Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Infiniti G25

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited August 2010 in INFINITI
The G25 is scheduled to begin arriving in dealerships this September. Talk about the G25 here!
Tagged:

Comments

• m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    I was in getting a little exhaust work done on my QX4 this morning and was talking to the salesman about this car. He didn't have any info other than what has been widely published in press statements and such but said his regiona Infiniti rep was due in the dealership that afternoon with a G25 to show them and go over some details. He expected them to be in with about 3 weeks in some quantity.

Specifically asked him about MPG but he knew nothing but was hoping to get some info this afternoon. Got his card and will email him to see if he got any details that I can share.

If anyone has info on this car....please post.
  • volvownervolvowner Member Posts: 37
    I'm also interested in the MPG rating of the G25. To me it's a make or break thing given the sacrifice in power vs. the G37, and the likelihood that they'll start off much closer to MSRP than the deals available now on 2010 G37s. I did a calculation based on the Japanese Skyline 250GT mileage rating, and came up with ~24.4MPG combined. I don't claim this is precise, but it's realistic, similar to the 24MPG combined of cars like the 200HP 4-cyl VW CC and the 2.5L 5-cyl Volvo S40. Of course, this has the major assumption that the US version gets the same mileage as the Japanese one.

Sure would like to see specifics soon, not to mention some indication that they're arriving at dealers.
    I feel the same way. G37s are going for about 4-5k+ off MSRP. If G25s sell near MSRP where is the savings? If they starting discounting them down to say 28k then you are talking. You can't get Nav on the G25 either. With the 7 speed auto trans it better come in at even better mpg than you're estimate or it just won't appeal at that price point.

They should have MSRP'd it about 2k less and with good mpg they could blow them out. I'm getting the impression that Infiniti is not trying to sell a lot of them, just enough to get new buyers into the Infiniti brand and then sell them up when they trade. Just a thought. I'm not nearly as excited about it after the saw the final MSRP numbers.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Agree with you on the pricing. Infiniti has to be really careful not only what they charge but any incentives or what the finally OTD price is going to be.

I'm more interested in the mpg the G25 is going to have. For such a power reduction between the G37 and G25, there better be more than just a +1mpg city/highway difference between the G37 and G25.

I'm hoping it has something like 21mpg city/29mpg highway at the minimum. I'd love to see 22/30 mpg but not sure if it will be that good.
    I saw somewhere that it is still premium fuel recommended and the Japan version, the Skyline gets a little more hp/torque than the published numbers that we are going to get. I also seem to recall that car getting around your wished for numbers but that's a distant memory and I'm not sure about it. If they tune it down a hair they may be able to pull 22/30 out of it or even 23/31.

Since the car is supposed to be in dealerships within a couple of weeks it seems strange that no EPA numbers have been released.
  • dash5dash5 Member Posts: 421
    So premium fuel. Do we know if it's available in AWD? Or just RWD. RWD and Premium put it off my list I think sadly.
    Yeah, AWD is the G25x. There's post a couple back that has a link to a dealer that has packages and prices on their site. I priced out a G25x with just one little option and it came to $34,995 MSRP including dest. chg. That's with no sunroof which is an additional $1,000 option. Little ridiculous really when the street price for a G37x with sunroof is less than $35k.

The only thing that may put it off my list is the price. It should be about $3k less.
    Looking at it now, Engine is a 2.5L V6 with 218 HP and 187 Torque? Even at 30k what is the incentive over the Kia/Hyundai Turbo offerings? Granted the G is beautiful, and I suppose you'd also be getting AWD which is a nice bonus.
    Well, at the price Infiniti is asking there isn't! However, if the price were, say, less than $30k for the G25 and it got 22/29 with all wheel drive it would be tempting. I think there is still a world of difference in the quality of material and workmanship in the Infiniti versus a Hyundai or Kia product which you can tell by just sitting in one.

I'm even more interested in the Optima now that Infiniti has priced this new G25 so high.
    I don't know, how about better resale value, better quality, more tech/feature offerings, luxury vs non-luxury thing, nicer dealership experience, loaner vehicles, etc etc.

