 2011 Nox 2Lt has back up warning(ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist) as option package called "Chrome Appearance Package" M.S.R.P. $695. Remote vehicle start is standard on the 2LT.This info is available in the sales brochure which should be available at dealership. This info is readily available to the salesman. If the car has been recently ordered, your order can be changed to include Chrome package. Either way, I think you will enjoy your Equinox.
    Thanks for your help. The salesman did not have any brochure on the Equinox. The dealership was out of them. Everything says the rear parking assist is an option but on the Chevy website under specs for the 2LT it is stated as standard and that is where the confusion came in. I was also told by e-mail from frequently asked questions on the chevy website that the remote vehicle start was an option. I was assuming it was standard and wanted to get the right answer. Customer service from GM says the remote vehicle start is standard and the rear parking assist is option. So I guess I will be okay when I get the vehicle. Rear parking assist was not a deal breaker but remote start was.

Glad you are enjoyng your Equinox and hopefully when it arrives from the factory it will have everything on it we expected. I guess I just have to trust the salesman. He keeps saying his job is to make me happy and will do anything he can to achieve that. Of course, he does not want me to cancel my order so we will see once the car gets here. Anxiously waiting for it to be built. Production date is very soon so in a few weeks after that the car will arrive. Thanks so much for your help
    Everytime we order a Chevy my salesman sits down at the computer with me and we order it together. This way I get to see what I want or can't get and when it is all over he prints out two sheets as ordered. This way there are no surprises.
  • norbnancynorbnancy Member Posts: 118
    You should plan on a week plus for shipping to your dealer from the production date. It comes from Canada. It's worth the wait.
    From you answer above I am assuming, I know that is not a smart thing to do, but anyway, I am assuming that everything except the rear parking assist that is listed as standard on the Chevrolet build your own website will be on my vehicle, including remote vehicle starter, heated outside mirrors, rear view camera, etc. Since the rear parking assist was listed as standard on the build your own website I am leary about what else may be missing when the car is delivered to the dealership. Thank you for all of your help.
    jdp4,

Do you have the order number or VIN, if so could you send them to me in an email? I would be happy to see if I am able to check to see what options are listed on the vehicle.

Thank you,
    I do not have your e-mail address to send the order number to. I do have an order number. Can I post it here for you?
    edited April 2011
    You can click on Caron's member name to get to the Profile - that's where you'll find members email addresses (if they've chosen to make them public).
  • rez1014rez1014 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a new 2011 Equinox at the end of March. My new car has less than 2000 miles on it and I've already had to take it to be serviced twice! The car was less than week old when it blew a tire on the freeway. The tire blew on a Saturday and after calling service and not being able to take it in until Tuesday I get there to only have them tell me that they have to order the tire and i have to drive around on the donut for another 3 days. First of all - they could have told me this over the PHONE instead of makeing me lose half a day's work with this nonsense. When they got the tire they tried to tell me that the flat one had a screw in it, but when i got the work order back it had no mention of any puncture and noted that the tire would not hold air and that they had to replace the whole rim.
    Two weeks later, while putting the car into drive from reverse it stalled. Then it started stalling at stop signs, and then the check engine light went on. Long story short my car has now been in the shop for over week, as they wait for new part to arrive so they can fix the timing actuator.
    I am so fustrated and disapointed at this point! I bought this car because of its #1 one rating but now I'm sorely regretting not buying a Honda. I bought a new car that Ihaven't even been able to drive! At this rate it will have been in the shop longer than it has been out. I'm irritated at how the service guy thought that washing my car when I eventualy get it back will somehow make everything better. That basically sums up their whole attitude towards me..like i should be happy they are fixing the car or happy that they were open when it broke down. The car does not even have 2K miles on it. I could go on and on about other things... like not having a rental availble and and dumping a 5 year old gas guzzler on me as loaner. What am I entitled to here? HELP!
    rez1014,

