Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New 2010Accord V6 EXL - headlight scratched, hlp

suigensuigen Member Posts: 5
edited August 2014 in Honda
signed a deal with a dealer for new 2010 accord v6 exl witha nj dealer. was about to take delivery of it when we noticed a big scratch on the headlight. dealer offered to repair it. But now not sure if we need to go ahead with the purchase or should we take delivery of a new car.
Any suggestions ?

Comments

• suigensuigen Member Posts: 5
    Signed a deal to purchase a new Accord 2010V6EXLfor $24176+$695(options)+750+399+398+16 = 28227 OTD. is it good deal?
  • mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    Damage to new cars during delivery and while on the lot does happen. Small dents/scratches/chips, broken glass and other repairs are routinely done before cars are sold. I would not be worried with a repaired headlight lens.

Mrbill
  • accordguy0325accordguy0325 Member Posts: 169
    I concur with MrBill, if there isn't any other damage to the car I would have the dealer repair the headlight cover or replace the entire assembly. My brother took delivery of a Mazda some years ago that had a huge gash on the front bumper when he got it and the dealer repaired the problem for him about a week later with no ill effects.

Im sure once fixed it will be as good as new - enjoy your new car !
This discussion has been closed.