Kia vs Infiniti is a very odd and wrong comparison in my opinion to say the least; they are not cross shop or compete with each other.
    Agee with just about everything you say except for the possibility of some people cross shopping the G25 and the Optima. I see two people here that are looking at both. Probably not a common thing though I would have to agree. They are not really in the same class but I for one would look at both.
    I do have to admit one thing though, the new Optima design is most impressive

Both Kia and Hyundai are on a roll for sure!
    I agree all those are strengths of the G25, but it really comes down to price. The top of the line, loaded V6 or Turbo midsize sedans routinely crack 30k. If you're in that neighborhood, you're not going to be peeking at the entry level near lux sexy sedan from Infiniti? Again that's assuming the G25 is reasonably priced in the (very) low 30's nicely equipped.

For me, the big lure of the G25 would be higher quality interior and general high quality. I cant think of what tech the G would have over the Kia, that thing is loaded. I owned a G35 coupe and the dealer was a pain in the neck, but granted I just may have had a bad dealership. Resale value is certainly a factor, but I tend to keep my cars for a long time so it's lessened somewhat.

I'm definitely not trying to bash the G25, I'm just saying if they want to sell them at 35k or more it's gonna be a really tough sell for me.
    Oh I agree about the price, Infiniti definitely has to keep this thing under 35k. You are right about the overlap in mainstream division mid-size and premium level vehicles and entry-lux vehicles b/c their prices over lap quite often and the way the economy is right now, people are car shopping by price/budget now more than ever.

I've found over the years, if your only able to budget in that price range then you have to make a decision. If you need a comfort, lots of room, and versatile vehicle then your going to have to stay with the mainstream upper level vehicles. If you don't need those pre mentions things and want something that is smaller, less room, but more sporty with the prestige badge and luxury experience then you can go with the entry-lux level vehicles b/c most of the entry-level lux vehicles, ON AVG, are on the smaller end of size and room (ie G25, 3-Series, A4, C-Class, IS, TSX, Regal, etc) compared to the mid-size and premium level sedans and vehicles from the mainstream divisions. There are some exceptions to the rule of course.
    I agree. The price for the G25 is just too high compared to what you get with the G37. As far as bells and whistles I think there are some that you still won't see on the Optima but then it looks there are a couple on the Optima that aren't offered on the Gs either. I think the Optima has side mirror blinkers, a one-touch 3 blink turn signal, heated rear seats, heated and cooled front seats, split fold-down rear seat, UVO(potentially). That's just off the top of my head. Those things to my knowledge aren't offered in the G. The G has two or three tech nuances that I don't believe are offered in the Optima so all in all not a big difference on the tech side.

I have to say that I have dealt with the same Infiniti dealer for 8 years and they have been great although I haven't had to use them hardly at all except for routine maint. My '02 QX4 has 77k on it and I just had the very first actual repair work done within the last few weeks and that amounted to the equivalent of about 1 normal car payment. Since it's been paid off for 5 years I don't think you can get much better than that.
  • pavppavp Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2010
    According to the specs by KBB G25 seems to be smaller than G 37 check the following link

http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/infiniti/g/2011/specifications-technical?id=353610

The rear leg room seems to be really less than IS 250 :(
    Those KBB numbers are wrong. Check Edmunds.....the G37 and G25 are the same size. The KBB numbers are so far off. They have the weight as more than the AWD EX at over 4,000lbs.. If it was smaller and with a smaller engine you would think it would weigh less than the G37...not 400 lbs more.

The car is the exactly the same but with smaller engine and a little less content.
    +1

I don't know where kbb got those numbers but they are so wrong. The G25 is going to be the exact same size and bodystyle as the G37 and Infiniti has admitted that. That's about all we know though, except for the smaller engine and maybe some feature content changes.

I'd love to know how even kbb got those wrong numbers considering Infiniti has still not released any super detailed specifications for the G25 as of yet.
    They have released the engine hp/torque and some package content. No mpg or dimensions that I know of though but I think it's pretty obvious it's the same car. They wouldn't develop a whole new size car and still call it a G. If you were going to do that they would call it something else and make a big splash IMO. It's the same concept as the FX35 and FX50. Same vehicle, different engine.