Please keep me posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
  • brd79brd79 Member Posts: 1
    Been researching online about buying a new Equinox and am wondering how much interior space they have? I am tall (6'8") and concerned if I'll fit comfortably for long trips
  • bob2560bob2560 Member Posts: 8
    Buy a LTZ model, (power seat w/memory) with no sun roof, which you may have to factory order. After looking a every SUV, I found that the Equinox gave me the best seating position (the seat back vertical, my hips and knees are the same height and my legs are not splayed due to the steering column). At 6'2",34" inseam, I'm not as tall as you are, but I don't have the drivers seat all the way back either. I have a 4 cylinder, FWD, @ 65mph I get 29 MPG and 32MPG in the 55 mph range. Good luck!
  • ddvoreddvore Member Posts: 1
    The V6 Equinox is not a waste of money, nor is it a way for dealers to move you up in price. The V6 in the equinox gets 264 horsepower, whereas the 4-cylinder equinox gets 128 horsepower. Do the math, it makes a BIG difference in how the vehicle drives. I've driven both, and the V6 drives wonderfully. The reason you don't hear a lot of complaints about the V6 is because it's a bigger engine for the same sized vehicle, which means it doesn't have to work as hard to get the same job done.

The traverse is indeed bigger, and more expensive, and serves a different purpose that the equinox. If you have no more than 2 kids and will primarily be using the vehicle to go back and forth to work, get the equinox. It's big enough to meet your needs and an easier drive for your daily commute.

If you have 4 or 5 kids or take a lot of road trips, the travers may be worth the upgrade in price and size, because it will better meet your needs than the equinox. It all depends on what you will be using the vehicle for.

Chevrolet makes a wide variety of vehicles to meet a wide variety of needs and lifestyles. Sounds like Cold Hero really likes the traverse though. :0)
    brd79,
    The front seat leg room is 41.20 inches. All of the GM web sites have a chat now option that allows you to ask pre-purchase questions to a live agent. They can assist with dealer information, locating vehicles, navigation of the web sites, option and feature availability, as well as incentives. I hope this information helps.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    We just purchased an LTZ for my wife and I rode in back while the salesperson gave her a tour. I am 6'2" and my son is 6'3" and he and I both were very comfortable and when we slide the back seat further back, we were amazed at the room. Front seat leg room is terrific as well....it has been 2 weeks, seems like a perfect choice for my wife and the family. We shopped hard for form and fit, this vehicle was a surprise and we feel good about it. Rear cargo is OK for this time on our lives, if we had a carriage among other things it would still be "OK".....coming from a Honda Odyssey - a real size change, it's a win so far.
    I think you mean 182 not 128 horses.
  • overtheedgeovertheedge Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2011
    Picked up a new LT2 with 4 Cyl. in early april. Have accumulated ~ 2000 miles. Latest FE around town, mixed hwy and city = 26.5 MPG. Mostly Hwy with no wind and going Speed Limit = 31.9 MPG. We have 2 small kids and they are happy. The kid seat anchors are easy to access. The moving backseat is extremly handy for moving stuff. We also got the leather to try and avoid stains. This decision, has so far panned out well. We took a 200 mile trip last weekend and found the seats really comfortable.

Acceleration is fine for most driving. The 6 speed seems to offer really good gear ratios because the launch is great for a 4 Cyl. vehicle of this size and "presence". We bought the vehicle for the style, comfort and FE, and we are really happy with our decision so far. Our understanding is that GM Engineers are implementing additional powertrain upgrades to make this vehicle even better, but we could not wait for the 2012s.
  • overtheedgeovertheedge Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2011
    Just wondering if you have the 4 or 6 cylinder. The transmissions are different for each. That being said, they are both based on the same power flow and basic controls architecture. The controls are set up to monitor shift speeds and will adapt to driving conditions. The Transmission Control System (TCM) will send a signal to the shift solinoids to increase pressure to the clutch to keep shift times at the desired level, ie; quick and clean shifts. These newer six speeds employ clutch to clutch shifting, instead of Friction to One Way Clutches that were used in the older 4 speeds, so the calibrators may add some time space between the offgoing clutch while the ongoing clutch comes on at cold temperatures (more viscous oil), to avoid a "tie up" in the planetary gear system (which is bad). If there is a detrimental long shift occuring, the TCM will trigger a code.
  • avg823avg823 Member Posts: 9
    I am experiencing the same noise. Mine occurs every 10-12 seconds. The noise seems to be triggered by the air conditioner kicking on and off every few seconds. I was also told that this noise was normal. However, I drove a friend's Equinox and it definitely did not make that noise.
  • bob2560bob2560 Member Posts: 8
    I have the fwd 4 cylinder. Everything is working well. Thanks for the info.
  • flatline13flatline13 Member Posts: 1
    Got a 2011 LTZ in feb/11. 4cyl.
    I have owned Chevys for over 16 years. Stopped buying FORD back then. I dont want to buy a car from a foreign owned company. So when I down seized from the TAHOE my options were (self) limited.

