Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru Forester - Anyone pick up a 2011 yet?

peteyboy30peteyboy30 Member Posts: 34
edited August 2014 in Subaru
I've heard you can put orders in for the 2011, but not sure if I believe them. Also, wondering if anyone has any info about when the cars are actually going to be available in the showrooms. Concrete info only, please. I've done enough speculating! Thank you all!

Comments

• saedavesaedave Member Posts: 694
    My dealer said October.
  • peteyboy30peteyboy30 Member Posts: 34
    Ouch! I've been dying to get a new car!
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,762
    That is surprisingly late for Subaru. They typically have their new model years on lots in July.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Forester is even earlier.

IIRC the 2009s arrived in March/April of 2008, and the 2010 in April of 2009.

2010 was a looooooooooooong model year.
    I wonder if there is so much inventory of 2010 Forester models on dealer lots that there is a deliberate hold back of the 2011s.
    Good question. Another one (important to at least me) is that if they offer a big rebate on the 2010's, would I grab one instead of a 2011, keeping in mind the differences between the two?
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    edited September 2010
    I heard that Subaru was waiting for a more favorable dollar-yen relationship. My guy at Herb Gordon Subaru thinks that's the case. He's not expecting any '11 Foresters until November.

Bob
    November?! /cry
    I doubt the lots are backed up...sales were up every month until recently. Supply was actually short, probably back to normal now.
    edited September 2010
    Forester was down for the month:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/subaru-sales-continue-to-climb-101989383- .html

Keep in mind last August was the peak of the C4C, but Forester sales were down 39% from that record month.

Incredibly, Outback sales were up 37%.

So they do probably have Foresters in stock. Outbacks? Fuggedaboutit.
  • fnamowiczfnamowicz Member Posts: 196
    I checked with 2 Subaru dealers they told me that they do not have any pricing for the 2011 Forester.
    I think that Subaru is playing games one dealer told me that he would take orders based on the 2010 prices with a 4% mark up, I walked out.
    If the new normaly aspirated engine's block is similar to the XT's, it will cost more to manufacture. Subaru could be having a problem deciding whether to pass along such a cost.
  • ecotrklvrecotrklvr Member Posts: 519
    Just read another online Subaru site that shows new 2011 Pricing and Features. Glad to tell you all - the Tilt+Telescopic steering wheel feature has been added to 2.5X Premium and higher models. As a big guy, that is great news. Also new is integrated Bluetooth to same models, with steering wheel controls. Just a few weeks away. Now, I have to decide between Spark Silver and Steel Gray...
  • orbit9090orbit9090 Member Posts: 116
    edited September 2010
    Subaru Announces 2011 Forester

2011 Forester features an all-new 2.5L DOHC Subaru Boxer Engine

Subaru today announced 2011 pricing for its award-winning Forester model starting at $20,495 equipped with manual transmission, a modest $200 increase from 2010. The automatic transmission version starts at $21,695. The 2011 Forester's all-new 2.5L DOHC SUBARU BOXER® Engine improves on the Forester's already impressive fuel efficiency. All Forester models now come with a new grill design as well as an updated instrument panel with a softer, textured material for enhanced interior appearance.

The 2011 Forester 2.5X Premium, equipped with manual transmission starts at $23,195, a $400 increase over last year. The automatic transmission version starts at $24,195. Standard equipment includes all 2.5X model features (where applicable) plus a standard 10-way power driver's seat, privacy glass, panoramic power moonroof, roof rails, steering wheel mounted audio switches, reclining rear seatback function and rear seat retractable rear tray.

The Forester 2.5X Premium also now includes:
    * Driver's side power window with Auto-Down and Auto-Up with Anti-Pinch Protection
    * Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
    * New 17" Alloy Wheels
    * Standard Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone Connectivity with steering wheel control switches
    * Bluetooth Audio Streaming Connectivity
    * iPod connectivity
    * USB port
    * Sirius Satellite Radio capability

In addition to those features, the 2011MY Forester 2.5X Premium also features an all-new TomTom® Navigation option package. Available with the $500 All Weather Package, the TomTom® Navigation option has a special value price of only $595, for a total package price of only $1,095. This TomTom® unit is a removable navigation device with a 4.3" LCD touch screen and includes the following features:

* Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone Connectivity
    * iPod connectivity
    * Removable Portable Navigation Device
    * USB port

A back-up camera is an additional available accessory and traffic information on the camera is available with a subscription.

Forester 2.5X Limited

The 2011MY Forester 2.5X Limited, equipped with automatic transmission, has a starting price of $26,495, a $500 increase. Standard equipment includes all 2.5X Premium model features (where applicable) plus leather-trimmed upholstery, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter handle, stainless exhaust tips, automatic climate control system, fog lights, cargo area tray and All-Weather Package along with the following additional improvements to the audio system:

* Bluetooth Audio Streaming Connectivity
    * Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone Connectivity
    * HD radio
    * iPod connectivity
    * 4.3" LCD display screen
    * 6 upgraded speakers (instead of 4)
    * Back-up camera accessory option

The 2.5X Limited continues to offer a Touch-Screen GPS Navigation System for $1,800 which includes a 7" LCD screen, auxiliary input jack and now includes a backup camera.

Forester 2.5X Touring

Also new for the 2011MY is the introduction of the 2.5X Touring model. This model builds on the 2.5X Limited model and comes equipped with automatic transmission starting at $27,995. This model adds several unique features: High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights, exterior mirrors with integrated turn signals, silver finish roof rails, one-touch folding rear seatbacks, dual-zone automatic climate control, Sirius satellite radio and electroluminescent instrumentation.

Forester 2.5XT Premium

The 2.5XT Premium starts at $26,995, is equipped with automatic transmission and features the impressive 224-horsepower 2.5L DOHC intercooled, turbocharged Boxer Engine. Standard equipment includes a 2.5 liter turbocharged engine with Active Valve Control System, decorative engine cover, stainless exhaust tips, fog lights, rear spoiler, telescopic steering column, unique 17-inch alloy wheels, hood scoop, and aluminum-alloy accelerator and brake pedal covers and now includes a 10-way power driver's seat.

Forester 2.5XT Touring

The 2011MY Forester 2.5XT also adds a Touring model, equipped with automatic transmission and starting at $29,995. This new model includes HID headlights, exterior mirrors with integrated turn signals, backup camera, silver finish roof rails, one-touch folding rear seatback and electroluminescent instrumentation. In addition to those features, it has an upgraded audio system with a 4.3" LCD display screen, dual-zone automatic climate control and perforated leather-trimmed upholstery. The Touch-Screen GPS Navigation System is also available (with the standard backup camera already included in the vehicle) as an option on all Touring models for only $1,600.

The destination and delivery charge is $725 for all 2011MY Forester models in the contiguous 48 states. The MSRP of PZEV (Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle) models remains $300 more than the federal specification model.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/subaru-of-america-inc-announces-pricing-- - - on-2011-forester-103721929.html
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    This was buried in the press release:

________

All Forester models now come with a new grill design as well as an updated instrument panel with a softer, textured material for enhanced interior appearance.
    ________

This is good news, as it signals Subaru has gotten the message that a lot of hard plastic in the interior turns people off. Rumor has it that the all-new 2012 Impreza will also have a softer padded dashboard.

Bob
  • fnamowiczfnamowicz Member Posts: 196
    Any news on Forester invoice prices?
  • aathertonaatherton Member Posts: 617
    edited October 2010
    I don't think invoice prices will be published, but will have to be bought from services. In 2007 I got invoice pricing from Consumer Reports on the 2008 Forester that I bought, but could have gotten it from a couple of other services.
This discussion has been closed.