I kind of wish they would come with a EX25. I like the EX35 AWD which I consider just a G hatchback with a little higher ride. It just sucks gas too much and I don't need 300hp. My kids are grown and I very rarely carry anyone in the back seat so that being a little cramped doesn't bother me at all. That's about the only thing everybody complains about is the rear legroom which I don't care about.

I don't think that the G25 is going to sell at the MSRP they have come out with. Look at the prices paid forums, you can get a G37 cheaper than the MSRP on this thing are. You'd have to really, really want an Infinit and to save some money on gas to consider this unless heavily discounted.
    edited September 2010
    I too would love to see a EX25 as well but they need to fix a couple of things with the EX before they could add another model level to it b/c it has not gone over well with sales since the beginning.

The two biggest flaws being rear legroom/comfort and cargo capacity/size. Both of which are very poor for its class and are the exact things you would expect in a entry level lux crossover, especially at its price level. Those are the two things which took it off the table for me and the biggest criticisms I have seen on review after review of it.

One other thing I'd like Infiniti to get through their heads is adding a freakin power lift gate to the EX. No reason why at its price level it doesn't come with one when a freakin Chevy Equinox does. They are finally putting one on the FX for 2011 but still none for the EX. Just ridiculous. One last thing I'd like to see is Infiniti sport of the styling a tiny bit. The EX too me looks a little too conservative for an Infiniti considering all the other models in the line-up are more aggressive/sporty looking in nature. Just like Infiniti to add a little flare to EX styling.
    I like the styling of the current EX. Love the big side mirrors and the tech inside. Have you actually sat in the back seat of the 2010 models? I had read for two years about the terrible legroom so I specifically checked it out at the auto show. They have carved a big indent in the back seat and I got in and out of the back seat several times and found it to be fine. I'm about 5"10" so maybe someone taller would have a problem, I don't know. Hey it's their problem if they want a ride, right!

The cargo room really isn't a problem for me either. It would be nice to have more I guess but if you consider it a hatchback and don't compare it to a SUV volume it's not bad. You won't be putting a recliner back there but that 52" flat screen in the box should still slide in nicely with the seats down.

I hear you on the liftgate. They have power seatbacks that go up with a button push(watch for the seatbelts) but no power liftgate. Take the motor from the stupid seatbacks and put on the liftgate already. In comparison, how many times would you use one versus the other. My hands aren't full when I want to put the seatbacks up, they are when I approach the car with groceries. That's my rant.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the styling inside and outside and that was not a reason for me not to get it I just think they could go a pinch more aggressive that is all.

The cargo room isn't terrible buts there is not that much unless you put the backseat down. It could be that I'm just used to more, I do have an FX which has more rear cargo room so maybe my standards are too high, lol!

I still had issues with the 2010 EX with rear legroom. I'm 5'9'' but with the driver seat up where I would like it, I had a job getting in and out of the rear and when sitting in there my legs just cleared the front seat. I just don't like to feel cramped in like that even though my legs did clear the front seat, it was just by a slim margin. I like a little bit more room then that, but that is just me.