My view of the Equinox: it has a plastic look and feel to it, what I mean by that is its cheap. The best mileage I have got is 24 mpg. (way off from the sticker). I popped for the NAV unit ($2,000). Its not designed well, the steering wheel has only one function button and to use the NAV or Radio you have to take a hand off the wheel, the buttons are so far from the wheel that you have to reach way over and lean up. Not a safe thing to do, plus it becomes a lot of work. There is no voice command that is useful, it has like maybe 10 things you can do by voice, and thats for the radio and NAV. Then you have to pay extra to XM radio, for things that come standard in every car I know of.....traffic and weather on the NAV.

I went to get my first oil change. You have to use synthic oil, so expect your oil service to go from $25 to $105.

The car does have an O.K. ride, the pick up is better than I expected from a 4 cyl, and the cabin is quite at low speeds, the stereo has good sound. I like the look (if you can get over the plastic feel).

We will see how well the car does with things breaking it only has 4k now.

Over all I would say that I'm not impressed, it is not an inexpensive vehicle after all the bells and whistles, so I expected more.

I dont hate the car though.

Would I buy another? NOPE dont think so................
  • ronwelronwel Member Posts: 57
    My father has a 2011 Equinox and I have a 2010. We have never used synthetic oil. Who said you had to use synthetic oil?
  • avenrowemanavenroweman Member Posts: 8
    I too have a 2011 Equinox LTZ and my last oil change done by the dealer the truck was purchased from cost me $33.92. I'm sure they didn't use a synthetic oil.
    edited June 2011
    The 2011 models ALL have to use the Dextro oil which is half regular and have synthetic. Don't know on the 2010's. If you don't it cancells out your warranty on the engine. Read the Manual. Thats why they spend millions of dollars printing them. :shades:
  • ronwelronwel Member Posts: 57
    edited June 2011
    I get my dealership to do the oil changes every 5000km....they have never used sythetic oil yet. Cost me around $30.00-$40.00. Since the 2010 and 2011 use the same engine, I have to believe that they would have the same oil requirements.

I'll check with my dealership next time to see what they are doing.

I know my manual inside and out...plus I'm in the printing business...so I encourage GM to spend millions on printing!

***Just read my 2010 manual...does not say anything about Dexos oil. The recommended oil is SAE 5W 30. I'll check my fathers 2011 manual tonight to see if there is a difference. (Maybe a Canadian vs US regulations thing???)

****Just read the 2011 manual. The manual does reccomend Dexos oil, but does state "you may use substitute engine oil displaying the API Starburst symbol and of SAE5W-30 viscosity grade." So...it does not sound like you would void your warranty.

Just got this from the Dexos website...
    "It is specified in the owner's manual for all 2011 and later model years, with the exception of Europe where dexos™ is specified starting in model year 2010."
  • onefunkaronefunkar Member Posts: 113
    all 2011 gm cars in the us must use dexos oil or engine warranty may be voided. most oil change places and dealers probably havnt caught on to this yet but eventually will.
  • wingrootwingroot Member Posts: 43
    A fact. 2011 must use DEXOS (5G) in 2011 NOX. My dealer put in 4G oil by mistake....had him drain and replace filter with 5G dexos. He new he made a mistake with regular oil...
    edited June 2011
    The GM Tech Center says:

"If dexos1 is not available, acceptable substitute engine oil for 2011 models includes:

· SAE-5W-30 viscosity grade oil displaying the API Starburst symbol for all 2011 model year vehicles with naturally-aspirated engines, except Corvette, Camaro SS (with LS3 engine) and CTS-V
    · SAE 5W-30 viscosity grade oil meeting the GM4718M specification (such as Mobil 1 Full Synthetic) for 2011 model year Corvette, Camaro SS (with LS3) engine, CTS-V and vehicles with turbocharged engines"

Under the example owner's manual section, it says:

"Notice: Use only engine oil that is approved to the dexos™ specification or an equivalent engine oil of the appropriate viscosity grade. Engine oils approved to the dexos™ specification will show the dexos™ symbol on the container. Failure to use the recommended engine oil or equivalent can result in engine damage not covered by the vehicle warranty. If you are unsure whether your oil is approved to the dexos™ specification, ask your service provider.

Use of Substitute Engine Oils if dexos™ is unavailable: In the event that dexos™ approved engine oil is not available at an oil change or for maintaining proper oil level, you may use substitute engine oil displaying the API Starburst symbol and of SAE 5W-30 viscosity grade. Use of oils that do not meet the dexos™ specification, however, may result in reduced performance under certain circumstances."

If someone wants to use Valvoline SAE-5W-30 to save a few bucks (Shell and the other suppliers will have to pay GM a "royalty" to brand their oil "dexos"), I think GM is going to have a hard time denying a warranty claim since they permit substitution "if not available." The FTC may have a say too if they think GM is requiring a "tie-in" sale to keep the warranty in force. I live in a small town in the boonies - do I have to mail order approved oil if my 7/11 doesn't have?

What may not be available is the extra $20 for a jug of oil over what Walmart SuperTech costs. :confuse:
  • rocketentrocketent Member Posts: 60
    I've talked to my GM service manager, a local oil whole seller and three independent mechanics and not one believes this oil is better for my Nox than good ole 5W30. It sounds more like a marketing scheme than anything else.
    Wouldn't my Chevy dealer want to use dexos1 if it were better? They don't!

Show me proof - not words. Until then, I will refer to this as Snake Oil.
    edited June 2011
    Well, it sounds like it may have some mpg and emissions benefits. Not so sure that the benefits warrant licensing it and putting a special brand name on it though. An SAE designation should be plenty.

Don't see any dexos posts in the Engine Oil - A slippery subject Part 2 discussion yet. Be curious to learn what the hobby oil changers think about it.

I'd be more inclined to use Valvoline's recycled oil, NextGen. (NPR)
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    Since it's being supplied by many suppliers worldwide, shouldn't be any real problem obtaining it, and there shouldn't be any real high price for exclusivity. Somehow this reminds me of the rumor that GM was reporting cars sold to dealers as sold to the public a few months back.

Here's the list of world suppliers. I let the readers sort out the ones in N. America!