Just to put it in perspective how bad the rear legroom is, the EX35's rear legroom is 28.5'' while the G37 COUPE (this is the coupe mind you, not the sedan) has 29.8'' of rear legroom. There is something wrong when a sport coupe has more rear legroom then a luxury cross-over does. :surprise:
    Agree on the FX roominess. When I sat in one recently it reminded me of about the same feel as my '02 QX4. I think they are probably somewhat similar in size. The EX is almost a compact crossover in size even though the G which it's based is considered midsize. The FX is more hungry than the EX and a tad more than I want to spend anyway. Nice roomy interior though.
  • sanishsanish Member Posts: 66
    The Infiniti G25 Sedan shares the same dynamic exterior, interior and chassis as the G37 Sedan, but with a smaller displacement engine and improved fuel economy. The 2.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 produces 218 horsepower and 187 lb-ft of torque, versus the G37's 3.7-liter DOHC 24-valve VVEL V6's 328 horsepower and 269 lb-ft of torque. The G25 Sedan is available in both rear-wheel drive and intelligent all-wheel drive.
    Three models are offered: G25 Sedan with an M.S.R.P. of $30,950 USD, the G25 Sedan Journey priced at $32,350 USD and the G25x Sedan AWD with an M.S.R.P. of $33,950.
    The G25 Sedan's extensive list of standard equipment includes leather-appointed seating, Shodo aluminum interior trim, 8-way power driver's seat and 4-way power front passenger's seat, Automatic Temperature Control, six-speaker audio system, XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately) and much more.
    "With the new Infiniti G25 Sedan, we're broadening the appeal of the G Line with a model designed to provide an additional choice for buyers looking for a true luxury sedan, but who might not need the higher levels of performance provided by our larger engine-equipped G37 models," said Infiniti Vice President Ben Poore. "The G25 is positioned in the heart of the luxury sport sedan market, allowing us to bring Infiniti's Inspired Performance to a wider selection of buyers."
    Other standard G25 Sedan features range from 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, High Intensity Discharge (HID) Xenon headlights, 4-wheel Anti-lock Disc Braking System (ABS), Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) and Traction Control System (TCS). The G25 Sedan Journey model adds RearView Monitor, heated front seats, heated outside mirrors, auto on/off headlights, Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control and more.
    The Infiniti G Sedan is also offered in five G37 Sedan variations, each equipped with a 3.7-liter V6: G37 Sedan Journey, G37x Sedan AWD, G37 Sedan Sport 6MT, G37 Sedan Limited Edition and G37x Sedan AWD Limited Edition.
    In addition, the 2011 Infiniti G lineup includes the Infiniti G37 Coupe and Infiniti G37 Convertible
    link? your not telling us much information more then we already know!

what about fuel economy and detailed specifications?

Infiniti's website still doesn't list the car as of right now!
    Aren't EPA stickers required to be on the windows of any new car for sale in the US? If the G25 is available for sale how come the EPA mpg is such a big secret and why wouldn't Infiniti put it in their release? Got to wonder if it isn't what they wanted it to be.
    I'm still trying to find out the information posted that is on sale first of all. Infiniti's website doesn't have the car listed yet nor does the Nissan/Infiniti media news room mention anything about it going on sale yet.

That is why I want a link!
    Infiniti made a press release yesterday. Previous poster did a copied text into his post. Here's link.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-2011-infiniti-g25-sedan-on-sale-now-- with-a-starting-msrp-of-30950-usd-103425554.html

That's why I can't believe the EPA numbers aren't public. EPA site does not list G25 either but they are notoriously slow at updating.
    Thanks man! That was all I wanted was a link. Your right though, that's damn odd that they don't mention the epa numbers! Guess will have to wait till see the window sticker on the lots in the coming weeks!
  • mumuxumumuxu Member Posts: 34
    Just got mail from Ray Catena in NJ . They are launching it on 25th Sept. looking forward to test drive it.... :D
  • sfukrsfukr Member Posts: 13
    Really seems odd the local stealers have the G25 on the lots. Yet no auto rags have published any driving reviews. No gas mileage specs. No 0-60 and 60-0. How it handles with the lighter weight etc etc. Infiniti must be into stealth marketing now.
    My dealer in Houston doesn't expect them in until around the first week in October. As gas mileage is key to my decision, I'm curious why Infiniti has been so quiet about the 2.5L engine. The pessimistic view is that it's mediocre and nothing to brag about, so they're not. The optimistic view is that it's good enough that they don't want to create pent-up demand that makes it more difficult to move year-end 2010 G37s.

The middle ground is that manufacturers rarely publicize their next-year capabilities to avoid stealing thunder from the current model, so that's probably what's happening regardless of what the gas mileage is. There's no reason to put out the G25 if the gas mileage only goes up 1-2mpg and gives up over 100hp. I'd be shocked and disappointed if the hwy mileage isn't at least 30mpg...I'm counting on Infiniti realizing that and not putting out a pointless model.
    It's very rare that a manufacturer would bring a new car to market without some advertising and some mag test drives within a week of it hitting the dealers. It's almost like "Ok, we announced it, now lets shut up and hope nobody asks for it."

I can see the scenario now.