ACDelco dexos1™ SAE 5W-30 General Motors dexos1 5W-30 GB1A0916015 Global
    ACDelco dexos1™ SAE 5W-30 General Motors dexos1 5W-30 RB1A1122027 N. America
    ACDelco dexos1™ SAE 5W-30 General Motors dexos1 5W-30 RB1A1129027 N. America
    GM Motor Oil dexos2™, SAE
    5W-30 General Motors dexos2 5W-30 RB2B0208037 Europe
    Advantage Advanced Lubrication Specialties dexos1 5W-30 RB1A1203030 N. America
    Altra SHL dexos1™ 5W-30 Allegheny dexos1 5W-30 RB1A1008018 N. America
    April Hyper Syn SAE 5W-30 April Super Flo / Verco International dexos1 5W-30 RB1B0514053 N. America
    Ardeca Syn-Tec DX 5w30 Vroman NV dexos2 5W-30 RR1A1201029 Europe
    Blue Mountain Professional dexos™ 5W30 Old World Industries dexos1 5W-30 RR1B0325045 N. America
    CAM2 dexos1 Full Synthetic 5W-30 CAM2 dexos1 5W-30 RB1A1008019 N. America
    CAM2 dexos1 Full Synthetic 5W-30 CAM2 dexos1 5W-30 RR1A1122028 N. America
    Champion Syntolube GSB 5W30 Wolf dexos2 5W-30 RB2A0308012 Europe
    Coastal Warren Oil Co. dexos1 5W-30 RB1A1130028 N. America
    DuraMAX dexos1™ Full Synthetic 5W-30 Four O Corporation dexos1 5W-30 RR1B0318041 N. America
    ENOC X-Treme Energy SN 5W-30 ENOC International Sales LLC dexos1 5W-30 RB1B0512051 L.A./Africa/Middle East
    Extreme Max 5W-30 Lubricating Specialties Company dexos1 5W-30 RB1B0228040 N. America
    Feu Vert dexos2™ 5W-30 Feu Vert dexos2 5W-30 GB2A0107011 Europe
    Golden West dexos1™ 5W30 SN Texas Enterprises, Inc. dexos1 5W-30 RR1A1216032 N. America
    GulfTEC dexos1™ Synthetic 5W-30 Gulf Oil Limited Partnership dexos1 5W-30 RR1B0110035 N. America - Continental US only
    Hartland dexos1™ 5w-30 Bob Johnson Lubricants dexos1 5W-30 RR1B0103034 N. America
    HELLA dexos1™ 5W-30 Raloy Lubricantes, S.A. de C.V. dexos1 5W-30 RB1A1129027 N. America
    IGOL Profive Emeraude 5W30 Cipelia SAS dexos2 5W-30 RB2A1008017 Europe
    KRÖNEN ENERGY SAE 5W-30 Raloy Lubricantes, S.A. de C.V. dexos1 5W-30 RB1A1129027 N. America
    KunLun Tianrun SN/GF-5 PetroChina dexos1 5W-30 GB1A1112026 Asia
    Liqui Moly Top Tec 4600 Liqui-Moly dexos2 5W-30 RB2B0107031 Europe
    Liqui Moly Top Tec 4601 Liqui-Moly dexos1 5W-30 RB1B0106031 Europe
    Liqui Moly Top Tec 4602 Liqui-Moly dexos2 5W-30 RB2B0107031 Europe
    Liqui Moly Pro-Engine M 500 Liqui-Moly dexos2 5W-30 RB2B0107031 Europe
    MAG 1 Warren Distribution dexos1 5W-30 RB1A1104025 N. America
    Maxtron PCMO CHS Inc. dexos1 5W-30 RB1B0103033 N. America
    megol Motorenoel Efficiency Meguin dexos2 5W-30 RB2B0107031 Europe
    MOTOROIL 5W-30 PREMIUM SYNTHETIC GM dexos2™ MPM International Oil Company B.V. dexos2 5W-30 RR2B0331046 Europe
    Mobil 1 5W-30 ExxonMobil dexos1 5W-30 GB1A0915015 Global
    Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30 ExxonMobil dexos1 5W-30 GB1B0407015 Global
    Mobil 1 ESP 0W-40 ExxonMobil dexos2 0W-40 GB1A0917015 Global
    Mobil Super 3000 Formula G 5W-30 ExxonMobil dexos2 5W-30 GB2B0131015 Global
    Mobil Super 3000 XE 5W-30 ExxonMobil dexos2 5W-30 GB1A0914015 Global
    MOL Dynamic Gold 5W-30 MOL dexos2 5W-30 RB2B0107030 Europe
    MOTUL Specific Dexos 2 5W-30 Motul dexos2 5W-30 GB2A0107011 Global
    MOTUL 8100 X-clean 5W-40 Motul dexos2 5W-40 GB2B0325011 Global
    Multilife C-THREE 5W-30 Morris Lubricants dexos2 5W-30 RB2B0407047 Europe
    NATIONAL Pinnacle Oil dexos1 5W-30 RB1A1214031 N. America
    OMV BIXXOL special C3 SAE 5W-30 OMV Refining and Marketing GmbH dexos2 5W-30 RB2B0318042 Europe
    Peak Performance dexos™ 5W30 Old World Industries dexos1 5W-30 RR1B0325045 N. America
    Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Shell dexos1 5W-30 GB1A0703014 Global
    Petro-Canada Supreme Synthetic 5W-30 Petro-Canada dexos1 5W-30 GB1A1201024 Global
    PO MAXIMA GA 5W-30 Petrol Ofisi (POAS) dexos2 5W-30 GBBA0323013 Global
    Puratech PureSYN 5W30 North American Lubricants dexos1 5W-30 RR1B0208036 N. America
    Quaker State Ultimate Durability Full Synthetic Shell dexos1 5W-30 GB1A0702014 Global
    SERVICE PRO FULL SYN dexos1 5W-30 Association of Independent Oil Distributors (AIOD) dexos1 5W-30 RR1B0107032 N. America
    SERVICE PRO FULL SYN dexos1 5W-30 Association of Independent Oil Distributors (AIOD) dexos1 5W-30 RR1B0110032 N. America
    SERVICE PRO FULL SYN dexos1 5W-30 Association of Independent Oil Distributors (AIOD) dexos1 5W-30 RR1B0512032 N. America
    Silver State Colorado Petroleum Products Company dexos1 5W-30 RB1B0511050 N. America
    Sinclair Arctic Fire Full Synthetic Supreme Motor Oil GM dexos1™ Sinclair Oil Corporation dexos1 5W-30 RR1B0216039 N. America
    Sinopec Polar Star IV Sinopec dexos1 5W-30 RB1A1101021 Asia
    Sinopec Polar Star V Sinopec dexos1 5W-30 RB1A1101022 Asia
    Sinopec Polar Star VI Sinopec dexos1 5W-30 RB1A1101023 Asia
    SuperS dexos1 Smittys dexos1 5W-30 RB1A0924016 N. America
    Super XHD Synthetic 5W30 Universal Lubricants, LLC dexos1 5W-30 RB1B0325043 N. America
    SureGuard dexos1 Smittys dexos1 5W-30 RB1A0924016 N. America
    SwissOil GEO Synthetic 5W30 SN SwissOil del Ecuador S.A. dexos1 5W-30 RB1B0603054 L.A./Africa/Middle East
    Synergy Synthetic OE dexos1 Northland dexos1 5W-30 RB1A1018020 N. America
    Syngard Full Synthetic 5W-30 Cross Oil Refining and Marketing, Inc. dexos1 5W-30 RB1B0216038 N. America
    UNIL OPAL Opaljet Longlife 3 5W30 Cipelia SAS dexos2 5W-30 RB2A1008017 Europe
    UNIL Opaljet Longlife 3 5W30 Cipelia SAS dexos2 5W-30 RB2A1008017 Europe
    Wolf Masterlube Synflow GSB Wolf dexos2 5W-30 RB2A0308012 Europe
    YACCO LUBE O 5W30 Cipelia SAS dexos2 5W-30 RB2A1008017 Europe
    YACCO VX 1703 5W30 Cipelia SAS dexos2 5W-30 RB2A1008017 Europe
    ZIC dexos1™ SK Lubricants dexos1 5W-30 GB1B0615055 Global