S: Sorry Mr. Smith, your credit rating won't get you to the payment you want to make on the G37. However, we've got something out back with a little less hp and a smaller payment but it looks the same. Then when you get ready to trade, come back and get the car you really wanted in the first place".
  • actech1actech1 Member Posts: 1
    I was at an Infiniti dealer here in SoCal a couple of hours ago and they had 4 G25
    sedans 2 base and 2 Journeys. The MPG listed was 20 city and 29 HWY.
    Thats only 2 MPG's better than G37.
  • sfukrsfukr Member Posts: 13
    Unless the insurance is significantly less I see no reason to get a G25 over the G37. Gas mileage is very disappointing. I'm in the OC 949 and dealers have them in stock. If it wasn't so hot I'd go for a test drive. Think I'll cross shop the new Mustang v6. I know not the same class of car. Faster and better mileage though.
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for the info. Yes, that is disappointing. I expected around 22/30 to make it a reasonable trade off. For two mpg I would go with the G37. Street prices make them almost the same price right now. I don't know what Infiniti is thinking. I was really looking forward to something around 29k and 22/30 mpg. This is kind of ridiculous.

The tubo Buick Regal is going to compete very nicely with this car!
    So I was wrong for trusting Infiniti...consider me shocked and disappointed. Thanks for the early notice...keeps me from waiting a couple of weeks to see it for myself.

Now, onto the G37 or Acura TL.
    heck, he said that was the mpg for the base and journey which most likely did not have AWD so if you get the AWD its probably even 1mpg less than that!

Agree completely, very disappointing to say the least. Definitely should have been 21/30 at the very least and was hoping, like you, for 22/30. For that kind of power reduction and size of the vehicle it should be able to get those numbers. Looks like you'd have to stick with Altima 4cyl for freakin good gas mileage (23/32) now :sick:
    Yeah, even the Camry with a 6spd auto gets 20/29 and that has like 50 more hp/torque. Not to compare the two but if Toyota can get mileage like that with about the same weight/size car with a 6spd and a lot more oomph, why can't Infiniti do better than that on premium gas no less. Pretty pathetic when you think about it.
    would explain a little bit why everything was so hush hush on the marketing front about the epa numbers, etc - they are not that good so why brag about it!
    edited September 2010
    Can anybody please tell me how a G25 AWD with over 100 hp reduction has the same fuel economy as a RWD G37? :confuse: :confuse: :confuse: :sick:
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    The G25 in all of its glory is now live on the Infiniti web site. $2,670 spread between G25 Journey and G37 Journey. IS250 to IS350 spread is $5,255.

Sample inventory at Scottsdale dealer which might give us an idea of what will be available.
    G25 Base: 3
    G25 Journey: 6
    G25 Journey w/sunroof: 7
    We don't do X's in AZ
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • dayne20071dayne20071 Member Posts: 20
    Well, I notice it is available in one less colour, Infiniti colour selections are becoming a little like Lexus, very subdue.
    edited September 2010
    Two less colors, neither of them a loss IMHO. Smokey Quartz (tan) and Vibrant Red. I really wish the sedan and the coupe had the convertible's Midnight Garnet available, that is a sharp color.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Yea, that is a good colour, but I am dissapointed they discontinued the Lakeshore blue, I always thought they had the wrong interior colours to match that colour, Blue usually looks good with black interior, however they had a Stone and Wheat interior colour with it. Maybe that is the reason it never sold well.
    Anything but a black interior is a bad color to me. ;)
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Really solid review of it here, making me think about this car again:

http://www.insideline.com/infiniti/g25/2011/2011-infiniti-g25-sedan-first-drive.- html

"At the end of the day the G25 offers a unique combination of luxury and economy, and is every bit as engaging to drive as the BMW 328i and sportier than a Lexus IS 250. It is exactly powerful enough to strike a commendable balance among social responsibility, budget consciousness and engaging driving character.

Best of all, it's not a penalty box."
    Well I am going to test drive a G25 tomorrow, a dealership in NJ call me and said they just received 4. But I like the opinion of Insideline, is seem like these cars will be a good buy.
    Seeing that the going street price is about $4500-$5000 of MSRP for a G37 the G25 at close to MSRP is about the same price. That's giving up over 100hp and you can't get NAV and some other bells and whistles.

If you can't get the new G25 Journey for around $4k under MSRP or about $30k it's just not a good deal at all. The 1mpg city and 2 mpg hwy is just not much of an improvement.