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

edited June 2011
    Yeah, I saw that list in one of my earlier links. That link also said:

“Dexos further proliferates the number of products that must be stocked by distributors, installers and retailers, and adds unnecessary further complexity for consumers. Further, the licensing fees proposed by GM are cost prohibitive, and would result in significantly higher costs for the motoring public.”

"Originally, licensees were to have paid a $1,000 annual fee for each product, plus a royalty of 36 cents on every gallon of Dexos they sell. Sources suggested GM considers the fee a “flat” one in that GM looks at market shares today and then calculates what an oil marketer’s fee will be over the next four years."

Kind of odd that Valvoline is saying they can't afford the licensing fee. They're a pretty big name.
  • rocketentrocketent Member Posts: 60
    From the linked article:
    “The benefits of using Dexos include improved fuel economy, better engine protection and reduced emissions,”

Ok, fine, I want all that, but that whole linked press release does not say how or why. If fact the gist of the article reads more like “The benefits of using Dexos include improved profits, better revenue and reduced costs for GM,”

While mileage and emissions are important to me, I'm much more concerned about engine protection, which is why I'm so willing to listen to why dexos is better.
    So GM, take 2 identical Nox's put 5W30 in one and dexos1 in the other and show me the difference. (Or maybe GM should let an independent, non bias, agency do the test)

Theories are great, but show me real world results.

Thank you GM, I'll be waiting.
  • lazy_boneslazy_bones Member Posts: 28
    I can't speak for Dexos, but I can for Mobil 1 (or probably most synthetics). Years ago I had a VW van, and at one of my oil changes (I do my changes myself), I drained the dinosaur oil and poured in Mobil 1. When I started the engine, I had to run around to the rear - that's where the engine was - to turn down the idle speed screw A LOT. The synthetic had reduced the friction so much that the idle speed was about twice normal. It was very dramatic, and made a lasting impression on me. When I sold the car, I drained the Mobil 1, and replaced it with dinosaur oil, and couldn't keep the engine running until I turned the idle speed screw up again.
  • CapeCodCapeCod Member Posts: 117
    Why would engineers design the back seat to fold "flat" so poorly?
    I was hugely disappointed today when I test drove a 2011 Equinox.
    The rear seat when reclined forward rests at an angle of maybe 30*
    Has anyone found a way to improve on this?
    Right now it looks like a deal killer as I prefer a flatter cargo floor.
    The wheel wells already steal a lot of space now this.
    I suppose a could pack across the rear seats?
  • vwalburnvwalburn Member Posts: 23
    Just wanted to find out how the Equinox has been since your post in April.
  • wingrootwingroot Member Posts: 43
    8,500 miles, and not one single problem of any kind....and I have an engineeribg background. The six does make a differance. And, non-eletric power steering....Richard
  • johnboy18johnboy18 Member Posts: 9
    :shades: why should i buy a chevy vs the gmc
    arent they about the same auto they both look to be doing well